(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 153.
#5701 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

I had to dance around the question of "Why is Luke Skywalker on the slingshot?"

Answer: because Luke Skywalker is star wars.

#5702 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

) I know there is a lot of talk about Grogu not moving, and I just want to give my 2 cents. I wish they’d at least made him close his eyes while using “the force” on the premium. However, I think once you guys play it(if you haven’t already)you will be like me, and won’t really care that Grogu doesn’t move. That’s all I’ll say on Grogu...and modders, get busy. Ha!

That's the whole point tho. You literally and legit just forget it's there. You forget one of the biggest things in the game, and main characters, even exists. You forget about it.

That's bad. Real bad. Like... REAL. DAMN. BAD.

I just played it for the first time tonight and loved it. And I left and realized not one time did I care about Grogu. And THAT in itself is a problem. It doesn't take away from the game.... But it could have been soooo much moooore.

#5703 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Got one from my distro that had 2 coming
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is the nicest mf'ing star wars I have ever seen! Whhheeeere did that armor come from!?!

#5704 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Is the foundry always lit when you have enough beskar to buy stuff? Or do you have to light the foundry first?

Anyone here figure out what actually lights the scoop for Foundry? Haven't been able to tell from location play if it simply lights when you can afford the cheapest item, or if you gotta hit something else in addition to qualify it.

For the multiplier, what exactly is "completing Hunter" - just complete the 3bank on the left, or are there more steps involved?

I noticed balls going to the helmet area during RC multiballs, looks like there's rules in the MBs for the mini-playfield, but couldn't tell if I was also progressing on the encounter I started prior.

Best so far is 366M, finished the RC wiz mode just before final drain.

#5705 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

I had to dance around the question of "Why is Luke Skywalker on the slingshot?"

Because.... This is the way.

#5706 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Are you sure it is the game? Game looks pretty good to me and we are hanging to have a go.
How many games did you play?

I played a pro on location for about 2 hours. Where I go for $25 you get unlimited pinball and arcade for 3 hours. I had zero desire to get mando and now I want one. Pro is definitely the one to get for me. Best bang for your buck and love the cabinet art.

Just not enough there for the up charge for the premium for me. Wonder how well the shaker adds to the game?

#5707 2 years ago

Received mine today. Haven’t had time to play it though sadly.

0CD3DDF8-BC7A-48B2-BF0F-72172EA07FBC (resized).jpeg0CD3DDF8-BC7A-48B2-BF0F-72172EA07FBC (resized).jpeg50CB5DC4-59D3-4893-9677-FAF5D5CE3454 (resized).jpeg50CB5DC4-59D3-4893-9677-FAF5D5CE3454 (resized).jpeg
#5708 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I played a pro on location for about 2 hours. Where I go for $25 you get unlimited pinball and arcade for 3 hours. I had zero desire to get mando and now I want one. Pro is definitely the one to get for me. Best bang for your buck and love the cabinet art.
Just not enough there for the up charge for the premium for me. Wonder how well the shaker adds to the game?

We have not been lucky enough to get one in Australia yet.. We are keen to have a go one one.

If we buy a new game, we always get a shaker.. You can turn it off if you do not like it and always get most of your money back if you sell the game.

#5709 2 years ago

The shaker is great! Dwight knows how to code a shaker very well.

#5710 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Anyone here figure out what actually lights the scoop for Foundry? Haven't been able to tell from location play if it simply lights when you can afford the cheapest item, or if you gotta hit something else in addition to qualify it.

Lights when you have enough beskar to buy something

Quoted from metallik:

For the multiplier, what exactly is "completing Hunter" - just complete the 3bank on the left, or are there more steps involved?

Three targets qualify the mode, which is lit on the inlane (and moveable). Hitting lit inlane starts hunter - you must complete the mode (hit the shots) to complete hunter and light the multiplier.

Quoted from metallik:

I noticed balls going to the helmet area during RC multiballs, looks like there's rules in the MBs for the mini-playfield, but couldn't tell if I was also progressing on the encounter I started prior.
Best so far is 366M, finished the RC wiz mode just before final drain.

