(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 153.
#5502 2 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

The Razor Crest has crash landed in the desert wasteland known as Utah. Mando is now holding court inside Kiito's Brewing in Salt Lake City. As a child of the 80's I liked the meme floating around online so much I decided to do a custom translite based on it to get Cara and IG in on the action.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool back glass you created with Cara, RG11, Grogu and Mando. We all love Cara in the action.

#5503 2 years ago

The 750 LE’s of Mando were not enough, hence unmet demand and FOMO drove up the price of immediate resale’s more than $3k. As popular as this theme was, Stern should have offered 75 SLE’s for $15k = $1.15M. These would have sold out quickly, but it’s too late now. In hindsight, had Stern announced 1000 LE’s, they might not have sold out immediately but I believe it would have been the ideal number. There is no accurate way to select the ideal number.

What could they have done with an SLE version? I’d have wanted to see Cara on the backglass, a moving grogu and a prop from the show as extra features. I would have bought one configured that way, if it wasn’t impossible to snag. But now I enjoy playing a pro on location and that would be my choice of model.

Stern will never fully integrate a theme to create that special world under glass. Stern made JP and the rules have nothing to do with the movies plot. Stern creates DP based on the comics and then create original storyboards. These turned out great but that doesn’t change the fact there is no tie to any episode. Stern makes Mando, yet the modes don’t follow any significant story arc. So while Stern designs a game based on theme, they will never integrate that theme sufficiently imo. For that reason, having Stern make your dream theme pinball is a two edged sword.

#5504 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The 750 LE’s of Mando were not enough, hence unmet demand and FOMO drove up the price of an immediate resale’s more than $3k. As popular as this theme was, Stern should have offered 75 SLE’s for $15k = $1.15M. These would have sold out quickly, but it’s too late now.
What could they have done with an SLE version? I’d have wanted to see Cara on the backglass, a moving grogu and a prop from the show as extra features. I would have bought one configured that way, if it wasn’t impossible to snag. But now I enjoy playing a pro on location and that would be my choice of model.
Stern will never fully integrate a theme to create that special world under glass. Stern made JP and the rules have nothing to do with the movies plot. Stern creates DP based on the comics and then create original storyboards. These turned out great but that doesn’t change the fact there is no tie to any episode. Stern makes Mando, yet the modes don’t follow any significant story arc. So while Stern designs a game based on theme, they will never integrate that theme sufficiently imo. For that reason, having Stern make your dream theme pinball is a two edged sword.

How do you create a game that follows a story arc without creating a completely linear game? No one wants to play the same exact thing every time you hit the start button.

#5505 2 years ago

So while Stern designs a game based on theme, they will never integrate that theme sufficiently

Hestemøj (resized).jpgHestemøj (resized).jpg
#5506 2 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:The Razor Crest has crash landed in the desert wasteland known as Utah. Mando is now holding court inside Kiito's Brewing in Salt Lake City. As a child of the 80's I liked the meme floating around online so much I decided to do a custom translite based on it to get Cara and IG in on the action.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Great job on the back glass .
We got Disney just to watch Mando . And to my Joy they had Adventures in babysitting but over here it was called A Night on the Town . First time I have seen it , since seeing it at the movies in the 80s .
We just finished watching the two seasons of Mando and it was pretty good , my wife just loves me saying " I have spoken "

IMG_20210620_231713 (resized).jpgIMG_20210620_231713 (resized).jpg
#5507 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

How do you create a game that follows a story arc without creating a completely linear game? No one wants to play the same exact thing every time you hit the start button.

This is the real problem with Revenge From Mars. RFM has so many great things going for it but it is linear and people get tired of it in a home collection over time.

#5508 2 years ago

I'm still a little confused.

Is this the way, or isn't it?

#5509 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is this the way, or is isn't it?

This is the ?

#5510 2 years ago

The 750 LE’s of Mando were not enough, hence unmet demand and FOMO drove up the price of immediate resale’s more than $3k. As popular as this theme was, Stern should have offered 75 SLE’s for $15k = $1.15M. These would have sold out quickly, but it’s too late now. In hindsight, had Stern announced 1000 LE’s, they might not have sold out immediately but I believe it would have been the ideal number. There is no accurate way to select the ideal number.

Sorry, you lost me after. “The......

#5511 2 years ago

What could they have done with an SLE version? I’d have wanted to see Cara on the backglass,

LOL at pinball and horny old men, a combo that will never separate...

Stern will never fully integrate a theme to create that special world under glass.

Bullshit. TSPP, Metallica, Tron, right off the top of my head. Just because they shorted this license doesn't mean they haven't gotten it right in the past.

#5512 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

LOL at pinball and horny old men, a combo that will never separate...

Bullshit. TSPP, Metallica, Tron, right off the top of my head. Just because they shorted this license doesn't mean they haven't gotten it right in the past.

I would put star trek on that list as well.

#5513 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Just because they shorted this license doesn't mean they haven't gotten it right in the past.

