(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 153.
#7101 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

you (from USA) are lucky guys...
full of sarcasm of course, as here (west europe), next container should have PRO starting with a 7...

You getting a Mando Pro? If so, I look forward to your obscenely high scores! Lol

#7102 2 years ago

For those who also had the sticky flipper button issue on their mando like me, I made a quick fix guide for you:

#7103 2 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

For those who also had the sticky flipper button issue on their mando like me, I made a quick fix guide for you:

Excellent video editing. Just subscribed!

#7104 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

You getting a Mando Pro? If so, I look forward to your obscenely high scores! Lol

no not now for Mando, its too early (better waiting a mature code)...
mainly it will be Iron Man or Hotwheels

#7105 2 years ago
Quoted from Tiki-Ed:

My left ramp broke right at the protector. Requested a new one from the distributor. Seems to be a known problem but here’s pics anyway.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cliffy has made a fix for this and I was at the right place/right time to be a test subject. My ramp is not broken yet but was starting to crack at that screw hole with under 100 games.

I installed today and only takes a few minutes. Top hole is elongated for fine tuning. He only made a few but based on my feedback to him today he will start up production. Reach out to him at http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

D4C1F209-7A63-4544-ABA6-60262AD06B19 (resized).jpegD4C1F209-7A63-4544-ABA6-60262AD06B19 (resized).jpeg374EB77E-7EE1-4620-B62A-ECA364F9F9DB (resized).jpeg374EB77E-7EE1-4620-B62A-ECA364F9F9DB (resized).jpegCAA86666-CEB6-4761-8947-6978191B062A (resized).jpegCAA86666-CEB6-4761-8947-6978191B062A (resized).jpeg782126A4-F308-4DB4-84BC-F1B286DA1963 (resized).jpeg782126A4-F308-4DB4-84BC-F1B286DA1963 (resized).jpegBA39A28A-74FF-4DE2-9022-95B93D0368B0 (resized).jpegBA39A28A-74FF-4DE2-9022-95B93D0368B0 (resized).jpeg
#7106 2 years ago

Aww yeah Cliffy to the rescue!

#7107 2 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

Yikes! When did you place your order with them?

Premium, Early June.

#7108 2 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

Cliffy has made a fix for this and I was at the right place/right time to be a test subject. My ramp is not broken yet but was starting to crack at that screw hole with under 100 games.
I installed today and only takes a few minutes. Top hole is elongated for fine tuning. He only made a few but based on my feedback to him today he will start up production. Reach out to him at http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

For the pins that have broken ramps already at the screw hole this Cliffy does a great job of supporting the ramp and also covers the unsightly broken up area…

#7109 2 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

I installed today and only takes a few minutes. Top hole is elongated for fine tuning. He only made a few but based on my feedback to him today he will start up production. Reach out to him at http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cliff is the man. Waiting on protectors for Spidey and TWD. He's backed up, but the stuff is worth the wait.

#7110 2 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

For the pins that have broken ramps already at the screw hole this Cliffy does a great job of supporting the ramp and also covers the unsightly broken up area…

So, folks can store the new ramp Stern sends out as a back up. Win win.

#7111 2 years ago

How does this attach to the ramps that are broken? I thought that spot with the screw snaps completely off?

Glad cliffy fixed this issue!

#7112 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How does this attach to the ramps that are broken? I thought that spot with the screw snaps completely off?
Glad cliffy fixed this issue!

It's longer and attaches at a different point.

#7113 2 years ago

It mounts to the upper screw on the air ball defector. Old screw hole is not used.

59038500-BDD0-4ECE-982A-FBA772889757 (resized).jpeg59038500-BDD0-4ECE-982A-FBA772889757 (resized).jpeg
#7114 2 years ago
Quoted from linearchaos:

Premium, Early June.

I think there's a lot of people that ordered day 1 or earlier that didn't make the first run and are now in the October run.

#7115 2 years ago

FWIW, I was late to place an order (June 25), and don't expect to see the premium I ordered until Q1 2022. More time for me to sock away the $$, and something to look forward to at least!

A little bummed about the price hike if the rumors are true, but oh well.

