(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 153.
#6151 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Can someone post the brand and model number of the new "shield" speakers?

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-aIRY1vqdAma/p_777P52B/Sound-Ordnance-P-52B.html

#6152 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Yeah it's pretty cool man ...imo , still need to add more texture on the base
[quoted image][quoted image]

Can’t wait to see the finished product! Looks awesome!

#6153 2 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

I have different speakers than the others i see pics of here, Does anyone know why? My speaker has a shield in the middle. I received
#444 today

Mine too.

#6154 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Anyone else getting these tech alerts? Not sure what it means. Everything seems to work fine. [quoted image][quoted image]

Just a wild guess is the upper PF flippers don’t have EOS switches but the code thinks they do.

#6155 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

X-wing miniature Tie Fighter?!? I gotta see it

Yep. The tie fighter is the perfect size.

The Slave One ship…..um….I mean Boba Fett Starship is going to be placed near the large support post near the right ramp to help cover it. Both of them are really detailed.

Now just waiting on my Mando premium.

7DC703F0-3EB7-451A-A02C-79C241CB0F0B (resized).jpeg7DC703F0-3EB7-451A-A02C-79C241CB0F0B (resized).jpegEC1B055E-0EE9-48C9-96EE-96758046F25F (resized).jpegEC1B055E-0EE9-48C9-96EE-96758046F25F (resized).jpeg
#6156 2 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

The Slave One ship…..um….I mean Boba Fett Starship
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"f1cd179d552a8efc75ece9e1191ba8ca4ed22aa2-1625929703-1800"};
//]]>

is going to be placed near the large support post near the right ramp to help cover it. Both of them are really detailed.
Now just waiting on my Mando premium.[quoted image][quoted image]

Brilliant!

#6157 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Just a wild guess is the upper PF flippers don’t have EOS switches but the code thinks they do.

That’s what I was thinking. Can someone else with an LE confirm they get these tech alerts?

3661BE85-8567-4DD2-A963-D0564DA2D07F (resized).jpeg3661BE85-8567-4DD2-A963-D0564DA2D07F (resized).jpegC646609A-F7E5-4081-9AA5-AD7FA1F44112 (resized).jpegC646609A-F7E5-4081-9AA5-AD7FA1F44112 (resized).jpeg
#6158 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

That’s what I was thinking. Can someone else with an LE confirm they get these tech alerts?

What happens when you press Select and test it?

#6159 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

What happens when you press Select and test it?

Good question. I’ll look and see if they even have EOS switches.

#6160 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Good question. I’ll look and see if they even have EOS switches.

Yep mine says it too.

20210710_115042 (resized).jpg20210710_115042 (resized).jpg20210710_115050 (resized).jpg20210710_115050 (resized).jpg
#6161 2 years ago

I thought it might have something to do with the EOS override for the mini pf left flipper auto cradle to feed multi-balls. BUT, surprising that the right flipper has the issue as well.

#6162 2 years ago

from his cousin pinball...

1 (resized).jpeg1 (resized).jpeg

#6163 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

[quoted image]

I need this! Great idea!

#6164 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

[quoted image]

Nice! Can you show a pic of the entire playfield so I can tell the size alittle better please. Also where did you get it?

#6165 2 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

The Slave One ship…..um….I mean Boba Fett Starship is going to be placed near the large support post near the right ramp to help cover it. Both of them are really detailed.
Now just waiting on my Mando premium.[quoted image][quoted image]

Love this idea! Went ahead and ordered the same ones from Amazon.. they’ll have to sit and wait until my premium is made in 2022 though.

Already feel like I’m gonna have a stack of mods just piled up and waiting by the time I take delivery. Gonna be a long 6+ months!

#6166 2 years ago

@to you guys

30 pics : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ec6nihae3i1nlwo/AAAKN8t1W7FG_PItzIfJP2zea?dl=0
30 more : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cu0oq8f72ilww3b/AACFthFcrju_k88q1XdEkYG4a?dl=0
last ones : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hz17onh2b9fvudt/AABvq4Z6HQcT_rTKXCxF2z8Ka?dl=0

and sorry, can reply more as its was already there from a previous owner (tribute to you Bjorn)

edit : he's member here, but long time not seen... may be you can PM him, he's a nice guy >>> Brandaris

#6167 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Yep mine says it too.

Cool. Thanks for checking into that!

#6168 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Cool. Thanks for checking into that!

No problem anytime! Dwight knows to so im sure he will get it figured out on one of the upcoming code updates. He also knows about the mini playfield bug where if you start a encounter after multiball sometimes the mini stays vertical.