Stern is getting full assets. This isn’t JJP Pirates, this has everything Disney would sell them. This is a far cry from GotG.

That said full assets don’t make a game fun.

#5514 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Stern is getting full assets. This isn’t JJP Pirates, this has everything Disney would sell them. This is a far cry from GotG.
That said full assets don’t make a game fun.

When you look closely it has similar constraints that games like Wonka did, Stern is just doing a heck of a lot better hiding it. You don't watch actors talking live on video, etc. They are using pre-recorded clips, but layering them with other video clips smoothly so that you don't really get distracted by the fact they aren't actually synchronized from the scene. They are doing a better job with the composition and arrangement of the assets they have. The way they are doing freeze frames for the overlays/climaxes/etc.

#5515 2 years ago

My custom The Mandalorian apron cards are now available for purchase. I've attached a snippet, but you may view the full cards here: http://aproncards.com/index.php/nggallery/pinball-apron-cards/the-mandalorian

I created two sets in different color schemes to go with either the LE or the Premium/Pro. If interested in purchasing please PM me, and the price is $10 per pair including postage (non-US addresses please add $2).

For those of you not familiar with my cards, they are very high quality. I print them on OEM brand ultra gloss photo paper using OEM inks (no lower quality cheap substitutes), coat with a clear gloss vinyl overlay, cut to shape, and color the edges so the white perimeter of the paper doesn't show when installed on the apron.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5516 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You don't watch actors talking live on video, etc.

Good, who the hell wants that anyway?

#5517 2 years ago

Found one in Indy this evening and had an enjoyable time playing it. Didn't get to explore a lot but got to see missions, multiballs, encounters, the foundry, etc. Looking forward to getting more time on one when I can.

#5518 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is this the way, or isn't it?

Haha

#5519 2 years ago

What games, other than music pins, have done justice to the theme in the history of pinball? Certainly no 90s game

#5520 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

What games, other than music pins, have done justice to the theme in the history of pinball? Certainly no 90s game

Judge Dredd

#5521 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

BSD, T2, NBA, TAF, TZ, Creature...so I guess most of them?

#5522 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

LOTR. Each mode/multiball followed the movies. Destroying the ring in the end. It is the longest lasting pin I have had. Still love hitting that start button!

#5523 2 years ago
Quoted from Blacksnow:

LOTR. Each mode/multiball followed the movies. Destroying the ring in the end. It is the longest lasting pin I have had. Still love hitting that start button!

The modes aren’t in the same order every time though. You can choose what order to play them. Thus it doesn’t follow the story arc. Also, destroying the ring isn’t the end.

#5524 2 years ago

Data East Jurassic Park.

#5525 2 years ago

I guess I thought I understood the licensing and using assets but now I guess I don't. They can have the actors show up on video, they can have the actors voices throughout the game, but they can't show the video with them speaking the lines at the same time?

#5526 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

B66, EHOH, RnM. Most 90’s games.

#5527 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I guess I thought I understood the licensing and using assets but now I guess I don't. They can have the actors show up on video, they can have the actors voices throughout the game, but they can't show the video with them speaking the lines at the same time?

They can, it’s just a hard thing to do I think. Hit this shot, makes a scene/callout happen, but what if you hit another shot during that time and it triggers the next part of the scene? It can become a jumbled mess especially in a flow game.

Stranger things has scenes and voices synced up for the most part, but it’s not perfect. And that game has a bit more stop and go to it and long returns to the flippers.

#5528 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Yeh, that’s a weird one that Wonka is known for. Seems pointless. Clearly for licensing they split the video, the sound and then the whole kahuna. Just more revenue. Or maybe to cater to different potential licensees. Guessing getting both together is the most expensive.

#5529 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They can, it’s just a hard thing to do I think. Hit this shot, makes a scene/callout happen, but what if you hit another shot during that time and it triggers the next part of the scene? It can become a jumbled mess especially in a flow game.
Stranger things has scenes and voices synced up for the most part, but it’s not perfect. And that game has a bit more stop and go to it and long returns to the flippers.

I’m not sure it’s just a programming issue. There’s plenty of cut scenes in Wonka (for example) that could easily have been synced in terms of gameplay, but weren’t for whatever reason.

