(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 153.
#5151 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Any concerns about using a shaker with Spike 2 boards?

no

#5152 2 years ago

Anyone think the Razor Crest accessory shooter knob should have been on the LE out-of-the-box?

Yes, topper should be included also but I don't blame Stern for their business model with demand being what it is.

#5153 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Yes, topper should be included also but I don't blame Stern for their business model with demand being what it is.

I would have been happy with the shooter knob NIB and the topper remaining an accessory.

#5154 2 years ago

Gary: Replace the LE knob shooter rod with a standard shooter and list it separately for $125

Stern team: Are you sure Gary, this might look like we are taking the piss out of all those people paying a small fortune?

Gary: This is the way

Stern team: Don't be childish Gary, this is a serious decision, these are our customers!

Gary: I have spoken

#5155 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

The LE models sold out instantly. Looks like the accessory route was the best way to go for them. Obviously as a buyer you are going to want everything included.

#5156 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

All these showing up in Michigan and I’m in Ohio this weekend .
Are there any pros by cedar point or Cleveland?I’d go play it

There is a pro near Cleveland at
Southland Lanes
6800 W 130th St
Middleburg Heights, OH 44130

20210611_191448 (resized).jpg20210611_191448 (resized).jpg
#5157 2 years ago

Anyone think the Razor Crest accessory shooter knob should have been on the LE out-of-the-box?

That would of been awesome. I ordered one though and it will look great on the le

Any concerns about using a shaker with Spike 2 boards?

Never had an issue

Quoted from Puffdanny:

I felt it blocked my view a little but I also think I'll adjust very fast and it will be fine and a non issue.The plastic ramps are definitely ugly imo but it appears it is designed so you will be able to switch to metal with ease.

Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I Played the Pro Yesterday, I never felt the plastic ramp blocked my view.

Sweet, thanks. The pro seems like a good value if we are not crazy about the LE

#5158 2 years ago
Quoted from tlsbryan:

There is a pro near Cleveland at
Southland Lanes
6800 W 130th St
Middleburg Heights, OH 44130
[quoted image]

Bummer, we just got back to
Cedar point or we would of stopped!

Anything from cedar point to Detroit?

#5159 2 years ago

Where do you order the knob shooter? Can't see any Mando stuff on Stern's website.

#5160 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Bummer, we just got back to
Cedar point or we would of stopped!
Anything from cedar point to Detroit?

At the mall of Monroe

#5161 2 years ago

Just got back from playing the pro with my wife and daughter. Great experience! I was worried about the upper playfield area, the plastic ramps covering too much of the playfield, and the shot to the left of the right ramp that looked like it hit the side of the orbit and was kind of awkward. I have to say the upper playfield was definitely difficult to be perfect on (decent amount of luck involved IMO), but was a lot of fun! I didn’t notice the ramps blocking my view at all when I was playing. The right shot was very fun actually and returned pretty quickly to the flippers. I really enjoyed the pin and am looking forward to buying one now! Helped that my wife and daughter were all in as well. Lots of fun!!

#5162 2 years ago

Have any shown up on the East coast yet? Seems like a lot of Midwest to this point

#5163 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Have any shown up on the East coast yet? Seems like a lot of Midwest to this point

I think it is just the time of the trucking going cross the US

#5164 2 years ago

My bad, EAST coast....

But Monday is going to be a bunch more is my guess.

#5165 2 years ago

ok, honest opinion. i was luke warm on it. played only a few games. keep in mind i'm a big star wars fan. the lighting with the orange lights is nice, the effects with different colors on and off is a lot like turtles. the star ship looks better in person with the blinking lights and all vs. seeing it on a stream. the shots were ok and all. upper playfield...visible, decent gimmick. (i thought maybe the ramps might block some visibility, but that's not the case).

foundry was cool. i chose one power up to have the right lane save lit (i think its called "heal" in the game).

what i don't like...

grogu...toy does nothing. sort of unforgivable. we all knew that, but i still just don't get the decision not to have a bash toy of him or a toy in some way.

call outs--terrible. it's just bad acting and yelling. this makes Jurassic park voice call out acting seem light years ahead.

center shot leads to mb to easily. i already knew that from the streams. but it's just an easy shot.

the tv clips. i fell like game is just episode segments mish mashed in here to be one objective after another. i suppose you could say that on the star wars game too from a few years ago. but it's like they had to find a way to get them in, so 1 episode is this on the progression ladder, another segment is next, seems like that have little cohesion or anything to do with each other other than just showing some action seen from the show.

i'll be playing it again soon, and i realize code updates changes things. so we'll see.

#5166 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

At the mall of Monroe

Cool, I’m planning to stop tomorrow. I just texted David!

#5167 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Where do you order the knob shooter? Can't see any Mando stuff on Stern's website.

Your distributor you can order it through

#5168 2 years ago

On the floor at Game Terminal in Nashville, TN.

IMG_20210611_161012_818 (resized).jpgIMG_20210611_161012_818 (resized).jpgIMG_20210611_200354050 (resized).jpgIMG_20210611_200354050 (resized).jpgIMG_20210611_210036732 (resized).jpgIMG_20210611_210036732 (resized).jpg
#5169 2 years ago

Nice to see them rolling out!
Hope to see a Mando heading west..

