(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 153.
#501 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

We were hooked from the very first episode. The music, the story, the characters…it’s everything SW should be. I particularly wanted to watch the last episode today to get me hyped up for this pin release. I feel that The Force is strong with Stern now…this will be a modern-day T2 and set records for them.

it is funny you said that because I literally just thought the same thing. no other pin did that since T2 and I think this is it because it is a pin for everybody!!!

#502 2 years ago

I'm looking forward to more details. I'm also hoping it turns out not to be Dwight on code - not for the normal hater reasons, but just so we get something completely different code-wise than the existing SW. Not that he isn't capable of variety, and I've come to really like SW now owning one, but... I hope Eddy has an exciting fresh design, excited to see what they've done.

#503 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I'm looking forward to more details. I'm also hoping it turns out not to be Dwight on code - not for the normal hater reasons, but just so we get something completely different code-wise than the existing SW. Not that he isn't capable of variety, and I've come to really like SW now owning one, but... I hope Eddy has an exciting fresh design, excited to see what they've done.

^ yes x 1000

#504 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Is he any good?It’s weird he has two first names,I don’t think we can trust him!

He's got the best hair in pinball design!

#505 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

I noticed that the artwork on the Mando page in Disney+ is now a hand-drawn piece. To me it looks very pinball artwork-ish. Could they be showing a bit of the actual artwork from the machine? That would be some deep marketing integration, for sure!

The artists names are attached to those pics so no

#506 2 years ago

We can expect a more detailed teaser by Friday.

#507 2 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

Can't wait to see how many idiots buy this sight unseen based on theme then bitch about code, art, flow and pooling.
Cue the flame war in 3, 2, 1...

^ Calling number one bitch ^.

#508 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

To be fair, isn't every LE sold out instantly these days? Till a month later when it turns out they aren't?
Maybe I'm off on that but you guys would know!

True last game that I think truly sold out was IMDN - but I think the force is strong on this game

#509 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

True last game that I think truly sold out was IMDN - but I think the force is strong on this game

Didn't both avengers le and elvira sig sell out?

#510 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I'm looking forward to more details. I'm also hoping it turns out not to be Dwight on code - not for the normal hater reasons, but just so we get something completely different code-wise than the existing SW

If Stern really feels they have big one here, it has to be Lyman on code. No one else would make sense.

#511 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

^ Calling number one bitch ^.

Agree! Biatch is a much better term than dick head

#512 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

If Stern really feels they have big one here, it has to be Lyman on code. No one else would make sense.

I think it’s going to be a huge hit.

When people were speculating the title over in the next Stern pinball thread this was one of the most spot on comments.

Quoted from bigehrl:

as an operator, if i have a machine that has a Baby Yoda on it, I might as well install an ATM machine on the coin door.

People will come out of the woodwork to play this on location. Not to mention all the pent up anxiety to get out and do something right now.

#513 2 years ago

Kaneda was right

#514 2 years ago

Imagine they run a commercial for the Mando pinball machine on all Star Wars related content on the Disney channel as part of the license deal.

#515 2 years ago

Me and my sons are ready ! So happy about that...hope this game will be a killer...and hope the pro will do the work too

Mando (resized).pngMando (resized).png
#516 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Gina better be in it.

I hope so too! Regardless of what happened on her own time....

#517 2 years ago

That lady who plays bo-Katan is freaking hot both in show and real life hope they also incorporate her

She can put me in a headlock any time she wants

#519 2 years ago
Quoted from November:

Me and my sons are ready ! So happy about that...hope this game will be a killer...and hope the pro will do the work too
[quoted image]

Awesome razorcrest ship you have there. Did you make that?

Sooo happy that Brian Eddy is doing this pin. The man worked magic on MM, Shadow and AFM and I heard Stranger Things is pretty good (although I have never played one yet). If he keeps with tradition, there will be a huge something in the middle of the playfield and I'm hoping it's Mando's ship The Razorcrest.

Can't wait to see the layout and looks of this pin. Plus I know many of our favorite modders out there will make some awesome mods for this pin.

This is the way.

#520 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The artists names are attached to those pics so no

Those are a similar look to randy Martinez mando art however .

#521 2 years ago

Is this the style of art everyone is hoping for ? Not sure we get that with Randy Martinez .. seems like you want Doug Chiang

https://www.slashfilm.com/the-mandalorian-concept-art/

#522 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I’ve heard that it might be Tanio Klyce or maybe the entire team who worked on Deadpool. I think they did a very nice job on Deadpool, and while the rules aren’t super deep I usually don’t have to explain much to first-timers on that machine. Making the game easy to get into is key, especially when you have a theme that you want to appeal to a broader market.

