(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 153.
#6701 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Played the LE a decent amount over the weekend. Had one good game around 860 mil where I played 2 of 3 mini wizard modes. Can anybody guess which one I didn't play? Ding ding ding! You got it, encounters. I think I finished the first level of the first encounter, so like 1/9th of the way there. No chance I'm ever slogging through all that crap.
LE upper playfield feels different from the pro, but is no more satisfying in my opinion. Just a total waste of BOM and playfield space. Zero fun (your mileage may vary). Rest of the game? Pretty damn fun.

That's a pretty good score for only having played it for a couple of days!

#6702 2 years ago

Thanks! It was actually only an hour. I was hesitant to say that in the same post as my negative comment about the upper PF, to avoid the yOu DiDnT pLaY iT eNoUgH crowd.

#6703 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Thanks! It was actually only an hour. I was hesitant to say that in the same post as my negative comment about the upper PF, to avoid the yOu DiDnT pLaY iT eNoUgH crowd.

You didn’t play it enough.

#6704 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I always say you like what you like. I find it funny that people try to argue about which model is better. I have played both and I really enjoy them both. I actually kind of like the fact that it's too completely different experiences in that upper playfield area. Happy flipping!

#6705 2 years ago

So far I relate the upper PF on Premium/LE Mandalorian to the upper PF on Transformers LE in terms of fun factor. Luckily there is enough content and shots to make up for the novelty playfield and the game is still fun to shoot.

#6706 2 years ago

Baby's First Pinball!

The great part is now I will finally learn how to play real Pinball rather than just "avoid missing balls for high score"

I got my high score on my first game ever, then I leveled the machine and now can't touch that score.

2021-07-27 00.22.47 (resized).jpg2021-07-27 00.22.47 (resized).jpg
#6707 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackwolf:

Baby's First Pinball!
The great part is now I will finally learn how to play real Pinball rather than just "avoid missing balls for high score"
I got my high score on my first game ever, then I leveled the machine and now can't touch that score.
[quoted image]

Looks lonely and needs some friends. Welcome to the club!

#6708 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackwolf:

...then I leveled the machine and now can't touch that score.

Funniest thing I've seen on here in a while. Well done!!

#6709 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackwolf:

Baby's First Pinball!
[quoted image]

Put my name in for a pro today.

All is see there is beautiful open space... for more pins

#6710 2 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

Put my name in for a pro today.
All is see there is beautiful open space... for more pins

I measured that we can fit four pins comfortably in there. (The other wall will have arcade cabinets.) The room was used as a storage room until about two weeks ago when we put in new carpet and paint. (In fact, the paint is still curing, which is why the blacklights aren't mounted to the ceiling yet.)

We're on the lookout for a '92 Doctor Who, but not in too much of a hurry.

#6711 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackwolf:

I measured that we can fit four pins comfortably in there. (The other wall will have arcade cabinets.) The room was used as a storage room until about two weeks ago when we put in new carpet and paint. (In fact, the paint is still curing, which is why the blacklights aren't mounted to the ceiling yet.)
We're on the lookout for a '92 Doctor Who, but not in too much of a hurry.

I’ve been looking for carpet like that at a good price; what was that per sqft?

#6712 2 years ago

I just got word my Premium has arrived at my distributor, so I will be seeing it soon! Now I've got to go move things around and make space...

#6713 2 years ago

Played an LE today on location, it was fun! And I got to admit the different tilting/angles on the upper rotating playfield was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Usually I don't care for mini playfields (Family Guy, ACDC Prem to name a few) but this was quite fun!

#6714 2 years ago

I find it odd this post is bare, just under Grogu, is this the case on other games? I can't find a picture. Rubber chart says there's no post sleeve.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6715 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I find it odd this post is bare, just under Grogu, is this the case on other games? I can't find a picture. Rubber chart says there's no post sleeve.
[quoted image]

It is bare on my LE.