#5530 2 years ago

This is NOT the way. First NIB and first refused delivery. What a massive disappointment to go from playing Mando this evening to not being sure when you'll even get one (if ever). I blacked out any identifying info as the distributor hasn't had an opportunity to rectify the situation yet. The picture is the first spot I opened to check the game and after that I said take it back. Has anyone dealt with this before? At this point I just want a refund and I'll wait for a local game to pop up for sale eventually

34E01BC6-5C4B-474F-85BA-1DF38BF41083 (resized).jpeg34E01BC6-5C4B-474F-85BA-1DF38BF41083 (resized).jpeg630F95AC-098D-4CAE-BF8C-8D29FC14F859 (resized).jpeg630F95AC-098D-4CAE-BF8C-8D29FC14F859 (resized).jpeg8507BE16-8235-48E2-94A3-D10E33194A39 (resized).jpeg8507BE16-8235-48E2-94A3-D10E33194A39 (resized).jpegC4D6727D-A677-482A-9F03-1EC4AE481CF0 (resized).jpegC4D6727D-A677-482A-9F03-1EC4AE481CF0 (resized).jpegD34D2C2C-E73A-4E21-A077-5C93E6BBA3A0 (resized).jpegD34D2C2C-E73A-4E21-A077-5C93E6BBA3A0 (resized).jpegE120485B-CC4B-448F-96D9-4F4BE33F050B (resized).jpegE120485B-CC4B-448F-96D9-4F4BE33F050B (resized).jpeg
#5531 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

This is NOT the way. First NIB and first refused delivery. What a massive disappointment to go from playing Mando this evening to not being sure when you'll even get one (if ever). I blacked out any identifying info as the distributor hasn't had an opportunity to rectify the situation yet. The picture is the first spot I opened to check the game and after that I said take it back. Has anyone dealt with this before? At this point I just want a refund and I'll wait for a local game to pop up for sale eventually

Oh wow, what a buzzkill. Hope they get you sorted out asap.

#5532 2 years ago

OMG!! Terrible, I feel mad for you You did the right thing to refuse the package

#5533 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

This is NOT the way. First NIB and first refused delivery. What a massive disappointment to go from playing Mando this evening to not being sure when you'll even get one (if ever)...

Just imagine your disappointment if you hadn't refused.

#5534 2 years ago

That sucks man. Hopefully it gets sorted out

#5535 2 years ago

I see automated has Pros in stock for anybody looking for a Pro.

#5536 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

It seems strange he would have 1st run Pros in stock. I'm a little surprised when most people aren't getting them.

#5537 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I wonder how they got so many?

I'm getting zero communication on when I'm getting mine.

#5538 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine had some damage as well. Luckily it’s just scuffed wood on the bottom of the cabinet. Ughhh FedEx

FF2F3130-F19E-4F81-9F54-D977F183BE2C (resized).jpegFF2F3130-F19E-4F81-9F54-D977F183BE2C (resized).jpeg
#5539 2 years ago

What in the world is wrong with these shippers? How is this acceptable for any freight company?

#5540 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Mine had some damage as well. Luckily it’s just scuffed wood on the bottom of the cabinet. Ughhh FedEx[quoted image]

I probably would have refused that based on the box alone. Even if you only notice a few scuffs who's to say it didn't fall and knock a few things loose inside? Just too many variables and I wasn't about to take any chances. Hopefully everything turns out for you

#5541 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

It seems strange he would have 1st run Pros in stock. I'm a little surprised when most people aren't getting them.

Drop shipping whatever overflow Stern has at warehouse if i had to guess.

#5542 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Clearly just reselling HUO shipping rejects. Pinball for sale - CHEAP

#5543 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I've dealt with this several times over the years. Shipping is always a bit like playing roulette.

You did the right thing in refusing it. It will all work out in the end.

Either your distro will get you a new game, or you have to wait for this game to get shipped back and repaired at the factory.

Of course you could ask for a refund...that would just be up to you and your distro.

#5544 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Clearly just reselling HUO shipping rejects. Pinball for sale - CHEAP

Exactly. Ugh. I don’t think I would risk getting one shipped right now.

#5545 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I believe it's a different kind/class of performance to show them as a combined a/v recording... vs just having them isolated.

#5546 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope - they intentionally avoid it even in cut scenes - this is the whole bane of the problem as it got exposed in Wonka as the worst. This isn't technical short-coming... it's something with the rules of how they use the assets for what they signed up for.

#5547 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Production run size is likely set before Stern has every game earmarked for promotional activities. They probably just had more games from the run then earmarked... so they goto their big distros to sell like everything else.

#5548 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Nope - they intentionally avoid it even in cut scenes - this is the whole bane of the problem as it got exposed in Wonka as the worst. This isn't technical short-coming... it's something with the rules of how they use the assets for what they signed up for.

So then they don’t have all the assets from Mando then. I thought they did.

#5549 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

I probably would have refused that based on the box alone. Even if you only notice a few scuffs who's to say it didn't fall and knock a few things loose inside? Just too many variables and I wasn't about to take any chances. Hopefully everything turns out for you

I could visually see the minor damage and luckily everything else is ok. Definitely not what you want to see when getting your first NIB Stern.

#5550 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Production run size is likely set before Stern has every game earmarked for promotional activities. They probably just had more games from the run then earmarked... so they goto their big distros to sell like everything else.

Exactly. Automated always has the best stock and will get you your game the fastest in my experience with NIBs. There just the middle man drop shipper so when you order a game it will come directly from Stern. Sucks there not doing free shipping on this game but Id ask for it see what he says.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 22.95
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/111?hl=joelbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.