(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,620 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by brzezicki
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg
5.42 Mandalorian Manual (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 153.
#5551 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Exactly. Ugh. I don’t think I would risk getting one shipped right now.

I think he was kidding dude.

You gotta lighten up man!

#5552 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So then they don’t have all the assets from Mando then. I thought they did.

'all' is a phrase that can be easily misinterpreted/applied depending on the individual. 'all' of what? Also, having 'access' to 'all' (aka opportunity) is different then actually 'buying all'

In short - be careful of answers given that aren't necessarily followed up with elaborations

#5553 2 years ago

I was able to play the pro recently and overall it was fun, but the things that stuck out while playing and reflecting back on it now:

# Right ramp is not easy to make based on location, plenty of rejects (reminded me very much of the far right ramp shot on GB Prem)
# Mini playfield was underwhelming for sure - I figured it would be based on what I saw before ever playing it but I'd rather just have had a third flipper to make actual shots if I'm honest.
# Orbits, Center and horseshoe shots keep up the speed and flow in a good way
# Art, sounds/music, and assets are very nice on the Pro

I still would like to try it out in a home environment, would also need to try the premium at this point.

#5554 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

What games, other than music pins, have done justice to the theme in the history of pinball? Certainly no 90s game

Have you tried defeating the Black Knight?!

#5555 2 years ago

Wrong thread I know.. but GnR utilized their resources perfectly. The "game over" video clips at the end of a game are integrated so good.. carry on

#5556 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

This is NOT the way. First NIB and first refused delivery. What a massive disappointment to go from playing Mando this evening to not being sure when you'll even get one (if ever). I blacked out any identifying info as the distributor hasn't had an opportunity to rectify the situation yet. The picture is the first spot I opened to check the game and after that I said take it back. Has anyone dealt with this before? At this point I just want a refund and I'll wait for a local game to pop up for sale eventually
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You didn’t black out the phone number on the yellow sheet…

#5557 2 years ago

could last 2 pins pics be from the same "accident" !? i see serials 318215 & 318206...

#5558 2 years ago

I think there will be a number of used games on the market before long. While the game is fun, I can see people feeling like they've seen enough of it, or even making it through the game quickly, and deciding they're good. It doesn't have the depth and difficulty to last long in a serious player's collection IMO.

Having said that I'd be happy to own one for a while but I promised my dino-infatuated daughter that JP will be our next purchase.

#5559 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

I think there will be a number of used games on the market before long. .

"Why are there so many Mandos for sale?!?!?!?!??!"

"I'm noticing alot of Mando for sale!"

"Sure seems like lots of Mandos in market!!"

#5560 2 years ago

I think you'd be hard pressed to find which "assets" they don't have. The voices are from pretty much every character in the series and the clips also show almost everybody, and I've only seen 1 level of the mini wizard modes. I'm sure Cara is absent, not because of buying the asset, but Disney saying don't put her in there. I think the artwork on my playfield said revision 3, but that could be just about anything, or it could've been taking her out of the artwork. I've been impressed with the material and the Star Wars geeks that have been over to play it have made comments that "they got everybody in there".

#5561 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

This is NOT the way. First NIB and first refused delivery. What a massive disappointment to go from playing Mando this evening to not being sure when you'll even get one (if ever). I blacked out any identifying info as the distributor hasn't had an opportunity to rectify the situation yet. The picture is the first spot I opened to check the game and after that I said take it back. Has anyone dealt with this before? At this point I just want a refund and I'll wait for a local game to pop up for sale eventually
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s really bad luck, but that’s 100% a shipping issue. Unfortunately it happens with all shipping and has been worse since Covid for some unknown issue.

Pics like this get posted all the time throughout Pinside. Your distributor will look after you.

#5562 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

I think there will be a number of used games on the market before long. While the game is fun, I can see people feeling like they've seen enough of it, or even making it through the game quickly, and deciding they're good. It doesn't have the depth and difficulty to last long in a serious player's collection IMO.
Having said that I'd be happy to own one for a while but I promised my dino-infatuated daughter that JP will be our next purchase.

This is every game… majority of people want the new shiny thing in their life. Most “keeper” games in collections are not because the game is extraordinarily deep - its because the game is entertaining to the owner.

Wpc games are not deep by any measure compared to modern games but people aren’t rushing to dump their pre-2015 games.

The key is if the game keeps people coming back - like tron portal… or acdc song jackpot cashing… or bsd triple stack.

“Deep” is overhyped. Boring or uninteresting is the thing a game needs to avoid. Mando rules look to has plenty to cause you to chase opportunities. Like getting the multipler stack, etc. its interesting to play… thats the important part

#5563 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

It doesn't have the depth and difficulty to last long in a serious player's collection IMO.

