(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 153.
#6851 2 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Set it up the way you like it, it's your pin.

The dealer I'm getting mine from ordered 36 Premiums and only got 5. Now I'm on the October run. Stern only had a short run of Premiums.

The distributor I ordered with told me that they typically only get a subset of what they order in the first run. The example was if they order 50 they might only get 10-12.

#6852 2 years ago
Quoted from sirocket:

curious too as it’s basically crickets on updates

Just got the call this morning and my Mando Pro will be delivered tomorrow. Order it on the 25th of May.

#6853 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Just got the call this morning and my Mando Pro will be delivered tomorrow. Order it on the 25th of May.

Awesome. Hoping I hear something similar

#6854 2 years ago

Anybody found any plastic protectors other than orange? Orange look great but kinda blend in.

-Was wondering about light blue on my LE for something different.

#6855 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Anybody found any plastic protectors other than orange? Orange look great but kinda blend in.
-Was wondering about light blue on my LE for something different.

Check this:
https://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/index.php?f=3&q=convolux%206732&lang=e&lnge=1

#6856 2 years ago

As luck would have it I ended up at Tilt in Minneapolis last night and was able to play their LE. Diverter was working and it played how it should. The diverter at Cidercade had been removed, likely for having broken. These should not be breaking so quickly.

#6857 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I want to upgrade my 4" speakers in my Premium to 5 1/4 ". Any suggestions for what is a good choice for that?

I just did the LE version with Kenwood KFC-1366s and a new orange surround and panels with speaker lights from Doug. Love the new look personally and sounds so much better. Upgraded the cabinet speaker to the Boss speaker, recalibrated in the menu, and things are really rocking. Only complaint is the orange goes a little red or maybe neon orange when lit.

IMG_2846 (resized).jpegIMG_2846 (resized).jpegIMG_2847 (resized).jpegIMG_2847 (resized).jpeg

#6858 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Are you pressing the start button 3 times?

Quoted from vinsanity:

>
Select the 2v1 coop and hit start three times. Hitting start once is a one player game even in coop mode

Yeah, I knew I was missing something obvious. lol. Thanks!

#6860 2 years ago

Picked up my Pro this evening from the FedEx freight warehouse!

2C8EC446-FDA3-466A-BA3A-1FDD97EFBBBB (resized).jpeg2C8EC446-FDA3-466A-BA3A-1FDD97EFBBBB (resized).jpegCB9B227A-9151-4028-ABA2-D728FABB72EC (resized).jpegCB9B227A-9151-4028-ABA2-D728FABB72EC (resized).jpeg
#6861 2 years ago

Dang...Waited all day for the delivery and it's delayed until tomorrow. #WAAAAHFirstWorldProblems

#6862 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Dang...Waited all day for the delivery and it's delayed until tomorrow. #WAAAAHFirstWorldProblems

So close. Enjoy!

#6863 2 years ago

Mt Washington Resort Hotel, Bretton Woods, NH, has a Mandalorian Pro. It seemed to get significant attention while we were there. They still have a STh Pro as well.

#6864 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

nice! now to find in america!

You can buy these a lot cheaper in Belgium.

#6865 2 years ago

Maybe I am still in the honeymoon phase, but I keep getting back to this machine.....

#6866 2 years ago

Anyone know if the next batch of pros have shipped out to distributors yet?

#6867 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Anyone know if the next batch of pros have shipped out to distributors yet?

They have them. My distributor received a couple last week,happy to say mine was one of them.

#6868 2 years ago

My Pro just arrived!!!! Big thanks to ZMeny at Flipnout!

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

#6869 2 years ago

Just got my premium. Hands down the best sound in a stern game though i imagine it would be hard to fk up star wars music. That being said I really don't like the red frosted domes for Gi. Gonna redo the whole Gi with as the game is really dark

#6870 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Just got my premium. Hands down the best sound in a stern game though i imagine it would be hard to fk up star wars music. That being said I really don't like the red frosted domes for Gi. Gonna redo the whole Gi with as the game is really dark

Post a video when you do, please.

#6871 2 years ago

Got my pro in yesterday!

IMG_20210804_184101_301.jpgIMG_20210804_184101_301.jpg
#6872 2 years ago

Awesome seeing everyone getting their pros!

#6873 2 years ago
Quoted from sirocket:

Awesome seeing everyone getting their pros!

Is it really though?

#6874 2 years ago

I put in a few games on a pro on location. It must be just me but I thought the geometry on the left ramp was off. As though the entrance was curving too much to the right to be able to hit it from the right flipper cleanly? I thought several times throughout the games that there should have been an upper right flipper for that ramp. I had the hardest time making a clean shot. Was hoping for some insight for the next time I get a chance to play it.

