(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,620 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by brzezicki
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg
5.42 Mandalorian Manual (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 153.
#6201 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Also, how does The Foundry get lit up? This is so incredibly valuable (imo)to progress to wizards.

Collect enough beskar to be able to buy something

#6202 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Thanks for having us over to play!
I had a really good first impression of it. I haven’t generally been into Dwight’s games, but I think this one really balances approachability & depth really well. Shots, flow and combos felt really nice - although there are a few things that I hope can be dialed in, like some fast shots that bounce a bit on the exit rather than a predictable path to the flipper. The shots that lead the ball to exit down the middle are a bit obnoxious, as it was 90% STDM. Feels like there should be an Avatar spring somewhere there to keep that from happening.
The moving Mando head playfield is really cool. The shifting gravity & physics keep you on your toes, and it’s really addicting to keep trying to get it back up there to complete Encounters. The multiball that uses the upper playfield is awesome.
Another unexpected feature was the ability to control the Grogu magnet with the flippers & the choreographed shaker FX. Really feels like the machine is being controlled by The Force.
Sound & music are incredible. Custom callouts are great. I feel like it could still use some more voice clips from the show, but in some places that’s definitely used well. I was in a Darth Chicken mode, and every time you made shots, he was saying stuff in that very distinctive voice.
LE is gorgeous. The armor is super smooth and feels great. The mirrored backglass is one of the best I’ve seen. So much mirroring instead of just a few bits or lines. Congrats to you LE peeps getting your games right now. Enjoy!

Thanks for coming over Greg. I think we were all pleasantly surprised and impressed with the quality of this game, art, assets, features, code and overall feel. Having owned just about every WMS title and a large number of Sterns over the last 20+ years I would say that this game feels the most solid and Bally/Williams like of of them all. There is a heft and density to this game that makes it feel and shoot like a tank. Flippers are strong and smooth.

I didn't notice quite as many SDTM drains as you mentioned I'd be interested to see a redirection spring potentially. More gameplay is needed to decide. Also being on my wood floor I had to anchor the game with grippy rubber feet so perhaps nudging ability is reduced a bit.

The game was an overall SMASH HIT with the dozen or so pin collector friends that joined us. The best part of pinball.

IMG_7206D (resized).jpgIMG_7206D (resized).jpgIMG_7212 (resized).JPGIMG_7212 (resized).JPGIMG_7217 (resized).jpgIMG_7217 (resized).jpg
#6203 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Also, how does The Foundry get lit up? This is so incredibly valuable (imo)to progress to wizards.

I think you have to tickle Grogu’s tummy till his arm goes up to open the store. Pretty sure that’s it.

#6204 2 years ago

So exciting to see photos and hear everyone’s reviews of the LEs. The color of the armor matches artwork quite nicely. Can’t wait to get mine next month! (Just noticed Kevin’s nice touch of the black bolt heads for the legs.)

#6205 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

So exciting to see photos and hear everyone’s reviews of the LEs. The color of the armor matches artwork quite nicely. Can’t wait to get mine next month! (Just noticed Stern’s nice touch of the black bolt heads for the legs.)

Mine did not come that way it has the standard stainless leg bolts. I do like the look of the black ones though!

#6206 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

So exciting to see photos and hear everyone’s reviews of the LEs. The color of the armor matches artwork quite nicely. Can’t wait to get mine next month! (Just noticed Stern’s nice touch of the black bolt heads for the legs.)

That was my game with the black bolts. I installed those instead of the factory chrome bolts.

#6207 2 years ago

Quick mod in progress.

EC0E3910-695B-41EF-9FC5-4010F8CB6466 (resized).jpegEC0E3910-695B-41EF-9FC5-4010F8CB6466 (resized).jpeg
#6208 2 years ago

There was a guy on here that took apart one of the moving Grogu and said he could potentially make it work with the game. Any progress with that?

#6209 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Can you do the “sneak in” to the PF on the LE? Wasn’t sure if it laid flat until a ball enters.

Yes you absolutely can. I’ve done it multiple times.

#6210 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

He talking about where you can short plunge and sneak it in the mini area on pro but thats not possible on the LE since the mini is at a angle until start a mode that uses it and also its completely lifted away from the playfield at all times so its not possible.

#6211 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

How do you sneak into the upper playfield from plunge??

#6212 2 years ago

So far lots of positive feedback on Mando LE. Really looking forward to playing it.

