(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,620 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by brzezicki
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg
5.42 Mandalorian Manual (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 153.
#6251 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

If anyone finds a better spherically shaped, chrome plastic orb to go in its place I’m interested. I thin a 1” ball would also work well for relation to his hand size.

You could 3D print one, light fill.

#6252 2 years ago

I’m also having issues with rejects on the right orbit with child kit. I have an LE though. So the ball hits the up post and dribbles back down the right orbit, instead of being diverted to the child magnet. Doesn’t happen every time, but a good clean shot will make it happen. Super annoying. Especially since that shot it pretty tight. Getting punished for a good shot drives me nuts.

They did make a different post for Metallica. I think it was metal. Seems counter intuitive, but that actually dampened the force better. I think it was a thinner post in Metallica than it is in Mando though. I’d have to check. I believe I actually may have a spare metal one lying around. Now I know what I need to do tomorrow.

Anyone else running into this? Any other ideas and fixes for it?

#6253 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’m also having issues with rejects on the right orbit with child kit. I have an LE though. So the ball hits the up post and dribbles back down the right orbit, instead of being diverted to the child magnet. Doesn’t happen every time, but a good clean shot will make it happen. Super annoying. Especially since that shot it pretty tight. Getting punished for a good shot drives me nuts.
They did make a different post for Metallica. I think it was metal. Seems counter intuitive, but that actually dampened the force better. I think it was a thinner post in Metallica than it is in Mando though. I’d have to check. I believe I actually may have a spare metal one lying around. Now I know what I need to do tomorrow.
Anyone else running into this? Any other ideas and fixes for it?

It's not the post on my machine, it is that ball guide causing hangups.

IMG_20210707_131036__01.jpgIMG_20210707_131036__01.jpgIMG_20210707_181926__01.jpgIMG_20210707_181926__01.jpgIMG_20210707_181953__01.jpgIMG_20210707_181953__01.jpg

#6254 2 years ago

Mando is in the house

20210713_121301 (resized).jpg20210713_121301 (resized).jpg
#6255 2 years ago

Mine has also arrived. Really beautiful machine.

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-13 at 12.31.30 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-07-13 at 12.31.30 (resized).jpeg

#6256 2 years ago

Finally got caught up on printing, so I was able to run the rest of Moff Gideons Light cruiser. And this thing is epic huge, there's still a lot of work to be done on this one and I have no clue on pricing but I would probably guess that it will be a limited run for them. I know there will be questions on site lines, I'm 6ft and the only issue I the right target next to the upper flipper.

I will report back when I have it dialed in 100%

20210713_070123 (resized).jpg20210713_070123 (resized).jpg20210713_070129 (resized).jpg20210713_070129 (resized).jpg20210713_070501 (resized).jpg20210713_070501 (resized).jpg

file (resized).jpgfile (resized).jpg
#6257 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Finally got caught up on printing, so I was able to run the rest of Moff Gideons Light cruiser. And this thing is epic huge, there's still a lot of work to be done on this one and I have no clue on pricing but I would probably guess that it will be a limited run for them. I know there will be questions on site lines, I'm 6ft and the only issue I the right target next to the upper flipper.
I will report back when I have it dialed in 100%
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Seems like a Pro model mod only as the rotating (pitching) playfield will impact it?

pitch (resized).jpgpitch (resized).jpg
#6258 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Seems like a Pro model mod only as the rotating (pitching) playfield will impact it?[quoted image]

Yes this will be a pro only

#6259 2 years ago

Two problems on my Le. The large bulb pointing to grogu keeps falling out.

2, when shooting to upper playfield, nearly 50% of the shorts bounce and come right back.

Any help?

#6260 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

2, when shooting to upper playfield, nearly 50% of the shorts bounce and come right back.
Any help?

There should be a metal bracket that holds the flasher in..... possibly it's not tight enough or not even present

#6261 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Any help?

Drop of super glue on the base of bulb between the metal prongs and let it get tacky before install and use the least amount possible. The metal holder just isnt working on that bulb, im not sure if its the shaker or the magnet or what but no matter what that holder wasnt holding the bulb in.

Put foam anti bounce tape on the ball stop, wrap the diverter with felt tape and turn right flipper power down to 245 should get you close to 90% of the bounce gone.

DID YOU PULL THE BALL GUIDE AROUND THE RIGHT RAMP AREA? This is number one thing to do before even playing a game unless you like chipped playfields.

Also turn the trough VUK down to 176 or whatever the minimum your machine will go and still kick balls out properly. Lets keep these LEs in mint condition.

#6262 2 years ago

It's on! Please come backseat drive with that patented pinside vibe. Sunday noon Pacific.

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 10.09.30 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-07-13 at 10.09.30 AM (resized).png

#6263 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Drop of super glue on the base of bulb between the metal prongs and let it get tacky before install and use the least amount possible. The metal holder just isnt working on that bulb, im not sure if its the shaker or the magnet or what but no matter what that holder wasnt holding the bulb in.
Put foam anti bounce tape on the ball stop, wrap the diverter with felt tape and turn right flipper power down to 245 should get you close to 90% of the bounce gone.
DID YOU PULL THE BALL GUIDE AROUND THE RIGHT RAMP AREA? This is number one thing to do before even playing a game unless you like chipped playfields.
Also turn the trough VUK down to 176 or whatever the minimum your machine will go and still kick balls out properly. Lets keep these LEs in mint condition.