When encounter has been started - sneaky entries (including from the plunge) can advance your encounter progress. And yes, you can always play encounter during multiballs too.

#5711 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Three targets qualify the mode, which is lit on the inlane (and moveable). Hitting lit inlane starts hunter - you must complete the mode (hit the shots) to complete hunter and light the multiplier.

Are those the orange shots that award beskar when collected?

#5712 2 years ago

I own 2 JJPs (Hobbit and WOZ) and love them both. I wouldn't say they are slow, but they are widebodies so feel very different. To me they are Sunday afternoon games, no rush, a few beers and just enjoy the ride. But if I step from Maiden over to WOZ it can feel quite jarring (slow).

I purposefully went for Mando as a standard body over a game like Alien, as I just prefer the standard gameplay and personally feel you can have too many widebodies in a small collection. So I hear what you saying. Loving what I'm hearing on the gameplay though, can't wait to get it!

Quoted from dinot:

I agree. I went in to GnR LE with no dogs in the JJP vs Stern battles. But I was bored. My biggest gripe was that it was slow. IMO, every JJP game is slow. I like fast games and no JJP games are fast that I've played. And I've played every title. At first, (WoZ) I was thinking that it was that specific machine not being inclined enough, but then every JJP I played was slow. This is quite a statement for me as I was a huge WMS/Bally bigot. I thumbed my nose at Sega/Data East.
Played Mando Pro on location (I've preordered a Premium) and it was a blast. My 13 year old daughter loved it as well which just doesn't happen. (She is typically not crazy either way about pinball) The pin convinced her to watch the show. She and I (I am watching it again with her this time) are halfway through season 2. I had to dance around the question of "Why is Luke Skywalker on the slingshot?"

#5713 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

heu...

(fun/joke inside !!!)

#5714 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Awesome! Waiting for Spooky’s announcement. If not a theme I want Mando will be purchased. Will sell my stenciled and restored Gorgar and Stern Dracula for space and some funds. Still shocked how much I loved it.

#5715 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Are those the orange shots that award beskar when collected?

Yes hunter lights like 3 shots. One might be a build value… but hitting the orange arrows is the objective

#5716 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Wow, lazy coding? Seeing as you don’t know who’s decision it was to make it a simple game this seems ridiculous. Stern wanted it simple, end of story. .

Maybe so, but it is still lazy mate which ever way you look at it!
Level 2 and 3 are just a copy and paste with slight adjustments.

It could still have been simple, but make level 2 and 3 different. add more video content etc.
so so much wasted on the game. It's a flop as it stands atm

Back to Mandalorian

#5717 2 years ago

Well, I just got word that unless something changes, my pro is will be on the October run which means I'll probably get it in November. #firstworldproblems.

#5718 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Well, I just got word that unless something changes, my pro is will be on the October run which means I'll probably get it in November. #firstworldproblems.

Hey, it may be a firstworldproblem, but its OUR collective firstworldproblem! This is a safe space.

#5719 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Hey, it may be a firstworldproblem, but its OUR collective firstworldproblem! This is a safe space.

The money going into buying these pins took effort to make and accumulate. No reason whatsoever to be apologetic for the rewards of hard work.

#5720 2 years ago

Needless to say, I'm disappointed. Just trying to put a positive spin on it.

Speaking of which, getting a later run pin hopefully means that any minor issues will be corrected.

Either Rush or Godzilla will be announced by then. Luckily, I have no interest in either. Toy Story, which I want should also be announced although I'm hesitant about owning a JJP title.

#5721 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Needless to say, I'm disappointed. Just trying to put a positive spin on it.
Speaking of which, getting a later run pin hopefully means that any minor issues will be corrected.
Either Rush or Godzilla will be announced by then. Luckily, I have no interest in either. Toy Story, which I want should also be announced although I'm hesitant about owning a JJP title.

eek!

#5722 2 years ago

Anybody get an LE shipping notification yet?

#5723 2 years ago

Wonder how well the shaker adds to the game?

Shaker is used heavily, but adds to the experience in every instance.

