pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lovef2k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 2 years ago

Did you use a lacquer based paint? I found that lacquer and stencils don't mix.

#27 2 years ago

I have had weird results with uneven paint applications. I'm thinking regular primer is not good enough to seal the porous wood. Duplicator make a primer and sealer in a single can. I'm going to try it on my next repaint.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I didn't. I've moved to using Molotow paints on all my cabinets. I purchase it from Bombing Science. I love their color variety and quality of paint.
https://shop.bombingscience.com/graffiti-paint/brands/belton-molotow-paint

I saw someone had mentioned Molotow on another thread. Maybe it was you? Anyway, I want to try them as well but I didn't really see the color options on bombings website.
Have you found a good color match for ebd from them?

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I never heard of this! Sucks!

#34 2 years ago

Anyway, thanks for posting the molotow colors. Ebd is a tough one to match. I have restored 3 of them and have another 3 in cue. The cream actually has a green hue which makes it difficult. The gold is easier. Virtually impossible to find in rattle cans. The first 2 games I used oil based paint and air sprayed. Messy clean up and generally 6 month curing time for oil before laying a clear coat. Third one was lacquer and found its a big no no for stencils. Ended up taking to an auto body shop and had a pro paint it for me I just laid the stencils for him. Price was $600 in 2017.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Anyway, thanks for posting the molotow colors. Ebd is a tough one to match. I have restored 3 of them and have another 3 in cue. The cream actually has a green hue which makes it difficult. The gold is easier. Virtually impossible to find in rattle cans. The first 2 games I used oil based paint and air sprayed. Messy clean up and generally 6 month curing time for oil before laying a clear coat. Third one was lacquer and found its a big no no for stencils. Ended up taking to an auto body shop and had a pro paint it for me I just laid the stencils for him. Price was $600 in.

So back to that playfield...lets start by doing all the tnuts and all brand new sockets and from there start to wire them in. If you aren't aware the sockets on these old games suck. If you want to save a lot of headaches later just replace them now. [quoted image]
Ice cream break. The few weeks Alyssa was able to join me this summer we spent driving around southern Michigan looking for ice cream joints. Our favorite ended up being The Hayloft in Decatur, MI. [quoted image]
More wiring. [quoted image]
Incoming Facebook message. Time travel with me back to January. A person posts an image in a pinball group asking about some games he has found in a storage unit. He wants to know some info about them and their potential value. It happened to be a game I've been keeping an eye out for, but regardless I just give them the likely value, and a few recent for sale threads for the title. And jump with me back to June. I get that Facebook message. It's the same guy. He says hey I realize I'm never going to get this game working, I know you said it was one you were interested in, and you were one of the only people to give me the real value and information about it without just trying to buy it or lowball me, so would you be interested in purchasing it. Of course I'm an addict so I said yes, and this is why I now have this game sitting in my garage (because storage unit is out of space) and waiting for restoration. [quoted image][quoted image]
Not only do I get a game I've been wanting, but it has the sweet early production blue cabinet. My CPR playfield actually just got delivered. This is the second playfield I have bought for Cheetah because I originally planned to build one from scratch. However after that playfield arrived I discovered that emsrph who was in the middle of the process didn't secure a new playfield from CPR so I agreed to sell him mine at cost. His thread is full of awesome info if you haven't seen it check it out. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/building-a-cheetah/page/2#post-6323870
Anyway, this Cheetah is on the slate for a fall restoration. I think I'm just going to do the playfield on it because the cabinet isn't that bad, and I love the original blue factor. Not that I couldn't just repaint in those colors, but I think the original uniqueness of that one should be saved.
And back home we go. Daphne is always exhausted after being at the lake because there are several other dogs up there she plays with. What kind of dog gets silk pillows and fleece blankets, straight up spoiled! [quoted image][quoted image]

I think I sold pop bumper parts to emsrph for this game a while ago.

#36 2 years ago

Agreed new lamp sockets are must on a Bally or Stern swap.

#38 2 years ago

It looks like you are loading pics just fine now! Good stuff here!

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

And back inside we go. Notice Skypilot 's rotisserie I built a few years ago. Love it.
[quoted image]
The worst part of a playfield swap is drilling into these beautiful playfields, it is truly nerve racking, and the worst of the worst is putting in the pop bumper screws. [quoted image]
New flipper mechs. [quoted image]
New stand up targets. [quoted image]
Starting with posts, I prefer clear. I think it gives the games a more modern look, and also helps a ton with lighting. My restores are not meant to look original. [quoted image]
More pinning. Always transfer or use new keypins![quoted image][quoted image] [quoted image]
Facebook memory from like 8-9 years ago. My first games all in one spot. I had gotten rid of a couch to fit all of them. Only the Baywatch remains. [quoted image]
Stopped by kruzman house to visit and repair his new WPT. Ron is the best playfield guy out there, and a great friend. I got to visit him several times this summer and really appreciate all our conversations! [quoted image]

I use a counter sinking bit for the fin screws. Go slow with a new sharp bit and not too deep. The main hole should be large enough for the threads to avoid hammering the screw down. I learned the hard way on my first swap.

Try to reuse the original fin screws. I used repro once and they snapped when assembling the pops. Do not over tighten them. The lock nuts should hold them.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

Surprisingly, rustoleum makes some good matches for the mustard and white.

The stuff I see in the stores isn't even close. Maybe I'll check their website.

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

It is now the day after my birthday and the reality that summer is very quickly approaching has struck me. I just received the Yoppsicle lights from David though and I have to go install them in Dolly because that game has been a headache. These new lights are awesome. I would say each light took roughly 3 minutes to change out, they perform so much better. I was truly happy with these, and will be using them on most of my future restores as well as fixing up a few other games I already have on location like my Power Play. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These lamp boards are cool. Does he have a website or sell these in the ps market place?

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Here is the post where he talks about them a bit and I believe he began to gather some orders from it as well.
https://www.facebook.com/1500300422/videos/257525312458277/
and another post I found
https://www.facebook.com/1500300422/videos/336950814761208/
oh and now I remembered he did set up a separate facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/Yoppsicle-Socket-Free-LED-Boards-130196225887570/

I'll look into these, thanks for posting!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lovef2k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-story-a-voltan-looked-sad-in-photographs-but-i-absolutely-?tu=lovef2k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.