(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 153.
#6801 2 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamer74:

After two days of play, the Grogu spotlight popped out on my Premium. Is there currently a fix that will keep it securely in place?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I had the same. Couple dabs of Kraft glue gel and good to go.

#6802 2 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

I bought the molding on Tmolding.com and got the light grey

Thanks vet much.

#6803 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

We are getting 3/4 clean shots coming right back down the ramp

Dial down the flipper strength and ensure you have the right pitch. You'll break that diverter in the next few games otherwise.

#6804 2 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamer74:

After two days of play, the Grogu spotlight popped out on my Premium.

It popped out on the first game on the launch stream. I use Gorilla Epoxy for spots. https://www.gorillatough.com/product/gorilla-epoxy/

#6805 2 years ago

Anyone having trouble backhanding the right ramp?
My game is leveled from left to right and I am playing at 6.5° deg or steeper.
Flippers are pointing at the holes perfectly and titan flipper rubbers.

I wouldn't bother if the this shot wouldn't be total kamikaze with those targets next to it.

#6806 2 years ago

Got to play a pro yesterday at crabtown. Pretty fun game. Need to look up some rules. Plan to go back in a couple of weeks and play again.

#6807 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

This is funny!

Good ‘ol logical reverse-logic humor; a classic

#6808 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Looks good on the LE too.. [quoted image]

Imagine how good it would look with silver mirror speaker surrounds instead of.....black?!?

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Mando silver mirror surround and PB (resized).JPGMando silver mirror surround and PB (resized).JPG

#6809 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Imagine how good it would look with silver mirror speaker surrounds instead of.....black?!?
[quoted image]

This is the way!

#6810 2 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Anyone having trouble backhanding the right ramp?
My game is leveled from left to right and I am playing at 6.5° deg or steeper.
Flippers are pointing at the holes perfectly and titan flipper rubbers.
I wouldn't bother if the this shot wouldn't be total kamikaze with those targets next to it.

No mine is a easy backhand thats hittable 9 out of 10 times. Post a pic of your flippers and ill compare them to mine.

#6811 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Dial down the flipper strength and ensure you have the right pitch. You'll break that diverter in the next few games otherwise.

6.7 degrees. I put a small piece of foam there. I still get rejects but only maybe 1 of 20 now.

#6812 2 years ago

Finally was able to play this for the first time the other day. I don't think I've ever instantly viscerally disliked a playfield layout/shots more. It was like all the bad parts of Ghostbusters made even worse, with a really lame mini pf thrown in for good measure. I played about a dozen games and 90% of the shots it wanted me to take were just the one straight up the middle. Really unfun ramps layout too. Am I alone here or is this a polarizing game?

#6813 2 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

Finally was able to play this for the first time the other day. I don't think I've ever instantly viscerally disliked a playfield layout/shots more. It was like all the bad parts of Ghostbusters made even worse, with a really lame mini pf thrown in for good measure. I played about a dozen games and 90% of the shots it wanted me to take were just the one straight up the middle. Really unfun ramps layout too. Am I alone here or is this a polarizing game?

To each there own. I feel the opposite. From the get go i have really enjoyed this layout. Gives me a little nostalgia for my SoF.
We got JP and Mando on Friday and Mando is getting all the play. We are not a Star Wars family but its a hit. JP just sits there watching us have fun on Mando so far

Edit: if you choose to spam the Razor Crest shot thats your decision. It is too easy to repeat but it only accounts for 3 of the 11 main modes. Shoot other shots and get into the actual game.

#6814 2 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

Am I alone here or is this a polarizing game?

Not sure I understand the second part of your question, but I definitely don’t have the same opinions of this game as you. I thought it shot great.

#6815 2 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

Did you play a Pro or Premium/LE? The shots all being mid playfield really seems to throw people off at first. On the shot straight up middle you need to hit other shots to light them then after hitting so many shots the left scoop shot lights to start the modes. I dont really like how the shots arent better defined with the arrow inserts not being lit with the present code either, it can make it feel like the only shot you are suppose to shoot is the center shot so i hear you there.

Oh and I love GB but more the Pro then Premium layout.

#6816 2 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

Finally was able to play this for the first time the other day. I don't think I've ever instantly viscerally disliked a playfield layout/shots more.