#6716 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Played an LE today on location, it was fun! And I got to admit the different tilting/angles on the upper rotating playfield was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Usually I don't care for mini playfields (Family Guy, ACDC Prem to name a few) but this was quite fun!

Agree. I just wish it tilted faster than it does! Shoot the ball up, the playfield tilts flat, the ball drops, the playfield tilts up.. then I hit the ramp and back up to the PF quickly.. and it again tilts back down. lol.

#6717 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

It is bare on my LE.

Thanks! I just find that whole section of the game a bit jumbled up. This should've clearly been a diverter solution similar to JM, not an up post that works as it should sometimes. It certainly introduces randomness for the child skill shot, I'd give them that.

#6718 2 years ago

I just got done installing a few toy mods and I think they look pretty good. I received the foundry and the troop transport as well from T Diddy. I also purchased magnetic overlay set for apron cover back box and lock down bar. I definitely like the magnetic overlay set, it looks amazing in my opinion.

12D950BC-71B3-46BF-BA99-8573630415EF (resized).jpeg12D950BC-71B3-46BF-BA99-8573630415EF (resized).jpeg1706B6E1-19A8-40B7-9542-8BF837DD2467 (resized).jpeg1706B6E1-19A8-40B7-9542-8BF837DD2467 (resized).jpeg6A6F1846-27FB-4801-90A2-53203A8E6489 (resized).jpeg6A6F1846-27FB-4801-90A2-53203A8E6489 (resized).jpeg80B29B01-21A1-4EAD-8630-03B1C1251801 (resized).jpeg80B29B01-21A1-4EAD-8630-03B1C1251801 (resized).jpeg81943275-EBB4-4FF2-A72D-88EF8C6DF747 (resized).jpeg81943275-EBB4-4FF2-A72D-88EF8C6DF747 (resized).jpeg

79E4C63F-F2C2-4061-9F2D-0F07F2EE6F05 (resized).jpeg79E4C63F-F2C2-4061-9F2D-0F07F2EE6F05 (resized).jpeg

#6719 2 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

I just got done installing a few toy mods and I think they look pretty good. I received the foundry and the troop transport as well from T Diddy. I also purchased magnetic overlay set for apron cover back box and lock down bar. I definitely like the magnetic overlay set, it looks amazing in my opinion.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

What I also like are the proportions! That TIE fighter, for instance, is smaller and because it's located at the back, visually looks farther away. As it should! Good job, giving me some ideas!

Where did you get that magnetic set and do they have it for the Premium colors scheme?

#6720 2 years ago

Mandalorian Premiums are in SoCal! Mine was delivered yesterday afternoon from Orange County Pinballs. They got them delivered to their shop at 2pm and in my house by 4pm. Thanks Evan and Mike!

Had a blast playing it and my wife posted the first high score. Can't wait to play more, especially when the delivered blown speaker is replaced for better sound. It looks so much better in person and getting the Premium was definitely the right call. Now we just need accessories.

IMG_3223 (resized).jpgIMG_3223 (resized).jpg
#6721 2 years ago

Just got my Premium delivered yesterday through Game Exchange Colorado. Date stamp is July15th. I am blown away at the speed this thing got built, sent to Colorado, then delivered to me in the PNW. So far, I am really enjoying getting to know this pin. The sound is amazing! It goes nicely with my Star Wars Premium.

20210727_151338 (resized).jpg20210727_151338 (resized).jpg20210727_151419 (resized).jpg20210727_151419 (resized).jpg
#6722 2 years ago
Quoted from eyewantone:

Mandalorian Premiums are in SoCal! Mine was delivered yesterday afternoon from Orange County Pinballs. They got them delivered to their shop at 2pm and in my house by 4pm. Thanks Evan and Mike!
Had a blast playing it and my wife posted the first high score. Can't wait to play more, especially when the delivered blown speaker is replaced for better sound. It looks so much better in person and getting the Premium was definitely the right call. Now we just need accessories.
[quoted image]

Damn! Beautiful collection and that Millennium Falcon carpet is awesome!