#6213 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So far lots of positive feedback on Mando LE. Really looking forward to playing it.

Gameplay is addictive and it isn't the honeymoon period speaking either. I caught myself just hitting the u turn/scoop shot for what seemed like 5 minutes straight, such a satisfying shot.

The upper playfield speaks for itself - worth every penny to upgrade to.

#6214 2 years ago

So what is the actual game acronymn for this, Mando?

#6215 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

He talking about where you can short plunge and sneak it in the mini area on pro but thats not possible on the LE since the mini is at a angle until start a mode that uses it and also its completely lifted away from the playfield at all times so its not possible.

Quoted from P1nhead:

How do you sneak into the upper playfield from plunge??

Ah. I must have missed the part about sneaking it in on a “plunge”. You can sneak it in from a slow rolling ramp shot.

#6216 2 years ago

Update .....time , this will go into our league machine this week for test. Should easily see 100 plays this week. I will follow then, also for pricing I'm trying work it out, it's a pretty tedious to paint and tie on the ropes

20210711_233455 (resized).jpg20210711_233455 (resized).jpg
#6217 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Update .....time , this will go into our league machine this week for test. Should easily see 100 plays this week. I will follow then, also for pricing I'm trying work it out, it's a pretty tedious to paint and tie on the ropes
[quoted image]

Roasted marshmallows. Looks good!

#6218 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image]

Looks great! Any idea what price you’re going to charge?

#6219 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

So what is the actual game acronymn for this, Mando?

SWM?

#6220 2 years ago

If The Shadow is TS, The Mandalorian could be TM I guess but that is Time Machine. TMN? or Mando works...

#6221 2 years ago

If The Shadow is TS, The Mandalorian could be TM I guess but that is Time Machine. TMN? or Mando works...

MDO seems like a good fit. Sounds like mando.

#6222 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image]

Looks great! I’d be down for one. I’d also be open to purchasing it unpainted and paint myself to save you time.

#6223 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

There was a guy on here that took apart one of the moving Grogu and said he could potentially make it work with the game. Any progress with that?

Yes. waiting on my LE to arrive. should be here end of this week or next week.

Then we will post a video of an interactive Grogu.

#6224 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image]

Very nicely done

Are you planning on selling this mod?

#6225 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image]

These look absolutely fantastic. I'm really curious how well they hold up in real world play. When I played the pro last week I had a few balls hop The Rail where these are going to mount and ended up back in the shooter Lane during multi-ball. It may be an area that takes some abuse.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6226 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

These look absolutely fantastic. I'm really curious how well they hold up in real world play. When I played the pro last week I had a few balls hop The Rail where these are going to mount and ended up back in the shooter Lane during multi-ball. It may be an area that takes some abuse.

Yeah this is the big question, I'm putting one in our league machine to see how it goes.also trying to figure out a way to reinforce the sakes

#6227 2 years ago

Having spent a few days now with my LE, I can tell this pin will take lots of tuning. Finding the perfect level and flipper power, will need tweaking. Otherwise all your encounter shots will bounce back. In addition, I never get a clean plunge around the orbit because the back post pops up every time. I don't believe this is normal and likely a code issue.

#6228 2 years ago
Quoted from DangerzoneArcade:

In addition, I never get a clean plunge around the orbit because the back post pops up every time.

Don't you have to hold the left flipper for a super skill shot full plunge? Haven't played Mando in a couple weeks so my memory could be foggy.

#6229 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

trying to figure out a way to reinforce the sakes

If they were pined.
Basically a nail up thru stake.
If you could print them hollow and insert a nail or metal pin Up thru bottom with rubber cement I believe that would keep them from snapping off.

#6230 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

If they were pined.
If you could print them hollow and insert a nail or metal pin Up thru bottom with rubber cement I believe that would keep them from snapping off.

Imbedding it in block of clear lexan and internally lighting it would be cool. Could even make it look like a static sand storm in the lexan.

#6231 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

If they were pined.

Yeah I was thinking using a finishing nail or something like that

#6232 2 years ago
Quoted from DangerzoneArcade:

Having spent a few days now with my LE, I can tell this pin will take lots of tuning. Finding the perfect level and flipper power, will need tweaking. Otherwise all your encounter shots will bounce back. In addition, I never get a clean plunge around the orbit because the back post pops up every time. I don't believe this is normal and likely a code issue.

