(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,620 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by brzezicki
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg
5.42 Mandalorian Manual (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 153.
#7051 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I wish somebody would do a definitive 'how to fix or correct' the few issues for EACH models, e.g. for LE versus Premium and Pro. With pics and instructions.

"If only there was a way to key post each of the fixes within an owners thread" feature .. or something ;p

Unfortunetly not many exist yet and needs more added : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/23?kp=1&kp_sort=keypost_summary#index

These double threads with fix info split across both is particularly annoying.

#7052 2 years ago

I have a pro and after I plunge the ball, the game goes into encounter mode and turns off all the other lights on the playfield - as if it was in encounter mode. Does anyone have any ideas of where I should start to troubleshoot? Seems like all the switches are fine - everything seems to be plugged in under the playfield. Thoughts?

#7053 2 years ago

When I launch the ball, not a full draw back, for a sneaky skill shot as an example, it will launch get to where the right orbit and chute meet and it will rattle around die out and drop down. Does it about 75% of the time. Full power or action button launch it will be flawless. I’ve gotten down and watched it, and don’t see a reason for it. Shooting rod is nice and straight. Idk if it’s putting some English on the ball and making it bounce around or what.
Is anyone else having this issue?

#7054 2 years ago
Quoted from Hangry:

When I launch the ball, not a full draw back, for a sneaky skill shot as an example, it will launch get to where the right orbit and chute meet and it will rattle around die out and drop down. Does it about 75% of the time. Full power or action button launch it will be flawless. I’ve gotten down and watched it, and don’t see a reason for it. Shooting rod is nice and straight. Idk if it’s putting some English on the ball and making it bounce around or what.
Is anyone else having this issue?

Adjust your shooter rod.
Make sure it hits ball square on center.
Auto plunge is Separate unit

#7055 2 years ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

I have a pro and after I plunge the ball, the game goes into encounter mode and turns off all the other lights on the playfield - as if it was in encounter mode. Does anyone have any ideas of where I should start to troubleshoot? Seems like all the switches are fine - everything seems to be plugged in under the playfield. Thoughts?

Sounds to me like the switch or sensor to start encounter is registering. I’d go into switch test to test it out.

#7056 2 years ago

My left ramp broke right at the protector. Requested a new one from the distributor. Seems to be a known problem but here’s pics anyway.

6D18150E-28A2-46F3-8298-118BBC354876 (resized).jpeg6D18150E-28A2-46F3-8298-118BBC354876 (resized).jpegF52EA2C5-C2CB-4BE3-9B8C-9F6A2F1ACB22 (resized).jpegF52EA2C5-C2CB-4BE3-9B8C-9F6A2F1ACB22 (resized).jpegF6DD26EA-E19C-4B28-9491-9C0BB9086011 (resized).jpegF6DD26EA-E19C-4B28-9491-9C0BB9086011 (resized).jpeg
#7057 2 years ago
Quoted from Tiki-Ed:

My left ramp broke right at the protector. Requested a new one from the distributor. Seems to be a known problem but here’s pics anyway.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's a bummer.. it looks from the pictures like your protector was mounted pretty flush against the plastic ramp, which a bunch of people have pointed out as being the "correct" mounting to avoid this particular issue. That is, no gap between the metal and the plastic that could torque the mounting screw and snap the plastic ramp flange...

I wonder if we'll see an improved design on future runs if this continues to be so common? Surely it's cheaper for them to fix on the line than to send out so many replacement ramps...

#7058 2 years ago
Quoted from Tiki-Ed:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Same thing happened to me. I emailed Stern (per my distributor) a few days ago but haven't heard back.

image_67216129 (resized).JPGimage_67216129 (resized).JPGimage_67517953 (resized).JPGimage_67517953 (resized).JPG
#7059 2 years ago

Any1 have an issie with their right orbit not registering shots some times?

#7060 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I just unscrewed the plastic and put a strip of foam under it. Raised it up enough that the ball doesn't hit it.

What type/thickness of foam? I see mines doing that as well and I think sometimes blocks orbits if the ball has any bounce to it.

#7061 2 years ago
Quoted from douglasHicks:

Same thing happened to me. I emailed Stern (per my distributor) a few days ago but haven't heard back.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Greef isn't amused at all with that ramp damage. A comment about The Mandalorian callouts as well. From the Greef Karga wikipedia page:

"Upon first reading the part, Weathers said Greef Karga reminded him of film director, screenwriter, and actor John Huston, particularly his performance in the film Chinatown (1974). He felt there was a theatricality and "larger than life" quality to the character, and he deliberately performed some of his lines in a showy and melodramatic way as a result."