There are definitely parts of the layout I dislike but overall Id say it's solid. I like the Razor Crest shot being a nice bail out shot and both ramps shoot pretty good but I despise the way that "u-turn" style shot bounces off the ball guide for such an inconsistent return. My overall biggest complaint about the game is probably the repeatability of the Razor Crest shot combined with the way it's coded. I think if the actual lock shot was different from the lock qualifying shots, it would have felt much less grindy.

#6817 2 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

You know, I hadn't considered the ghostbusters comp. I own a GB pro and a Mando LE and think you might have nailed it.

However, I (and my whole family) really love GB. I simply don't understand the hate it gets. I never played it before they fixed the code, but i imagine that's where a lot of the opinions came from. It's a really really fun game.

We are really liking Mando too so far, so makes perfect sense. To each their own.

#6818 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

[quoted image]

Any chance you could back up a bit and take a full head shot of that LE?

My LE has the other speakers, black with the mirrored shield. I'm kinda digging the blacked out vibe. Perhaps you can persuade me though!

#6819 2 years ago

Can anyone post a pic of both variations of the MANDALORIAN LE speaker panels. I’m a little confused regarding the differences. Thx

#6820 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Can anyone post a pic of both variations of the MANDALORIAN LE speaker panels. I’m a little confused regarding the differences. Thx

Stern just used two different speakers in the Le run. The typical kenwood silver ones and these...

5987C3CA-2C47-4DB6-9EB7-647F03A25ADB (resized).jpeg5987C3CA-2C47-4DB6-9EB7-647F03A25ADB (resized).jpeg
#6821 2 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

You need to understand the rules better. You don’t want go shoot up the middle until you at least start a mission, which is done by hitting both ramps and then the scoop. Then shoot up the middle a few times to start a mb. Plenty of other things to shoot for, just not as obvious when you first walk up to the game.

#6822 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I put my deposit down on May 14th and was told at that time I'd probably be in the 2nd run based on the number of orders my distributor already had and how many they thought that they would get in the initial run. I'm guessing that's still the case because I haven't been contacted with any updates.

Put money down on a pro May 11th first thing, looks like next week. I do not know if

Quoted from Code_Blue:

You are alone, all alone.

#6823 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Any chance you could back up a bit and take a full head shot of that LE?
My LE has the other speakers, black with the mirrored shield. I'm kinda digging the blacked out vibe. Perhaps you can persuade me though!

Sorry, the picture I posted was one a customer sent me and not my game.

#6824 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

You know, I hadn't considered the ghostbusters comp. I own a GB pro and a Mando LE and think you might have nailed it.
However, I (and my whole family) really love GB. I simply don't understand the hate it gets. I never played it before they fixed the code, but i imagine that's where a lot of the opinions came from. It's a really really fun game.
We are really liking Mando too so far, so makes perfect sense. To each their own.

Agree owning a Mando LE and GBLE and really like both games. GB I did a ton of adjustments to get it dailed in. But now it is so good, it is one of the few machines I really got to the final wizard mode. Also Mando is possible playing it now for a few weeks I got already 2 mini wizards done. Only encounters is a real nasty one, but there is always Beskar to trade

#6825 2 years ago

Regarding BACKHANDING the right ramp and horseshoe problem, which i was only able to hit about 1/10.
I found the cause and here is a little quick guide for the problem!

It was the sling shot slightly blocking the way of the shot. I removed the slings rubber and the shot worked now, due to not blocking the shot.
I checked the right flipper and it was out of center, meaning i have less shot range for my backhand.
Check out if you can see the black border surrounding the base of the flipper, if not you probably have a problem making the shot.

Remove the flipper, loosen up the screws of the flippers metal base holding the coil so you can push the plastic into place, take a piece of plastic and cut it in shape and push it into the hole (see image). Now tighten up the screws again. The plastic should not move now.
Install the flipper and and make sure the bottom of the flipper is not touching the playfield now, because its now angled slightly different.