#6723 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

I’ve been looking for carpet like that at a good price; what was that per sqft?

That particular carpet was a chore to find. It's Joy Carpets Space Explorer Fluorescent but it is only available for businesses. Joy Carpets has some other fluorescent patterns that are at Lowe's (the one with the big drawn stars is theirs) but this particular pattern is not available. Most residential carpet vendors don't carry Joy Carpets. We previously had a home theater built in our basement and the company that built it was able to find a vendor that carried this carpet and pulled some strings to get it send to them (as a business) and then delivered it to me. I say this as a caveat that I got it "second hand" and have no clue where they actually got the carpet, AND it was also bundled in with some other lighting work I had done in our theater, but the line item came out to something like $2.78/sqft.

ANYWAY, to get things back on track...After my...15th game? Maybe 20th game? This little guy decided to join in on the fun! I taught myself how to figure out what it was with the maintenance menu (the docs assume you know what you're doing already) put it back in the socket and tried to secure it, and then two games later he joined in on the fun again and this time actually drained. I taught myself how to eject all the balls manually and decided that Grogu didn't really need a spotlight on him for a little bit. I've seen that this is a problem other people have had (especially those with shaker motors) and will go through the fixes I saw earlier in the thread at a later time. Probably the electrical tape one sounds like a winner.

I'M A REAL PINBALL OWNER NOW Y'ALL

2021-07-28 00.09.16 (resized).jpg2021-07-28 00.09.16 (resized).jpg
#6724 2 years ago

My premium was set to deliver on Tuesday.

Spoke with carrier today and it looks like tomorrow for delivery.

I can stand the wait…anxious about the condition. I’m dreading puncture wounds.

#6725 2 years ago

I put a deposit on my premium on the morning of May 12th and am being told October. Anybody else in that boat?

#6726 2 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

I put a deposit on my premium on the morning of May 12th and am being told October. Anybody else in that boat?

Deposit down May 3rd. Premium is supposed to arrive at my distributor any day.

#6727 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Damn! Beautiful collection and that Millennium Falcon carpet is awesome!

Thanks! Luckily my parents saved my toys from when I was a kid and Lego's are much easier to buy as an adult

I think I got the carpet from Target. I have another one that is the Death Star from the same manufacturer, but it's been at least a year, maybe 2 since I got them. They were $20 back then.

#6728 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So far I relate the upper PF on Premium/LE Mandalorian to the upper PF on Transformers LE in terms of fun factor.

That's one of the most brutal criticisms that there could be for the mini pf.

#6729 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's one of the most brutal criticisms that there could be for the mini pf.

Yeah, mando is much shorter time, integrated into missions and honestly a lot more fun. I don’t want to sit and play on an upper playfield forever like BKSOR. The Mando le/prem might be one of my favs because of the short play and mission interactions

#6730 2 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

I put my deposit down on May 14th and was told at that time I'd probably be in the 2nd run based on the number of orders my distributor already had and how many they thought that they would get in the initial run. I'm guessing that's still the case because I haven't been contacted with any updates.

#6731 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, mando is much shorter time, integrated into missions and honestly a lot more fun. I don’t want to sit and play on an upper playfield forever like BKSOR. The Mando le/prem might be one of my favs because of the short play and mission interactions

I'm still having trouble getting past level 2 of the 2nd encounter(the 5th stage overall). I realized i should be buying the encounter completion from the foundry instead of saving for extra ball every time.

I'm a upper playfield hater ill admit. I absolutely love the mini on the LE/Pre though. Once you get the timing down it becomes a lot of fun. Its probably my favorite part of the game. The video clips during the encounters and when you complete them are some of the best! Now if Dwight could just take the 2nd encounter rule that locks the playfield in away until the 3rd encounter that would be nice because I always seem to lock it in almost vertical, ugh!

#6732 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Its probably my favorite part of the game.

Wow.

#6733 2 years ago

Not my fault you suck at it, lol!

