(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 153.
#5651 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

For the mini pf… you gotta give the game some English (aka nudge) to get the flipper tip on the ball in most slow feeds.
The music gets a bit repetitive right now… but the audio commentary from Carl W improved alot. Now he mocks you a bit and kisses your butt … instead of always kissing butt

I did that... maybe my English is no bueno?

I never really got more than 2/3 hits off that flipper at the targets. I'm sure there's a learning curve and it could get better as you play it more. I'm hopeful the premium is better but it looks just as difficult.

#5652 2 years ago

Only when no one is looking lol

Maybe Pat Lawlaor can save JJP some money on Toy Story this way also.....featuring realistic toys from the franchise ....they only move when youre not looking.

#5653 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Only when no one is looking lol
Maybe Pat Lawlaor can save JJP some money on Toy Story this way also.....featuring realistic toys from the franchise ....they only move when youre not looking.

That’s hilarious! I’ve been enjoying reading through this thread. I never thought I’d own a new stern, and now I’m looking hard at buying my second this year with Mando. I played the pro on location and really enjoyed the short time spent. I was only able to get like 60million haha, but it was good enough for 3rd place(because the game was so new at that location) I know there is a lot of talk about Grogu not moving, and I just want to give my 2 cents. I wish they’d at least made him close his eyes while using “the force” on the premium. However, I think once you guys play it(if you haven’t already)you will be like me, and won’t really care that Grogu doesn’t move. That’s all I’ll say on Grogu...and modders, get busy. Ha!
Anyway, I think the pro was super fun, and I can only imagine how cool the premium will be. Is the premium worth the extra price tag in this pin? For me, at the moment it’s not. Do I still want the premium? Heck yeah!
I’ll probably save that extra 1700.00 toward an escalera though. I’m getting too old to move these pins myself. 45 years old today
Congrats to the owners here. I Hope to be official within a few months. Both versions are sure to be great!

#5654 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

That’s hilarious! I’ve been enjoying reading through this thread. I never thought I’d own a new stern, and now I’m looking hard at buying my second this year with Mando. I played the pro on location and really enjoyed the short time spent. I was only able to get like 60million haha, but it was good enough for 3rd place(because the game was so new at that location) I know there is a lot of talk about Grogu not moving, and I just want to give my 2 cents. I wish they’d at least made him close his eyes while using “the force” on the premium. That’s all I’ll say. Either way, I think the pro was super fun, and I can only imagine how cool the premium will be. Is the premium worth the extra price tag in this pin? For me, at the moment it’s not. Do I still want the premium? Heck yeah!
I’ll probably save that extra 1700.00 toward an escalera though. I’m getting too old to move these pins myself. 45 years old today
Congrats to the owners here. I Hope to be official within a few months. Both versions are sure to be great!

#5655 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Good one. Now as far as really deep games coded by Dwight go, we can’t leave out Munsters incredible depth:
1. Achieve Munster Madness.
2. (Repeat 3 times)

lol...

meanwhile, i must admit i had fun playing Munsters when i meet one
sometimes, simple is not bad
in the overall idea, and the "not deep code", can i compare Munsters with Iron Man (this one being of course much harder) ?

#5656 2 years ago

I see the ball often gets cought on the left side- next to baby yoda- coming from an right orbit or center shot.
Any thoughts on this?

...Mylar and turning down the eject power is not enough to prevent chipping in the shooter lane- I know this from experience, so please don't tell people otherwise.
I hate those protecors, since the can F up the autoplunge, but they help to prevent the chipping.

#5657 2 years ago

Happy birthday mate!

Quoted from Magicmike0:

That’s hilarious! I’ve been enjoying reading through this thread. I never thought I’d own a new stern, and now I’m looking hard at buying my second this year with Mando. I played the pro on location and really enjoyed the short time spent. I was only able to get like 60million haha, but it was good enough for 3rd place(because the game was so new at that location) I know there is a lot of talk about Grogu not moving, and I just want to give my 2 cents. I wish they’d at least made him close his eyes while using “the force” on the premium. However, I think once you guys play it(if you haven’t already)you will be like me, and won’t really care that Grogu doesn’t move. That’s all I’ll say on Grogu...and modders, get busy. Ha!
Anyway, I think the pro was super fun, and I can only imagine how cool the premium will be. Is the premium worth the extra price tag in this pin? For me, at the moment it’s not. Do I still want the premium? Heck yeah!

