(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,620 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by brzezicki
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg
5.42 Mandalorian Manual (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 153.
#602 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

And Anakin / Vader are still the same person.

Spoiler Alert!!!!!

#603 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm not getting this game (one SW game for me is enough...and spinoffs don't do much for me), but you guys shouldn't get too down on Lonnie doing code. He worked on STh, and that's a great game. Also, if Brian is working with him on code as well (and he probably will), he'll make sure it's done the way he envisioned it. Looking forward to playing it.

Such an a-hole thing to do. At least wait to see their work before bad mouthing them. Some of these games are not given much development time or have tight restrictions from the license. All these Stern games turn out great and always enjoy playing them. Sometimes they start off kind of dull with early code but that usually gets sorted at some point.

#604 2 years ago

1. Anakin
2. Luke
3. Han (Ep. V)
4. Rey
5. Finn (Ep. VII)
6. Ben (Ep. IX)

#605 2 years ago

After finding out it's not Back To The Future....

Pinside_mrclean_faints (resized).pngPinside_mrclean_faints (resized).png
#606 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Likely NZ since ya'll are ahead in time.

Makes no sense. Lol! If we are “ahead” and release on the 11th, we won’t see anything till 12th...

#607 2 years ago

You guys like my new name?

Formerly Mandelbloom my last name but this just makes sense

#608 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Didn't both avengers le and elvira sig sell out?

Not sure on Avengers did they make all of the LE's? Elvira I wasn't sure they'd made all of the LE's - the SLE's yes I think you are right have sold out.

Quoted from Mando:

who are you?

#609 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Hey! How'd youd change names? Didnt think you could.

#610 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Hey! How'd youd change names? Didnt think you could.

I was formerly known as Underlord.

Hence forth you may refer to me as Petence Peckingpah.

93C79A47-7B57-4E22-83B6-D6EBBE6787AD.gif93C79A47-7B57-4E22-83B6-D6EBBE6787AD.gif
#612 2 years ago

Maybe posted, but do we know who the designer is?

#613 2 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

Are you kiddin us ?

#614 2 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

Same guy that might be doing the code.

#615 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

28C5A8A4-A805-47C3-9B2B-F9CEFF044116 (resized).png28C5A8A4-A805-47C3-9B2B-F9CEFF044116 (resized).png
#616 2 years ago

Not sure on Avengers did they make all of the LE's? Elvira I wasn't sure they'd made all of the LE's - the SLE's yes I think you are right have sold out.

Stern is only making a small run of premiums. SLE, and LE’s are sold out.

#617 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

lol, can't wait to see the abominations people will bolt on to this game!

or what Stern will charge for their plastic lighted plate on top.

#618 2 years ago

Old Town Pinball is taking reservations for Mando pro and prem if you are interested.

#619 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballlady:

Old Town Pinball is taking reservations for Mando pro and prem if you are interested.

I get blind buying the LE, since you risk missing out...but why not wait on Pro/Prem? See it or play it first. No rush.

#620 2 years ago

I think it was after Tron LEs went nuts that everyone started buying every LE they could get their hands on. After Transformers and XM people got burned and we saw that settle down quite a bit. Buying an $8,000+ toy without so much as a picture is the single stupidest thing about this hobby. Sorry.

#621 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I get blind buying the LE, since you risk missing out...but why not wait on Pro/Prem? See it or play it first. No rush.

It's just not the same.

I mean...how excited can Rick and Morty people possibly be about getting a game that's a year old already? Is it still gonna be a thrill when people are getting their Haggis Fathom in 2 years? That's like 6 Stern games from now.

That's why Stern will always be #1 with FOMO. You know you'll get your pro within a couple weeks or your LE shortly thereafter.

#622 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's just not the same.
I mean...how excited can Rick and Morty people possibly be about getting a game that's a year old already? Is it still gonna be a thrill when people are getting their Haggis Fathom in 2 years? That's like 6 Stern games from now.
That's why Stern will always be #1 with FOMO. You know you'll get your pro within a couple weeks or your LE shortly thereafter.

