(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 153.
#6451 2 years ago

The game is awesome but it is also kicking me in the nuts-just put mine on 5 ball. I also adjusted the volume settings and it makes a huge difference in sound quality.

#6452 2 years ago
Quoted from mphizzle:

This is my first pinball I have ever owned and really enjoy the game! However, I am having an issue with one of the scoring mechs. Anytime I use a flipper scoring occurs and one of the red flashers towards Grogu lights up as well. The flasher is at the top left on the playing field. Not sure if it’s a setting or something I can adjust. Any help on how to fix this would be great. High score pic is an example of some unrealistic scoring.
[quoted image]

I had the same problem and contacted stern support there is a little leaf switch under and on the backside of the foundry plastic right underneath that spot light that shines on Grogu chances are the leaf is too close. It’s easy to get out and adjust but I had no idea it was there and that was causing me to add Beskar just by hitting flippers.

59998E56-CAF6-487F-AC28-CF7DE2ADA33C (resized).jpeg59998E56-CAF6-487F-AC28-CF7DE2ADA33C (resized).jpegC42FF3F0-350E-4B65-9D1F-DFD10BF54E3D (resized).jpegC42FF3F0-350E-4B65-9D1F-DFD10BF54E3D (resized).jpegCF2F9ECD-6B52-4095-ACF2-F5BC92DFC49D (resized).pngCF2F9ECD-6B52-4095-ACF2-F5BC92DFC49D (resized).png
#6453 2 years ago

Played for the first time. Love it. Is there a good tutorial video or rule set out? I played a coupe games not knowing what to do but game has great Shots, sounds and light show

#6454 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Having fun modding...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Which figures are those?

#6455 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I had the same problem and contacted stern support there is a little leaf switch under and on the backside of the foundry plastic right underneath that spot light that shines on Grogu chances are the leaf is too close. It’s easy to get out and adjust but I had no idea it was there and that was causing me to add Beskar just by hitting flippers.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My EHOH had the same issue with a couple of the gargoyles. The switches were too close.

#6456 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

game has great Shots

The game has really great shots but for me it is a catch 22 situation. I tend to prefer games with wide open layouts and shots towards the back of playfield. This game has lots of shot combinations and they extend down to center of playfield. Lots of great shots but also lots of risk reward as the close distance causes you to flail to rescue the ball. Really need to slow it down and aim well for shots. The speed of the rejects and the hungry outlanes keep you on your toes. I told one of my friends it reminds me of a mix between Star Wars, Star Trek and Game of Thrones. A deep strategic journey game-perfect for the home environment.

#6457 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Which figures are those?

They are the Disney Mandolrian deluxe figurine set. I like them because they are small with the right scaling and they are really detailed. I tried to decide which ones I wanted to add without going overboard and making it look cheesy. I attached them by screwing a small screw in back of figure with light gauge wire to hold in place(also had to cut off plastic base). They are solid and could take a direct ball hit. The only other mods I am considering now are levitating ball for Grogu and thinking of putting a Hotwheels Slave 1 in front of 2d one on backing of machine.

Disney Mandalorian set (resized).pngDisney Mandalorian set (resized).png

#6458 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The game is awesome but it is also kicking me in the nuts-just put mine on 5 ball. I also adjusted the volume settings and it makes a huge difference in sound quality.

Can you share your volume settings?

#6459 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Can you share your volume settings?

So we did lots of experimenting in the Led Zeppelin owners thread trying to improve sound qualities. I learned a lot and basically used the same settings to enhance the sound on Mandalorian. Under utilities you can go into volume controls,from there I changed my fade to -6 and then turned up the 10 band equalizers all towards the top. Some people prefer the V but I just crank the shit up and it sounds way better. Kept my Led Zeppelin on three ball but so far Mandalorian is a 5 ball game for me. I also gotta say that I am actually enjoying the mini-pf? Really difficult and lots of strategy-not what I was expecting.