#6169 2 years ago

I really wish they would code in an option to turn off the mini playfield flippers until the opto up there is tripped when a ball enters.

I can’t remember who talked about it from Stern, but they said the reason they left those to always flip was because if that opto failed at a location, those upper flippers would never be on. They are right. But why not put an option in the settings to have them turn off until the onto is hit. They could leave the default to “mini pf flippers always on”. Then us home owners could switch it to only after the opto is tripped.

Makes sense to me. I would love to see this in a code update. I’ve already been cleaning flipper coil dust off the playfield under the mini Pf.

#6170 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I really wish they would code in an option to turn off the mini playfield flippers until the opto up there is tripped when a ball enters.
I can’t remember who talked about it from Stern, but they said the reason they left those to always flip was because if that opto failed at a location, those upper flippers would never be on. They are right. But why not put an option in the settings to have them turn off until the onto is hit. They could leave the default to “mini pf flippers always on”. Then us home owners could switch it to only after the opto is tripped.
Makes sense to me. I would love to see this in a code update. I’ve already been cleaning flipper coil dust off the playfield under the mini Pf.

Good idea! I also have dust under mini i cleaned up when i put Cara decal on. I also went over every screw on the entire game. The minis silver head philips were super loose compared to the rest of the game. The left one was about to fall out. I also had to glue the Grogu spotlight in because it kept falling out no matter what i did to the holder.

#6171 2 years ago

Got and setup my LE last night - played a dozen games or so, got around 500M without knowing what the hell I was doing. Felt like a good score, probably isn't.

First impressions:

- Everything works great so far, no issues at all. Never had a ball fall off the rails. I set the pitch at 7 since I like my games fast and furious and it feels perfect to me, every shot is doable. I don't think I would like it any slower.

- Early days, of course, but the game is super fun from the get go. Many SSSs (Seriously Satisfying Shots). Feels like a perfect blend of flow and strategy - the foundry and the UPF are paced really well IMO. I was also pleased to see that the foundry loading is essentially instantaneous (once you skip the first clip), much better than in early videos.

- Damn this machine looks GOOD! Love the art, side armor, the glossy powercoating, the back glass, that light show! Love everything, really... one of the best looking Stern LEs yet, in my opinion.

So far so good - now it's time to dive into the rules so I can understand how I got that good score and then never get it again...

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#6172 2 years ago

Good idea to go over a lot of the screws… on my LE at least on the top of the playfield I found several that were loose holding on plastics etc. really really loose in fact. Also my right wire form return slid completely off of the post and that was loose after one game. Wouldn’t be Pinball if something didn’t need to be tightened!

So far I love the game and I feel like I don’t need to MOD anything much I’m sure there will be a lot of stuff upcoming but I’ve currently only done the speaker lights and the Lermods green Grogu flasher. Highly recommend that one it looks great in the back left corner.

#6173 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Good idea to go over a lot of the screws… on my LE at least on the top of the playfield I found several that were loose holding on plastics etc. really really loose in fact. Also my right wire form return slid completely off of the post and that was loose after one game. Wouldn’t be Pinball if something didn’t need to be tightened!
So far I love the game and I feel like I don’t need to MOD anything much I’m sure there will be a lot of stuff upcoming but I’ve currently only done the speaker lights and the Lermods green Grogu flasher. Highly recommend that one it looks great in the back left corner.

I was thinking no mods except the foundry scoop light. I'll look at that one.

#6174 2 years ago

In the first Twitch stream, Mando Premium, the bulb near Grogu kept falling out and rolling down the playfield. Is this still an issue?

#6175 2 years ago

In the first Twitch stream, Mando Premium, the bulb near Grogu kept fall out and rolling down the playfield. Is this still an issue?

Yes, happen to me alot so i glued it in.

#6176 2 years ago

What is the version of the code on the shipped LE?

#6177 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

What is the version of the code on the shipped LE?

0.96 I think

#6178 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Good idea! I also have dust under mini i cleaned up when i put Cara decal on. I also went over every screw on the entire game. The minis silver head philips were super loose compared to the rest of the game. The left one was about to fall out. I also had to glue the Grogu spotlight in because it kept falling out no matter what i did to the holder.

My Grogu spotlight fell out twice.

#6179 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

[quoted image]

Very nice!! Where do you get this?

#6180 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

My Grogu spotlight fell out twice.

I just put a small dab of glue on the bulb and waited alittle to make sure it wouldn't drip on game then installed it. Hasn't fallen out anymore. Not sure why that one wants to pop out over and over the holder seems like it's in the right spot.