#523 2 years ago

chuckwurt said Brian Eddy is on code and I hope that is the case!

#524 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

chuckwurt said Brian Eddy is on code and I hope that is the case!

He does code also? Thought he was just a designer.

#526 2 years ago

Just hope it’s not another battle villain video game hybrid.

#527 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just hope it’s not another battle villain video game hybrid.

Good chance it will be.

#528 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:Just hope it’s not another battle villain video game hybrid.

Really hoping it's more of a mode based "quest" type rule set.

#529 2 years ago

I know my opinion is not a popular one, but I don't think Mandalorian is much of a show and for those who haven't watched it I don't think you're missing much at all.

The lead characters are entirely void of any sort of depth, one wears a mask all the time and offers very little in terms of range or even dialogue and the other is an animated baby, a baby that can't talk, can barely communicate and every couple of episodes does something interesting. They trudge from episode to episode with the thinnest of reasons to be where they are and the writing is just bad, the writing in Star Wars films have never been their strength but it seems particularly shallow and cringe worthy in this series.

Production value is very high, it looks and sounds wonderful, it is set in a very familiar universe and it has a bunch of bounty hunters that look like boba fett ... so it has things going for it. My family did enjoy watching it every week but I struggled with it.

With all that said however, I do look forward to seeing what Brian Eddy has come up with, he has made some of my favourite games ever, I'm also curious to see who is on code. I certainly don't need a theme to have a game appeal to me so I'm still excited to see it.

#530 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Yes. See stranger things (1 of 3 on the code team) and shadow.

#531 2 years ago

I think only people who can answer really really tough Star Wars universe questions should get first dibs for LE or signature edition.
How many crew members does a Star Destroyer need?

#532 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think only people who can answer really really tough Star Wars universe questions should get first dibs for LE or signature edition.
How many crew members does a Star Destroyer need?

37,000. What does Jabba the Hut say immediately after the pod race in Episode 1?

#533 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

He started at Bally Williams doing code.

#534 2 years ago

Shit everyone is going to get an LE!

"Ha! Mongo/Bargon wan chee kospah ooh.? "

#535 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I know my opinion is not a popular one, but I don't think Mandalorian is much of a show and for those who haven't watched it I don't think you're missing much at all.
The lead characters are entirely void of any sort of depth, one wears a mask all the time and offers very little in terms of range or even dialogue and the other is an animated baby, a baby that can't talk, can barely communicate and every couple of episodes does something interesting. They trudge from episode to episode with the thinnest of reasons to be where they are and the writing is just bad, the writing in Star Wars films have never been their strength but it seems particularly shallow and cringe worthy in this series.
Production value is very high, it looks and sounds wonderful, it is set in a very familiar universe and it has a bunch of bounty hunters that look like boba fett ... so it has things going for it. My family did enjoy watching it every week but I struggled with it.
With all that said however, I do look forward to seeing what Brian Eddy has come up with, he has made some of my favourite games ever, I'm also curious to see who is on code. I certainly don't need a theme to have a game appeal to me so I'm still excited to see it.

I have to agree with this assessment but it is the best we got right now and hunger does strange things to a person...

#536 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

The lead characters are entirely void of any sort of depth, one wears a mask all the time and offers very little in terms of range or even dialogue and the other is an animated baby, a baby that can't talk, can barely communicate and every couple of episodes does something interesting

Will disagree with this. I've never seen so much range from an actor that wears a mask nearly 100% of the time, you can tell his emotions through his body language. There are a couple scenes (spoilers) where his mask does come off and when that happens the depth of the character comes out even more. You see Mando in the first episode as this emotionless badass and as the show goes on, as he meets baby Yoda, and cares for him you see his emotions come out. It's very well done in my opinion and is the best Star Wars content since the original trilogy.

As for Baby Yoda, same thing. Disney used a puppet for the character (thankfully instead of CGI) and puts a lot of emotion into the character. You can see Baby Yoda's body language reacting to events, facial reactions as he's figuring things out, learning, thinking, etc. There's some great comedy moments in there as well.

#537 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Nothing. He was asleep.