Having a similar issue with rejects and skill shot. I need to understand it better. I think the skill shot (not super) is to plunge gently enough to go under the post and get to the child magnet? I did it once on accident.

#6233 2 years ago

When you plunge the lights above the CHILD lanes are bouncing left to right and back - the skill shot (or at least one of them) is to do a plunge short enough to have the ball go through one of the lanes and to do so while it is lit. I have been able to get it a few times but nudging just right to control the timing of the ball.

#6234 2 years ago

Imbedding it in block of clear lexan and internally lighting it would be cool. Could even make it look like a static sand storm in the lexan.

Cool idea but doesn’t help strengthen the stakes.

#6235 2 years ago

I helped a buddy set up his LE tonight and wow that backglass Is F’n awesome !

A22FF2DF-25D4-448E-A6DE-65570FF6E694 (resized).jpegA22FF2DF-25D4-448E-A6DE-65570FF6E694 (resized).jpeg
#6236 2 years ago

Is there a code bug in the pro? Child is lit in both orbits. Shoot the right orbit and the post comes up and knocks the ball back into the encounter playfield, which is dark. Why does this happen? Sorry if I missed in the 125 pages, searched, but couldn't find it. I'm on 0.96 code

#6237 2 years ago
Quoted from angus:

Is there a code bug in the pro? Child is lit in both orbits. Shoot the right orbit and the post comes up and knocks the ball back into the encounter playfield, which is dark. Why does this happen? Sorry if I missed in the 125 pages, searched, but couldn't find it. I'm on 0.96 code

Probably not supposed to. Common for those posts to bounce the ball way too far away unfortunately.

#6238 2 years ago

chuckwurt Well it should either not be lit in the right orbit, or the post shouldn't come up. Hope we get some bug fixes soon.

#6239 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I helped a buddy set up his LE tonight and wow that backglass Is F’n awesome !
[quoted image]

Would love to see someone do a beskar colored speaker panel cover.

#6240 2 years ago

Update on this.I used a standard pinball and mounted it to the Child’s hand with a pretty small piece of a product called “Alien Tape” which is a spongy and extremely sticky double-sided tape. It’s also removable. I got it on Amazon.

I did this as a test while I locate a better option than a heavy pinball. I will say that after a day and a half and quite a few games (with shaker) it’s still stuck solid. I’m actually quite surprised.

If anyone finds a better spherically shaped, chrome plastic orb to go in its place I’m interested. I thin a 1” ball would also work well for relation to his hand size.

Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Quick mod in progress.
[quoted image]

#6241 2 years ago
Quoted from angus:

chuckwurt Well it should either not be lit in the right orbit, or the post shouldn't come up. Hope we get some bug fixes soon.

How will the ball ever feed the top lanes if it doesn’t come up?

#6243 2 years ago

Update on this.I used a standard pinball and mounted it to the Child’s hand with a pretty small piece of a product called “Alien Tape” which is a spongy and extremely sticky double-sided tape. It’s also removable. I got it on Amazon.
I did this as a test while I locate a better option than a heavy pinball. I will say that after a day and a half and quite a few games (with shaker) it’s still stuck solid. I’m actually quite surprised.
If anyone finds a better spherically shaped, chrome plastic orb to go in its place I’m interested. I thin a 1” ball would also work well for relation to his hand size.

If you can get Grogu to do that Harlem Globetrotters one hand roll over the back shoulder to the other hand move that'd be impressive!

1:54

#6244 2 years ago

What about a small plastic christmas ornament?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6245 2 years ago

chuckwurt Softer covering on the post to get less bounce. I've never had it go in the lanes from the right. What do I need to do? reduce flipper power? interesting question.

#6246 2 years ago
Quoted from angus:

chuckwurt Softer covering on the post to get less bounce. I've never had it go in the lanes from the right. What do I need to do? reduce flipper power? interesting question.

I’d try reducing flipper power. I just played a stock pro and it fed the lanes the couple times I hit the right orbit. But yeah I suggest something to cover the post to dampen the force. Also there may be a different post option that helps.

Didn’t they make one for MET? It had the same issues.

#6247 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image]

Nice!!!!!

#6249 2 years ago

Also found these. The 20mm Size might be an option, and it looks like these don't have visible seams like most of the ornaments do...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097DGDWHP/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1

#6250 2 years ago

I've seen those. Was hoping for a solid beskar colored one, no background graphics. That would look sharp. Kind of like the Star Trek LE had.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Highland, UT
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/125?hl=medic7000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.