#6181 2 years ago

So LE owners, how is the upper playfield? Worth the upgrade to a premium over the pro? Right now I don’t think so, but I only played a pro. I would imagine having two flippers can one helps a lot, but the upcharge seems a lot for it plus a magnet and wire form ramps.

#6182 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So LE owners, how is the upper playfield? Worth the upgrade to a premium over the pro? Right now I don’t think so, but I only played a pro. I would imagine having two flippers can one helps a lot, but the upcharge seems a lot for it plus a magnet and wire form ramps.

Played both and Very glad I went with the LE (or moving upper playfield). Adds an additional challenge and for me I want to enjoy a game with all the designer envisioned. Really a fun feature.

#6183 2 years ago

I set up my LE today and I will say there’s absolutely no comparison to the pro. Pro is a fun game no doubt but the Pre/LE upper pf, ambush scoop and wireforms take it to another level.

#6185 2 years ago

Do you really think that a LE owner will tell you that it's not an upgrade even if it's the case

#6186 2 years ago

The upper playfield is addictive on the LE. I find myself shooting for it constantly its so fun. Plus the up post after the exit of the mini I dont believe the Pro has that lets you see some of the best assets in the game. The diverter ramp that is used for super jackpot is so slick and makes that shot great feeling when you hit it. It switches from inner loop to 180 ramp so quick and is a great moment in the code anytime the diverter flasher is flashing. Magnet wise if it wasnt there would feel weird when you shoot the child reward orbits but it could use some code work for how its powered and possibly a type of mini game when grogu grabs the ball then uses action button in a child mode of some type.. Wire forms wise i havent had any balls fall off them at all but the upper mini diverter rejects bugged me alot. I ended up putting on felt tape on the round part of diverter and anti bounce foam tape on the actual ball stop and powered the left flipper down to 240.

I sorta feel Eddie did small throwback to Shadow with the interesting and differnet kind of gameplay upper playfield and the diverter while not controlled by the player is still there and probably best Eddie could do with Stern BOM. Really the game almost feels split with the shots all being mid playfield and then the mini and child area. The mini is coded great with some small bugs but grogu could use something to make that area more fun. Something fresh and new on how lanes are played would set that area apart and make it so much more fun just by adding the action button or alittle thinking out of the box . I mean come on it takes up the entire left corner and has two orbit inserts, a magnet on some, give us a good reason to shoot there.

Is the Premium worth the upgrade over Pro, 100% yes i think so. The premium upper mini being so different and having so much more going on plus the 180 ramp diverter shot feeling so great makes a easy choice for home buyer. Is the LE worth the upgrade over Pro probably not initially but the LE will hold value where the Pros wont once theres a ton out there. Is the LE worth the extra over the Premium, yes and no. The powder coat is nice and the mirror backglass is best in awhile but the playfield colors match the premium cabinet more.

#6187 2 years ago
Quoted from November:

Do you really think that a LE owner will tell you that it's not an upgrade even if it's the case

Works both ways.

#6188 2 years ago

Can you do the “sneak in” to the PF on the LE? Wasn’t sure if it laid flat until a ball enters.

#6189 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Can you do the “sneak in” to the PF on the LE? Wasn’t sure if it laid flat until a ball enters.

Nope

#6190 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

The upper playfield is addictive on the LE. I find myself shooting for it constantly its so fun. Plus the up post after the exit of the mini I dont believe the Pro has that lets you see some of the best assets in the game. The diverter ramp that is used for super jackpot is so slick and makes that shot great feeling when you hit it. It switches from inner loop to 180 ramp so quick and is a great moment in the code anytime the diverter flasher is flashing. Magnet wise if it wasnt there would feel weird when you shoot the child reward orbits but it could use some code work for how its powered and possibly a type of mini game when grogu grabs the ball then uses action button in a child mode of some type.. Wire forms wise i havent had any balls fall off them at all but the upper mini diverter rejects bugged me alot. I ended up putting on felt tape on the round part of diverter and anti bounce foam tape on the actual ball stop and powered the left flipper down to 240.
I sorta feel Eddie did small throwback to Shadow with the interesting and differnet kind of gameplay upper playfield and the diverter while not controlled by the player is still there and probably best Eddie could do with Stern BOM. Really the game almost feels split with the shots all being mid playfield and then the mini and child area. The mini is coded great with some small bugs but grogu could use something to make that area more fun. Something fresh and new on how lanes are played would set that area apart and make it so much more fun just by adding the action button or alittle thinking out of the box . I mean come on it takes up the entire left corner and has two orbit inserts, a magnet on some, give us a good reason to shoot there.
Is the Premium worth the upgrade over Pro, 100% yes i think so. The premium upper mini being so different and having so much more going on plus the 180 ramp diverter shot feeling so great makes a easy choice for home buyer. Is the LE worth the upgrade over Pro probably not initially but the LE will hold value where the Pros wont once theres a ton out there. Is the LE worth the extra over the Premium, yes and no. The powder coat is nice and the mirror backglass is best in awhile but the playfield colors match the premium cabinet more.