#6460 2 years ago

One thing that has pissed me off....

I spent more time trying to clean my mirrored backglass(btw-absolutely stunning) than the entire time it took me to unbox the machine and set it up. The tape that Stern is using to attach the certificate leaves a bunch of sticky ass residue. Had to bust out the Goo Gone and really scrub it and then windex the shit out of it-ok ranting over-Stern if anyone is reading this-please use painters tape or something to attach certificates to custom mirrored backglass.

#6461 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So we did lots of experimenting in the Led Zeppelin owners thread trying to improve sound qualities. I learned a lot and basically used the same settings to enhance the sound on Mandalorian. Under utilities you can go into volume controls,from there I changed my fade to 6 and then turned up the 10 band equalizers all towards the top. Some people prefer the V but I just crank the shit up and it sounds way better. Kept my Led Zeppelin on three ball but so far Mandalorian is a 5 ball game for me. I also gotta say that I am actually enjoying the mini-pf? Really difficult and lots of strategy-not what I was expecting.

Thanks! Yeah the mini-pf is fun and frustrating all at the same time, lol. 3 encounters at 3 levels a piece ensures it will be some time before I conquer that thing!

#6462 2 years ago

Mine luckily didn’t do it on mando. I learned from tmnt to start on the corners and get the full piece started. The last couple it worked on. It’s a pain to clean off for sure

Quoted from pinmister:

One thing that has pissed me off....
I spent more time trying to clean my mirrored backglass than the entire time it took me to unbox the machine and set it up. The tape that Stern is using to attach the certificate leaves a bunch of sticky ass residue. Had to bust out the Goo Gone and really scrub it and then windex the shit out of it-ok ranting over-Stern if anyone is reading this-please use painters tape or something to attach certificates to custom mirrored backglass.

#6463 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

then turned up the 10 band equalizers all towards the top.

I did the fade but I don’t see band equalizer. I see bass and treble gain/frequency.

Where is the equalizers?

#6464 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Where is the equalizers?

Under utilities continue to scroll right and it is under volume setting. Scroll through volume settings until it prompts.

#6465 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Played for the first time. Love it. Is there a good tutorial video or rule set out? I played a coupe games not knowing what to do but game has great Shots, sounds and light show

There's a game/spi/diag/utilities, forgot which menu, adjustment to have tutorials on the LCD screen during attract mode. I thought having that on was factory standard.

#6466 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I’ve played pro and LE
Both play very similar! I’d give Le the nod on upper playfield . But for the money pro is great bang for the buck. If money is no issue LE all day as that back glass is priceless !!!!

I like the wire instead of plastic on the LE as well. I assume it is same for premium

#6467 2 years ago

I look forward to a mod solution for the pop caps. Picky maybe, but that look/text is just ass in relation to the rest of this great art package.

#6468 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I did the fade but I don’t see band equalizer. I see bass and treble gain/frequency.
Where is the equalizers?

I turn the equilizer to off on all Sterns that have the option. I think they sound the best that way with a subwoofer hooked up.

#6469 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I had the same problem and contacted stern support there is a little leaf switch under and on the backside of the foundry plastic right underneath that spot light that shines on Grogu chances are the leaf is too close. It’s easy to get out and adjust but I had no idea it was there and that was causing me to add Beskar just by hitting flippers.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the info, will work on it tonight!

#6470 2 years ago
Quoted from Raiders36:

I like the wire instead of plastic on the LE as well. I assume it is same for premium

A pinside buddy of mine came to play my pro ,
He read all the wire ramps vs. plattic ramps Comments and he commented that plastic ramps were non issue when playing game didn’t even notice them.

#6471 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

He read all the wire ramps vs. plattic ramps Comments and he commented that plastic ramps were non issue when playing game didn’t even notice them.

I definitely agree that they haven't bothered or distracted me or noticeably obstructed my view in the 30 or so games I've probably played on a Pro. But the wireforms on the Premium still look way better from a strictly cosmetic standpoint.

#6472 2 years ago

Apologize the humble self promotion but there's a 10 hour Mando LE stream starting in 30 minutes at https://twitch.tv/dri374

It starts with game coming out of the box and doing some basic mods. Game play should be around three hours in if everything goes according to plan. Set the high score competition with some friends starts around six hours in and will run until the stream ends.

#6473 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Apologize the humble self promotion but there's a 10 hour Mando LE stream starting in 30 minutes at https://twitch.tv/dri374
It starts with game coming out of the box and doing some basic mods. Game play should be around three hours in if everything goes according to plan. Set the high score competition with some friends starts around six hours in and will run until the stream ends.

dri
Can we find this on YouTube after twitch…

I can’t get away to watch but I’m interested in checking in out later. Thx

#6474 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

dri
Can we find this on YouTube after twitch…

One thing he's done is add a washer to the leg leveler to protect the clear coat on the beskar legs.

#6475 2 years ago

Anybody got a premium from cointaker yet?

#6476 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Anybody got a premium from cointaker yet?

I don’t think they’ve received any yet. I’ve only seen the one that was posted here on Pinside, my guess is the distributors will be getting their allotment this week or next week.

#6477 2 years ago

I have fixed both of my bounce out and bounce back issues. The ramp to the upper playfield, and the foundry.

Picked this stuff up on Amazon. Stuck a little square in the foundry scoop where the ball impacts. Also stuck a square on the end of the metal diverter when the ball impacts. This stuff works awesome. That ball stops dead in its track when I hit the ramp now.

It does not have an adhesive backing. So you’ll need to use some sort of double sided tape. I used this 3M stuff that goes on those little wall hangers.

Here is the amazon link for this stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0100M67A4

If you don’t want to spend $20 on this stuff, shoot me a PM. I can mail you enough for what you’ll need for $5.

3A0B5A2A-4BA1-4BAC-9894-DD43F68E3078 (resized).jpeg3A0B5A2A-4BA1-4BAC-9894-DD43F68E3078 (resized).jpeg3B06F704-4128-4CE9-84BF-63CDDB5E05D4 (resized).jpeg3B06F704-4128-4CE9-84BF-63CDDB5E05D4 (resized).jpegED11A364-3FC1-43A5-B396-0B98C6118C67 (resized).jpegED11A364-3FC1-43A5-B396-0B98C6118C67 (resized).jpeg
#6478 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

There's the rule sheet pdf from Stern which is currently updated for 0.97 code - https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Mando-Rule-Sheet.pdf

Also worth checking out the Deadflip videos on either YouTube or Twitch.

#6479 2 years ago

Just made these flipper toppers. They are 3D printed using SLA and the beskar/Damascus steel effect looks great in-person.

Of course, they will be airbrushed and cleared when finished.

Played about 20 games with them attached and no issues came up.

IMG_20210718_223559.jpgIMG_20210718_223559.jpgIMG_20210718_223532.jpgIMG_20210718_223532.jpgIMG_20210718_223538.jpgIMG_20210718_223538.jpg
#6480 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Thanks for the interest. The VOD will be on Twitch for 60 days. I might cut some highlights out and publish on YouTube.

As for any other streamer trying out this format I'd recommend to stay away from it unless ever factor is known going into the stream.

Here's a couple of snags I hit:
- I did not know Stern replaced the metal leg cab brackets with plastic ones, that I couldn't tolerate
- The PinMonk coil fans had a shorted cable harness (I could've check this PRIOR to the stream)
- Scorbit does not yet support Mando, doh.
- Probably a few more things, like the glass absolutely needing anti-rattle tape (the game vibrates like an old car) etc etc

I was more or less 2.5-3 hours off track of what I had anticipated.

Whatever, not sure why I'm ranting in this thread but I learned a lot. The game plays great, we just had right flipper stick on occasion, but that's about it, easy fix!

