(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 153.
#5901 2 years ago
Quoted from eyewantone:

My distro just sent out the email yesterday that new Premium orders won't be delivered until 2022. Glad I ordered mine day 1

Is that from yesterday going forward?

#5902 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Is that from yesterday going forward?

That is correct. They still have Pro's for August delivery, but no Premiums until 2022.

#5903 2 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

3 and a half weeks before announcement!

I'm pretty sure every LE order was placed at the same time. Well before the actual order went through. Hopefully they get all those out pretty quickly.

#5904 2 years ago

So is stern aware and offering a fix for the diverter? And I am leaning towards the pro. Still not sure if the premium is worth the extra money.

#5905 2 years ago
Quoted from eyewantone:

That is correct. They still have Pro's for August delivery, but no Premiums until 2022.

Oh wow ok. I got in about a month ago and was told July. A months difference now equals 2022 that’s crazy.

#5906 2 years ago

My distro emailed about my le and said production delays. Maybe shipping next week.

#5907 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So is stern aware and offering a fix for the diverter? And I am leaning towards the pro. Still not sure if the premium is worth the extra money.

It took around 5-6 month for Zep spinner "fix kits" to go out so I think you have to be a little realistic. Takes awhile to identify issues, design a fix, and produce the fix. Doesn't happen overnight.

#5908 2 years ago

Early prototyping for Moff Gideons Light Imperial cruiser.... this huge build will run the full length of the right ramp before the cross over. The ball will travel through the inside of the model and come out the Tie fighter launch tube. I also plan to include the imperial transport ship the will mount over the shooter lane to replicate the awesome season finally scene. This mod is going to work best with Mirror blades to give the illusion of a full Imperial light cruiser.....Stay turned for updates

20210630_180214 (resized).jpg20210630_180214 (resized).jpgfile (resized).jpgfile (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpegdownload (1) (resized).jpeg

#5909 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

My distro emailed about my le and said production delays. Maybe shipping next week.

I believe they are trying to fix the left ramp from breaking so easy.

#5910 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It took around 5-6 month for Zep spinner "fix kits" to go out so I think you have to be a little realistic. Takes awhile to identify issues, design a fix, and produce the fix. Doesn't happen overnight.

Took a year for the update ramp covers for STH.

#5911 2 years ago
BE954CE9-DA48-4576-8AD6-AFA1B5A3BC67 (resized).jpegBE954CE9-DA48-4576-8AD6-AFA1B5A3BC67 (resized).jpeg
#5912 2 years ago

Cool chiminea

#5913 2 years ago

Got to play Mando finally at the Arcade Expo in Las Vegas. My wife and I played side by side. Games ended within seconds of each other both set high scores. Feel like that’s gotta be a first.

30D4AE4A-3964-46B2-8735-0CC213AD85D8 (resized).jpeg30D4AE4A-3964-46B2-8735-0CC213AD85D8 (resized).jpeg
#5914 2 years ago

ok, but who "win" !?

#5915 2 years ago

I did. But not by much.

#5916 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Got to play Mando finally at the Arcade Expo in Las Vegas. My wife and I played side by side. Games ended within seconds of each other both set high scores. Feel like that’s gotta be a first.
[quoted image]

True pinball love!!

#5917 2 years ago

Just heard my Mando LE is shipping from my distributor to me today. Should see it in a few days. I expect a lot of cool pics and first impressions in the next week from folks.

#5918 2 years ago

mando pro arriving Melbourne Australia in August
distributor asked for 50% before 8 week arrival
told me prem and le coming too
international orders always put in production as 1st priority LOL

#5919 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Just heard my Mando LE is shipping from my distributor to me today. Should see it in a few days. I expect a lot of cool pics and first impressions in the next week from folks.

A case when you are annoyed that Monday is a holiday (unless of course your freight company is open that day)

#5920 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

A case when you are annoyed that Monday is a holiday (unless of course your freight company is open that day)

LOL. Yeah, will be interesting to see how it is handled over the holiday.

#5921 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Just heard my Mando LE is shipping from my distributor to me today.

Damn! Congrats. My disty asked for shipping details yesterday so I'm hopeful this won't take long.

#5922 2 years ago

Just heard from our distributor that Mando LE shipped today (we are#169 btw).

#5923 2 years ago

I guess this is the risk you take when you get an early NIB.

B9258D4C-3574-4EFE-8482-FEDB8AD32FFC (resized).jpegB9258D4C-3574-4EFE-8482-FEDB8AD32FFC (resized).jpegD106591A-AE95-47F0-9D91-8940843F57B2 (resized).jpegD106591A-AE95-47F0-9D91-8940843F57B2 (resized).jpeg
#5924 2 years ago

Put a few games on a pro last night. Solid game. This one was running .91 code and locked up during multiball on my very first ball. I power cycled the game and lost a couple credits, but it played fine the rest of the time I was there. I'm a short guy, so the plastic ramps did create more of a visibility issue than I imagined just by looking at pics and streams.

