(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

7 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,477 posts
  • 798 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Dahawk007
  • Topic is favorited by 199 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 426 votes
    44%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    21%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(961 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

12C92E26-53C8-4374-A367-32DF9043F893.gif
22C25D51-C4BF-4E56-93B7-E72F8BADA927 (resized).png
E915B358-12C9-436D-8AF8-8E0C38675E1E (resized).png
C9A560EC-287F-4670-9675-6DECF4EE8A53 (resized).png
giphy.gif
Crane Kick.gif
thumbs up. (resized).jpg
MB (resized).jpg
Tie Fighter Mod 1 (resized).jpg
Tie Fighter mod (resized).jpg
IMG_5623 (resized).jpg
IMG_5624 (resized).jpg
IMG_5622 (resized).jpg
D552F2B5-C68E-4001-81F4-9E4D7F86B508 (resized).jpeg
Mezel Mods foundry scoop light (resized).jpg
20211004_170546 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,477 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 150.
#6101 4 months ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Had a chance to play this again last night. The visibility of the shots on the right is a problem due to the plastic ramps. The encounter playfield is low and behind so much stuff that my kids would have a difficult time seeing it. I want to like this machine but to me, these issues detract from the enjoyment of the game.

Sounds like your kids needs to try a Prem/LE. Yesterday my 11 yr old was in the upper mini and looked at me and said "I love this game". I didn't think I'd like the mini myself but damn is that fun. The added diverter is so slick when it does it on the 180 ramp that I can't see not having that feature. Even the magnet if it wasn't there now would seem weird.

#6102 4 months ago

Number 106 reporting in safely home! got the grey T moulding on and magnet art. Pretty excited!!

2EB389AB-E380-4C03-B8AF-ABA52A61F14F (resized).jpegB2CBEC0A-FFB2-4A99-B301-949639D0E4B3 (resized).jpeg
#6103 4 months ago

Any suggestions on what pinballs should be used with the Premium/LE, regarding the pf magnet?

#6104 4 months ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Any suggestions on what pinballs should be used with the Premium/LE, regarding the pf magnet?

Titan standard shiny pinballs will work great in all games.

#6105 4 months ago

Has anybody heard any updates about premium deliveries?

#6106 4 months ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Number 106 reporting in safely home! got the grey T moulding on and magnet art. Pretty excited!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wizardmod panels? Those look great!

#6107 4 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The magnet can be pretty crazy powered. It threw the ball up over the ramp yesterday. Dwight should power it down to a crawl to mimic Grogu slowly pulling the ball with the force and possible add in some control with the action button letting the ball go when your over the lane you want the ball to go down to award you. Also Dwight if your here(i know your watching) the shaker is terribly to powerful. Every shake is full power even at minimum setting. Calm it down and make it build up. Also theres moments where all the playfield lights are off except the mini playfield that needs some work.

#6108 4 months ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

Has anybody heard any updates about premium deliveries?

I was told i may get mine in next two weeks

#6109 4 months ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

The magnet can be pretty crazy powered. It threw the ball up over the ramp yesterday. Dwight should power it down to a crawl to mimic Grogu slowly pulling the ball with the force and possible add in some control with the action button letting the ball go when your over the lane you want the ball to go down to award you. Also Dwight if your here(i know your watching) the shaker is terribly to powerful. Every shake is full power even at minimum setting. Calm it down and make it build up. Also theres moments where all the playfield lights are off except the mini playfield that needs some work.

You can report this stuff straight to Stern:

[email protected]

#6110 4 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is there an aftermarket product, if I remember properly there is, that de-gausses the balls while they are in the trough?

#6111 4 months ago

Is there an aftermarket product, if I remember properly there is, that de-gausses the balls while they are in the trough?

Not that I’m aware of. There’s a plastic shim for WPC games that helps cover any pits in the trough. This would not be needed for new games.

#6112 4 months ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Agree on the shaker. I turned it off completely.

#6113 4 months ago

Cara here. Also here is the cabinet speaker, I'm not sure if it's also different then some other LEs like my backbox speakers.

20210709_151356 (resized).jpg20210709_151421 (resized).jpg20210709_151526 (resized).jpg
#6114 4 months ago

You can report this stuff straight to Stern:
[email protected]

Dwight is here reading/following so its much easier for him to see stuff here specific to his game then go through whatever happens at Stern i feel. Plus I've reported bugs before there even with videos of issues and no response where I've chatted with Dwight now a few times here and on streams so i just find it easier for him to notice by posting here.

#6115 4 months ago

Man I really like that Cara Dune sticker. I just can't bring myself to pay $7.50 for shipping. Maybe I'm a cheap ass. I never like it when people over charge on shipping. Instead of paying $15 for the sticker and $7.50 for shipping, I'd pay $20 for the sticker and $2.50 for shipping.

It's a mental thing for me. Ok, maybe I'm nuts. Or does it really cost $7.50 to ship a sticker now?