#5658 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

lol...
meanwhile, i must admit i had fun playing Munsters when i meet one
sometimes, simple is not bad
in the overall idea, and the "not deep code", can i compare Munsters with Iron Man (this one being of course much harder) ?

Per chance meeting one now and again is far different from owning it in the home, where depth is vital to enjoy over the long haul. This is the whole point most people miss, that most owners are frustrated with what little Dwight and Stern actually did. Mando thankfully does not appear that way. Simple by itself is fine, as long as depth of longevity for the home is included. Shallow is completely criminal at today’s high prices for home play longevity. No modern game will have happy fans with shallow, lazy coding, which Dwight did on Munsters plain and simple. He has yet to rectify it and it will continue to haunt his legacy till he fixes it. Xaqery can do much better, as he is a top coder.

#5659 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Happy birthday mate!

Thanks

#5660 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Per chance meeting one now and again is far different from owning it in the home, where depth is vital to enjoy over the long haul. This is the whole point most people miss, that most owners are frustrated with what little Dwight and Stern actually did. Mando thankfully does not appear that way. Simple by itself is fine, as long as depth of longevity for the home is included. Shallow is completely criminal at today’s high prices for home play longevity. No modern game will have happy fans with shallow, lazy coding, which Dwight did on Munsters plain and simple. He has yet to rectify it and it will continue to haunt his legacy till he fixes it. Xaqery can do much better, as he is a top coder.

Wow, lazy coding? Seeing as you don’t know who’s decision it was to make it a simple game this seems ridiculous. Stern wanted it simple, end of story. It’s also not the nicest thing to call someone out by name when calling them lazy. Just say you don’t like Munsters and understand it’s not for you and move on.

#5661 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

I would rather have the Pro on this one.
Definitely not worth the extra $ IMO

#5662 2 years ago

Jesus christ stop crying in your beer over Munsters code! You have your own club for that.

#5663 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Jesus christ stop crying in your beer over Munsters code! You have your own club for that.

Nice collection!
Now get that GNR already what are you waiting for?
Most fun Pin ever!
Fun Fun Fun

#5664 2 years ago

I just got my pro and agree my only negative is the plastic Ramps I hate them on here have to change them

#5665 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

I just got my pro and agree my only negative is the plastic Ramps I hate them on here have to change them

Ramps will magically appear, no worries! You'll even be able to have a beskar finish on them. Same goes for Grogu, I'm not a modder of anything, lol, but even to me it seems like it's an easy thing to animate. There's also going to be other code update(s), extra modded toys, toppers, etc.

This game was well born and has got plenty of material to go for!

#5666 2 years ago

Just played this for the first time last night. I was excited for this one as a lifelong Star Wars fan and a big fan of the new show. What a letdown. Not one single interactive mech on the entire machine. Basically box with a shooting gallery of static targets and decorations. This is a location game, not a private collector game in my opinion. Fun to look at, super boring to play.

#5667 2 years ago

Damn I totally disagree I have it in my home and after 3 hours had to tear myself away and this is early on I just can't believe the code is this far along ALREADY

#5668 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Damn I totally disagree I have it in my home and after 3 hours had to tear myself away and this is early on I just can't believe the code is this far along ALREADY

How do you have this in your house when it's only going to Arcade route right now?

#5669 2 years ago

Got one from my distro that had 2 coming

20210622_194702 (resized).jpg20210622_194702 (resized).jpg20210622_195017 (resized).jpg20210622_195017 (resized).jpg20210622_195531 (resized).jpg20210622_195531 (resized).jpg20210622_210513 (resized).jpg20210622_210513 (resized).jpg20210622_210518 (resized).jpg20210622_210518 (resized).jpg20210622_210544 (resized).jpg20210622_210544 (resized).jpg
#5670 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

How do you have this in your house when it's only going to Arcade route right now?

Lol, pics of the game being played at his home would make this official I guess..!

Edit: there you go!! Pretty nice setup next to Star Wars: this has got to be the way!!

#5671 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

I played a pro yesterday. Up till then only saw the last few episodes of the show. No interest in the pin at all. Yesterday I couldn’t stop playing it. I absolutely loved it. Now I want one. Even my daughters loved it. Going to take the wife to play it.

#5672 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

.. anniversary Pac-Man and Mrs Pac-Man, gotta love those classics!! Nice!!