I heard about this. Cano someone give clear instructions on what to do? Thanks in advance!

#6264 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I heard about this. Cano someone give clear instructions on what to do? Thanks in advance!

Which part the ball guide?

#6265 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

What do you mean exactly by “pull the ball guide on the right ramp”? Also I have been getting a lot of rejects at the scoop. Particularly from the right flipper. Any suggestions? Thanks

#6266 2 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

What do you mean exactly by “pull the ball guide on the right ramp”? Also I have been getting a lot of rejects at the scoop. Particularly from the right flipper. Any suggestions? Thanks

Yes. I’m eager to hear this too about the ball guide.

I got a few rejects out of the scoop from the right. Probably lower flipper power and/or check playfield level? ( I know mine is off, having too much play time)

#6267 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Yes. I’m eager to hear this too about the ball guide.
I got a few rejects out of the scoop from the right. Probably lower flipper power and/or check playfield level? ( I know mine is off, having too much play time)

Check the guide if the edge is resting on the playfield raise it up to avoid chipping the playfield.

#6268 2 years ago

Ok will do thanks.

Has anyone heard of the proper level for the playfield? I currently have mine at 6.75

#6269 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/stern-the-mandalorian-pro/ratings

People flagging reviews that are critical of the game and starring ones that praise it is so cringe. Just people trying to reinforce the notion that they spent a small fortune correctly through group-think

#6270 2 years ago

Just as cringe as people that vote it a 10 or zero with a two word comment attached to it.

#6271 2 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Put washers under these circled guide posts.

On the scoop are you talking the foundry? If so a small piece of felt tape on the scoop would probably help but i havent really had much rejects since i backhand that shot.

mando ball guide (resized).jpgmando ball guide (resized).jpg
#6273 2 years ago

I just checked Stern’s website, looks like they haven’t done any code updates in 3 months. All their focus must be on new games.

#6274 2 years ago

Interested to see that Dank Farrik Frenzy mode!

#6275 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Interested to see that Dank Farrik Frenzy mode!

Yes exactly what i was going to post! Cant wait to try it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6276 2 years ago

Here's the release notes for 0.97 Prem/LE.

The PRO release notes are the same except for the couple of fixes for the mini playfield movement.

I'm not sure why "SNEAKY SKILL SHOT was not showing the correct title on the display." is in the Prem/LE release notes though as I thought that feature is only on the Pro?

LE/PREMIUM V0.97 - JULY 12, 2021
================================
Fixed:
- Fixed some spelling errors.
- Fixed Scope background text error.
- Fixed the DEFAULT GAME MODE order of text selections
- SNEAKY SKILL SHOT was not showing the correct title on the display.
- Fixed some text that referred to the RIGHT SCOOP
- Fixed THE CHILD being lit when it should not be.
- Fixed a case where the mini-playfield would not move to the correct
place after JETPACK MULTIBALL
- Fixed the Mini-Playfield not moving to where it should go in a
multi-player game.

New:
- Moved/Removed some adjustments from the Standard adjustment menu to the
Feature Adjustment menu to improve the consistency of the features. The
adjustments that moved are: GAME MODE ON START, PLAYER GAME MODE,
PLAYER CHALLENGE MODE, PLAYER_COOPERATION MODE, COMPETITION MODE
- Added DEFAULT GAME MODE and PLAYER GAME MODE to the COMPETITION install.
- DEFAULT GAME MODE set to COMPETITIVE
- PLAYER GAME MODE set to NO
- Added main shot audits.
- Added I LIKE THOSE ODDS DIFFICULTY adjustment. This has 3 settings EASY,
MEDIUM and Hard. Medium is the default.
- This will change the number seconds you have during your PHASE 4 Frenzy.
- Added to difficulty installs and therefore to IMPOSSIBLE/MONSTER PLAY.
- Added MISSION COMBO scoring. Indicated by flashing YELLOW and CYAN, shoot
the next shot in sequence quickly for higher scores.
- Added a Razor Crest Hurry up feature.
- Added a Feature to the Foundry: QUESTION MARK
If there is a place in the array of choices and the question mark can award
something, the game will add a "?" to the list of things to trade for.
- The QUESTION MARK will always cost 100 Beskar.
- If you trade for the QUESTION MARK the game will start randomly, and
quickly moving the current choice around between all the possible
choices. Where it stops is the item you will receive.
- You can use the ACTION BUTTON to stop the moving award.
- Itconsistanceys possible to get a FOUNDRY ITEM that was too expensive.
- If it stops back on the QUESTION MARK you will receive a random
QUESTION MARK AWARD:
- LIGHT AMBUSH
- START HUNTER
- START DANK FARRIK FRENZY MULTIBALL
- LIGHT ALL THREE +1X PLAYFIELD MULTIPLIERS
- LIGHT CHILD
- Added DANK FARRIK FRENZY TWO-BALL MULTIBALL
- Can only start from the Foundry Question Mark.
- Added Ball Save Adjustment. Including adding it to Difficulty Installs.
- Added RAZOR CREST HURRY-UP. The Hurry-Up will start after the 1st and 2nd
Multiball. To complete hit the Razor Crest target 3 times.
- Shooting the center ramp will add to the base hurry up values.