#7116 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I think there's a lot of people that ordered day 1 or earlier that didn't make the first run and are now in the October run.

Yeah, I'm certainly in no hurry other than the standard anticipation. Just haven't seen much recently about ship delays here so I figured it'd be good to share.

#7117 2 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

Just did, thanks! I wish I would have waited a week or two to make my order, I just finished installing the other protectors. Glad to have him supporting the hobby.

#7118 2 years ago
Quoted from linearchaos:

Yeah, I'm certainly in no hurry other than the standard anticipation. Just haven't seen much recently about ship delays here so I figured it'd be good to share.

Thanks, any info is better than nothing. I'm not sure where your 8/25 date came from since as far as I know there has been only the one mid-July run of premiums so far. With stern trying to roll out insider connected, their huge order backlog, part shortages, and price increases who the hell knows? With the next run scheduled for October, that might be where your current November estimate is coming from, if the run is scheduled for the middle or end of the month.

All I know is the premium I ordered in mid-May will probably show up sometime in the next several weeks, and I might need to pay an extra grand for it.

#7119 2 years ago

Mandorian LE in the house today. Gorgeous game!

CDBBF631-8875-48F9-90BB-6BF24FF0970A (resized).jpegCDBBF631-8875-48F9-90BB-6BF24FF0970A (resized).jpeg
#7120 2 years ago

Finally got my mando pro tonight. Serious issues with both flippers sticking. Hitting it again or opposite flippers will bring it back down. Is this common in new sterns?

#7121 2 years ago
Quoted from JCrusher:

Finally got my mando pro tonight. Serious issues with both flippers sticking. Hitting it again or opposite flippers will bring it back down. Is this common in new sterns?

Coil stops. They most likely failed. Check those first.

#7122 2 years ago
Quoted from JCrusher:

Build date?

#7124 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks. Am a bit of noob. What exactly am i looking for as evidence?

20210827_202436 (resized).jpg20210827_202436 (resized).jpg
#7125 2 years ago
Quoted from JCrusher:

Thanks. Am a bit of noob. What exactly am i looking for as evidence?[quoted image]

Coil stop is at the opposite end of the coil. Hard to tell by looking at it without taking it apart.

#7126 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No,the plastic buttons have a casting ridge that needs to be sanded down.Back a few posts there is a video of how to remove the flipper buttons and sand down the ridge.I did not do the drill trick,I sanded them both by hand.I thought I was the 1-1000000 that had this problem,nope.

#7127 2 years ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

No,the plastic buttons have a casting ridge that needs to be sanded down.Back a few posts there is a video of how to remove the flipper buttons and sand down the ridge.I did not do the drill trick,I sanded them both by hand.I thought I was the 1-1000000 that had this problem,nope.

Not sure how i missed this, thanks. This solved sticky flippers for you?

#7128 2 years ago
Quoted from JCrusher:

Thanks. Am a bit of noob. What exactly am i looking for as evidence?[quoted image]

5EFBDF78-1EDC-489A-A37A-14398660CB51 (resized).jpeg5EFBDF78-1EDC-489A-A37A-14398660CB51 (resized).jpeg
#7129 2 years ago
Quoted from JCrusher:

Not sure how i missed this, thanks. This solved sticky flippers for you?

So i did this. Doesn't help at all. Will take a look at the coil stop. The right flipper feels super weak too compared to the left. I opened a ticket.

#7130 2 years ago
Quoted from JCrusher:

So i did this. Doesn't help at all. Will take a look at the coil stop. The right flipper feels super weak too compared to the left. I opened a ticket.

With the glass off and game off, move the flipper bats up and down by hand. Let them snap back from a raised position. Do they feel tight like they’re binding? A lot of time weak flippers is from a mechanical binding, which will require you to make a small but easy adjustment.

#7131 2 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

Genius. I was wondering if Stern would consider using the further back screw.

#7132 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

With the glass off and game off, move the flipper bats up and down by hand. Let them snap back from a raised position. Do they feel tight like they’re binding? A lot of time weak flippers is from a mechanical binding, which will require you to make a small but easy adjustment.