Face palm

#623 2 years ago

So it's Pro... LE... Prem for release? I could've sworn it was Pro/Prem... get Prem feedback and tune LE... then LE. Wrong?

#624 2 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

So it's Pro... LE... Prem for release? I could've sworn it was Pro/Prem... get Prem feedback and tune LE... then LE. Wrong?

Almost always pro, LE premium.

#625 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is it still gonna be a thrill when people are getting their Haggis Fathom in 2 years?

Nice troll, Levi.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#626 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Nice troll, Levi.

This is a Stern thread

#627 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Nice troll, Levi.

Quoted from TheLaw:

This is a Stern thread

Hardly surprising. More surprising that It’s taken this long. Oh, that’s right.....he’s been busy trolling CgC in another thread (that he started).

#628 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I think it was after Tron LEs went nuts that everyone started buying every LE they could get their hands on. After Transformers and XM people got burned and we saw that settle down quite a bit. Buying an $8,000+ toy without so much as a picture is the single stupidest thing about this hobby. Sorry.

Not with this title and most distributors have lists of 50+ people long. Getting one of these is like printing money and the reason we are in this mess is because of everyones FOMO. Even Bill Brandes is buying 2 MandoLE's to flip like GnR CE and he is a millionaire.

The game could eventually drop in price if it sucks but that won't be for a while since early reviews will be biased and the flipping for profit will have been long gone by then. I just can't wait till distributors start charging more then MSRP because they are leaving a shit ton of money on the table. Kaneda doesn't even have room for his GnR CE and is buying one of these to flip.

This is the way.

#629 2 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Even Bill Brandes is buying 2 MandoLE's to flip like GnR CE and he is a millionaire.

Bill gotta eat.

#630 2 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Not with this title and most distributors have lists of 50+ people long. Getting one of these is like printing money and the reason we are in this mess is because of everyones FOMO. Even Bill Brandes is buying 2 MandoLE's to flip like GnR CE and he is a millionaire. The game could eventually drop in price if it sucks but that won't be for a while since early reviews will be biased and the flipping for profit will have been long gone by then. I just can't wait till distributors start charging more then MSRP because they are leaving a shit ton of money on the table.

They should either make 5000 LE or produce 500 LE and jack the Prices to $25 000 and be done with it. We all know where the most expensive versions are going.....deepest pockets.

People buying stuff without even seeing it is just stupid. Like marrying someone you never met, spoke or saw a picture, just doesn’t make any sense.

#631 2 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

They should either make 5000 LE or produce 500 LE and jack the Prices to $25 000 and be done with it. We all know where the most expensive versions are going.....deepest pockets.
People buying stuff without even seeing it is just stupid. Like marrying someone you never met, spoke or saw a picture, just doesn’t make any sense.

When you can buy a game, play it to find out if you like it, then sell it for as much or more then you bought it for, buying sight unseen makes perfect sense to me.

#632 2 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

We all know where the most expensive versions are going.....deepest pockets.

It's also the people with the best connections who get to buy them. This won't even be available to buy online once officially announced. You don't need deep pockets when you know you can sell shortly after and make a few grand. I used to by every NIB so had good connections in the hobby and know how it works. I would get discounts for being a repeat buyer and the more I got the bigger the discount. Distributors get stuck with inventory when a game sucks like WWE so I see no reason why they shouldn't cash in when they have a hot title like Mando.

#633 2 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Like marrying someone you never met, spoke or saw a picture, just doesn’t make any sense.

Not sure I agree... I've seen Mandalorian, I trust Stern's products (for the most part), and if I'm okay with GOTG's "a-boobooli-boobooli-bo..." I'll be fine with with whatever Stern produces here. Disney is a stickler for good license representation and Eddy makes awesome pins.

#634 2 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

I would get discounts for being a repeat buyer

Agreed 100%. Get to know your distro, be a repeat/loyal customer and it pays off in moments like this.

#635 2 years ago

Hahahha love that one !!!

And if you want to change it you just have to ask Robin ... there was a link . That said I am sure if he is inundated with requests that may end .

My last name is very unique so I always just use it , but then anyone who searches my name sees all my hobbies and such . I once had someone start asking me pinball questions in job interview lol

So decided this name fit . I shall use this handle going forward !

