(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,620 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by brzezicki
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg
5.42 Mandalorian Manual (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 153.
#5201 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You just don’t like modern pinball. It’s okay. Not every era is for everyone.
But clearly you’re the minority in that thinking. Modern pinball is amazing.

Modern pinball clearly has "longer legs" in the home environment (because of code).
Lights & Sounds are clearly better, that's just technological progress.

But I guess nearly noone would argue that older games had more toys/ mechanical "wow" in 'em.

#5202 2 years ago

Wow only lasts so long at home. Then it gets to whether the gameplay is actually good and has long lasting appeal.

#5203 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

the tv clips. i fell like game is just episode segments mish mashed in here to be one objective after another. [...] seems like that have little cohesion or anything to do with each other other than just showing some action seen from the show.

This is exactly what people want. Assets! Be careful what you wish for.

#5204 2 years ago

Interesting... just called my distributor to put a deposit on Mando Premium and asked about lead time, fully expecting late summer/fall and perhaps even winter if hitting second distro, and was told he was pretty confident that it'd ship in 4 weeks. This was the distro that still had NIB MBRe SE, so perhaps I just found a gem of a distributor.

Suffice to say, excitedly put the deposit down

#5205 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Interesting... just called my distributor to put a deposit on Mando Premium and asked about lead time, fully expecting late summer/fall and perhaps even winter if hitting second distro, and was told he was pretty confident that it'd ship in 4 weeks. This was the distro that still had NIB MBRe SE, so perhaps I just found a gem of a distributor.

They will tell you anything to get your money. lol

#5206 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wow only lasts so long at home. Then it gets to whether the gameplay is actually good and has long lasting appeal.

I still love the MM Castle, the JM Glove, etc. ...

So why not both?

(And yes, some modern games have that, of course. Stern also.)

#5207 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

They will tell you anything to get your money. lol

Yep, I’ve been told that before and got it
Months later. I switch distributor since then.

#5208 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I still love the MM Castle, the JM Glove, etc. ...
So why not both?

Both is fine. Wow only is bad.

#5209 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yep, I’ve been told that before and got it
Months later. I switch distributor since then.

Same here. That’s why I laughed out loud when I read his post.

#5210 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Is this game too similar to turtles?

Yes, Turtles have shells and Mandalorian has Beskar.

#5211 2 years ago

I'm going to be streaming the Mandalorian in my showroom at 4:30pm EST today with a friend of mine on twitch if anyone is interested. His twitch handle is motorcitypinball. I'm a distributor in the Metro Detroit area. No I don't have any LE spots available. Hopefully we will you there!

#5212 2 years ago

For what its worth, I placed my order in early May and I was told today that it will be August - October for my premium

#5213 2 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

For what its worth, I placed my order in early May and I was told today that it will be August - October for my premium

Shortage of parts hitting hard. Might see a DMD vault before end of year.

#5214 2 years ago
Quoted from SpaceGhost:

Deadpool is right under Attack from Mars. I've played both and Deadpool is definitely NOT even near the Attack from Mars.

Deadpool should be above AFM. AFM is great and all, but it’s over 20 years old and the linear rule set shows that, it’s just getting tired after the millionth time playing it.
Deadpool gives different strategies, multipliers, boss challenges, a ton of high score tables, etc, etc,...
It just offers more.

#5215 2 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Deadpool should be above AFM. AFM is great and all, but it’s over 20 years old and the linear rule set shows that, it’s just getting tired after the millionth time playing it.
Deadpool gives different strategies, multipliers, boss challenges, a ton of high score tables, etc, etc,...
It just offers more.

If you played deadpool a million times would it still rank higher than AFM? Maybe, just depends on the person.

#5216 2 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Shortage of parts hitting hard. Might see a DMD vault before end of year.

I wouldn't mind a Simpson's Pinball Party vault or a Lord of the Rings vault.

#5217 2 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Shortage of parts hitting hard.

And you know this because how?

#5218 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Because it’s the reality with every American manufacturer. Especially ones that need video card tech.

#5219 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It isn't just pinball, this is hitting the entire supply chain. Everything is affected. So it was not a stretch to state that a shortage of parts is causing issues. And....this is causing parts prices to skyrocket, so I suspect that we will see NIB price increases.

#5220 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

It isn't just pinball, this is hitting the entire supply chain. Everything is affected. So it was not a stretch to state that a shortage of parts is causing issues. And....this is causing parts prices to skyrocket, so I suspect that we will see NIB price increases.

Even the sky is falling!