Thanks for the tip, seems normal in relation to other machines. I checked the stop coils, nothing is loose or pancaked. I do have service alerts 11 and 12, right and left flipper eos. Looking into those now

#7133 2 years ago

Hello All -

I just caught up with this thread. I was a few pages behind.

I just want to say that I believe you all are great. The CLUB threads in general are reasonably safe places. Its great to see you all help each other with all your questions, issues, troubles, and champion stories.

I think I agree with large swathes of the reviews and critiques. I am particularly interested in the ideas about improving the ENCOUNTERS. The whole BONUS LEVEL idea was my idea and a bit against what Brian wanted to do. So if you are frustrated please blame me.

I think I will think about allowing level 2 and 3 to start immediately when you complete 1 and 2. Bonus level would only start after level 3 is complete. Then increasing even more the value of the bonus level after level 3. I also think this only makes sense on the PRO. Maybe.

Laters -
- Dwight

PS - I probably will not respond to responses to this. Sorry.

#7134 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

think I agree with large swathes of the reviews and critiques. I am particularly interested in the ideas about improving the ENCOUNTERS. The whole BONUS LEVEL idea was my idea and a bit against what Brian wanted to do. So if you are frustrated please blame me.

I would consider payoff for finishing a level and surviving the ability to adv right away. Change bonus level to be a timed hurry up after you drain out of the mini after completing a level.

So if i finish a level… and stay alive… keep playing and adv.

When i drain… start a 5-8 second timer and if i get back to encounter its a boosted scoring bonus… boosted more based on how many levels i just finished.

If i miss the timer… no bonus level. You have to make the bonus level valuable here to make it worth it… and you can reward ‘streaks’ here too

This way bonus level is sbout bonus scoring - not progress hindering

#7135 2 years ago

Working on Slave 1 for all models, I figured the price version will go into the back and the Premium/LE (the wings and cannons will be adjusted to horizontal fight on the premium) can be behind the Razor Crest. This model is in very early development, with more detailing and leds in the cannons and engine's

20210827_232810 (resized).jpg20210827_232810 (resized).jpg20210827_232957 (resized).jpg20210827_232957 (resized).jpg
#7136 2 years ago

Just 1 bonus level after you complete all 3 levels of encounters. Let the next phase of the encounter start immediately after completing. If you are really good you could finish all 3 stages on 1 trip up to the playfield.

#7137 2 years ago

Also, don't count accuracy on the bonus level. It's a victory mode, it should be fun!

#7138 2 years ago

Yeah, i think encounters needs to be tweaked... especially on the pro.
Make it more valuable, easier to complete, or maybe a 2 ball multiball at the end of each encounter with the ability to add a ball if you get back up there and hit some shots. Also, the skill shot plunge to the helmet should count towards your encounter progress. Im not sure why that isnt a thing, but would make sense, and make encounters more fun since there would be 2 ways to progress through them.
Ive made mine easier by removing the plastic wall at the entrance to the helmet so the ball flows faster to the flipper, and also turned down the flipper power up there... this helped, but still seems like a trudge to complete encounter levels.

#7139 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Working on Slave 1 for all models

I think yours may be a little too big. It definitely will not fit on Premium/LE because of the tight gap between upper and back of machine. I was unable to have my Slave 1 in the upright position and had to flip it to make it fit. The larger one also covers up the fighters and I wanted to keep it as close to backdrop scene as possible with smaller Hotwheel version.

GEDC6715 (resized).JPGGEDC6715 (resized).JPG
#7140 2 years ago

Added Slave 1 and redid the LED back lights. The green makes Grogu pop and then I did blue to represent space and an orange to highlight the Slave 1. Also changed out my coin door bulbs for a different look.

GEDC6720 (resized).JPGGEDC6720 (resized).JPGGEDC6726 (resized).JPGGEDC6726 (resized).JPGGEDC6727 (resized).JPGGEDC6727 (resized).JPGGEDC6739 (resized).JPGGEDC6739 (resized).JPGGEDC6742 (resized).JPGGEDC6742 (resized).JPG
#7141 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I think yours may be a little too big. It definitely will not fit on Premium/LE because of the tight gap between upper and back of machine. I was unable to have my Slave 1 in the upright position and had to flip it to make it fit. The larger one also covers up the fighters and I wanted to keep it as close to backdrop scene as possible with smaller Hotwheel version.
[quoted image]

On the Le I planned on putting behind the Razor Crest..... I really wanted to put it over the plastic on the left side where it says bounty hunter..... but I'd need to scale it down... this would probably be the easiest thing to do but I don't want to lose detail and the capability to install Leds in it

#7142 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

but I'd need to scale it down

I would like one slightly smaller than Hotwheel version so it really matches back art and fits in upright position. It was close but I did not want the upper coming in contact with the mod.