#6875 2 years ago

After 24 hours and about 40 plays I've had zero issues. Such a blast to play!

My only concern is how the ball empties into the mini playfield. It's really hard to get it to the flipper unless you nudge it.

Besides that, I'm thrilled that I decided to restart my collection with such a fun game!

#6876 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Is it really though?

only if mine comes too haha! trying to be optimistic. For a first NIB buyer, it's an interesting experience for sure. Check back with me next week lol

#6877 2 years ago
Quoted from sirocket:

only if mine comes too haha! trying to be optimistic. For a first NIB buyer, it's an interesting experience for sure. Check back with me next week lol

Double-edged sword.

#6878 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Are Premiums back on the line? What was your born on date?

#6879 2 years ago

New pro owner here, just got it all powder coated and back together, anybody else have the star post half up like this near the upper flipper...it's not loose? Is something wrong here? I looked under the playfield and it's only held in with a Phillips screw and tiny washer

IMG_20210805_185732 (resized).jpgIMG_20210805_185732 (resized).jpgIMG_20210805_192216 (resized).jpgIMG_20210805_192216 (resized).jpgIMG_20210805_192231~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20210805_192231~2 (resized).jpg
#6880 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

New pro owner here, just got it all powder coated and back together, anybody else have the star post half up like this near the upper flipper...it's not loose? Is something wrong here? I looked under the playfield and it's only held in with a Phillips screw and tiny washer
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Should be easy to adjust it though?

#6881 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Powder coating looks great!

#6882 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

I love the powder coat!

#6883 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I love the powder coat!

Thanks! I was actually having a hard time picking a color, I've had like 20 games done and don't like to repeat colors. I have legs, rails, lockdown, shooter, hinges and speaker panel

#6884 2 years ago

I don't understand why there is a bonus level between each stage of the encounter instead of just after the 3rd.

#6885 2 years ago

Sorry for the dumb ass question, but what was the street price (not MSRP) of a Mando LE after tax and shipping?

I still cannot believe I completely missed out on this ... my stupid job was keeping me too busy, I totally missed the rumor mill, and didn't pre-order one. If all else fails, I'll nab a premium.

I played a Mando pro a couple of times at Allentown. This game is frigging brilliant ... wait, I mean, uh, it sucks!!! It's terrible ... price crash will happen ... and other stuff people say when they're trying to drive the price of pinball down . Seriously, with more software, this one's going to go from very good to masterpiece over the course of the next year!

#6886 2 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

Sorry for the dumb ass question, but what was the street price (not MSRP) of a Mando LE after tax and shipping?

More than MSRP.

#6887 2 years ago

Man this game is tough, I barely breaking 150mil on it. Game flowing game though, really starting to enjoy it. What are the best pin blades or mods for this game?

#6888 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

That looks horrendous. If you are able, remove that plastic and post and show us what that looks like underneath.

#6889 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

That looks horrendous. If you are able, remove that plastic and post and show us what that looks like underneath.

This is the under playfield for that post, screw and tiny washer..why is there a slot in the playfield, why would you want to move this post around?

IMG_20210805_190439 (resized).jpgIMG_20210805_190439 (resized).jpg
#6890 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

This is the under playfield for that post, screw and tiny washer..why is there a slot in the playfield, why would you want to move this post around? [quoted image]

Makes the upper playfield easier or harder to drain out of.

#6891 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

This is the under playfield for that post, screw and tiny washer..why is there a slot in the playfield, why would you want to move this post around? [quoted image]

Oh, that's the post in the upper mini pf area. WOW that is torqued way too f'ing tight. Moving it in the slot is the difficulty setting for the upper playfield. In my opinion, there should not be a nut on the topside. Ugh.

#6892 2 years ago

Hard to say what they are actually selling for vs the asking price. I’d guess somewhere around $12.5-13k for NIB and $12k used before tax and shipping based on what I’m seeing in marketplace.

#6893 2 years ago

Well I did some experimenting last night and decided to take the glass off and walk through the game with modes and encounters. The game is very deep and I wanted to see what it was all about. Taking the glass off and walking through the game really helps me understand rules, objectives and explore possible paths to get to wizard. This game really reminds me of a mix between GOT and Star Wars. Like a deep game of chess trying to obtain all of the necessary pieces to make the right moves. I found myself really struggling with the upper playfield and trying to develop a strategy. The first encounters are really difficult and basically all I could do is cradle to stop ball at gate-then flail like hell. The encounters did start to get a little easier but compared to the modes/missions-the encounters are really difficult. I had one target on far left on one encounter and it must have taken me at least ten attempts to finally hit it. I did start to see the depth of the upper playfield and it is a challenge for sure. I am a bit torn because I am not sure I will be able to get too far into the encounters even on 5 ball with extra balls(this game is tough). Some of the modes felt repetitive and some wood chopping was involved but some modes mix it up with great hurry-ups and dramatic GI light shows that make for an entertaining experience. Like I said the modes/missions seemed relatively easy to obtain but the encounters and upper pf kick you in the nuts. It took me over a half hour to walk through everything and I kept thinking I will never even come close to wizard without the glass off. When I did finally walk through 'This is the Way' wizard I was not that impressed. Compared to Star Wars wizard-I felt it was lack luster. The red GI effect was cool but other than that it felt flat? Also not sure if bug but flippers would die after the bonus round? If I did not have glass off-ball would have drained?