#636 2 years ago

In regards to getting an LE I think if you have done business with someone in the past and bought several LEs then yeah they will give you a shot to continue that . Let’s see what happens last few games you could get an LE in the first few hours at least .

Do you need the LE no , will the LE hold its value ? Maybe .

I am a player and collector so I am ok with the slight premium for the LE but wouldn’t buy it from a scalper .

#637 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

After finding out it's not Back To The Future.... [quoted image]

Pumped for this game... honestly I have no interest in bttf. 1st movie is fine I suppose. I get its now a cult classic and its aged fine. The 2nd movie has aged like shit and both sequels arnt great movies. They are ok movies at best for me. I dont even really like the pinball fx version. Happy to save money on that one and get my LE Mando.

#638 2 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Divorce is a lot more expensive than selling a game you don't like! That might be the worst analogy I've seen in quite awhile. I'm not typically an LE buyer and I'm not going to become one to make a few bucks. Nevertheless, in today's market, LE's appear to be a no-brainer for flipping.

#639 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Pumped for this game... honestly I have no interest in bttf. 1st movie is fine I suppose. I get its now a cult classic and its aged fine.

Cult classic? It’s a perfect film, highly mainstream & widely beloved.

#640 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Divorce is a lot more expensive than selling a game you don't like! That might be the worst analogy I've seen in quite awhile. I'm not typically an LE buyer and I'm not going to become one to make a few bucks. Nevertheless, in today's market, LE's appear to be a no-brainer for flipping.

I personally just prefer LEs for my personal use because I hate installing stuff. If it already comes w/ shaker, side armor, side art etc installed, I'd rather just get the tier that has that all ready to go. I always mess some crap up installing simple stuff like this. My hands were for gaming not installing!

#641 2 years ago

ha, cult classic.
2nd BTTF is fantastic, but it's Biff's flick for sure.

#642 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's just not the same.

You get the latest-and-greatest, PLUS you can sell it in a year at a nominal loss.

You're basically renting NIB games for around $100 a month. That's cheaper than renting from some local amusement company...they'll charge you like $250 a month for a shitty, routed FishTales!

#643 2 years ago

Seems like it’s very hard to get an LE for this one. I am supposed to be locked in if I want one but anyone else hearing the same? The guy I get my pins from usually has a couples Les but not this time. I am taking his so luckily he isn’t a fan

#644 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Seems like it’s very hard to get an LE for this one. I am supposed to be locked in if I want one but anyone else hearing the same? The guy I get my pins from usually has a couples Les but not this time. I am taking his so luckily he isn’t a fan

I am unable to source an LE. Everyone is sold out that I’ve talked to. Also not interested in buying a scalped LE.

#645 2 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

I am unable to source an LE. Everyone is sold out that I’ve talked to. Also not interested in buying a scalped LE.

What’s a scalped le?

I guess I am lucky to lock in with one but curious what you’re talking about?

#646 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

What’s a scalped le?
I guess I am lucky to lock in with one but curious what you’re talking about?

He’s talking about someone reselling for a profit.

#647 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

He’s talking about someone reselling for a profit.

Oh, yeah, That sucks for sure. I’ve been fortunate to be able to find Les on the last couple releases for standard prices. The only one we have kept is tmnt. Lz and aiq we just didn’t like enough for an le but I sold them for a Min loss. I’m excited to get mando. I wanted to love Star Wars stern but I couldn’t. I loved everything about it except the play. I’m hoping this is a home run being a huge SW fan

#648 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#649 2 years ago

I’m definitely in on this! Pro at first and then jump to Premium if the upper playfield is worth it. When I heard hand drawn art I was so pumped!

19DE9536-17D3-4433-8F4B-F33DDD0CCCDC (resized).jpeg19DE9536-17D3-4433-8F4B-F33DDD0CCCDC (resized).jpeg
#650 2 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Sold out without seeing what this pin looks like or sounds or whatever....next step is sold out whatever the theme (just need my drug)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leominster, MA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
8,240 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Frankfort, IL
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.