#7143 2 years ago

Also getting closer to getting Mando really dialed in. I messed around with options and sounds last night and found some good stuff. The best thing I discovered is the alternate theme song. A lot more horns and bass-and does not seem as repetitive?(Really sounds awesome!) Then I changed my music attenuation to 10 and speech to 3. Changed encounters to start at 3, changed some missions to easy, turned off theme and it is really sounding great now. My settings: Fade -6, Equalizers all towards higher levels, 8 OHM, master volume:38, and then change theme music to alternative-Holy smokes does it sound good!

Edit* Forgot 5 ball-do not be too proud to put this machine on 5 ball with extra balls-you will need them.

#7144 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Hello All -
I just caught up with this thread. I was a few pages behind.
I just want to say that I believe you all are great. The CLUB threads in general are reasonably safe places. Its great to see you all help each other with all your questions, issues, troubles, and champion stories.
I think I agree with large swathes of the reviews and critiques. I am particularly interested in the ideas about improving the ENCOUNTERS. The whole BONUS LEVEL idea was my idea and a bit against what Brian wanted to do. So if you are frustrated please blame me.
I think I will think about allowing level 2 and 3 to start immediately when you complete 1 and 2. Bonus level would only start after level 3 is complete. Then increasing even more the value of the bonus level after level 3. I also think this only makes sense on the PRO. Maybe.
Laters -
- Dwight
PS - I probably will not respond to responses to this. Sorry.

Would be cool to have something in there to put the player out of their misery if they keep having empty trips up there. Like, lose the encounter if you have a couple trips of no targets hit. Then obviously if you are doing horribly in all of them the scoring in the wizard mode is greatly reduced.

Not a very exciting idea, but may help to reduce the wood choppy feel.

But definitely reward the player for accuracy and efficiency in the moment and with wizard mode scoring boosts based on your play in the encounters.

#7145 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Also getting closer to getting Mando really dialed in. I messed around with options and sounds last night and found some good stuff. The best thing I discovered is the alternate theme song. A lot more horns and bass-and does not seem as repetitive?(Really sounds awesome!) Then I changed my music attenuation to 10 and speech to 3. Changed encounters to start at 3, changed some missions to easy, turned off theme and it is really sounding great now. My settings: Fade -6, Equalizers all towards higher levels, 8 OHM, master volume:38, and then change theme music to alternative-Holy smokes does it sound good!

Cool thanks for the tips. Will make some adjustments today. I need to add foam to the upper ramp diverter to stop balls from rebounding back down the ramp too. That’s annoying.

#7146 2 years ago

I was having issues with my upper post in orbit not working properly? It would not even fire in coil cycle test. Well after lifting up the hood I found the bracket was all bent and the shaft was not aligned. I had to bend it back into position and test for optimal fit and find least resistance for movement. Working good now

#7147 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Yeah, i think encounters needs to be tweaked... especially on the . Also, the skill shot plunge to the helmet should count towards your encounter progress. Im not sure why that isnt a thing.

It does if you have an encounter going. Even though the lights are all purple the encounter shots still count and you can complete it.

#7148 2 years ago

Mando truly is a world under-glass(this game is growing on me)

GEDC6724 (resized).JPGGEDC6724 (resized).JPG
#7149 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

It does if you have an encounter going. Even though the lights are all purple the encounter shots still count and you can complete it.

Yes it does... just tested it.
Maybe when the team could change the purple lights on the plunge to show the yellow encounter shots instead...

#7150 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The best thing I discovered is the alternate theme song.

Where can I change to alternate theme? I can't seem to find it in settings.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 19.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

9,900 (Firm)
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/143?hl=jerickso77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.