(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,620 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by brzezicki
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg
5.42 Mandalorian Manual (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 153.
#6901 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I’ve been saying this as well. I think just removing the “victory laps” bonus and going to the next level would help. I’m not sure what else I want because I enjoy the upper but would like a little less.

That sounds like a very nice solution!
And an instant diverter ball release when pushing both buttons please!

#6902 2 years ago

sorry doublepost

flynnibus
Accept, hope for a change or sell the game.
Short plunges on the pro do not progress encounters, its just points so i avoid that as much as possible.
Wasn't that your name I heard on someones podcast? Can't remember...

#6903 2 years ago

Question for Shadow owners or guys that know the rules on that machine. Does the upper playfield have modes? Is it easy to master that playfield or does it take some time to get use to how it plays. Im just wondering out loud and havent gotten to play Shadow more then once but I would love to own one someday. Im thinking Eddy put the mini on Mando to sorta have alittle of the Shadows good points along with the diverter.

Just not sure I get the issue with Encounters? I can personally get through them but I also can hit the left ramp after leaving the upper mini pretty easy to start the encounters again which helps alot. Also the bonus stages I personally like, i just try to get the highest accuracy possible and collect millions of points until it times out. With no bonus stage if the game went to the next encounter level you wouldnt see the sweet scenes between encounters when the ball is resting on the up post.

#6904 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Question for Shadow owners or guys that know the rules on that machine. Does the upper playfield have modes? Is it easy to master that playfield or does it take some time to get use to how it plays. Im just wondering out loud and havent gotten to play Shadow more then once but I would love to own one someday. Im thinking Eddy put the mini on Mando to sorta have alittle of the Shadows good points along with the diverter.
Just not sure I get the issue with Encounters? I can personally get through them but I also can hit the left ramp after leaving the upper mini pretty easy to start the encounters again which helps alot. Also the bonus stages I personally like, i just try to get the highest accuracy possible and collect millions of points until it times out. With no bonus stage if the game went to the next encounter level you wouldnt see the sweet scenes between encounters when the ball is resting on the up post.

Shadow's breakout playfield is SOOO much more fun than Mando. Much easier as well though

#6905 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Shadow's breakout playfield is SOOO much more fun than Mando. Much easier as well though

Shadow upper is more fun than any upper or lower ever.

It’s short and sweet and doesn’t have flippers.

#6906 2 years ago

I was worried about ordering orange when I did it, but it actually stands out a lot and looks great on mine.

8E9011B3-7C1B-4154-9823-D9F6336A162E (resized).jpeg8E9011B3-7C1B-4154-9823-D9F6336A162E (resized).jpegE3D097C3-4582-438F-AFE4-515B9FA90162 (resized).jpegE3D097C3-4582-438F-AFE4-515B9FA90162 (resized).jpeg
#6907 2 years ago

Has anyone messed around with the music/sound setting after adding a Polk subwoofer and have recommendations for the different levels?

#6908 2 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Has anyone messed around with the music/sound setting after adding a Polk subwoofer and have recommendations for the different levels?

Here's my settings and my volume is at 14

20210806_213859 (resized).jpg20210806_213859 (resized).jpg20210806_214001 (resized).jpg20210806_214001 (resized).jpg
#6909 2 years ago

Long time shadow owner. One of our all time favs and the upper playfield is like block breaker. It’s pretty fun but no other modes. Just hitting targets. mando on the prem/le I enjoy a ton. It’s also short but integrated well within multiple modes. I think both are great

#6910 2 years ago

Added some mods.

Baby Yoda mod finally working. (He sleeping when game is not in play). Will add video on Tuesday and more info on making these for sale to everyone.

Fun pin!

5E63B599-3781-4F03-AFB6-63850FE9AA51 (resized).jpeg5E63B599-3781-4F03-AFB6-63850FE9AA51 (resized).jpeg6E2662A5-FA20-4ADC-B039-711697F76062 (resized).jpeg6E2662A5-FA20-4ADC-B039-711697F76062 (resized).jpegC371EAB9-E9ED-439F-98A5-1073A6DFB53C (resized).jpegC371EAB9-E9ED-439F-98A5-1073A6DFB53C (resized).jpeg
#6911 2 years ago

Debating on keeping this on the game.

Mando shooter (resized).jpgMando shooter (resized).jpg
#6912 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Here's my settings and my volume is at 14
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you!!!
Just made these same setting to my game. Really appreciate you sharing!