Tweaked:
- Award display effects for MISSIONS, RAZOR CREST MULTIBALLS and WIZARDS are
now able to be blown off.
- Scope will only allow one set of awards per Wizard mode.
- Changed how many Bonus multipliers you get from the skill shot from +1X to
+2X.
- MISSION complete display effects now run immediately instead of waiting for
award effects.
- Improved the text alignment on SPINNER AWARD text box.
- Raised the super pops scores a bit
- Raised the default High scores.
- Polished several areas of the game.
- Removed flipper killing scope display effects.
- Improved some audit and adjustment names.
- Changed Accuracy in Encounters. Now all hits and misses contribute for all
three levels of an Encounter. Before it was just the Bonus Level.
- Tweaked some shaker motor levels.

Moved to system 2.79 -
Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.73.0

#6277 2 years ago

How many months out to get a NIB Mando Premium from a distributor currently?

#6278 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

How many months out to get a NIB Mando Premium from a distributor currently?

#6279 2 years ago

Best part. Tweaked some shaker motor levels.

Thanks Dwight and team! Looking forward to trying it out! Looks like a juicy update.

#6280 2 years ago

Any idea if they are going to do a larger first run of Premiums than usual due to demand? I ordered through a distributor a couple months ago and was told then I might not make the cut for the first run due to the number of orders they already had.

#6281 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Here's the release notes for 0.97 Prem/LE.

They fixed a couple of things I reported to the Stern bugs email. "Fixed some text that referred to the RIGHT SCOOP" was one of them (there's no right scoop on the Pro) and a spelling error for "Launchs the ball". Nice to see.

#6282 2 years ago

I'm guessing by the time I get my Premium, code will have evolved a bit and some fixes made during production.

Seems like this game was well born and is already viewed as being one of the more successful games Stern has produced over the years. Congrats on getting the LE you peeps, I'm just glad I could land a Premium!

#6283 2 years ago

Anyone have the quick guide for upgrading Stern machine code? My first Stern and at 0.96 currently when I get it tomorrow.

#6284 2 years ago

Anyone have the quick guide for upgrading Stern machine code? My first Stern and at 0.96 currently when I get it tomorrow.

Right at the top of the readme file.

#6285 2 years ago

This is NOT the way.
This why you always inspect the box before you sign for a delivery. Carriers should be more careful when you pay that much for delivery. Now we wait, unbelievable.
To be continued.

20210713_143034 (resized).jpg20210713_143034 (resized).jpg20210713_143411 (resized).jpg20210713_143411 (resized).jpg20210713_143610 (resized).jpg20210713_143610 (resized).jpg20210713_222646 (resized).jpg20210713_222646 (resized).jpg
#6286 2 years ago

Booooooo! Sorry to hear!

#6287 2 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

This is NOT the way.
This why you always inspect the box before you sign for a delivery. Carriers should be more careful when you pay that much for delivery. Now we wait, unbelievable.
To be continued.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That sucks, so sorry!!

#6288 2 years ago

Oh man, sucks

#6289 2 years ago

Dang man. That sucks!

#6290 2 years ago

Aw man……that’s horrible.

#6291 2 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

This is NOT the way.
To be continued.

Did you refuse delivery or just have the driver write it up?

#6292 2 years ago

Did you refuse delivery or just have the driver write it up?

Refused and wrote why on the paperwork

#6293 2 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

Refused and wrote why on the paperwork

That's what you needed to do. Not even my game, but I feel for you man..! So close..

#6294 2 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

This is NOT the way.
To be continued.

Grab a sharpie, slap the leg on, and you’re good to go!

I’m kidding dude. That sucks bad. No worries though. Stern will get you your game. Nice job inspecting the box and refusing delivery! Whew! Close one!

#6295 2 years ago

Box got hacked and opend under shipping
Link to Mando LE unboxing video:

#6296 2 years ago

Link to Mando LE unboxing video:

#6297 2 years ago

I have heard several people saying their LED bulb is falling out of the socket by Grogu, and I thought I would share my fix. What I do for loose LED's is use a small piece of clear scotch tape that sticks to side of socket and then half way to center of LED. No glue or permanent fixes, sometimes I will try and bend the wire leads out-but that usually does not work. Scotch tape works well and you do not see it.

#6298 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

- If it stops back on the QUESTION MARK you will receive a random QUESTION MARK AWARD:
- Added DANK FARRIK FRENZY TWO-BALL MULTIBALL
- Can only start from the Foundry Question Mark.

Ugh.

#6299 2 years ago

I like the idea of the question mark award but I hope the chances of it landing on a higher priced item are low or else why wouldn't you just pick it every time?

#6300 2 years ago

Mando LE in the house!

Mando LE Delivered 071421 (resized).jpgMando LE Delivered 071421 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/126 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.