What is a 'serious player'? Like, always has a furrowed brow while playing?

#5564 2 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Lolololol

#5565 2 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Playing with a headlamp should be a given

#5566 2 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

You forgot the newsboy hat and dark rimmed glasses!

#5567 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Playing with a headlamp should be a given

Yer gonna need some leather, fingerless gloves as well.

#5568 2 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I'm not serious but I spend an unhealthy amount of time furrowing and swearing for playing something that's supposed to be fun. Just thinking of how a game like this plays vs Elwin offerings. It is fun for sure!

#5569 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"Why are there so many Mandos for sale?!?!?!?!??!"
"I'm noticing alot of Mando for sale!"
"Sure seems like lots of Mandos in market!!"

There's a lot of everything for sale...Everyone is trying to bag a little extra coin these days on pinball. $30k+ for Pirates is an outright joke. I'm pretty sure when the economy crashes you'll see a dramatic sell-off on these toys. Everyone is trying to make as much as they can while they can...The housing market is and will be a perfect example, as well. I'd much rather a Mando at retail and have it crash versus a $30k+ JJP and watch it crash.

#5571 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

It seems strange he would have 1st run Pros in stock. I'm a little surprised when most people aren't getting them.

He is the largest Stern distributor in the US, I believe. He likely gets the lions share of any run.

#5573 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Can we expect the rules manual soon or not before V1.0?

That's a good question, the problem with those manuals is that as the code continues to develop, they need to continue updating them. As far as I can tell, that isn't something they've done with any of them, though I could be wrong.

In the meantime, I recommend checking out the tiltforums wiki rulesheet. There's a handful of committed people continuously trying to update the rulesheets on the newer, evolving games.

#5574 2 years ago

I'm going pick up my pro tomorrow

#5575 2 years ago

LIVE - BANNER GIVEAWAY - DWIGHT IN STUDIO

twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball

C656BCFF-9364-4B6E-B301-E0D033527788 (resized).jpegC656BCFF-9364-4B6E-B301-E0D033527788 (resized).jpeg
#5576 2 years ago

For people that just getting there Mando what code are they coming with

#5577 2 years ago

Mine was .91

#5578 2 years ago

Guess I'm going to download the new code tonight then for tomorrow

#5579 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Theme over everything else is usually what keeps games in collections longer... that personal attachment to said theme regardless if the game is thatxgreat or not. This theme will be all it takes for most who get an le or prem. I think a lot of pros will change hands as typically those buyers arnt into the theme as much.

#5580 2 years ago

Games I have kept have been ones that have alot of different shots and have a wow factor plus light show I love star wars premium because it's brutal but when u make those shots man that hyperloop is something when u can load a couple of balls on there and light show is to me one of the best

#5581 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Theme over everything else is usually what keeps games in collections longer... that personal attachment to said theme regardless if the game is thatxgreat or not. This theme will be all it takes for most who get an le or prem. I think a lot of pros will change hands as typically those buyers arnt into the theme as much.

I agree with this. It’s a huge part of why my Munsters LE won’t be leaving.I find it fun but the theme is very loved by my family and I feel my wife would would linch me if got rid of it lol.

#5582 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

The owner often gets a Pro while waiting for the LE, then sells the Pro. So keep an eye on the Facebook postings.

i’ve tried to buy a couple pins off Mike that weren’t even on the floor .I’m surprised he sells any lmao .Great guy ,Great place .

#5583 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

I agree with this. It’s a huge part of why my Munsters LE won’t be leaving.I find it fun but the theme is very loved by my family and I feel my wife would would linch me if got rid of it lol.

That’s what it’s all about .Pinball is fun .I read all the Munsters stuff and I had a blast playing it .Mando pro was tons of fun .I understand the top players will get bored with pins quickly but to the vast majority just buy what makes you happy .Happy long time

#5584 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Games I have kept have been ones that have alot of different shots and have a wow factor plus light show I love star wars premium because it's brutal but when u make those shots man that hyperloop is something when u can load a couple of balls on there and light show is to me one of the best

I agree .Imdn is our favorite .All of us .There’s shots far,close,through the pops,Keith makes you use the whole PF.That’s why I was hesitant with Mando once I saw the layout .Every shot is center PF along with every block.Then we played it and played it more .We never spent that much time on location with 1 pin .The mando head PF was surprisingly fun once we learned how to nudge it .Sniper shot incredible .One of those pins that you think about the minute you leave .We will have one eventually $ is not around now and don’t want to sell yet but rest assured the fun factor is present .This is the way !