#5673 2 years ago

Just check out my gameroom pics lol have had a lot of games come thru over the years plenty of pics on my profile lol

#5674 2 years ago

I have spoken

#5675 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Even my daughters loved it.

That's actually great!! Fun stuff, real family game and family quality time for you, enjoy bro!!

#5676 2 years ago

Speaks volume!! Can't wait to get mine!!!

#5677 2 years ago

U will definitely enjoy itba.d the great thing is the code will mature and get better actually if I could get metal ramps I would be happy as is

#5678 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Speaks volume!! Can't wait to get mine!!!

Quoted from Scott8806:

U will definitely enjoy itba.d the great thing is the code will mature and get better actually if I could get metal ramps I would be happy as is

Getting the Prem, my first NIB, that will fix the ramp issue lol!! Being a Star Wars fan, also can't think of a better game to get as a first time NIB.. other than Star Wars maybe!

#5679 2 years ago

Oh nice enjoy

#5680 2 years ago

Word from my distro about LE:

from Stern Pinball, today
We’re day to day with production right now. I’m hoping we can start shipping out LE’s next week.

#5681 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Word from my distro about LE:
from Stern Pinball, today
We’re day to day with production right now. I’m hoping we can start shipping out LE’s next week.

Awesome. I wonder how long their production will last before they start pumping out premiums. Production on LEs started on the 21st - so maybe July 5th or 12th?

#5682 2 years ago

I would strongly recommend playing one on location before buying NIB on this title. Very disappointing. Shame that Stern got this license and not a manufacturer that could have made some magic. This is a game that I am glad is on location and not in my collection. There isn't one mech under the glass in this game. If you like a shooting gallery and no mechanical interaction, this is the game for you.

#5683 2 years ago
Quoted from dugmar:

I would strongly recommend playing one on location before buying NIB on this title. Very disappointing. Shame that Stern got this license and not a manufacturer that could have made some magic. This is a game that I am glad is on location and not in my collection. There isn't one mech under the glass in this game. If you like a shooting gallery and no mechanical interaction, this is the game for you.

Not every game is for everyone but personally I think this is the most fun I have had on a new pin in years. Mechs don't equal fun for me and the complete package of Mando is stellar, Mechs get old after the 10th time I see it. If mechs equalled fun I would only own 90s pins yet my favorite pins are usually kind of empty like GoT or DP.

If Mechs equalled fun for Pinside it wouldn't have a love affair with IMDN.

You are right about playing a game before buying it though. It's good advice for anyone who doesn't know what they like to at least some degree by looking at it.

#5684 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Not every game is for everyone but personally I think this is the most fun I have had on a new pin in years. Mechs don't equal fun for me and the complete package of Mando is stellar, Mechs get old after the 10th time I see it. If mechs equalled fun I would only own 90s pins yet my favorite pins are usually kind of empty like GoT or DP.
If Mechs equalled fun for Pinside it wouldn't have a love affair with IMDN.
You are right about playing a game before buying it though. It's good advice for anyone who doesn't know what they like to at least some degree by looking at it.

Oh then you haven't played GNR JJP yet.
Truly Amazing pinball a must have even if one doesn't like the band.

Glad to hear Mandalorian is fun.

#5685 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Oh then you haven't played GNR JJP yet.

Different strokes indeed -- after a 15+ minute game my first time out with GNR on location, I was ready for a nap and actually walked away with credits still in the machine (likely the first time I've ever done that). To add insult to injury, the game camera added at least 10 lbs (I'm going to blame that one on Axl and assume he required JJP to install a "fat cam" to level the playing field). But obviously there's something there that others find enjoyable, and God bless 'em!

It seems nuts to me drop $6-$10k on any game without ever playing it. But I guess in this market you can turn around and get your money back easily enough, so there's no harm done if you're willing to put up with the hassle of selling it if it's not your thing.

#5686 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Different strokes indeed -- after a 15+ minute game my first time out with GNR on location, I was ready for a nap and actually walked away with credits still in the machine (likely the first time I've ever done that). To add insult to injury, the game camera added at least 10 lbs (I'm going to blame that one on Axl and assume he required JJP install a "fat cam" to even the playing field). But obviously there's something there that others find enjoyable, and God bless 'em!
It seems nuts to me drop $6-$10k on any game without ever playing it. But I guess in this market you can turn around and get your money back easily enough, so there's no harm done if you're willing to put up with the hassle of selling it if it's not your thing.