Really though its all good we cant all like the same stuff. You still got me beat though on GC but only by alittle. I cant seem to break the billion mark yet, probably cause i go for the mini so much or ambush mode. Hitting that scoop ramp over and over feels so good, its my second favorite part of the game.

#6734 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Really though its all good we cant all like the same stuff. You still got me beat though on GC but only by alittle. I cant seem to break the billion mark yet, probably cause i go for the mini so much or ambush mode. Hitting that scoop ramp over and over feels so good, its my second favorite part of the game.

Such a satisfying clunk to that U-turn scoop shot. I agree with you about the upper PF - wait until you get to the miniwizard mode for that.

#6735 2 years ago

Time to get those Mando LE and Premium ratings in...

#6736 2 years ago

Did some own 3d printing with models fom thingiverse. Working on more stuff. Such fun part of the hobby to create these yourself.

16275037716371868450362348330754 (resized).jpg16275037716371868450362348330754 (resized).jpg16275038078192816833458489415525 (resized).jpg16275038078192816833458489415525 (resized).jpg

#6737 2 years ago

Double post

#6738 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:Did some own 3d printing with models fom thingiverse. Working on more stuff. Such fun part of the hobby to create these yourself.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good, do you have the links to the files ?

#6739 2 years ago

This is not the way, broken wire on left flipper. Least I got to change the flipper rubber while it was out. Had a banging score going on too, ended with 866 million new GC.

20210727_192321 (resized).jpg20210727_192321 (resized).jpgIMG_20210727_195216_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20210727_195216_01 (resized).jpg

#6740 2 years ago

My premium is sitting at my distributor waiting for me to pick it up. It's a 4hr drive, but supposedly my GnR is arriving any day so I am waiting, but not sure if I can hold out....first world problems.

#6741 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

You better not say the magnet is the third most favorite thing about the game.

#6742 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

You better not say the magnet is the third most favorite thing about the game.

LOL, Its definitely not at all. Something needs done to make it more fun like being able to control the magnet with the action button during the child award or think outside the box when it comes to how lanes are used possibly but no i dont think its fun. I will say if it wasnt there like the Pro I would miss it though since im use to it now but man does it need some code work to make it more fun there. Also more of a slow power to the magnet would create a more force like not the super strong whip around it does now.

#6743 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

LOL, Its definitely not at all. Something needs done to make it more fun like being able to control the magnet with the action button during the child award or think outside the box when it comes to how lanes are used possibly but no i dont think its fun. I will say if it wasnt there like the Pro I would miss it though since im use to it now but man does it need some code work to make it more fun there. Also more of a slow power to the magnet would create a more force like not the super strong whip around it does now.

Would still like to see it used as a “Herman style” ball lock for a little two-ball Multiball of some kind!

#6744 2 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

Deposit on premium paid June 16th; I'll be joining the October crew. Sounds like any new orders are pushed out to 2022 at this point, at least through Cointaker.

#6745 2 years ago

Picking up Mando (and JP) this afternoon.

#6746 2 years ago

Hey there! Just got my Mando Premium! I just did an unboxing video! Give it a look!

#6747 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

What I also like are the proportions! That TIE fighter, for instance, is smaller and because it's located at the back, visually looks farther away. As it should! Good job, giving me some ideas!
Where did you get that magnetic set and do they have it for the Premium colors scheme?

yes they do have a Premium version.
https://wizardmod.com/collections/the-mandalorian-star-wars-pinball-mods

98A50F9C-2EFE-41E8-83B2-ECB8C0722CAD (resized).jpeg98A50F9C-2EFE-41E8-83B2-ECB8C0722CAD (resized).jpeg

#6748 2 years ago

Yesssssss!!!!

Just got notified my Pro will be shipping today!

#6749 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Yesssssss!!!!
Just got notified my Pro will be shipping today!

omg!!! have to contact my distro now!

#6750 2 years ago

I hope some new pop caps are right around the corner from a mod maker. The stock ones are horrible!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lansing, KS
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/135?hl=chrislix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.