PLEASE NOTE:
If you can find a better plastic, centering and holding the flipper-hull from all sides that would be optimal, since thit is the way it should be.
Re-aligning the entire mech is not possible, since you can`t drill new holes in the wood just 2 mm aside the pre-existing ones.
It is crazy that 2mm have such an impact. The game feels so easy now, making that shot reliable.

fix (1) (resized).jpgfix (1) (resized).jpg
fix (6) (resized).jpgfix (6) (resized).jpg
fix (5) (resized).jpgfix (5) (resized).jpg
fix (4) (resized).jpgfix (4) (resized).jpg
fix (2) (resized).jpgfix (2) (resized).jpg
fix (3) (resized).jpgfix (3) (resized).jpg

Here is the test

#6826 2 years ago

How is the pro the only version with enough reviews to show up on the Top100? Only 8 reviews of the premium? The LE and Premium owners need to post their opinions. I enjoy this game more than expected so far.

#6827 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

How is the pro the only version with enough reviews to show up on the Top100? Only 8 reviews of the premium? The LE and Premium owners need to post their opinions. I enjoy this game more than expected so far.

There are just not that many Premiums out there yet. The first Premium run was cut extremely short.

#6828 2 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

There are just not that many Premiums out there yet. The first Premium run was cut extremely short.

The run was at least 10 days, 7/8 - 7/21, using dates posted here, and I've heard they can produce 50-100 a day when everything is running perfect. What is a typical first run of premiums?

#6829 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

The run was at least 10 days, 7/8 - 7/21, using dates posted here, and I've heard they can produce 50-100 a day when everything is running perfect. What is a typical first run of premiums?

I spoke with a distributor who was told they would get 20 premiums in first run, and only ended up with 2. I was also pushed back from first wave to the October run for the Premium I have on order. Not sure exactly what happened, but it was a very small initial Premium run.

#6830 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

[quoted image]

Doug - I added this to mine and looks awesome!

#6831 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Mine is July 8th

#6832 2 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

I spoke with a distributor who was told they would get 20 premiums in first run, and only ended up with 2. I was also pushed back from first wave to the October run for the Premium I have on order. Not sure exactly what happened, but it was a very small initial Premium run.

I'd want a couple more data points before concluding that it was a very small first run. Maybe that distributor just got shafted because they were at the end of shipping line and they ended up a few short of what they intended to produce due to a part shortage or something.

#6833 2 years ago

Excited to make it to Dallas Cidercade last night because of their Mando LE. Diverter at the top of the central ramp was either missing or not operational, and the encounter playfield appeared to be stuck in the fully raised position. Not impressed with your QC, Stern.

The metal rails were much less obstructing than the plastics on the Pro.

#6834 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Excited to make it to Dallas Cidercade last night because of their Mando LE. Diverter at the top of the central ramp was either missing or not operational, and the encounter playfield appeared to be stuck in the fully raised position. Not impressed with your QC, Stern.
The metal rails were much less obstructing than the plastics on the Pro.

Both mini pf and diverter can be disabled in the game settings, maybe the operator disabled them?

#6835 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Im setting mine up tonight. What is the consensus on pitch for this one? I keep most of mine around 6.8 unless otherwise recommended.

Set it up the way you like it, it's your pin.

Quoted from KSP1138:

I'd want a couple more data points before concluding that it was a very small first run. Maybe that distributor just got shafted because they were at the end of shipping line and they ended up a few short of what they intended to produce due to a part shortage or something.

The dealer I'm getting mine from ordered 36 Premiums and only got 5. Now I'm on the October run. Stern only had a short run of Premiums.

#6836 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Both mini pf and diverter can be disabled in the game settings, maybe the operator disabled them?

I suppose it is possible but not sure what for. A very disappointing experience to hit the center ramp for an encounter mode and having the ball simply orbit back around.

#6837 2 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Set it up the way you like it, it's your pin.

Certain games are designed to be played at specific pitches. I preferred to play a game as it was intended to play.

#6838 2 years ago

Anyone else having problems with the 2v1 coop? I can only get player 1 to have a 3 ball game, then it is game over. Not sure if I am missing something?

#6839 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Certain games are designed to be played at specific pitches. I preferred to play a game as it was intended to play.

Brian Eddy said anything from 6.5 to 7.0 is ok, so nothing special on this game.