#6116 4 months ago

+1 on the shaker. Dwight, please turn that bad boy down. It's crazy town. I love me a shaker, but that thing is a little hot. Otherwise, you coded a great game. I'm loving what I'm seeing so far!

#6117 4 months ago

Would that Cara Dune sticker get torn up pretty quickly or is it worth it?

#6118 4 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Man I really like that Cara Dune sticker. I just can't bring myself to pay $7.50 for shipping. Maybe I'm a cheap ass. I never like it when people over charge on shipping. Instead of paying $15 for the sticker and $7.50 for shipping, I'd pay $20 for the sticker and $2.50 for shipping.
It's a mental thing for me. Ok, maybe I'm nuts. Or does it really cost $7.50 to ship a sticker now?

They send a set of flipper decals along to. Not really my cup of tea but was a nice addition Tilt tossed in.

#6120 4 months ago

Would that Cara Dune sticker get torn up pretty quickly or is it worth it/the cleanup?

It's same material as side art blades I think so I'm not sure how well it will hold up really. It's a easy install though, just take the 2 screws out and pull the metal lane to do it. Pre punch the holes in decal before trying to put the screws back in so it don't wrinkle.

#6121 4 months ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Dwight is here reading/following so its much easier for him to see stuff here specific to his game then go through whatever happens at Stern i feel.

Always use the email. It will get to the right spot. Never expect a response, but they see it. It’s easy for them to track bugs if they are all sent that way. Including video is best. If not, the most detailed description of how it happened that you can.

#6122 4 months ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Dwight is here reading/following so its much easier for him to see stuff here specific to his game then go through whatever happens at Stern i feel. Plus I've reported bugs before there even with videos of issues and no response where I've chatted with Dwight now a few times here and on streams so i just find it easier for him to notice by posting here.

Knowing how this works in practice because I have the same type of software job, using the general email will allow anyone on Dwight's team to pick it up and take a look at it as well. Always more effective to do that than send correspondence straight to an individual, even if it is the lead person. Your input will result in a customer case in their trackable system. Multiple reports of the same issue by others will most likely escalate the issue at Stern.

#6123 4 months ago

I’m pretty sure I saw Grogu move but that’s between him and I. Here’s my speakers and what they look like since we were on the topic.

B1E1867F-F080-4A4A-B3E2-49745F42F2FC (resized).jpeg
#6124 4 months ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Stern should have gone grey from the factory. Looks AWESOME!

#6125 4 months ago

Le arrived today. See pic one before playing. Pic 2 after three balls it cracked. Filed a ticket. Anyone know what stern is doing to fix this major issue?

42DBB543-5A62-4C97-819F-159568290D43 (resized).jpegD5E575F0-0B94-4933-810F-7D2D5AFF2D90 (resized).jpeg
#6126 4 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Le arrived today. See pic one before playing. Pic 2 after three balls it cracked. Filed a ticket. Anyone know what stern is doing to fix this major issue?

you should be able to file a warranty claim and they will send you new piece. My friend had a Zep LE where the metal ramps with misaligned welds and they sent us new ones

#6127 4 months ago

LE#170 being shipped to me on Monday!
Thanks JJ!

#6128 4 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

That had to have happened during test play at factory?

#6129 4 months ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

That had to have happened during test play at factory?

Yes there was four games played before shipping. Was a hairline crack at the metal post and then when I played three games I split in half. This is a known issue with all models so check your machines. The plastic has to be reinforced and metal extended longer or this will just happen again. No way to fix but replace the entire long plastic ramp.

#6130 4 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Yes there was four games played before shipping. Was a hairline crack at the metal post and then when I played three games I split in half. This is a known issue with all models so check your machines. The plastic has to be reinforced and metal extended longer or this will just happen again. No way to fix but replace the entire long plastic ramp.

I wonder if the steepness of the ramp takes more direct ball strikes than a normal ramp position.

#6131 4 months ago

I hope the ramp and diverter issues are fixed by the time I want to order this winter...

#6132 4 months ago

Love this forum, Pinside in general. I have not even taken delivery yet and know what I need to do to prevent some issues from posters here. Thanks!

#6133 4 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image]

2 left even, 1 for each foot!

#6134 4 months ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Is this the a magnet that would then preclude one from using Ninja balls? Never understood if it was all magnets, certain types, amount used on pf, etc.

#6135 4 months ago

Mando LE 94 in the house. Very fun to play. I haven’t taken the time to properly level and everything yet (short on time) but very fun.

Like others, I am getting rejects off the diverted. I’ll adjust flipper power.

I had two different games where the ball got trapped by the rotating upper playfield! Looks like a problem spot. And ball search didn’t think to move the upper pf. It eventually gave up and served up another ball. It’s a glass off issue right now.