Anyhow, I made meme after playing both the Pro and the LE. Enjoy!

mando-meme (resized).pngmando-meme (resized).png

PS. For all you folks with broken diverters, my right flipper is set to 185 and everyone tonight could make the encounter shot without any rejects (or broken diverter for that matter), the top of the bubble is just a tad over the top line and pretty much in line with the rest of games. Left flipper is set to 200 and I did not see a single ball fling out of the habit rail. I don't care a rats ass about Brian Eddy saying you can backhand the left ramp because that is just broken.

#6481 2 years ago

The upper playfield is going to be the real blocker for any decent games.

I played the Pro on site last week (860mil) and
completed the Missions mini wizard (Yellow)
got to the Multiball mini wizard (Green) but couldn't complete the mini playfield section despite getting the ball up there regularly during the mb
Only had the first of the the 3 encounter (Red) lights lit.

The last 2 balls were just a complete and utter slog to the mini playfield, scoring virtually nothing as nothing else was lit, to maybe only hit one standup before it drained out. It would be nice if the game awarded you a single standup if you drained out without hitting anything (it would also mitigate against a failed standup target), allowing at least a chance of completion.

The monster mode was good to play and had a bit of fun with that, just to use up the remaining credits.

#6482 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I don't care a rats ass about Brian Eddy saying you can backhand the left ramp because that is just broken.

I was able to backhand both the left and right ramps consistently from a trapped ball on the machine I played on site. Along with scoop. It means pretty much every shot is makeable from both flippers, except the orbits and the U turn. Too easy?

#6483 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I have fixed both of my bounce out and bounce back issues. The ramp to the upper playfield, and the foundry.
Picked this stuff up on Amazon. Stuck a little square in the foundry scoop where the ball impacts. Also stuck a square on the end of the metal diverter when the ball impacts. This stuff works awesome. That ball stops dead in its track when I hit the ramp now.
It does not have an adhesive backing. So you’ll need to use some sort of double sided tape. I used this 3M stuff that goes on those little wall hangers.
Here is the amazon link for this stuff.
amazon.com link »
If you don’t want to spend $20 on this stuff, shoot me a PM. I can mail you enough for what you’ll need for $5.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, this is what I’ve been saying as I used Dynamat Xtreme. Any sound deadener used for car audio will work, the one benefit is that it has adhesive built in but your find looks great.

#6484 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Just made these flipper toppers. They are 3D printed using SLA and the beskar/Damascus steel effect looks great in-person.
Of course, they will be airbrushed and cleared when finished.
Played about 20 games with them attached and no issues came up.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good!

#6485 2 years ago

Has anyone figured out why grogu sometimes grabs the ball and awards the child bonus on the plunge? I still cant figure it out and its not in the rule set.

#6486 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

For all you folks with broken diverters, my right flipper is set to 185 and everyone tonight could make the encounter shot without any rejects (or broken diverter for that matter), the top of the bubble is just a tad over the top line and pretty much in line with the rest of games. Left flipper is set to 200 and I did not see a single ball fling out of the habit rail. I don't care a rats ass about Brian Eddy saying you can backhand the left ramp because that is just broken.

I saw that you installed different flipper rubber. Were they superbands I forget? Is that why you dialed down (superbands vs rubber) the flippers below the 240 recommended by a few others here?

Are you saying that your left ramp got broken like others here? Not sure what you meant by "broken"....

#6487 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Were they superbands I forget?

Yes.

Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Are you saying that your left ramp got broken like others here? Not sure what you meant by "broken"....

I guess this is a two prong problem, sorry for not being clear. I meant the metal diverter that will snap if you have flippers dialed to 255 on a standard pitch game. The other issue, broken ramp entrance, you're probably less likely to subject yourself too with lower flipper strength.

#6488 2 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I was able to backhand both the left and right ramps consistently from a trapped ball on the machine I played on site. Along with scoop. It means pretty much every shot is makeable from both flippers, except the orbits and the U turn. Too easy?