#6913 2 years ago

So my Mando le when turned on now doesn’t boot. I reflashed the disc image following stern site. Still doesn’t boot. First time happened to me with a stern. Could it be a pcb issue? I’ve emailed stern..any advice please..

#6914 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Debating on keeping this on the game.
[quoted image]

You have it Flat on its side.
Roll it up right and mount With two screws it will look good

#6915 2 years ago

Which silver flipper toppers are those? Looks great!

#6916 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

So my Mando le when turned on now doesn’t boot. I reflashed the disc image following stern site. Still doesn’t boot. First time happened to me with a stern. Could it be a pcb issue? I’ve emailed stern..any advice please..

And you tried a completely different SD card?

#6917 2 years ago
Quoted from Hangry:

I was worried about ordering orange when I did it, but it actually stands out a lot and looks great on mine.
[quoted image][quoted image]

where did you order plastic protectors?

#6918 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Added some mods.
Baby Yoda mod finally working. (He sleeping when game is not in play). Will add video on Tuesday and more info on making these for sale to everyone.
Fun pin![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like that mando on the scoop a lot. nice work

#6919 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And you tried a completely different SD card?

Not yet, going to do that today. Could the SD card be corrupt? What has your experience been? Thank you

#6920 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Not yet, going to do that today. Could the SD card be corrupt? What has your experience been? Thank you

My experience has been that their SD cards are hot garbage.

#6921 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

where did you order plastic protectors?

Mezelmods.com

#6922 2 years ago

Doesn't anyone else have problems with the right orbit rejecting at the top and coming back down? Premium model

#6923 2 years ago
Quoted from Ramrod215:

Doesn't anyone else have problems with the right orbit rejecting at the top and coming back down? Premium model

Yes. All the time. Seems like a design flaw.

#6924 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My experience has been that their SD cards are hot garbage.

Bought new sd card, reflashed and still won’t boot. I’ve emailed stern..

#6925 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Bought new sd card, reflashed and still won’t boot. I’ve emailed stern..

Unfortunetly might be the cpu since you've tried a new SD card. Upload a video of the cpu during boot up showing the red lights and ill compare it to mine. When you turn it on does the Stern screen show on LCD then goes black or does the game show black screen and make a clicking sound without even showing the Stern screen?

#6926 2 years ago

Put a spot light on baby Yoda today. Lights him up a little better.

9278720F-C8AB-45B4-8DB1-FC10B826BB42 (resized).jpeg9278720F-C8AB-45B4-8DB1-FC10B826BB42 (resized).jpeg
#6927 2 years ago

Any update to Stern’s production schedule for the premiums over the last couple of weeks? Still looking like October before they are back on the line? Thanks!

#6928 2 years ago

My right orbit pop up post rejects back down the right krbit on most shots. Anyone have a fix for this?

#6929 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Put a spot light on baby Yoda today. Lights him up a little better.
[quoted image]

Doesn’t he have one already under where your finger is, or did you move it?

#6930 2 years ago

Well Mando LE is number 1 on Pinside 100 after 33 LE reviews. Probably stabilize around 8.6 rating is what I thought after first streaming. Either way, enjoy!

#6931 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Well Mando LE is number 1 on Pinside 100 after 33 LE reviews. Probably stabilize around 8.6 rating is what I thought after first streaming. Either way, enjoy!

Rating system is crazy.

Last 2 people rated it a 4???

One of them appears to be an EM lover.

Other one rates a lot of other pins at a 10.

#6932 2 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Rating system is crazy.
Last 2 people rated it a 4???
One of them appears to be an EM lover.
Other one rates a lot of other pins at a 10.

You mean, the guy that gave Mando LE/Premium a 4/10, has no post whatsoever but owns 5 games?? Yeah..

#6933 2 years ago

pretty sweet stuff man, lol fuck.

20210809_121202 (resized).jpg20210809_121202 (resized).jpg
#6934 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

[quoted image]

That's horrid. Seems to be hit or miss which is more of an issue. I put sound-deadening material (drops dead on impact) on the catch of the diverter
- we are about 500 games in at this time with about 50% of those completing the encounters (hitting that miniwizzard mode). Welds (sloppy as they may be) still holding.

#6935 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

You mean, the guy that gave Mando LE/Premium a 4/10, has no post whatsoever but owns 5 games?? Yeah..

Read the ratings the other guy gave to recent games. It's hilarious!!!

Rating system needs some help.

#6936 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I like that mando on the scoop a lot. nice work

i don't, its blocking a ton of playfield and looks completely out of place.

#6937 2 years ago

Any suggestions on the diverter deadening material?