#5221 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Ask any new car/truck dealer how hard it is to get vehicles on the sales floor. They are short on chips and screens at the factory. Right now at the chrysler/dodge/jeep/ram dealer I work for they have 15-20 vehicles on the lot on a good day. Lot can hold 200+

#5222 2 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Ask any new car/truck dealer how hard it is to get vehicles on the sales floor. They are short on chips and screens at the factory. Right now at the chrysler/dodge/jeep/ram dealer I work for they have 15-20 vehicles on the lot on a good day. Lot can hold 200+

I’ve been noticing this. Bare lots.

#5223 2 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Yup noticed the same thing out by me. Really crazy to see.

#5224 2 years ago

So keep your eyes on your left ramp entrance... 147 plays

4DDF12FF-48D5-4136-B6E2-3DA3B78F1438 (resized).jpeg4DDF12FF-48D5-4136-B6E2-3DA3B78F1438 (resized).jpeg5660AB12-2C23-4730-8C8B-D1AB51CF262B (resized).jpeg5660AB12-2C23-4730-8C8B-D1AB51CF262B (resized).jpegC934E988-C970-4987-95B5-B0007D09A712 (resized).jpegC934E988-C970-4987-95B5-B0007D09A712 (resized).jpeg
#5225 2 years ago

finally played some today as we setup a pro...

The shots being close are going to be a turn off to some people... but it certainly changes things up. Think shadow...

The left ramp is TALL... you're not getting any freebies up that thing

The laser cut metalwork on the ball mech to the lower playfield is a very nice touch. The razorcrest engines are lit.. which is nice.

Lots more audio call outs then I heard in the original streaming reveal. The game is a real kiss ass... always stroking your ego

The game was handing out extra balls like candy. Didn't focus too much on 'how'.. was just exploring the game. It's gonna be fun I think, but could be a bit divided in the hobby I think. Hit default GC in game 2.. defaults must be generous

Pro cabinet and translight looked great IMO.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5226 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

So keep your eyes on your left ramp entrance... 147 plays[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That sucks. Those ramp protectors look different from what's on my SW Pro. If this starts showing up more maybe those need to be changed on future runs?

#5227 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

So keep your eyes on your left ramp entrance... 147 plays

Looks like the Beskar (scoop) plastic needs a minor adjustment. It looks to me a flyball flexed that plastic (it says -15 in your pictures) and dinged the ramp to snap it. Might be a red herring, but I'd check the flex there.

#5228 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Wow. How’s this compare to other recent stern le’s? Wasn’t there way more zeppelin le’s that landed here?

Yeah I'm fairly positive they had no issues with LZ LE's here by comparison. But mind you I don't know how much demand there was vs supply at the time nor how many actually where brought in. I'm sure they'd tell you though if asked.

#5229 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

So keep your eyes on your left ramp entrance... 147 plays[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cheaper and cheaper

#5230 2 years ago

At least Stern will probably send out a new ramp and offer a lengthened protector for free at some point. JJP would just refer you to their empty warranty, refuse to replace the part and refuse to sell you a new one.

#5231 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

At least Stern will probably send out a new ramp and offer a lengthened protector for free at some point. JJP would just refer you to their empty warranty, refuse to replace the part and refuse to sell you a new one.

Those parts aren’t easy available right now.

#5232 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Those parts aren’t easy available right now.

Have you called Stern to ask, or are you just doing more Stern bashing?

#5233 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Plandemic.

#5234 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

This is exactly what people want. Assets! Be careful what you wish for.

idk, i feel like there should be something more. maybe animations or some mini games. they need to involve Grogu more in this vs. a sitting doll. In star wars they had the falcon and asteroid mini game. Something like that might help to. I love star wars, but one concern I had when I heard of this game is that there is not much content, just 2 years of the show. The creators even said they didn't see any of the episodes early, they were putting them in after they saw them. so that leads up to a mish mash of episode clips into missions that don't exactly add up, they are just thrown into this game. For example, spider multi ball? Not sure why they made this a mutliball, it was one scene in, I think, the 2nd episode of season 2. Not much significance to the show.

#5235 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Ever see the movie Money Pit?

Home will be ready in 2 weeks!

Mando Premium in 4 weeks
Lmao
Not going to happen

#5236 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

JJP has bent over backwards and always taken care of anything I needed even on out of warranty games that I'm not even original owner.

So clearly you have no clue what you're talking about as you own Zero JJP machines.

Perhaps buy one and see the light as they are a Wonderful manufacturer and an asset to pinball.

#5237 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

JJP has bent over backwards and always taken care of anything I needed even on out of warranty games that I'm not even original owner.
So clearly you have no clue what you're talking about as you own Zero JJP machines.
Perhaps buy one and see the light as they are a Wonderful manufacturer and an asset to pinball.

LOL, they aren't even letting people buy playfields any more, let alone sending bare ones out for free to people with problem games. Have you been in a coma for the last month?

#5238 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Did you just emerge from carbonite hibernation?

#5239 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

LOL, they aren't even letting people buy playfields any more, let alone sending bare ones out for free to people with problem games. Have you been in a coma for the last month?

Yep.
You have no clue what you're talking about.

It's sad really.

Haters gonna Hate

#5240 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

idk, i feel like there should be something more. maybe animations or some mini games. they need to involve Grogu more in this vs. a sitting doll. In star wars they had the falcon and asteroid mini game. Something like that might help to. I love star wars, but one concern I had when I heard of this game is that there is not much content, just 2 years of the show. The creators even said they didn't see any of the episodes early, they were putting them in after they saw them. so that leads up to a mish mash of episode clips into missions that don't exactly add up, they are just thrown into this game. For example, spider multi ball? Not sure why they made this a mutliball, it was one scene in, I think, the 2nd episode of season 2. Not much significance to the show.

If you watched the show - the mode plays fine. By this logic... why did the pirates multiball make it either, it was just one scene, etc.

And playing if you hear plenty of Grogo sounds and references to the child. He doesn't feel 'missing' in the game. He's cooing and he's on the orbit shots and callouts refer to him and the awards sequence all have him. It's a non-issue really. Oh and he's in the ball save animations too.

#5241 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

I love star wars, but one concern I had when I heard of this game is that there is not much content, just 2 years of the show.

Based on the length of each The Mandalorian episode a season is worth 3 feature length movies. 2 seasons of The Manadalorian would be as much time content as the original trilogy and 3 prequels.

#5242 2 years ago

I said I'd never buy a NIB pin... but I'm definitely getting in on a Mandalorian Premium. As of today, Cointaker is saying by October there will be plenty. I'm ok with the long runway... gives me time to move some crap.

#5243 2 years ago

Really interesting situation with the LEs here. Normally, buyer's remorse might cause someone to just cancel their order. Now, it's resell the spot. Has this been the case in the past for LEs? Or is The Mandalorian just a unusually high demand driven title in that manner?

#5244 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If you watched the show - the mode plays fine. By this logic... why did the pirates multiball make it either, it was just one scene, etc.
And playing if you hear plenty of Grogo sounds and references to the child. He doesn't feel 'missing' in the game. He's cooing and he's on the orbit shots and callouts refer to him and the awards sequence all have him. It's a non-issue really. Oh and he's in the ball save animations too.

I agree that he didn’t feel missing to me. He’s also on the tilt animations as well. I think he’s in the game a good amount. Although my daughter would say you can’t have enough Baby Yoda haha

#5245 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:So keep your eyes on your left ramp entrance... 147 plays[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How has Stern addressed the cracking of the ramp with you? Sending replacement or modification?

#5246 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Just play what you like and don’t worry about other peoples opinions. DP has a lot going for it in a home environment. If you just played it on location chances are you missed/couldn’t hear how great the music and the callouts are.

It's possible for sure. I supposed the rules as you get better get more interesting. The flow of the game seemed a bit rough to me but again, that's my opinion based on the type of pinball I like and play.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

You just don’t like modern pinball. It’s okay. Not every era is for everyone.
But clearly you’re the minority in that thinking. Modern pinball is amazing.

It's not that I don't like modern pinball because I was very much hoping that Dead Pool, TMNT and Star Wars were going to be great machines. I really want to like them but I just feel like they are a bit rough in gameplay. Maybe it's the amount of start and stopping of the game to show animations and graphics that bugs me. Just kills the flow of the game.

#5247 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Really interesting situation with the LEs here. Normally, buyer's remorse might cause someone to just cancel their order. Now, it's resell the spot. Has this been the case in the past for LEs? Or is The Mandalorian just a unusually high demand driven title in that manner?

I think it’s equal parts a strong theme but also the guarantee of getting the game soon.

#5248 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

To be fair multiballmaniac is an equal opportunity basher. He hates ALL pinball companies right now says they ruined his life.

Somebody needs to start a telethon for the guy. For only pennies a day you can help us cheer up multiball!

#5249 2 years ago
Quoted from SpaceGhost:

It's possible for sure. I supposed the rules as you get better get more interesting. The flow of the game seemed a bit rough to me but again, that's my opinion based on the type of pinball I like and play.

It's not that I don't like modern pinball because I was very much hoping that Dead Pool, TMNT and Star Wars were going to be great machines. I really want to like them but I just feel like they are a bit rough in gameplay. Maybe it's the amount of start and stopping of the game to show animations and graphics that bugs me. Just kills the flow of the game.

Try Black Knight Pro. Fast and in your face. Only stops briefly for a few shots in the scoop, but you can cancel out the animation by hitting both flippers at the same time so you can get back to rocking!

#5250 2 years ago
Quoted from RCIV:

How has Stern addressed the cracking of the ramp with you? Sending replacement or modification?

It hasn't even been a day... you in a rush?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/105?hl=november and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.