The horseshoe scoop being so satisfying is great to hear; I think that’s about 75% of what pushed me towards the premium over the pro. Love when SJP’s have tactile feedback and “feel” special.

Same with the up-post on the drain for the upper playfield (and the upper playfield itself)— those “moments” are what seem to get guests the most excited to play another game and that’s a big draw for me as a buyer.

#6191 2 years ago

Anyone else having issues with the ball hitting the upper PF stop/catch and bouncing backwards down the ramp? Almost all of my hits get rejected that way.

#6192 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

I set up my LE today and I will say there’s absolutely no comparison to the pro. Pro is a fun game no doubt but the Pre/LE upper pf, ambush scoop and wireforms take it to another level.

Thanks for having us over to play!

I had a really good first impression of it. I haven’t generally been into Dwight’s games, but I think this one really balances approachability & depth really well. Shots, flow and combos felt really nice - although there are a few things that I hope can be dialed in, like some fast shots that bounce a bit on the exit rather than a predictable path to the flipper. The shots that lead the ball to exit down the middle are a bit obnoxious, as it was 90% STDM. Feels like there should be an Avatar spring somewhere there to keep that from happening.

The moving Mando head playfield is really cool. The shifting gravity & physics keep you on your toes, and it’s really addicting to keep trying to get it back up there to complete Encounters. The multiball that uses the upper playfield is awesome.

Another unexpected feature was the ability to control the Grogu magnet with the flippers & the choreographed shaker FX. Really feels like the machine is being controlled by The Force.

Sound & music are incredible. Custom callouts are great. I feel like it could still use some more voice clips from the show, but in some places that’s definitely used well. I was in a Darth Chicken mode, and every time you made shots, he was saying stuff in that very distinctive voice.

LE is gorgeous. The armor is super smooth and feels great. The mirrored backglass is one of the best I’ve seen. So much mirroring instead of just a few bits or lines. Congrats to you LE peeps getting your games right now. Enjoy!

#6193 2 years ago
Quoted from DangerzoneArcade:

Anyone else having issues with the ball hitting the upper PF stop/catch and bouncing backwards down the ramp? Almost all of my hits get rejected that way.

I lowered flipper power to 240 and it happens much less often now. Thinking about putting a thin foam strip up there on the diverter.

#6194 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Played both and Very glad I went with the LE (or moving upper playfield). Adds an additional challenge and for me I want to enjoy a game with all the designer envisioned. Really a fun feature.

Appreciate the feedback, thanks!

Quoted from November:

Yeah I definitely thought that lol.

Quoted from Phbooms:

Great reply. Definitely pushed the needle closer to the premium for me. Too bad no e shipping till next year. Yeah the premium and even the pro artwork matches the playfield better. I like the pro artwork, but don’t care for the plastic ramps.

#6195 2 years ago

Patiently waiting for my Premium to come in.

#6196 2 years ago

Finally had decent game, reached both mini wizard modes and they’re both spectacular.
On the missions mini wizard, you’re required to hit only a few lit shots, once completed you go up a level. I think I got to level three and drained.
Definitely want to go back and see how far I can progress.
The multiball mini wizard is flipping fantastic! Very intense!

Anybody know how you get the extra balls? I get them but have no idea how I got them. Lol.

#6197 2 years ago

Also, how does The Foundry get lit up? This is so incredibly valuable (imo)to progress to wizards.

#6198 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Anybody know how you get the extra balls? I get them but have no idea how I got them. Lol.

Listed here in this thread in earlier posts.

1. Grogu mystery award.
2) 3 or 5 missions completed.
3) Buy with Beskar.
4) If replay award is configured.

#6199 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Also, how does The Foundry get lit up? This is so incredibly valuable (imo)to progress to wizards.

Can you elaborate? There is a foundry light at some point? I ask because there are some foundry light mods, wonder if that negates some gameplay.

#6200 2 years ago

Can you elaborate? There is a foundry light at some point? I ask because there are some foundry light mods, wonder if that negates some gameplay.

Foundry insert lights up on the playfield when ready.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lansing, KS
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/124?hl=november and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.