I have bought nearly all my games without playing them first. My only disappointment was JJP GNR. Hopefully Mandalorian will live up to all of Stern’s other recent releases, because Stern=Fun in my books.

#5687 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

However, I think once you guys play it(if you haven’t already)you will be like me, and won’t really care that Grogu doesn’t move.

While playing the game, I literally never looked at him, not even once. I'm watching the ball, and he's simply not in my field of vision. Wouldn't care if he moved or not, unless he grabbed a ball off the ramp or something. I only noticed him while walking up to the game, which is his stated purpose, for better or worse.

#5688 2 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I see the ball often gets cought on the left side- next to baby yoda- coming from an right orbit or center shot.
Any thoughts on this?

Yeah, many (most?) of my full strength, clean Razor Crest shots whipped around and rattled in the orbit, hitting a pop bumper on the way down. Not surprising given the crappy orbit return on Stranger Things.

#5689 2 years ago
Quoted from dugmar:

If you like a shooting gallery and no mechanical interaction, this is the game for you.

Mechanical interaction?

Aren't all pinball machines a shooting gallery?

Wow

#5690 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Horse Pucky

How can u say "a must have" if u don't like the band? Ridiculous I didn't like the gameplay and wouldn't buy it even if it was a band I liked. But at least if u hate Maiden or Metallica its more modes and very little in the way of "band integration" More so than any other music pin I've ever played GnR requires you dig the band/music the most.

#5691 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yeah, many (most?) of my full strength, clean Razor Crest shots whipped around and rattled in the orbit, hitting a pop bumper on the way down. Not surprising given the crappy orbit return on Stranger Things.

That sucks, I already saw it happening on Jacks streams. Maybe I will find a fix for it like i did on the left orbit return on DP Pro.
Taking this into account, the right mini orbit return adds up to that... on the other side i saw some nice fluid combos happening...
the Mando Pro is on its way, lets see how it goes.

#5692 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

wow love the powder coating and rails on your SW. Did you have that done custom?

#5693 2 years ago

The guy in Atlanta his owns a powder coating shop had been looking for ever for a star wars premium this is exactly what I wanted to do so I bought it I wanted a storm trooper look I'm still not done I want to get a storm trooper helmet with dome lights fir a topper

#5694 2 years ago

The hyper loop is powder coated black also

#5695 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:The hyper loop is powder coated black also

Thats a neat look for sure! Is lighted armor stern?

#5696 2 years ago

Yes just powder coated white it'd the light up ones

#5697 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Horse Pucky
How can u say "a must have" if u don't like the band? Ridiculous I didn't like the gameplay and wouldn't buy it even if it was a band I liked. But at least if u hate Maiden or Metallica its more modes and very little in the way of "band integration" More so than any other music pin I've ever played GnR requires you dig the band/music the most.

Maybe your right?

NOT!

#5698 2 years ago
Quoted from dugmar:

Are you sure it is the game? Game looks pretty good to me and we are hanging to have a go.

How many games did you play?

#5699 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Maybe your right?

NOT!

No, please. Just no.

"Not" come on man.

#5700 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Different strokes indeed -- after a 15+ minute game my first time out with GNR on location, I was ready for a nap and actually walked away with credits still in the machine (likely the first time I've ever done that). To add insult to injury, the game camera added at least 10 lbs (I'm going to blame that one on Axl and assume he required JJP to install a "fat cam" to level the playing field). But obviously there's something there that others find enjoyable, and God bless 'em!

I agree. I went in to GnR LE with no dogs in the JJP vs Stern battles. But I was bored. My biggest gripe was that it was slow. IMO, every JJP game is slow. I like fast games and no JJP games are fast that I've played. And I've played every title. At first, (WoZ) I was thinking that it was that specific machine not being inclined enough, but then every JJP I played was slow. This is quite a statement for me as I was a huge WMS/Bally bigot. I thumbed my nose at Sega/Data East.

Played Mando Pro on location (I've preordered a Premium) and it was a blast. My 13 year old daughter loved it as well which just doesn't happen. (She is typically not crazy either way about pinball) The pin convinced her to watch the show. She and I (I am watching it again with her this time) are halfway through season 2. I had to dance around the question of "Why is Luke Skywalker on the slingshot?"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 19.95
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/114?hl=purdue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.