#538 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Is this the style of art everyone is hoping for ? Not sure we get that with Randy Martinez .. seems like you want Doug Chiang
https://www.slashfilm.com/the-mandalorian-concept-art/

Beautiful work but not all artist can integrate their art with the designer layout. This art (Doug Chaing) seems like the kind where it would just be on the playfield as art and nothing more. The kind of art package that relies heavily on the inserts for player guidance. I like when the art ties into what I should be doing a bit more. ZY nails this imo bur we need more variety for different tastes.
I think Randy Martinez art could lend itself well if he has worked closely with Brian Eddy and the coder for layout input.

#539 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Brian Eddy did a great job on code for Williams Indiana Jones and other games from the 90s.

#540 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

The lead characters are entirely void of any sort of depth, one wears a mask all the time and offers very little in terms of range or even dialogue and the other is an animated baby, a baby that can't talk, can barely communicate and every couple of episodes does something interesting.

(Original Star Wars Movies)
Bobba Fett only has a few minutes of screen time, always wears a helmet and "dies" but he is one of the most popular Star Wars characters.
Yoda is a muppet who sound like Fozzy Bear and has a speech impediment. People love him.
R2D2 is hugely popular and he is jist a guy in a trash can who only communicates in bleeps and bloops.
You cant try to explain Star Wars fan logic.

#541 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nothing. He was asleep.

Get this guy an LE double stat!

#542 2 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Awesome razorcrest ship you have there. Did you make that?
This is the way.

Yes sir. 70cm 3d printed Razorcrest. Steel need to paint but looks already good. Could be a nice topper

20210131_143543 (resized).jpg20210131_143543 (resized).jpg
#543 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Will disagree with this. I've never seen so much range from an actor that wears a mask nearly 100% of the time, you can tell his emotions through his body language. There are a couple scenes (spoilers) where his mask does come off and when that happens the depth of the character comes out even more. You see Mando in the first episode as this emotionless badass and as the show goes on, as he meets baby Yoda, and cares for him you see his emotions come out. It's very well done in my opinion and is the best Star Wars content since the original trilogy.
As for Baby Yoda, same thing. Disney used a puppet for the character (thankfully instead of CGI) and puts a lot of emotion into the character. You can see Baby Yoda's body language reacting to events, facial reactions as he's figuring things out, learning, thinking, etc. There's some great comedy moments in there as well.

True. The mask/armor also have a lot of meaning that the show goes into as well. It's similar to the Jedi and the light saber where it's a way of life. (spoiler) Mando becomes very attached to Baby Yoda and that causes a lot of internal conflict. That's the part I really enjoyed. Mando ends up breaking out of character and things get unpredictable. I just hope the pin doesn't just focus on a couple of characters or just a few parts of the story. Love to see it packed full of clips and all the characters in the artwork. I am excited to see how this one turns out.

#544 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

Thanks God it's official. Sick of seeing guys Jaws Jaws Jaws thinking if they say it enough times Stern will listen to them or something.

Umm whats wrong with JAWS! A classic movie! Could be made with all the blood and gore like TWD.
Much better than Godzilla, Stranger Things, Rush etc
ffs JAWS all day long!

Jaws (resized).jpgJaws (resized).jpg
#545 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Actually it’s the opposite. This theme would sell huge even if Jpop’s Starbucks cup was coding it. Most buyers, especially in this new bonkers market, have no idea who designers & programmers are. They don’t care. They see shiny new game with theme they want. Sold.

#546 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

402F7CCA-6DF8-49B3-9989-98F61B970478.gif402F7CCA-6DF8-49B3-9989-98F61B970478.gif
#547 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Good points on both sides and I can agree with each of you in general. It's a good series and worth watching but it's definitely flawed.
I'll be back for the new season but mostly because season 2 was much improved over 1. I expect/hope for better in season 3.

As a theme for pinball its right up my alley and I already have a deposit it.

#548 2 years ago

The Mandalorion is unique in that it appeals to an extremely large audience in ways very few themes do. I watched the Mandalorian with my 4, 7, and 9 year old and all loved it. My wife loves it. I love it. They manage to expand the Star Wars universe. It has positive role models for young men and women, and a cute main character that everyone loves. If it has a weakness it is the lack of a riveting enemy beyond "darth chicken".

#549 2 years ago

So is it official?

#550 2 years ago
Quoted from November:

Yes sir. 70cm 3d printed Razorcrest. Steel need to paint but looks already good. Could be a nice topper
[quoted image]

Sir you need to work at Hasbro. I spent $350 bucks on their Hasbro Pulse exclusive ship that is currently being made now and shipping probably in November of 2021 and if it comes in looking as good as that then I'm a happy man.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

4,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 19.95
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/11?hl=stuieb84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.