(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 153.
#6951 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Added some mods.
Baby Yoda mod finally working. (He sleeping when game is not in play). Will add video on Tuesday and more info on making these for sale to everyone.
Fun pin![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking forward to it. I wonder if I already have the baby yoda doll that I could simply mod or buy your mods for it?

#6952 2 years ago

Anyone knows, what this switch is for? Doesn`t make sense to me.

#6953 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Looking forward to it. I wonder if I already have the baby yoda doll that I could simply mod or buy your mods for it?

I am wondering the same thing. Have the animatronic child already. Was supposed to be for my granddaughter for Christmas but one tap on the head and I realized I'm keeping it.

#6954 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I am wondering the same thing. Have the animatronic child already. Was supposed to be for my granddaughter for Christmas but one tap on the head and I realized I'm keeping it.

When I bought it way back when it was like $70 I think - can't imagine it making much sense for him to sell the doll as well, just the kit and instructions on how to install.

Also, there is a new grogu animatronic doll the same size coming out this December - does the force hand, lifts up a soup cup to his mouth, and also has a macaroon to eat as well. I pre-ordered it for my wife - I bet your granddaughter would love to have that one.

#6955 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

This is definitely the way! Thanks Doug!
[quoted image]

I like it! What thickness you went with and how many feet did you need?

#6956 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

This is definitely the way! Thanks Doug!
[quoted image]

I started stocking the bronze surrounds for the Mando LE folks that wanted to keep the default black look around the speakers. The advantage over the black there is the bronze allows light to shine through it where as the black does not. However, with all of the silver mirrored edge lines on the LE backglass artwork I think the silver mirrored surrounds are the way to go. If you switch to the chrome t-molding...it's a real no-brainer.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#6957 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I’ve been saying this as well. I think just removing the “victory laps” bonus and going to the next level would help. I’m not sure what else I want because I enjoy the upper but would like a little less.

We've had our LE for about a month and my wife and I play a few games per day. I really want to love this game but the upper PF is killing it for me. I simply am terrible at keeping the ball up there before the ball drains. I've tried different techniques but I still suck, lol. I've tried holding the flippers "up" and lightly passing the ball back and forth while trying to hit the targets which is mildly successful. I really enjoy the art, animations, call outs and visuals to the game but that upper PF is so disappointing, for me. It's actually soured me to where I am thinking of swapping the game out for another title since I am getting short on space. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make the upper PF less frustrating? Is it simply practice, practice, practice?

#6958 2 years ago
Quoted from ShrimpPimp:

We've had our LE for about a month and my wife and I play a few games per day. I really want to love this game but the upper PF is killing it for me. I simply am terrible at keeping the ball up there before the ball drains. I've tried different techniques but I still suck, lol. I've tried holding the flippers "up" and lightly passing the ball back and forth while trying to hit the targets which is mildly successful. I really enjoy the art, animations, call outs and visuals to the game but that upper PF is so disappointing, for me. It's actually soured me to where I am thinking of swapping the game out for another title since I am getting short on space. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make the upper PF less frustrating? Is it simply practice, practice, practice?

Lower the flipperpower of the upper playfield in the settings.

#6959 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Lower the flipperpower of the upper playfield in the settings.

meh, cheater

I actually love the upper play fields frantic uncontrollable frenzy. Gets the ol heart a-pumpin!

#6960 2 years ago
Quoted from ShrimpPimp:

Anyone have any suggestions on how to make the upper PF less frustrating?

Nope. My solution is to enjoy modes & multiballs, and ignore the upper playfield. Easy to say since I don't own one.

#6961 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:Lower the flipperpower of the upper playfield in the settings.

This is what worked for me, although I have the pro not the LE. With the flippers at full power you have a hundredth of a second to react to the ball bouncing off those targets. With the flipper strength reduced you have a tenth of a second,which actually is a lot more manageable. Definitely give it a shot.

#6962 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

This is what worked for me, although I have the pro not the LE. With the flippers at full power you have a hundredth of a second to react to the ball bouncing off those targets. With the flipper strength reduced you have a tenth of a second,which actually is a lot more manageable. Definitely give it a shot.

Care to share what upper flipper power setting you decided on? Thanks!

#6963 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

I like it! What thickness you went with and how many feet did you need?

I went with the chrome 3/4" from t-moulding.com - I did the standard 20 feet but that's way more than you need.

Take the black moulding off your game lay it flat (I taped mine down end to end) along side with the new moulding next to it and cut the exact length. You will need to go through and cut in the grooves at an angle so they will fit around the edges. I used an exacto knife/box cutter and just matched where the cuts were on the stock moulding. Installation should be a breeze, you might want to use a rubber mallet to tap it in as well.

https://www.t-molding.com/3-4in-chrome-t-molding.html#36

#6964 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

I went with the chrome 3/4" from t-moulding.com - I did the standard 20 feet but that's way more than you need.
Take the black moulding off your game lay it flat (I taped mine down end to end) along side with the new moulding next to it and cut the exact length. You will need to go through and cut in the grooves at an angle so they will fit around the edges. I used an exacto knife/box cutter and just matched where the cuts were on the stock moulding. Installation should be a breeze, you might want to use a rubber mallet to tap it in as well.
https://www.t-molding.com/3-4in-chrome-t-molding.html#36

I'm curious how this fits. On previous games 3/4" was slightly too wide and 11/16" was a close match:

https://www.t-molding.com/11-16in-chrome-t-molding.html

#6965 2 years ago

The only thing Im Not liking about it is the orbits are super duper Houdini tight

#6966 2 years ago

Regarding upper playfield.
I spent about 20 games focusing on the upper playfield. I can now make it to the third set almost every game. Dont mess with the flipper power. Just practice playing up there. Its actually easy for me to hit the targets accurately until the playfield is at its max pitch now. That left most target causes me some grief.
I love playing the encounters and shocking people by the scores you can get up there.
I try to have the first set of encounters done before I start my first mode or mb.

20210811_144955 (resized).jpg20210811_144955 (resized).jpg

#6967 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

The only thing Im Not liking about it is the orbits are super duper Houdini tight

I think the flippers being sorta aligned for mid playfield shots and not drooping more makes them tougher shots.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I spent about 20 games focusing on the upper playfield. I can now make it to the third set almost every game. Dont mess with the flipper power. Just practice playing up there. Its actually easy for me to hit the targets accurately until the playfield is at its max pitch now. That left most target causes me some grief.
I love playing the encounters and shocking people by the scores you can get up there.
I try to have the first set of encounters done before I start my first mode or mb.
[quoted image]

100% agree. I love the mini and the challenge to make it to the mini wizard which I've only gotten to one time so far.

#6968 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

[quoted image]

Thats a crazy score, and i thought multipliers are unbalanced

Whats your guys Grand Champion right now? I just got 1 Billion, not playing for points and I feel like it could be much more

#6969 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

I get a lot of rejects from the left orbit (besides the right orbit post bounceback). I wonder if the spinner is too close to the entrance of the orbit and kinda knocks it off balance? Annoying...

#6970 2 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Thats a crazy score, and i thought multipliers are unbalanced
Whats your guys Grand Champion right now? I just got 1 Billion, not playing for points and I feel like it could be much more

That was my Encounter score after playimg the mini wizard mode. I havent learned the rules for multipliers or hunter etc. Just focusing on the rules for the playfield objectives for now. I prefer progress over points.

#6971 2 years ago

Also im loving the add a ball option. Its hella useful. Combine it with armour and its ridiculous. I slap the lockdown button when im about to drain a mb down to one then boom, 3 balls are back in play with a ball save timer going all over again.

If played right I can get an add a ball for all 3 razorcrest mb. It is also available to use in mini wizard mbs but i imagine that may get removed?
Also, also...how fun is it have multiple balls all up in the upper playfield at once? Freaking crazy.

#6972 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

amazon.com link »
Pricey but it works really well. Though beer seal foam, lockdown bar rubber will work just fine too I suppose.

What did you glue it with?

#6973 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

What did you glue it with?

I used a 3M VHB adhesive square on the back. Probably 400 plays with it and no issue.

#6974 2 years ago
Quoted from ShrimpPimp:

Care to share what upper flipper power setting you decided on? Thanks!

Again ,this is just what works for me. I put the setting on the lowest possible , it's not like you need the flipper strength to send the ball across the entire playfield. Kudos to the guys that can make it work on full power though!

#6975 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

[quoted image]

Maybe add a post to it?

#6976 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

Maybe add a post to it?

I dont follow.

#6977 2 years ago

A metal post with a rubber. Right between the flippers. Although it was a joke. I seem to recall seeing machines with this at some point but not finding any off hand.

#6978 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

A metal post with a rubber. Right between the flippers. Although it was a joke. I seem to recall seeing machines with this at some point but not finding any off hand.

Maybe youve misread my post but i dont have a problem with the upper playfield. Getting 643k as an encounters score seemed pretty solid to me.

#6979 2 years ago

After playing two different Pro's and an LE extensively I feel entitled to some ranting and reviewing of this game.

- Use of TV show assets is A+.
- Audio package is at David Thiel level.
- Randy's art is stellar, whoever placed the inserts and graphics on top of it should go back to elementary school.
- Pro plastic ramps is the only negative thing I have to say in comparison to the LE.
- The magnet, drop down scoop and the rotating upper PF is NOT worth the extra money (0.97) unless the wireforms completely upsets you (it upsets me).
- Encounter modes (upper PF) are way too boring.
- Upper flippers shouldn't flip when there's no ball there, what is this, the 1970's? (I'm swearing at you too WOZ)
- The Razorcrest upside down swing target is quite cool for how simple it is. I wish it registered balls rolling through downwards (you need a million Razorcrest shots to get anywhere).
- Code 0.96 was about shooting center ramp all day, 0.97 was all about shooting center ramp all day and all night.
- Making the center shot clean, flings the ball into the left flasher plastic making you think there's a bracket missing.
- The "skillshot" up post is quite lame and make the ball stutter and dribble, a JM style diverter would've been better.
- The right ramp and down scoop shots are way tight and way too important for the game progression and leave you disappointed (tilt or drain on bricked shots).
- Too many timers on stacked modes and multipliers, information overload, knowing what is the most lucrative mode/shot RIGHT NOW is hard and cause my pea brain to freeze when there's too much lit, stacked and timed (this is not really critique of the game, more my lack of skills).
- Building Beskar should be made slightly easier. Making a few shots before your first mission + MB should be fairly safe (it's not on my game ATM lol).
- Beskar is like crack, you want it all, all the time.
- Flame thrower should be stackable, give me another one for 3X!
- If I have 1000 Beskar, I want to shop whatever I want. Not just combo certain adjacent rewards (I'm looking at you "start mission" and "light razorcrest").
- Making progression to mission start should be either ramp at any time, whatever is comfortable, the game is hard as it is. Having the scoop spot ramps for the first two missions is a nice touch.
- Hitting hunter targets during hunter, should somehow help hunter (think C-L-U during CLU on Tron).
- Hunter is stressful as it is and more shots should make progress to Hunter, just one more, it could be roving, but give us more to capture the crook.
- Somehow the foundry is shut during Hunter, that is annoying AF.
- The spaghetti western sound effect when you complete Hunter is the best in pinball (think The Good, The Bad and The Ugly).
- Super skill shot is cool, hard work and fair, but the rewards are F'd up. Why do I want to START my MB on completion without a mission and vice versa? Light it up, please, don't start it.
- Lighting "Heal" should be doable besides buying it at the foundry (two lit CHILDs?).
- Upper PF is way too buggy at the moment, I end up with the ball up there sometimes and NOTHING is lit or activated. At the same time I can drain from there and the game still thinks I'm up there, with every other insert blacked out making it difficult to progress due to that fact.
- Not having a switch or opto when the ball exits the D in CHILD was a novel idea. Please never go there again next time Gary asks you to be cost conscious.
- The design flaw with the left ramp entry is just too revealing that the QA cycle at Stern is non-existent (along with the Grogu flasher and left ramp diverter).
- The game is tough, which is good, if you want to have a good game you have to line up your multipliers and make your shots. No podium for losers.
- The timing is way off on the up post at the upper PF exit, it sometimes flinge the ball to get stuck and wedged (I have pictures).
- This bullet intentionally left blank for future edits.

I made a bullet list to make it easy for folks to criticize my opinions, which we love on pinside!

#6980 2 years ago

I also prefer progress over points. This game is a journey game and I want to advance in the journey and I do not pay attention to scores(This is the way). That being said I have altered my approach to advance further. I now am focusing mainly on advancing encounters over missions and multi-balls. Using the foundry options of starting a mission or advancing encounter has helped(think starting mission on STTNG) me advance further. I also am getting better trying to control the upper. I have found more luck letting the ball reach near the end of left flipper then flipping and getting more cycles. The far left target I can only hit from right flipper-again at very end of flipper. I also wanted to mention that Mandalorian has been extremely popular amongst guest in my home and people are really digging it.

One thing that is annoying me is the rattle in the glass. The strongest shaker in any Stern is going to have glass that really rattles. I also have noticed the factory balls are already tarnishing bad and do not look good. I am going to order some anti-rattle tape and some Silver Jets(yes I know about magnetism-non issue for me) for my Mando.

#6981 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Added some mods.
Baby Yoda mod finally working.Will add video on Tuesday and more info on making these for sale to everyone.

It's Thursday

#6982 2 years ago

He posted some videos on Facebook pinball enthusiast group yesterday. He showed it working and said he was going to post another video soon. Mod of the year coming along

#6983 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

One thing that is annoying me is the rattle in the glass.

Yep, anti-rattle tape is a must. The side rails (LE) and other parts in the cab rattle really bad. I did play around with the EQ (along with the anti-rattle tape) to remove most of the vibration.

#6984 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Yep, anti-rattle tape is a must. The side rails (LE) and other parts in the cab rattle really bad. I did play around with the EQ (along with the anti-rattle tape) to remove most of the vibration.

I used this:

https://pinballpro.net/shop/anti-rattle-tape-ar-1/

#6985 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Maybe youve misread my post but i dont have a problem with the upper playfield. Getting 643k as an encounters score seemed pretty solid to me.

Did you actually get tgat in your total? There is a bug in how it counts encounter champion score btw. It’s possible for thst leaderboard to be higher than your actual game score

#6986 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

- Not having a switch or opto when the ball exits the D in CHILD was a novel idea. Please never go there again next time Gary asks you to be cost conscious.

Interesting comment. Not sure exactly what you mean though. In your opinion, is it a good feature or bad feature?

#6987 2 years ago

Interesting comment. Not sure exactly what you mean though. In your opinion, is it a good feature or bad feature

I think it's a clever idea but it doesn't work very well in practice. You have switches for C-H-I-L and any other switch on the PF qualifies D. This is fine in single ball play such as the skillshot when the game knows the ball passed the CHILD opto. During multiball you'll never get D or if the ball rolls upwards in "L" for example and dribbles out in "D". In essence, you'll get robbed of your "D"'s most of the time since there's no dedicated switch.

#6988 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I'm curious how this fits. On previous games 3/4" was slightly too wide and 11/16" was a close match:
https://www.t-molding.com/11-16in-chrome-t-molding.html

I think it fits pretty well actually. I've been using the 3/4" moulding on most of my sterns.

#6989 2 years ago

Fall plans / Delta variant
Deltalorian.pngDeltalorian.png

#6990 2 years ago

Does anyone know if Premiums are back on the line or starting up again soon?

#6991 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Did you actually get tgat in your total? There is a bug in how it counts encounter champion score btw. It’s possible for thst leaderboard to be higher than your actual game score

I didnt know that but it should be about right still. This was my 3 mini wizards games. Drained out before i could start the wizard mode. Best game ive put up.

#6992 2 years ago

Well that's a new one ‍♂️

IMG_20210812_115227 (resized).jpgIMG_20210812_115227 (resized).jpg
#6993 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

[quoted image]

Somehow the machine is set for 50 kHz instead of 60 kHz power would be my guess.

#6994 2 years ago

Somehow the machine is set for 50 kHz instead of 60 kHz power would be my guess.

We are on generator power from storms..I'm guessing it's sensing voltage flucuations

#6995 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

[quoted image]

Try reseating the connections in the backbox if you haven't already. Do you have it plugged into a surge protector ?

#6996 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

[quoted image]

Assuming it's still doing it, they may have accidentally supplied you an export version. Could be time for a board swap to 60Hz Domestic version if so. One time where I would actually follow the directive and contact the distrib.

#6997 2 years ago

For those of you that think the upper PF is garbage on the pro like me, getting BS flipper tip hits or no hits at all and shit and no control- and don't want to add a carrot flipper or bend stuff, try taking this guard off the right side, it's super easy, two Phillips 1 screws. Now the ball RELIABLY bounces nice and slow to the heel of the flipper and you can cradle and play SKILLfull pinball

IMG_20210813_192053071 (resized).jpgIMG_20210813_192053071 (resized).jpg
#6998 2 years ago

With 2 playfield multipliers lit I hit a Razorcrest hurry up for $340M. Is that a bug? I don't know the rules of how that hurry up works but seems insanely high.

#6999 2 years ago

#7000 2 years ago

Any topper news?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 19.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

8,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/140?hl=jerickso77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.