#5925 2 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice Chinese steel there.

#5926 2 years ago

Looks like whomever welded these did a horrible job.

#5927 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I'm a short guy, so the plastic ramps did create more of a visibility issue than I imagined just by looking at pics and streams.

I'm a tall guy and couldn't really see the entrance to the right side shots. Some people aim by where the ball is on the flipper, but I gotta see the shot. Looking forward to trying a premium/LE.

#5928 2 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

[quoted image][quoted image]

You’re one of many. My friends left ramp cracked, diverter broke. Also a small chip at ball guide.

#5929 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Nice Chinese steel there.

Steel is fine - the issue is if you only put 2cm of welds without any structure supporting it... it's not gonna hold.

#5930 2 years ago

The guy that welded that has been around for a long time ! He is the guy that welded the the scoops on Demolition Man ( Williams 1994 ) . If you ever had a DM you know what I'm talking about !

#5931 2 years ago

Just played the pro (actually 3 different machines), great art and fun shooter, code may be too early to tell.

My 2c
-the upper PF was not that compelling (IMO) of course was also playing JJP PotC with two flippers and more shots by contrast to me Mando is not a great upper PF area. Might like the tilting version tho.
(I am not a great big proponent of upper PF anyway, but this one is not my cup of tea, prefer AcDc (lower PF) or Tspp or Woz even upper PF), but in general don't care for upper/lower PF. At least the ball doesn't spend all day up there.

-the upper left pop bumpers and roll over area to me are not great, not a huge deal since most pops and roll overs are kind of throw away area but just to me this is maybe worse than most others simply because of the area involved. I don't love roll over as a whole so then just giving me more is actually worse.

-the center ramp is entirely too wide, it's the most gimme shot ever in any pinball machine, it's also entirely too easy to spam the swinging shot to get the Multiballs. I understand that they require more shots but if I wanted to would be able to hit the swinging shot and center ramp all day.

I did love the Left ramp and the Right ramp and lower mini loop are great to shoot.

#5932 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:I'm a tall guy and couldn't really see the entrance to the right side shots. Some people aim by where the ball is on the flipper, but I gotta see the shot. Looking forward to trying a premium/LE.

Oh cmon, at best you’re 5’7.”.

#5933 2 years ago

Anybody get an LE out there?
Hmmmmm .......... there must be someone. Post a couple photos!!

#5934 2 years ago

My LE shipped today!

1478CD92-3961-4F06-A198-A73DA6C7B10F (resized).png1478CD92-3961-4F06-A198-A73DA6C7B10F (resized).png
#5935 2 years ago
Quoted from MrTilt:

mando pro arriving Melbourne Australia in August
distributor asked for 50% before 8 week arrival
told me prem and le coming too
international orders always put in production as 1st priority LOL

Hope so as paid 50% deposit for my Premium on 13th May.

#5936 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

What you don't understand is that these machines have decent quality source material. Why would you not want to listen to this sound via better amplification and speakers? And that is the point. The source. Line-level outputs is as close as you can get to the source.
Since you have 2 home theater systems and that makes you an expert....(I don't like going down this road...) I personally own 21 a/v setups. Pinball is my 2nd hobby where A/V is my main hobby (I need to find cheaper hobbies). The majority of them use 4K HDR monitors and range from 7.2.2 to 5.1 audio systems.
I have personally designed 4 dedicated Home Theaters (1 for me and 3 for friends). 1 of them was featured in a Home Theater Magazine (the one in my home...of which I have pics in my profile). These ranged from mid end to high end. (separates with balanced XLR outputs etc...)
What you are saying is in effect this:
"The stock 4" speakers are fine for my purposes" If you'd actually say that, great.
But you are spreading your opinion as if it were fact. You haven't even heard a Spike2 with what I am talking about doing. How can you say it is a waste when you haven't even heard a pin like this? Also, note that I am talking about Line-level outputs. Doing anything to the sound at the boards speaker connectors is speaker-level outputs. At this point the sound has already gone through the boards cheap amp. This isn't an awful thing, but you always want to use line-level if you can. For example, Star Wars doesn't have line-level outputs for the subwoofer (only for the backbox), so for that I had to use the speaker level outputs to get a line-level output for the sub. But after Star Wars (or maybe the pin after it) they went to line level outputs for all of the sound channels.
I can absolutely assure you, if you grab the sound from these pins at the line level (which is before the sound goes through the cheap amp on the board) amplify it with a decent amp and push that sound to decent speakers, it is FAR better for most people. Stern added line-level outputs exactly for this reason. There is NO reason for the line-level outputs to exist for crap source material. Stern added them for a reason. Well, I am here to tell you about their reason.
I can't even believe that this is a discussion.