I backhand the U turn/180 ramp all the time also backhand the right ramp easy. Started Ambush mini wizard mode 2x now, sweet mode how the playfield lighting works like Slash mode in TMNT but needs a ball saver for a few seconds at the start.

Also I want the left scoop to have a ball saver for 2 seconds and its in the settings but doesnt work.

#6489 2 years ago

Just got the word that I'm in the October batch for a premium. A little disappointed, but will be worth the wait.

#6490 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I backhand the U turn/180 ramp all the time also backhand the right ramp easy. Started Ambush mini wizard mode 2x now, sweet mode how the playfield lighting works like Slash mode in TMNT but needs a ball saver for a few seconds at the start.
Also I want the left scoop to have a ball saver for 2 seconds and its in the settings but doesnt work.

How close is your right scoop to the playfield when it comes down? Any chance you could take a pic?

#6491 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

How close is your right scoop to the playfield when it comes down? Any chance you could take a pic?

Hope these help. I tried to activate it in settings but that setting doesn't work yet so had to do it mid game so there not the best pics.

20210719_170632 (resized).jpg20210719_170632 (resized).jpg20210719_170700 (resized).jpg20210719_170700 (resized).jpg20210719_170715 (resized).jpg20210719_170715 (resized).jpg
#6492 2 years ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

Has anyone figured out why grogu sometimes grabs the ball and awards the child bonus on the plunge? I still cant figure it out and its not in the rule set.

Have you updated the code to 0.97? The release notes mention a fix for the child being lit when it shouldn't be. I'm wondering if those are the cases this fix was for?

#6493 2 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Just got the word that I'm in the October batch for a premium. A little disappointed, but will be worth the wait.

Better than January, man! That’s where I’m at… I should have known better than to wait around before ordering.

Something to look forward to, at least!

#6494 2 years ago

I got an email that Premiums are hitting Ontario "later this week or early next"

#6495 2 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Quoted from JStoltz:

Better than January, man! That’s where I’m at… I should have known better than to wait around before ordering.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I got an email that Premiums are hitting Ontario "later this week or early next"

Alright, so I take from the above, there are July premiums, October premiums, and January premiums. I guess this is occurring rather than one continuous run…but I really wonder why. Stern must have another game that has a license requirement to be ran or lose the license (possibly Godzilla but my guess is an older game like BM66 or STH). Anyone know the production schedule of what’s going on the line for Stern?

#6496 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Alright, so I take from the above, there are July premiums, October premiums, and January premiums. I guess this is occurring rather than one continuous run…but I really wonder why. Stern must have another game that has a license requirement to be ran or lose the license (possibly Godzilla but my guess is an older game like BM66 or STH). Anyone know the production schedule of what’s going on the line for Stern?

The only thing I had received from my distro was this. Some TMNT Premium maybe? (Where it said NO meant they were out of stock)
image002(1) (resized).pngimage002(1) (resized).png

#6497 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I may be misinterpreting, but this is why I’m expecting January… email received from distributor on June 25, so of course this could change:

“The Mandos have sold so well that they are spreading out the production runs so if we put your name down on one now (premium) then we would still be looking at the first of the year.“

#6498 2 years ago

Just got the call from the freight company, my Premium shows up tomorrow! Thanks Flip N Out! I hope the freight company took good care of it! Day one order.

#6499 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Have you updated the code to 0.97? The release notes mention a fix for the child being lit when it shouldn't be. I'm wondering if those are the cases this fix was for?

I did update to .97 and thought the same thing as you. My wife and I went to play a couple games and I was telling her how grogu shouldnt be doing that on the plunge anymore and she got it her first shot Seems kind of random when it will trigger.

#6500 2 years ago

FWIW, My distributor tells me that my Premium will ship out next week which means I should have in my home by month's end.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lansing, KS
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 19.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, VA
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/130?hl=luckycreature and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.