#5585 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Had a guy that was willing to buy our Munsters for way more than we paid, but when my wife got wind of it by my traitorous son, I was sent to the stockade by a lynching mod she gathered for nearly a week. Lol Munsters is really a theme that most people love. And love to play as well. Think Mando will have those same qualities in our home.

#5586 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Had a guy that was willing to buy our Munsters for way more than we paid, but when my wife got wind of it by my traitorous son, I was sent to the stockade by a lynching mod she gathered for nearly a week. Lol Munsters is really a theme that most people love. And love to play as well. Think Mando will have those same qualities in our home.

Hahaha that’s hilarious! I am glad I am not alone haha. Yeah as soon as the wife saw mando she said that should be the next one and now I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of our mando. I am fine with that. Having my wife into titles just means more new pins hahah.

#5587 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Mine had some damage as well. Luckily it’s just scuffed wood on the bottom of the cabinet. Ughhh FedEx[quoted image]

Yikes...Don't know if I would have accepted that one..That thing looks like it was dropped, who knows what stress the guts have suffered...How's the internals?

#5588 2 years ago

I managed to secure some time on The Flipper Room's Mando Pro on Friday. Tune in or watch VODs and highlights whenever. I also have an LE paid in full so expect more Mando content on that same channel in a month or so.

mando-tfr (resized).pngmando-tfr (resized).png

#5589 2 years ago

Only one helmet left: ebay.com link: itm

Ive paid 2k usd for it, but i think you can get it for 1700.

#5590 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

LIVE - BANNER GIVEAWAY - DWIGHT IN STUDIO
twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball
[quoted image]

please please please, can you (not as a bad joke) really ask Dwight if yes or no, he will polish the Munsters code
simply because i really want to grab one, but...

tanx (even if you dont ask him lol)

#5591 2 years ago

Quoted from RipleYYY:please please please, can you (not as a bad joke) really ask Dwight if yes or no, he will polish the Munsters code
simply because i really want to grab one, but...
tanx (even if you dont ask him lol)

#5592 2 years ago

RipleYYY I’m almost positive Dwight answered this and said the code is finished and there are no plans to go back.

#5593 2 years ago

The instruction cards that Stern used are very un-inspiring and need some help, hopefully Coindropper will come to the rescue with his stellar free cards. I was surprised how basic the cards are for Mandalorian after Stern did a good job with custom Led Zeppelin cards to match the art. I guess they are better than the old yellow op cards-but still very bland imo.

#5594 2 years ago

I'm in the minority I'd think, but I liked the Yellow Stern apron cards - at least as far as you could read the rules without much trouble.

I'd like to see them make some colored cards, not necessarily yellow, to match the general color of the game with rules you can read.

(Haven't seen this games cards yet - but I will later today)

Edit : Grayish cards on Mando are Ok.

#5595 2 years ago

Cant stand the yellow cards and they are the first thing I tend to replace. To me Pinball is also art-and the yellow cards are just fugly.

#5596 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Cant stand the yellow cards and they are the first thing I tend to replace. To me Pinball is also art-and the yellow cards are just fugly.

Agree yellow is kind of fugly - but another color with Print you can read would be nice. Just match up colorwise with general color of the game.

#5597 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

RipleYYY I’m almost positive Dwight answered this and said the code is finished and there are no plans to go back.

yes, +/- as he said years ago, when talking about GB...

ok than, back to Mando

#5598 2 years ago

How long after game release does stern typically start selling their accessories?

#5599 2 years ago

New custom resin based 3d printed stormtrooper transport carrier. This model includes a red led and pigtail to tigh into the G.I., making the installation easy and smooth. Item can be used in multiple locations on the game, so you can choose what you like the best.

Cost is 65.00 with shipping being 10.00 inside the U.S. if your outside the states please send me your address to get a accurate shipping quote.

Thanks again
Tom D
DIDDY'S MOD'S

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-mandalorian-stormtrooper-transport-carrier-mod-#post-6347119

20210621_225810 (resized).jpg20210621_225810 (resized).jpg20210621_225826 (resized).jpg20210621_225826 (resized).jpg20210621_225834 (resized).jpg20210621_225834 (resized).jpg20210621_225943 (resized).jpg20210621_225943 (resized).jpg
#5600 2 years ago

Email was sent from Zax Amusements today to pay 50% deposit
Arriving in August Melbourne Australia

Mando Pro with options - art blades, side armour and shooter ball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Aurora, IL
Machine - For Sale
New City, NY
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 19.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Neenah, WI
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Raleigh, NC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/112?hl=chrislix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.