#6840 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Stern just used two different speakers in the Le run. The typical kenwood silver ones and these...[quoted image]

I have the same as these. July 1 build

#6841 2 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Regarding BACKHANDING the right ramp and horseshoe problem, which i was only able to hit about 1/10.
I found the cause and here is a little quick guide for the problem!
It was the sling shot slightly blocking the way of the shot. I removed the slings rubber and the shot worked now, due to not blocking the shot.
I checked the right flipper and it was out of center, meaning i have less shot range for my backhand.
Check out if you can see the black border surrounding the base of the flipper, if not you probably have a problem making the shot.
Remove the flipper, loosen up the screws of the flippers metal base holding the coil so you can push the plastic into place, take a piece of plastic and cut it in shape and push it into the hole (see image). Now tighten up the screws again. The plastic should not move now.
Install the flipper and and make sure the bottom of the flipper is not touching the playfield now, because its now angled slightly different.
PLEASE NOTE:
If you can find a better plastic, centering and holding the flipper-hull from all sides that would be optimal, since thit is the way it should be.
Re-aligning the entire mech is not possible, since you can`t drill new holes in the wood just 2 mm aside the pre-existing ones.
It is crazy that 2mm have such an impact. The game feels so easy now, making that shot reliable.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Here is the test

Ok. How the hell do you flip that repeatedly?!! I clearly have bigger pinball problems…

#6842 2 years ago

Was curious if Pros where back on the line? Seems a few have gotten a Pro recently, but not a lot.

#6843 2 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

Anyone else having problems with the 2v1 coop? I can only get player 1 to have a 3 ball game, then it is game over. Not sure if I am missing something?

Are you pressing the start button 3 times?

#6844 2 years ago

I want to upgrade my 4" speakers in my Premium to 5 1/4 ". Any suggestions for what is a good choice for that?

#6845 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Was curious if Pros where back on the line? Seems a few have gotten a Pro recently, but not a lot.

curious too as it’s basically crickets on updates

#6846 2 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

>
Select the 2v1 coop and hit start three times. Hitting start once is a one player game even in coop mode

#6847 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Ok. How the hell do you flip that repeatedly?!! I clearly have bigger pinball problems…

Thats not hard if you have a constant feed from a cradle, because the ball is slow and you can internalize the timing well.
If you still have a problem finding the shots, this might help you

But as I said, this was not possible before i did the flipper fix.

#6848 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Yes. Just got my pro with July 27 build date.

#6849 2 years ago

Played LE at Cidercade in Dallas. (My Premium is ordered but guessing October). Ive prob read this entire thread so some bias but also surprised me how different it was than what I expected. Always tough to get feel of a piñon an arcade with background noise etc, but it was against the wall in corner and the sound was awesome, def immersive (not like a LoTR/hobbit but good)- call outs solid actually, and video clips awesome (though may get old with repetition). The middle shot as advertised was very easy but satisfying- almost as a "I need to catch my breath" shot since it's easy to not brick and it loops to left orbit and back to left flipper to fig out your next shot. The left ramp is one of the steepest ramp I've ever seen. That and the shots on the right are super tight- so it's a clunk fest at times. The right ramp is tiny and awkward and the loop next to it is lame- but the shot when the return scoop ramp falls down is awesome. The foundry scoop is easy. Orbits medium. So it's a mix of easy /medium and very tough shots. Once get dialed in I think better but for some will be frustrating. Def GB feel. Also the open part of playfield is set really low (lower than I realized at least). That makes a small area in front so rapid reflex needed. People say family friendly and I see that but maybe need a long ball save. The upper playfield was ok but frantic so hard to judge. Also of the 8 games, 4 ended on a defect (ball stuck somewhere, diverters jammed, or other nonsense. So QC not great. Had to turn off on twice). Code seems cool a lot to do. I didn't progress very far but was hard to follow. I think simple once you learn it and not easy to get through but def beatable. Home use is so different so will see. Right now seems like really fun game that I'd love to have for 3-4 months but not a keeper. Looking forward to exploring much more deeply in comfort of my own home!

#6850 2 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

My distributor contacted me last week asking for final payment on the Iron Maiden Premium I ordered months ago. He said they were coming off the line within the next two weeks and should be on the way to me within 3 weeks. Maybe they are doing IM to catch up on back orders?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

4,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 19.95
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/137 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.