You are right on the money @dinot! Taking your excellent advice and upgrading sound as you’ve done at the line level. Thanks so much for sharing with us all your expertise!

#5938 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

What you don't understand is that these machines have decent quality source material. Why would you not want to listen to this sound via better amplification and speakers? And that is the point. The source. Line-level outputs is as close as you can get to the source.
Since you have 2 home theater systems and that makes you an expert....(I don't like going down this road...) I personally own 21 a/v setups. Pinball is my 2nd hobby where A/V is my main hobby (I need to find cheaper hobbies). The majority of them use 4K HDR monitors and range from 7.2.2 to 5.1 audio systems.
I have personally designed 4 dedicated Home Theaters (1 for me and 3 for friends). 1 of them was featured in a Home Theater Magazine (the one in my home...of which I have pics in my profile). These ranged from mid end to high end. (separates with balanced XLR outputs etc...)
What you are saying is in effect this:
"The stock 4" speakers are fine for my purposes" If you'd actually say that, great.
But you are spreading your opinion as if it were fact. You haven't even heard a Spike2 with what I am talking about doing. How can you say it is a waste when you haven't even heard a pin like this? Also, note that I am talking about Line-level outputs. Doing anything to the sound at the boards speaker connectors is speaker-level outputs. At this point the sound has already gone through the boards cheap amp. This isn't an awful thing, but you always want to use line-level if you can. For example, Star Wars doesn't have line-level outputs for the subwoofer (only for the backbox), so for that I had to use the speaker level outputs to get a line-level output for the sub. But after Star Wars (or maybe the pin after it) they went to line level outputs for all of the sound channels.
I can absolutely assure you, if you grab the sound from these pins at the line level (which is before the sound goes through the cheap amp on the board) amplify it with a decent amp and push that sound to decent speakers, it is FAR better for most people. Stern added line-level outputs exactly for this reason. There is NO reason for the line-level outputs to exist for crap source material. Stern added them for a reason. Well, I am here to tell you about their reason.
I can't even believe that this is a discussion.

I’m actually looking to add a 5.1 or 7.1 setup to the my gameroom TV. Might have to seek out your advice on that in addition to pinball sound

#5939 2 years ago

Is Stern's gear knob shooter rod available yet? Or am I just blind and can't see it...

#5940 2 years ago

We have a Mando in Nebraska, also have a couple games available scheduled for August.

0B9C37CA-3542-4597-A78C-BAC94914FED0 (resized).jpeg0B9C37CA-3542-4597-A78C-BAC94914FED0 (resized).jpeg
#5941 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Is Stern's gear knob shooter rod available yet? Or am I just blind and can't see it...

Mid-july was the last I heard. Contact your distributor they should be able to put an order in.

#5943 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Mid-july was the last I heard. Contact your distributor they should be able to put an order in.

I'm in the UK. I asked my distro and they told me to order direct from Stern.

NeilMcRae will you be ordering any Mando bits from Stern, would you like to do something together?

#5944 2 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

We have a Mando in Nebraska, also have a couple games available scheduled for August.
[quoted image]

I’ve bought a game from ovfdfireman. Great person to deal with!

#5945 2 years ago

The Foundry is now available

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mandalorian-foundrymod

This is the Way

The_Armorer (resized).pngThe_Armorer (resized).png20210702_101735 (resized).jpg20210702_101735 (resized).jpg20210702_101850 (resized).jpg20210702_101850 (resized).jpg
#5946 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

You don't want to drive those speakers from the amp in the pin. Get an aftermarket amp (which is why you got that Pinsound adapter). I like this one:
amazon.com link »

Good info, I'll probably do something similar. Are you plugging that amp's power brick into the service outlet?

#5947 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

The Foundry is now available
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mandalorian-foundrymod

This is the Way
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the Foundry. Who said that?

#5948 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I’ve bought a game from ovfdfireman. Great person to deal with!

Thank you!

Greg

#5949 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I'm in the UK. I asked my distro and they told me to order direct from Stern.
NeilMcRae will you be ordering any Mando bits from Stern, would you like to do something together?

I've ordered the plunger from coin taker, as I'm getting LE I don't need the other parts.

#5950 2 years ago

All I can say is... this game is absolutely terrific!

Also, Timothy O. and Bill B. call outs?!?! Be still my beating heart!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
$ 22.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/119?hl=mrawesome44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.