43887613-5024-4E2A-BEF0-D209528A1139 (resized).jpeg4C8504C9-1358-4B16-8ABB-D23575070744 (resized).jpeg7F415F00-E5BF-4B5E-B9AA-DAA1A22EF7D2 (resized).jpeg8BFAE5DF-F60F-469A-8114-806A98F84DE2 (resized).jpeg9CE7C5A6-F788-4D67-B581-90403DC887F6 (resized).jpegD47065EE-5E0E-40AC-BCBB-95D72F19A7F7 (resized).jpegF86BB6E7-DEDB-4A40-A6BF-9407D6388A38 (resized).jpeg
#6136 4 months ago

Love this forum, Pinside in general. I have not even taking delivery yet and know what I need to do to prevent some issues from posters here. Thanks!

Truer words have never been spoken.. this will be my first NIB ( going with the pro, looks like October delivery) purchase and the insights from the Ops,buyers and people that have just flipped a few games on this have gone a long way towards me finally pulling the trigger. Still at the end of the day it was being able to spend a few hours playing the LE and the pro side by side on Monday. Because of this thread I'm already eyeing alot of wonderful mods and plan on installing the metal rails before I ever flip my first game on mine. Thanks pinside. This is the way.

#6137 4 months ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Turned down the flipper power to 240 for right and left flippers, no issues with bouncebacks when hitting the diverter for the upperplayfield staging anymore... still able to rip all the shots otherwise.
The foam is a good idea as well (maybe would help with the broken diverters by absorbing/redistributing the impact of the shots more).

What does the upper pf diverter look like? Is that the one that keeps breaking?

#6138 4 months ago

Anyone know what Stern is doing about the left ramp cracking issue? Are they supplying a thicker ramp or ramp with a better ramp protector or just replacing the ramp as-is?

#6139 4 months ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

LE#170 being shipped to me on Monday!
Thanks JJ!

My LE #180 is being shipped from JJ Monday as well. Congrats! Thanks again JJ!

#6140 4 months ago

#374 dropped! Will stream unboxing, some mods and play for a full day on 7/18! Stay tuned.

IMG_20210709_143825_420 (resized).jpg

#6141 4 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Yeah it's pretty cool man ...imo , still need to add more texture on the base

Dayum diddy, now this mod I like!!! Would definitely be interested in this mod once it gets painted and textured. Put me down for one brutha.

Still contemplating the Beskar mod. Do you have an updated photo of the finished product? Also reason I ask is because I’m going to somehow mount one of those X-wing miniatures Tie Fighter above the spinner to the left of that scoop and I don’t want it to look too cluttered, but I really like your mod because it sets up the shot well.

#6142 4 months ago

The le’s look great. I’ve been playing a pro for the past two weeks. The game is amazingly fun. It’s great for a casual player. You can have good long games and enjoy yourself! Lots of multiballs and cool rules. Can be challenging at times! Can’t wait to get mine and mod the crap out of it!

#6143 4 months ago

I have different speakers than the others i see pics of here, Does anyone know why? My speaker has a shield in the middle. I received
#444 today

#6144 4 months ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

I have different speakers than the others i see pics of here, Does anyone know why? My speaker has a shield in the middle. I received
#444 today

Your speakers have shields in the middle because they are cooler than mine! Stern just switched speaker manufacturers at some point. No biggy. I like those better than the kenwoods.

#6145 4 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Your speakers have shields in the middle because they are cooler than mine! Stern just switched speaker manufacturers at some point. No biggy. I like those better than the kenwoods.

For awhile it has seemed that the Kenwood KFC-1366s have been getting harder to find. It's weird they would make a very viable change like that mid run on an LE game. It seems that if they didn't have enough of one model to do the whole 750 LE run....they would have held the older model for replacements or something.

Can someone post the brand and model number of the new "shield" speakers?

#6146 4 months ago

Is anyone else getting crazy feedback from their speakers when the up/down scoop is activated and holding?

#6147 4 months ago

Anyone else getting these tech alerts? Not sure what it means. Everything seems to work fine.

C4C78B40-E1E6-46F3-BAAB-26F8D3E2C5A6 (resized).jpegCD1A8A3C-E772-4DD8-9E62-FE64A4EF13C0 (resized).jpeg
#6148 4 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What does the upper pf diverter look like? Is that the one that keeps breaking?

Yup. I'll post a close up later

In the interim Cara is back...

Not sure I like the beskar flippers, thoughts?

IMG_20210709_192726.jpgIMG_20210709_192746.jpg
#6149 4 months ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Dayum diddy, now this mod I like!!! Would definitely be interested in this mod once it gets painted and textured. Put me down for one brutha.
Still contemplating the Beskar mod. Do you have an updated photo of the finished product? Also reason I ask is because I’m going to somehow mount one of those X-wing miniatures Tie Fighter above the spinner to the left of that scoop and I don’t want it to look too cluttered, but I really like your mod because it sets up the shot well.

X-wing miniature Tie Fighter?!? I gotta see it

#6150 4 months ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

For awhile it has seemed that the Kenwood KFC-1366s have been getting harder to find. It's weird they would make a very viable change like that mid run on an LE game. It seems that if they didn't have enough of one model to do the whole 750 LE run....they would have held the older model for replacements or something.
Can someone post the brand and model number of the new "shield" speakers?

Sound Ordnance™ P-52B

There are 7,477 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 150.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside