(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 153.
#5301 2 years ago
Quoted from TheProgrammer:

Last night he said it was “JENNIE”

Dwight on deadflip?

#5302 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Dwight on deadflip?

Correct

8256F1C6-744D-4DC4-B4C9-7FBAB71A84F5 (resized).jpeg8256F1C6-744D-4DC4-B4C9-7FBAB71A84F5 (resized).jpeg
#5303 2 years ago

My pro should be here by Monday. My first NIB!

#5304 2 years ago

I'm glad someone asked again, because I'm way too impatient waiting for this LE.

#5305 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

You are partially correct.
The long intro where you see Mando hand the Armourer credits is only played once per game. Then it goes to the text instructions so you know what you are doing. After the 1st one, the intro only shows just the text part.
Either way you can skip them by pressing in both flippers. This was always the case; Jack didn't do this I assume because we had asked him to let things play out.

Sweet

I was thinking the screen that just says 'foundry' before it cycles to the item selection. I don't know if I was able to fast forward that? But I can't say for sure I was trying or not. (0.96)

Any comment about the swinging target? We see on two local examples the peg on the swing arm can actually crash into the PCB components which I assume is the prox switch.

We also saw if we get a shot up the left ramp that doesn't make it all the way to the right return, but rolls into the encounter feed... but encounter isn't lit... the encounter area stays idle with the blue lights and just ignores any switch hit activity in the encounter mini PF. No 'sneaky' action like you'd get if you entered from the playfield level. That felt... lacking. I would think you would could tell we entered the encounter from the opto at the divertor and then tell we were making hits in there.

#5306 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

And there was a whole discussion there as well that Groot's hands did not move. Discussion is putting it politely.

i love the gRoot toy. its still amazing how fast he launches the pinballs out of mouth. i was ok with the hands not moving.

#5307 2 years ago

Sparky is still the best bash toy IMO.

Closely followed by MM’s castle and AFM/StarTrek ships.

#5308 2 years ago

just got an email from my distro looking for final payment. says Limited shipping within the next week or two

#5309 2 years ago

I'm not understanding the connection with "Jennie"?

#5310 2 years ago
Quoted from grahamharley:

just got an email from my distro looking for final payment. says Limited shipping within the next week or two

for a pro or LE?

#5311 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

for a pro or LE?

Limited

#5312 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Sparky is awesome but Balrog is the best IMO. What a clever use of space and very satisfying to hit. And it makes sense to bash on Balrog, unlike Baby Yoda.

#5313 2 years ago

Last night he said it was/is “JENNIE”

I don't get the reference

#5314 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Anyone in Chicago area seen one in the wild yet?

Underground Retrocade in West Dundee.

#5315 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Sparky is awesome but Balrog is the best IMO. What a clever use of space and very satisfying to hit. And it makes sense to bash on Balrog, unlike Baby Yoda.

Totally agree with you here mate.

#5316 2 years ago

I understand the need for a huge baby yoda presence. I think the sculpt is quite nice even. But it does bother me that there is basically no integration.

I would have liked to see grogu close his eyes and rotate his hand enabling a TOM -ish magna save feature. Or if i could be greedy, I would have asked for a magnet that slowly drags the ball across the playfield.

I would have gladly given up the premium rotating mini playfield to get one of those.

But, none the less.... I'll buy one anyway.

#5317 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

If Balrog is best then what about Frank in Monster Bash which was 3 years before.

#5318 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

I understand the need for a huge baby yoda presence. I think the sculpt is quite nice even. But it does bother me that there is basically no integration.
I would have liked to see grogu close his eyes and rotate his hand enabling a TOM -ish magna save feature. Or if i could be greedy, I would have asked for a magnet that slowly drags the ball across the playfield.
I would have gladly given up the premium rotating mini playfield to get one of those.

In my mind I'm thinking the ball sits in a saucer like at the top of Harlem Globetrotters (or many other games of that era), then gets popped straight up like the Ant-Man scoop in AIQ Premium, but instead of within a wireform it's just open. Then, a magnet in Baby Yoda's hand activates and grabs it.

It would work right like, 20% of the time, and it would dent the hell out of the playfield and it would be awesome when it worked.

#5319 2 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

In my mind I'm thinking the ball sits in a saucer like at the top of Harlem Globetrotters (or many other games of that era), then gets popped straight up like the Ant-Man scoop in AIQ Premium, but instead of within a wireform it's just open. Then, a magnet in Baby Yoda's hand activates and grabs it.
It would work right like, 20% of the time, and it would dent the hell out of the playfield and it would be awesome when it worked.

You just 100% described the glove in JM and it works every time.

#5320 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

i feel the same way. also, i'm wondering if they are going to kill off grogu on the show.

#5321 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Underground Retrocade in West Dundee.