01FB89B5-1307-4CC1-AF88-ABF81181B2D0 (resized).jpeg01FB89B5-1307-4CC1-AF88-ABF81181B2D0 (resized).jpeg

#5170 2 years ago

Might just be one of my things, but I actually prefer when I’m buying NIB to play my first game ever on the pin I’m getting. Makes the unboxing and waiting to play it all that much better in my opinion. Though I really waited what seemed like forever to play an AIQ Premium so definitely hoping the Pros for us home buyers isn’t to much longer.

#5172 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

ok, honest opinion. i was luke warm on it. played only a few games. keep in mind i'm a big star wars fan. the lighting with the orange lights is nice, the effects with different colors on and off is a lot like turtles. the star ship looks better in person with the blinking lights and all vs. seeing it on a stream. the shots were ok and all. upper playfield...visible, decent gimmick. (i thought maybe the ramps might block some visibility, but that's not the case).
foundry was cool. i chose one power up to have the right lane save lit (i think its called "heal" in the game).
what i don't like...
grogu...toy does nothing. sort of unforgivable. we all knew that, but i still just don't get the decision not to have a bash toy of him or a toy in some way.
call outs--terrible. it's just bad acting and yelling. this makes Jurassic park voice call out acting seem light years ahead.
center shot leads to mb to easily. i already knew that from the streams. but it's just an easy shot.
the tv clips. i fell like game is just episode segments mish mashed in here to be one objective after another. i suppose you could say that on the star wars game too from a few years ago. but it's like they had to find a way to get them in, so 1 episode is this on the progression ladder, another segment is next, seems like that have little cohesion or anything to do with each other other than just showing some action seen from the show.
i'll be playing it again soon, and i realize code updates changes things. so we'll see.

Is this game too similar to turtles?

#5173 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I have been a tad worried about that. But the shots are significantly different. Hunter is similar to the weapon hurry up, 3 balls up the middle for multiball is the same, left ramp right ramp scoop for missions is the same for episodes.

But the encounters and beskar trading are a step above anything on turtles. Scope and ambush are also different.

#5174 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Know TMNT very well and it is little like what I know so far about Mando. Although the coding on TMNT is so good, it would be fine if there were some similarities, as there is in most all games. Would hope Dwight would take the best of all his games he’s coded and include them in Mando to some extent. TMNT is a top tier coded game for sure and never gets old, so much to go for, so hoping and it appears Mando will be in that same vein as well.

#5175 2 years ago

Played a Pro on location at the Pyramid Scheme in Michigan last night. Hot take: art package looks great. The game is fairly packed, but the shots still feel open. Didn’t get a chance to hear many callouts, but the animations seem to work well. Left a good first impression, looking forward to playing some more.

#5176 2 years ago

My daughter is all in on “Baby Yoda” and keeps asking when we are getting one. We were humming the music all night long!

D7753D8A-B328-4660-9D95-6E67D76668DC (resized).jpegD7753D8A-B328-4660-9D95-6E67D76668DC (resized).jpeg
#5177 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Nice to see them rolling out!
Hope to see a Mando heading west..
[quoted image]

Soon. Very soon, at TFR.

#5178 2 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

My daughter is all in on “Baby Yoda” and keeps asking when we are getting one. We were humming the music all night long!
[quoted image]

Glad you had fun. I hope to get my location pro very soon (should be this week) I think this game will be popular with the casual fans like stranger things.

#5179 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Know TMNT very well and it is little like what I know so far about Mando. Although the coding on TMNT is so good, it would be fine if there were some similarities, as there is in most all games. Would hope Dwight would take the best of all his games he’s coded and include them in Mando to some extent. TMNT is a top tier coded game for sure and never gets old, so much to go for, so hoping and it appears Mando will be in that same vein as well.

The only other machine I have is TMNT so I can see one or the other leaving depending on which goes unplayed I guess.

#5180 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

The only other machine I have is TMNT so I can see one or the other leaving depending on which goes unplayed I guess.

Yep. I sold my TMNT to fund my Mando. After learning co-op is also in Mando it made the decision a bit easier.

#5181 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

no. i would say it's different. the lighting effects on and off are similar. shots are a lot easier in mando. vs. turtles

#5182 2 years ago

The Mando Pro arrived Thursday night at North End Pub in Lafayette, IN. The wife and I drove the 100 miles to play it.

Apart from the expected few disappointments (upper left CHILD lanes with an inactive Grogu, etc.) it played with decent flow and not much wood-chopping or drain-o effect.

The geometry for both the left and right ramps are odd/unique, but not overly difficult. The Ice Spider and Pirates multi-balls were (too) quick and simple to start, but I like that on a family-themed machine with lots of novices playing.

Combos are mostly intuitive, and it plays much like several of the better plastic-ramp Sterns. Though similar to them in a familial sense, Mando still has its own feel and pace. It would compliment TMNT, GB, GOTG, ACDC, and others in a lineup. A solid hit that could start near the Top 10 Sterns and potentially move up. Doubtful it will eclipse the Top 5, but still a solid entry with plenty of difficulty and room for the inevitable code improvements to come.