#6938 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

[quoted image]

That sucks. What edition was that game?

#6939 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

[quoted image]

Build date?

#6940 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

[quoted image]

Mine did this last week. I ordered new part. A temporary fix that has worked great for me so far is JB Weld and two zip ties (Smaller ones). I got it up and running after the JB Weld cured. But like yours, the welds were very small.

#6941 2 years ago

Use system 11 lock down bar rubber. Worked out really great.

4AEC580C-A713-423C-BD4C-42E68631EB85 (resized).jpeg4AEC580C-A713-423C-BD4C-42E68631EB85 (resized).jpeg50C71D99-9946-418F-BC46-F3BBFD012D19 (resized).jpeg50C71D99-9946-418F-BC46-F3BBFD012D19 (resized).jpeg
#6942 2 years ago

I'm helping a new location out by getting their games setup. I'm not doing pinball tech stuff for them....I'm just making sure their games are level, pitch is set correct, tilts are reasonable, and etc. While I was leveling a Mando Pro today, I started a test game and immediately got rapid fire phantom switch hits. It jacks up the score and the beskar value real fast, even when a ball is not in play.

I went into the switch test and the problem switch was #40 - 10pt switch. I was at the end of today's visit when I discovered this issue, so I disabled replays and GC/#1 high score credit awards to prevent a million credits going on the game due to the switch issue.

What is the 10pt switch on this game and where is it located? I'm not a pinball tech, but I told the site I would look at it when I'm back tomorrow. Thanks in advance for the responses!

#6943 2 years ago
Quoted from N101AA:

I'm helping a new location out by getting their games setup. I'm not doing pinball tech stuff for them....I'm just making sure their games are level, pitch is set correct, tilts are reasonable, and etc. While I was leveling a Mando Pro today, I started a test game and immediately got rapid fire phantom switch hits. It jacks up the score and the beskar value real fast, even when a ball is not in play.

I went into the switch test and the problem switch was #40 - 10pt switch. I was at the end of today's visit when I discovered this issue, so I disabled replays and GC/#1 high score credit awards to prevent a million credits going on the game due to the switch issue.

What is the 10pt switch on this game and where is it located? I'm not a pinball tech, but I told the site I would look at it when I'm back tomorrow. Thanks in advance for the responses!

If you look in the manual (found here: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Mandalorian_Pro_web.pdf) you can go to page 16 and 17 to see which switches are where. Switch 40 is near the pop bumpers.

#6944 2 years ago

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0100M67A4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_SRM4NCKKSZ3NJE7BKRNK

Pricey but it works really well. Though beer seal foam, lockdown bar rubber will work just fine too I suppose.

#6945 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

That sucks. What edition was that game?

pro

not sure, it's on location.

#6946 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Imagine how good it would look with silver mirror speaker surrounds instead of.....black?!?
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)
[quoted image]

This is definitely the way! Thanks Doug!

2328606D-BD79-45C3-9F70-0BDC6F2B91E4 (resized).jpeg2328606D-BD79-45C3-9F70-0BDC6F2B91E4 (resized).jpeg
#6947 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

If you look in the manual (found here: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Mandalorian_Pro_web.pdf) you can go to page 16 and 17 to see which switches are where. Switch 40 is near the pop bumpers.

Thanks for the link! Looking at the manual, it says that the 10pt switch is a leaf switch. When I am onsite later today, I'll try to locate that switch and make there's a bit of a gap between the blades.

I don't think I've ever heard of a "10pt switch" in the modern games. Out of general curiosity, is this a common switch in the newer Stern games or is it unique to Mando? I can say though, when that switch is having problems casual players can easily score 300M and collect 1000s of Beskars.

#6948 2 years ago
Quoted from N101AA:

Thanks for the link! Looking at the manual, it says that the 10pt switch is a leaf switch. When I am onsite later today, I'll try to locate that switch and make there's a bit of a gap between the blades.
I don't think I've ever heard of a "10pt switch" in the modern games. Out of general curiosity, is this a common switch in the newer Stern games or is it unique to Mando? I can say though, when that switch is having problems casual players can easily score 300M and collect 1000s of Beskars.

post # 6452 had an issue like this too. It might be that leaf switch under the pops as mentioned above

#6949 2 years ago
Quoted from Belvedere:

post # 6452 had an issue like this too. It might be that leaf switch under the pops as mentioned above

Yep that's it! It was me. This was not spaced appropriately.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#6950 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Yep that's it! It was me. This was not spaced appropriately.

Crazy ol' switch#40, always messing around!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 19.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/139?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.