So I don't think the callouts are intended as "shouted" but more as he stated as "showy and melodramatic" and commanding.

#7062 2 years ago

For people with broken ramps, has stern been replacing them all? How long does it take? Are replacement ramps/protectors any different?

#7063 2 years ago
Quoted from douglasHicks:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Metal protectors screwed to a plastic ramp is more than a design flaw, simply makes no sense. Heavy metal balls hitting metal and transfering to plastic, what can possibly go wrong?

Even with a post in place, there's bound to be cracks, for example my Tron ramps are pretty messed up. Maybe time for manufacturers to mostly go to wireforms and only consider transparent/plastic ramps in areas where the ball will only get to travel, and not hit stuff!

#7064 2 years ago

I think the protector should’ve been longer so that the ball would hit in between the two attachment points instead of directly on that one screw.

#7065 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Metal protectors screwed to a plastic ramp is more than a design flaw, simply makes no sense. Heavy metal balls hitting metal and transfering to plastic, what can possibly go wrong?
Even with a post in place, there's bound to be cracks, for example my Tron ramps are pretty messed up. Maybe time for manufacturers to mostly go to wireforms and only consider transparent/plastic ramps in areas where the ball will only get to travel, and not hit stuff!

MMR ramps are the same I've had no cracking. The ramp protectors are factory installed on MMR. Might be a combination of thinner plastic on the Mando ramp flange and the steepness of the ramp taking more direct ball strikes?

#7066 2 years ago

Perhaps that top screw should be removed and just put a thin strip of velcro between the protector and the ramp to keep it in place.

#7067 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Perhaps that top screw should be removed and just put a thin strip of velcro between the protector and the ramp to keep it in place.

I was gonna suggest a zip tie. That is the way Cliffy's old Tron pro ramp protector attached, IIRC. It would give a little wiggle room for the thing, so a direct shot doesn't snap it. Ultimately, it needs a redesign and I imagine, Stern will get this corrected in later runs and probably send out an update kit to owners.

#7068 2 years ago
Quoted from sirocket:

Mine supposedly shipped last Thursday. Still haven't seen or heard anything. Paid in full mid May.
The gameroom guys example of a july purchase and august delivery, coming before others earlier in line, shows what's wrong with this industry

A distributor is already contracted to buy a fixed amount of each new title on release (including how many LE's they get). Its the size of the distributor and how many games they allot for each new title. The market is just crazy right now but these same distributors would have also been stuck sitting on WWE, Beatles and other hard sales. At least you have a choice of distributors. In Canada there are two. One for out West and one for the rest of Canada. You cant get a NIB LE up here unless you've been buying every one for the last decade already.

#7069 2 years ago

I saw the other posts and went to check mine out and sure enough, it's broken as well. Waiting to here back from distributor.

IMG_3054 (resized).JPGIMG_3054 (resized).JPG
#7070 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I saw the other posts and went to check mine out and sure enough, it's broken as well. Waiting to here back from distributor.
[quoted image]

Fuck man. Hoping I don't get mine for several months and this has been addressed by then.

#7071 2 years ago

What about using a plastic rivet (like on Gottlieb system 3 pins) in liue of the screw on the ramp? Would that work?

#7072 2 years ago

Finally got the playfield protector installed on my Mando LE. Please don't downvote if you hate playfield protectors, it's a ton of work on the LE to do this. If anyone needs help in the future PM me I can give you my experienced tidbits. It was pretty interesting so far, as others have said there's a missing sleeve on a post behind Grogu and there's a sleeve on a post behind the Ambush scoop on the side of the ball guide that never sees ball play. I will put a sleeve on the Grogu one and I have removed the other sleeve. The playfield protector takes away the need for any other protectors on the playfield except the shooter lane ball eject, which Cliffy has for sale.
PP Overall Final Look markup (resized).jpgPP Overall Final Look markup (resized).jpg

#7073 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Finally got the playfield protector installed on my Mando LE. Please don't downvote if you hate playfield protectors, it's a ton of work on the LE to do this. If anyone needs help in the future PM me I can give you my experienced tidbits. It was pretty interesting so far, as others have said there's a missing sleeve on a post behind Grogu and there's a sleeve on a post behind the Ambush scoop on the side of the ball guide that never sees ball play. I will put a sleeve on the Grogu one and I have removed the other sleeve. The playfield protector takes away the need for any other protectors on the playfield except the shooter lane ball eject, which Cliffy has for sale.
[quoted image]

Good job bravo

#7074 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Please don't downvote if you hate playfield protectors.