#5724 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I just found out the same thing

#5725 2 years ago
Quoted from cireone:

Shaker is used heavily, but adds to the experience in every instance.

That’s awesome!!

#5726 2 years ago
Quoted from fswanson24:

I just found out the same thing

Me too.... not sure why the industry is so non-transparent. They love to take those full payments though... l And this is from a full payment early may for a pro

#5727 2 years ago
Quoted from sirocket:

Me too.... not sure why the industry is so non-transparent. They love to take those full payments though... l And this is from a full payment early may for a pro

Simple - "sales"

Guy tells you he can't get you a game soon.. he fears you will goto another distributor.

Shouldn't have offered full payment for anything early. No need. And Pros coming later is just par for the course. Usually not 4 months later.. for that to happen your distro really put you at the back of the bus I think.

#5728 2 years ago

Got to play Mando yesterday. One thing I noticed this game is in desperate need of is Invisiglass, especially with the plastic ramps. If you like not being able to see half the upper playfield, it’s fine, but the reflection from the LCD/back glass drowns out everything. Also, it took less than 200 games on a location pin for the rear diverter to break the spot welds on. There will be no “encounters” on this pin until Stern ships a new part. I did enjoy the gameplay, but the plastic ramps alone were enough for me to nix a Pro model entirely

B939567C-557A-4704-9326-B28ABA967EB7 (resized).jpegB939567C-557A-4704-9326-B28ABA967EB7 (resized).jpegFA1F2880-1233-4AAF-BB7E-DDFE54A1330D (resized).jpegFA1F2880-1233-4AAF-BB7E-DDFE54A1330D (resized).jpeg
#5729 2 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Anybody get an LE shipping notification yet?

I have not yet, LE on order

#5730 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Simple - "sales"
Guy tells you he can't get you a game soon.. he fears you will goto another distributor.
Shouldn't have offered full payment for anything early. No need. And Pros coming later is just par for the course. Usually not 4 months later.. for that to happen your distro really put you at the back of the bus I think.

To be fair, this is the first time Stern has put home pros last on the line. I've bought a few NIB pins throughout the years, starting with TSPP back in 2003.

I could request a refund and get my machine somewhere else but that wouldn't be fair to my distro for something that's out of his control.

#5731 2 years ago
Quoted from BlackTiePinhead:

Got to play Mando yesterday. One thing I noticed this game is in desperate need of is Invisiglass, especially with the plastic ramps. If you like not being able to see half the upper playfield, it’s fine, but the reflection from the LCD/back glass drowns out everything. Also, it took less than 200 games on a location pin for the rear diverter to break the spot welds on. There will be no “encounters” on this pin until Stern ships a new part. I did enjoy the gameplay, but the plastic ramps alone were enough for me to nix a Pro model entirely
[quoted image][quoted image]

Call Melissa at Cointaker if you have a need for Voodoo Glass...

#5732 2 years ago

Invisiglass is the best mod you can buy for any pin and it moves to the next game you buy.

#5733 2 years ago

Got to play Mando yesterday. One thing I noticed this game is in desperate need of is Invisiglass

No need. Simple settings change to have the backbox turn off/dim during play.

#5734 2 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

Backglass light was not dim during gameplay?
Strange because its adjustable.

#5735 2 years ago

Default is full brightness.

#5736 2 years ago

Once i got my first LE invisiglass became an absolute need on all my games. I play with the lights on(dimmed to about 30%) and it helps a ton imho

#5737 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Default is full brightness.

I put mine way down and no problem at al when playing.

Strange?

#5738 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I put mine way down and no problem at al when playing.
Strange?

Nope. I set mine to off.

#5739 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope. I set mine to off.

Well my other Sterns as I don't have Mandalorian in hand yet.

Soon though very very soon

#5740 2 years ago
Quoted from sirocket:

It is not the industry, just your distro not telling you the truth or all the truth. Your distro knew before he/she took your order an approx date of when your game will be shipped.

Straight away I would ask myself, "What else are they going to lie to me about?"