No Mando at Dave and Buster's in Addison IL

#5322 2 years ago

I feel like the foundry opens slow on purpose so you can understand what is happening. Maybe the foundry intro screen can be skipped? Not sure if I saw Jack/DeadFlip try to skip that.

I was able to skip it while playing on latest code last night

Light Razorcrest MB FTW... cashed this in twice to quickly get to the final green mode. Looping the center seems pretty easy, but I guess you're going to have to bring in yellow modes before RCMBs to help complete them. Red modes were a slog of constant center ramp shots, seemingly unstackable with multiball.

#5323 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

i feel the same way. also, i'm wondering if they are going to kill off grogu on the show.

I thought that story arc was done and Mando's going to go off doing other things in S3?

#5324 2 years ago
Quoted from grahamharley:

I just got the final payment due invoice on LE for next week or so shipping to!!!

Favorite bash toy for me is Slimer on GB pro. Just feels right to me and the way it works makes you feel like the ball was slimed.

#5325 2 years ago
Quoted from Tiki-Ed:

My pro should be here by Monday. My first NIB!

Are you an operator or is it going in your home? I’m confused what’s being produced and for whom. Seems initially a set of pros went to locations, and now it seems LEs are shipping within two weeks. Are pros also being produced now for home use?

#5326 2 years ago

Just got the call my pro is in and picking up tomorrow.

#5327 2 years ago

Sparky sucks as a bash toy but not the Snake mouth on MEt . best bash toy ever / Working Jaw bone man !!!! if sparky is a bash toy then even the Cross is but i do not consider them bash toys , not even Mini Deadpool Standup target. NOT a bash toy

Quoted from wcbrandes:If Balrog is best then what about Frank in Monster Bash which was 3 years before.

#5328 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Life is like a box of chocolates, didn't you know that already?

#5329 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Are you an operator or is it going in your home? I’m confused what’s being produced and for whom. Seems initially a set of pros went to locations, and now it seems LEs are shipping within two weeks. Are pros also being produced now for home use?

I believe it's still just a small Pro run mostly for location but some always end up in homes. It depends on your disti and how many locations there are in your area I would assume.

#5330 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I thought that story arc was done and Mando's going to go off doing other things in S3?

i was just saying that to ruffle feathers. i'm thinking grogu might show back up, but a little older. maybe like a teenage frog.

#5331 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Seems like some distributors got a few extra beyond what were earmarked for operators. I have a pro en route to my home

#5332 2 years ago

Will be on location tomorrow at Vertigo Pinball in Blur Ridge, GA!

EBE481F0-1999-4C65-B7FD-60A7DB0C38A4 (resized).jpegEBE481F0-1999-4C65-B7FD-60A7DB0C38A4 (resized).jpeg
#5333 2 years ago

I'm paid in full on a pro and sent my distro a pm for an update.

#5334 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Sparky sucks as a bash toy but not the Snake mouth on MEt . best bash toy ever / Working Jaw bone man !!!! if sparky is a bash toy then even the Cross is but i do not consider them bash toys , not even Mini Deadpool Standup target. NOT a bash toy

You’re wrong about sparky - all bash toys are just hitting a switch and making some toy directly interact with the ball.

But the theatrics and personality of Sparky are unmatched - the idea you’re electrocuting this little smartass who taunts you and throws the ball around. Then hit him enough and it’s the best multiball start sequence in pinball. Only mm castle is close.

But I’ll give you Snake - it’s a cool toy also.

Balrog is way way down the list for me - always found it underwhelming, even annoying.

#5335 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I was able to skip it while playing on latest code last night
Light Razorcrest MB FTW... cashed this in twice to quickly get to the final green mode. Looping the center seems pretty easy, but I guess you're going to have to bring in yellow modes before RCMBs to help complete them. Red modes were a slog of constant center ramp shots, seemingly unstackable with multiball.

Encounters are definately the long pole in getting deep in the game. The 4th multiball is pretty easy to get to if you make a point of playing the multiballs.. especially since the center shot is makable from either flipper and has a safe return. Missions are just play well... but encounters.. ugh.. so many trips to the mini PF. 3 levels each is the bruiser. If you have an encounter started, it seems like skill shot sneaky entrances work towards your encounter finishing too, even tho it's not lighting the yellow lights explicitly.

#5336 2 years ago

I still can't figure out how the playfield multipliers really work.

It seems the game will spot one for you at times if you complete an objective. But just hitting the 2 boba fett targets will like one.. but can't figure out how to light the others.

And the 2x targets around the right ramp... no idea.

#5337 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Jennie = Gina?