#5183 2 years ago
Quoted from VMAX:

drove the 100 miles

Now that is the way!

#5184 2 years ago
Quoted from RobOOZE:

On the floor at Game Terminal in Nashville, TN.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I was able to play a few games on yours this afternoon. Im very lucky to have GT in Nashville.

#5185 2 years ago

How did u like it

#5186 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Well confirmed today our distributor here only got a measly 13 LEs.

Wow. How’s this compare to other recent stern le’s? Wasn’t there way more zeppelin le’s that landed here?

#5187 2 years ago

So, who will be the 1st canadian to get their hands on it? can't wait anymore!!!

#5188 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

So, who will be the 1st canadian to get their hands on it? can't wait anymore!!!

Stern only provide for location in Canada. I'm sorry but you have to wait the 2nd run in november mate...

#5189 2 years ago
Quoted from November:

Stern only provide for location in Canada. I'm sorry but you have to wait the 2nd run in november mate...

This is NOT the way!

#5190 2 years ago

I’m sure P1 will have one on the floor soon.

Quoted from ChrisLIX:

This is NOT the way!

#5191 2 years ago

An inane comment while waiting for the Mandalorian pin delivery: It looks like Skywalker on the right sling plastic is the "older" Luke. Possibly Stern did the design before the end of season 2?

Spoiler:

Luke was CGI'd as age appropriate a few years after ROTJ.

#5192 2 years ago

An inane comment while waiting for the Mandalorian pin delivery: It looks like Skywalker on the right sling plastic is the "older" Luke. possibly Stern did the design before the end of season 2? Spoiler: Luke was CGI'd as age appropriate a few years after ROTJ.

He looks right to me. Definitely not the newest trilogy Luke more like the Thrawn trilogy age.

#5193 2 years ago

Looks fine to me

3E8DC8F3-7BCD-443B-8E10-64B7B512BFDA (resized).jpeg3E8DC8F3-7BCD-443B-8E10-64B7B512BFDA (resized).jpeg
#5194 2 years ago

Gameplay questions:

Stern gameplay descriptions state "Complete Missions to light extra ball." Meaning, does it take 5 missions (all of them) to light extra ball? If so, after completing 5 missions, what would you do? Shoot the foundry scoop to collect the extra ball, then shoot the razor crest center ramp to start I Like Those Odds? Do we have to complete the mini wizard mode or does it end on a last ball drain (last ball of multi ball or current one ball)? If the mini wizard mode ends, can it be re-enabled later?

Anyone know any other ways of getting an extra ball? I know you can also "buy" one with accumulated Beskar. Can you set extra ball as a replay award? Are there any other gameplay ways to light or get an extra ball? Is there an extra ball for Grogu mystery awards?

Do completing mini wizard modes light or give an extra ball?

#5195 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Looks fine to me
[quoted image]

I noticed in the Mandalorian episode 16, that Luke's hand still looked older, even though they CGI'd his face to be younger.

#5196 2 years ago

Gameplay questions:
Stern gameplay descriptions state "Complete Missions to light extra ball." Meaning, does it take 5 missions (all of them) to light extra ball? If so, after completing 5 missions, what would you do? Shoot the foundry scoop to collect the extra ball, then shoot the razor crest center ramp to start I Like Those Odds? Do we have to complete the wizard mode or does it end? If it ends, can it be re-enabled later?
Anyone know any other ways of getting an extra ball? I know you can also "buy" one with accumulated Beskar. Can you set extra ball as a replay award? Are there any other gameplay ways to light or get an extra ball? Is there an extra ball for Grogu mystery awards?

It’s usually the rule of 3. 3 missions lights EB

#5197 2 years ago

An inane comment while waiting for the Mandalorian pin delivery: It looks like Skywalker on the right sling plastic is the "older" Luke.

Mark Hamill wishes he still looked that good! He looks like ROTJ Luke to me, which seems about right. Hard to tell if there are age spots on the hands though.

#5198 2 years ago

I know many are excited about this pin, I'm assuming due to the theme more than anything. IMO, the layouts and gameplay of most of Stern machines are lacking. I know this is going to create some anger in this thread but this is only my opinion of course. Seems like many people scramble to get the next Stern machine even though it's not, most likely, going to be a good game.

I look at the top 100 list on this site and see some of the Stern machines right up under a really great machine. Deadpool is right under Attack from Mars. I've played both and Deadpool is definitely NOT even near the Attack from Mars. Is the Top 100 just a reflection of what's popular at the moment?

Asking for a friend...

#5199 2 years ago

Just play what you like and don’t worry about other peoples opinions. DP has a lot going for it in a home environment. If you just played it on location chances are you missed/couldn’t hear how great the music and the callouts are.

#5200 2 years ago

You just don’t like modern pinball. It’s okay. Not every era is for everyone.

But clearly you’re the minority in that thinking. Modern pinball is amazing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 22.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Neenah, WI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/104?hl=jrbbrj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.