I am a huge Star Wars fan but I am struggling trying to find my groove for Mandalorian. I am going to continue practicing and getting kicked in the nuts and see where it goes. One thing I really do like is the corresponding video for modes, and how well they tie in together. Love the franchise/theme but still looking to find that magical feeling on this one.

#6894 2 years ago

Also my ramp flaps are already starting to dent up pretty good. Wondering if Stern is using a different gauge metal(or non hardened steel) for ramp flaps nowadays? Some of my older Sterns do not seem to have this issue? Would be interesting if you could access and measure the gauge of the flaps with a micrometer to see if there is a difference?

#6895 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Oh, that's the post in the upper mini pf area. WOW that is torqued way too f'ing tight. Moving it in the slot is the difficulty setting for the upper playfield. In my opinion, there should not be a nut on the topside. Ugh.

I posted a while back in the owners group on the same thing. I took the top nut off and that post is still holding strong and not moving at all. Get a much better feed to the flipper now with it being flush and the rubber just a little bit longer.

#6896 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Also my ramp flaps are already starting to dent up pretty good. Wondering if Stern is using a different gauge metal(or non hardened steel) for ramp flaps nowadays? Some of my older Sterns do not seem to have this issue? Would be interesting if you could access and measure the gauge of the flaps with a micrometer to see if there is a difference?

The build quality definitely get cheaper and cheaper imo:
- The left ramp is attatched to the PF with just two metal flaps, already saw images of broken rampst, the flap left/right entrance also sticks out too much.
- My middle ramps attachment metal just popped off the ramp, no damage done yet.
- The right ramps entrance is done very strange, i have had to bend the metal so that it doesn't damage the plastic.Tthe top plastic is not aligned well with the entrance too, looks rushed.
- The two wiggling plastic attachment ramps on the pros are a total joke. I hope thats not the new standard.
- The glass seems cheaper too, sharp edges on my model.

And here is my opinion on the code so far:
Over all it seems quite ok to me, but I have some complaints as always

Making nearly every required shot for modes yellow seems too make every mission monoton and unintersting.
There is no reason to learn modes beside of points. Just make sure to start a mode before you drain, so that it gets completed, add a Multiball and start your encounters as often as possible, which gets me to my main complaint.
Encounters are completely killing the flow and they are about 2/3 over emphasized imo. Just count the shots you need to complete all 3 modes with 3 stages, now add the failed attemts in the mini PF and encounter activation shots. I even like the mini playfield but thats just too much and super boring.
The mini PF should be rewarding IMO, and not wood chopping to the extreme, I alway let the ball drain on bonus level, just to get out of there.

Setting the difficulty to "easy encounters" just removes the activation shot, so nearly every shot will now be diverted, flow is dead.

I still hope the game will grow on me

#6897 2 years ago

^ Couldn't agree more about the encounters.

#6898 2 years ago

Getting rid of the bonus levels on encounters and immediately going to the next stage would make a big difference.

#6899 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am a huge Star Wars fan but I am struggling trying to find my groove for Mandalorian. I am going to continue practicing and getting kicked in the nuts and see where it goes. One thing I really do like is the corresponding video for modes, and how well they tie in together. Love the franchise/theme but still looking to find that magical feeling on this one.

Accept encounters are the long pole in the game... accept that you just need to keep sending the ball up there and on the pro - use short plunges to get as many trips in there as possible.

Then, stop worrying about encounters, and key in on timing a good stack of multipliers, the right mode, and multiball. That's where great fun is, getting your multiplier's up and running, starting a lucrative mode (like mudhorn), light flame thrower, and then start spider multiball... That's when you start smacking the game around like a pimp

Priming the pump with scope, completing hunter, and getting the right multiball to go with your mode... to me that's where the fun is right now.

#6900 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Getting rid of the bonus levels on encounters and immediately going to the next stage would make a big difference.

I’ve been saying this as well. I think just removing the “victory laps” bonus and going to the next level would help. I’m not sure what else I want because I enjoy the upper but would like a little less.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/138?hl=jerickso77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.