#5338 2 years ago

Just a quick question regarding the timed mission modes
Is there a shots made progress bar on the LCD screen?
Something along the lines of Aerosmith and GOTG
I think it just makes any given mode more interesting to be able to track your progress towards mode completion
I have an LE coming and prefer not to watch any steams in advance

#5339 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I still can't figure out how the playfield multipliers really work.
It seems the game will spot one for you at times if you complete an objective. But just hitting the 2 boba fett targets will like one.. but can't figure out how to light the others.
And the 2x targets around the right ramp... no idea.

Complete a hunter mode for 1x, scope for another x, hit the targets for the third one. All three lit gets you 5x.

If you look, they are all different colors (orange, blue, and green)

#5340 2 years ago

Still have not gotten an answer. What ways can you get extra ball lit or awarded in The Mandalorian? So far I know of:

1) Buy it with Beskar.
2) Complete some # of missions, some say 3 some say all 5, which would enable "I Like Those Odds" mini wizard if 5 are completed. I think this lights extra ball and a foundry shot collects it?

Any other ways known? I assume a replay award can be an extra ball as well..

#5341 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Still have not gotten an answer. What ways can you get extra ball lit or awarded in The Mandalorian? So far I know of:
1) Buy it with Beskar.
2) Complete some # of missions, some say 3 some say all 5, which would enable "I Like Those Odds" mini wizard if 5 are completed. I think this lights extra ball and a foundry shot collects it?
Any other ways known? I assume a replay award can be an extra ball as well..

Mystery award from Grogu

#5342 2 years ago

Played the pro today after work at Terry’s Terrace. Very fun game. Most of the shots being so close made them very easy to make but punishing if you miss.
A few comments about some common discussions from this thread.
The plastic ramps on the pro didn’t block much but they did make the right ramp entrance hard for me to see, could be just where I stand it might not bother other people.
Upper playfield was way more challenging than I thought it would be but honestly a little boring only having standups and no loop or something else.
Multiball was way too easy and repetitive to get to. The razor crest shot is so close and open it was almost impossible to miss. I feel like they need to code in a qualifier shot like hit a mini loop or orbit first to qualify it and then shoot the razor crest instead of hitting the same shot over and over. First game I played the 3 razor crest multiballs without much difficulty.
Post passing was almost impossible, don’t know if it’s all of them or just how this one was set up, I can post pass in my sleep back and forth all day on most sterns so I found that unusual.
The razor crest ship looks great! From pictures and the stream it looked so small it was out of place but it must have been camera angles because it was large enough to see details and the lit engines were a great touch.
Grogu not doing anything means I basically forgot it was there while playing, didn’t really care that he didn’t do anything but him being there added no value.
Code wise the game seemed very complete but needs some scoring balancing which I’m sure will come.
I hope everyone gets a chance to put some time on one soon either at home or on location

#5343 2 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Multiball was way too easy and repetitive to get to. The razor crest shot is so close and open it was almost impossible to miss. I feel like they need to code in a qualifier shot like hit a mini loop or orbit first to qualify it and then shoot the razor crest instead of hitting the same shot over and over. First game I played the 3 razor crest multiballs without much difficulty.

Thanks for sharing your first impressions.
Based on the first reviews/comments I've read, it's becoming an evidence they will need to work on the difficulty to get the multiball because if we always get it in the first minute of each game, it will be boring.
I am confident they will listen the community and make us happy

#5344 2 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

didn’t really care that he didn’t do anything but him being there added no value.

SUPER VALUE on location!!

E85178C9-A7D4-4326-B20D-7C220B366C9D (resized).jpegE85178C9-A7D4-4326-B20D-7C220B366C9D (resized).jpeg

#5345 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

LZ would like a word

#5346 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

LZ would like a word

Leaping neuter Icarus?

#5347 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Mystery award from Grogu

Yes forgot that one. Anyone know much about the mini wizard modes? Do they stay around until you finish them or fail and you have to re-enable the mode somehow?

#5348 2 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Very fun game. Most of the shots being so close made them very easy to make but punishing if you miss.

Completely consistent with his design on STh.

#5349 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Based on the first reviews/comments I've read, it's becoming an evidence they will need to work on the difficulty to get the multiball because if we always get it in the first minute of each game, it will be boring.

The multiball is maybe easy to get to make the game newb-friendly, not a bad thing, and it’s probably not huge points.
As far as people saying they just shoot up the middle and it continues to be easy.... that may be, but possibly the MB’S need to be stacked with other modes and things to really get the game going?
And they DO dry up eventually, and if you didn’t stack you might be screwed?
Making the MB a risk vs. reward for the player, just play them solo till they run out, or shoot around and play the whole game to really capitalize.
I haven’t played enough to be sure, but lots of games play that way.

#5350 2 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

No Mando at Dave and Buster's in Addison IL

A little bit of a drive...but Wizard's World (aka Fort Wayne Pinball) in Huntertown, IN has one. Along with 131 other pins...

https://www.facebook.com/FWAPinball/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 22.95
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, VA
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/107?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.