What if I also hate rainbow rings?

I tease. I tease.

#7075 2 years ago

More 3m, glad I read this thread lately, my ramp is fortunately fine so I'm bridging that gap between ramp and guard with this, hopefully that will disperse the stress through the ramp and off the screw

IMG_20210821_074520682 (resized).jpgIMG_20210821_074520682 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7076 2 years ago

Clearly Stern has an issue on their hands

20210821_114548 (resized).jpg20210821_114548 (resized).jpg
#7077 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Clearly Stern has an issue on their hands
[quoted image]

That sucks, how many plays?

#7078 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

That sucks, how many plays?

100 tops

#7079 2 years ago

damn…

#7080 2 years ago

Ugh...I really wanted to wait on this pin but the with the looming price increase I paid in full. Hope this shit is fixed by the time I get mine.

#7081 2 years ago

Found this sticker loose in my Pro cabinet. Anyone know where it's supposed to be?

20210822_094730 (resized).jpg20210822_094730 (resized).jpg
#7082 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Found this sticker loose in my Pro cabinet. Anyone know where it's supposed to be?
[quoted image]

look for plastics in the manuel, n° 02...

#7083 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

look for plastics in the manuel, n° 02...

Found the place on the playfield!

Screenshot_20210822-105917_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210822-105917_Google (resized).jpg
#7084 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Ugh...I really wanted to wait on this pin but the with the looming price increase I paid in full. Hope this shit is fixed by the time I get mine.

Sucks for owners and Stern alike, hopefully they'll learn from this. I doubt they would have paused production and wait for the designing team to come up with a replacement. But they'll send a part/solution over to fix this for sure. I'm liking the temporary solution of replacing the screws with a small transparent zip tie..

#7085 2 years ago

So this is a weird one, but I just went through the process of trying to get my shaker motor to stop rattling like a jackhammer (a completely separate issue) and now whenever a new ball is launched and I'm specifically NOT going for a super skill shot it makes an audible beeping sound for about 2-3 seconds. There's a very slim chance I just never noticed it, but that would surprise me cause now it's all I hear when a new ball gets launched.

Confirmed that it's not the speakers as even when the volumes off I still hear it.

Happens regardless of a new ball launch, ball save, extra ball, etc.

Definitely doesn't happen when I hold the left flipper and the top up post stays down.

Anyone else hearing something similar or am I crazy? Is there a way to troubleshoot it or get it to stop? Because it's trivial and doesn't take away from the game but I hate it haha.

Thanks!

#7086 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I'm liking the temporary solution of replacing the screws with a small transparent zip tie..

Wouldn’t a rubber washer help absorb the shock?

Thought about putting them on TMNT.

#7087 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I'm liking the temporary solution of replacing the screws with a small transparent zip tie..

Anyone have a picture of this?

#7088 2 years ago

One of my friend just enlarged a little bit the hole in the metal and so far so good since. This modification avoid the metal braket to transfer all the pressure on the screw (and so around the plastic hole).

#7089 2 years ago

Looking for a Slave 1 Hotwheel toy, and I do not want to spend $50 for a $5 toy. Anyone know where I can find one for cheap?

#7090 2 years ago

Throwing this out there never hurts to ask I'm in the market for a Premium if anyone wants to move theirs out. I'm in Louisville KY. V/R Shawn.

#7091 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Looking for a Slave 1 Hotwheel toy, and I do not want to spend $50 for a $5 toy. Anyone know where I can find one for cheap?

ebay.com link: itm

#7092 2 years ago

GRG just said Stern says my 8/25 ship date is looking more like November

#7093 2 years ago
Quoted from linearchaos:

GRG just said Stern says my 8/25 ship date is looking more like November

Yikes! When did you place your order with them?

#7094 2 years ago

Does anyone know of any distros with Mando Pro in stock?

#7095 2 years ago

Try zach at flipnout

#7096 2 years ago

Call around soon -looks like stern is set to bump prices.

#7097 2 years ago

Found a distro with 1 NIB Mando Pro left from last run! In before the price increase BOOM!

#7098 2 years ago

Found a distro with 1 NIB Mando Pro left from last run! In before the price increase BOOM!

That depends on what you paid.

#7099 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That depends on what you paid.

Haha...I'll admit it wasn't necessarily a smoking deal but the price started with a 5...good enough.

#7100 2 years ago

Haha...I'll admit it wasn't necessarily a smoking deal but the price started with a 5...good enough.

you (from USA) are lucky guys...
full of sarcasm of course, as here (west europe), next container should have PRO starting with a 7...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Port Charlotte, FL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/142?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.