#5741 2 years ago

It is not the industry, just your distro not telling you the truth or all the truth. Your distro knew before he/she took your order an approx date of when your game will be shipped.
Straight away I would ask myself, "What else are they going to lie to me about?"

Unless you have proof, that's a pretty serious accusation.

As I said earlier, this is the first time Stern switched things up with the releases. Most distros had no idea how many pins they were going to get. Factor in parts delays and many distros were left in the dark as much as their customers.

As frustrating as the situation is, I'm sticking with my order. No need to punish hardworking and honest business owners over something not in their control.

#5742 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No need. Simple settings change to have the backbox turn off/dim during play.

Try telling a location to turn down the lighting in a game due to it blinding you or causing a blind reflection, it won't happen as they will view you as the only one pointing it out. Even replayFX during the last pinburgh wouldn't touch (AC/DC Pro) lighting in a game during the event even though every player in my round pointed it out as a problem before playing a ball.

#5743 2 years ago

What I received from my distro in Canada (P1AG MTL) : first Mandalorian production will be for the operators and bars connected to the Stern Army. The official production is scheduled for August and then October.

#5744 2 years ago

Seems to be more than operators out there right now.

#5745 2 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Try telling a location to turn down the lighting in a game due to it blinding you or causing a blind reflection, it won't happen as they will view you as the only one pointing it out. Even replayFX during the last pinburgh wouldn't touch (AC/DC Pro) lighting in a game during the event even though every player in my round pointed it out as a problem before playing a ball.

Bummer Todd. Sounds like your group should’ve played better.

#5746 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:Seems to be more than operators out there right now.

Agreed!

#5747 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Unless you have proof, that's a pretty serious accusation.
As I said earlier, this is the first time Stern switched things up with the releases. Most distros had no idea how many pins they were going to get. Factor in parts delays and many distros were left in the dark as much as their customers.
As frustrating as the situation is, I'm sticking with my order. No need to punish hardworking and honest business owners over something not in their control.

So why take payment in full when you have no idea how many games you are going to get or when they are going to ship?

Good practice would be to have a wait list of orders and collect a deposit and then full payment once the game is about to ship (unless the game is a LE). Building honesty and a good relationship with customers is more important that securing sales.

I stand by my statement. Distro could have been honest and stated what you just did. I do not care how you spin it, taking a full amount for a game when you do not know when it is going to ship is not the right thing to do.

And for your info, our distro has given us an approximate delivery date and been clear with the financials etc before we gave him one cent. And we live in Australia, so I know Stern has been honest with its distros.

#5748 2 years ago

So why take payment in full when you have no idea how many games you are going to get or when they are going to ship?
Good practice would be to have a wait list of orders and collect a deposit and then full payment once the game is about to ship. Building honesty and a good relationship with customers is more important that securing sales.
I stand by my statement. Distro could have been honest and stated what you just did.

Yeah... Seconded. Find someone who doesn't ask for payment in full until the game is in hand or dropshipped

#5749 2 years ago

Good practice would be to have a wait list of orders and collect a deposit and then full payment once the game is about to ship (unless the game is a LE). Building honesty and a good relationship with customers is more important that securing sales.
I stand by my statement. Distro could have been honest and stated what you just did. I do not care how you spin it, taking a full amount for a game when you do not know when it is going to ship is not the right thing to do.
And for your info, our distro has given us an approximate delivery date and been clear with the financials etc before we gave him one cent. And we live in Australia, so I know Stern has been honest with its distros.

Agreed. It seems the trend in this industry is that people will hold and wait. But hard to swallow when you see in-stock in a few other places. The loyalty goes both ways between a distro and a customer. These things aren't $200-500 machines.

#5750 2 years ago

Good practice would be to have a wait list of orders and collect a deposit and then full payment once the game is about to ship. Building honesty and a good relationship with customers is more important that securing sales.
I stand by my statement. Distro could have been honest and stated what you just did.
And for your info, our distro has given us an approximate delivery date and been clear with the financials etc before we gave him one cent. So I know Stern has been honest with its distros.

Fair enough...Points well taken.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 19.95
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/115?hl=joelbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.