Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 65 days ago by PappaDubz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 65 days ago

This is one of the hardest things I will ever have to type. My wife Diane Warden of 30 years and the love of my life has passed on Sunday 11/14/2021. She was everything to my son Nathaniel and I. She was a fighter and made it through 7 years of cancer treatment all while working and putting up with all the B.S. life threw at her. She had appendix cancer which ravaged through her body but she always had an upbeat attitude. We have been together since high school and I fell in love with her from the minute I saw her. We were inseparable form that time forward. I'm sure I never told her as much as I should have. She grew up in Chicago and went to 12 years of catholic school. We went through many good times and some bad in that 30 years but none greater than the birth of our son. She was absolutely overjoyed to find herself pregnant and loved him so much. She worked at a bank early on where she excelled quickly especially in a “good old boys club” where women were still treated unfairly. She left there to work at the computer business we started doing QuickBooks installations and building the computers. From there she started helping me with the Arcade Adventures business until finally landing a job as a Community Service Officer at the local Police Station. She loved any job where she could put her love of people and her knowledge to work. She was a special person to all that she ever came in contact with. Her striking deep blue eyes and beautiful hair captivating smile and the infectious laugh.

Most people know her as the face of our business Arcade Adventures doing shows and everything even while sick. Some of you we’ve known for as long as we have had the business and enjoyed every minute of it. She was a great partner in life as well as the business. She loved the thrill of the hunt and the sales of them as well. My son and I are at a total loss and words can't express how we are feeling. We are here but not, at the same time. Hopefully I am doing this loving wonderful person justice with the words I can get out but if you have had any interaction with her at all you know what I'm trying to say.

Like we both used to say, the show must go on, and we are trying to do just that even though it's still fresh in our mind. The life lessons I've had with her and the love we shared will never be forgotten.

#2 65 days ago

So sad man. I'll toast one to her and pour some out tonight.

#3 65 days ago

Just reading that post, your love for her just leaps off the page. I really enjoyed reading that, and I know wherever she is now, she enjoyed it too. Well done sir. I hope you can find some light in what undoubtedly seems like a dark day right now.

#4 65 days ago

sorry to hear of your loss - godspeed - per aspera ad astra

#5 65 days ago

Sorry for your loss

#6 65 days ago

My heart goes out to u and your son. I smile because as I read "total loss for words", but the way you described her makes me feel as if I know her. I can feel the love you have for her. She will be in your heart for the rest of your days. Celebrate everything about her and continue to enjoy the things you enjoyed together as she would want you to. Sending love and support from my family to yours.

#7 65 days ago

I can't believe I just read this post. I was at the setup day for the local coin op show that you and your wife always attended. You 2 always had alot of fun, and best booth. When I didn't see you today I thought it was odd. So so sorry for your loss!

#8 65 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just reading that post, your love for her just leaps off the page.

+1 to that. Sorry for your loss man.

#9 65 days ago

So sorry. I'll be praying for you and your family.

#10 65 days ago

Sorry for your loss.It sounds like you were blessed to have each other.

#11 65 days ago

I am so sorry for your loss, incomprehensible.

#12 65 days ago

I can’t imagine the pain you are feeling. Thank you for the words you wrote about her - I wasn’t expecting to cry today reading Pinside. She sounds like a wonderful person - you were blessed to have her by your side. I’m so sorry for your loss.

#13 65 days ago

That is terrible, so sorry for your loss!

#14 65 days ago

Very sorry for your loss.

#15 65 days ago

Definitely moved by your post. Sorry for your loss.

#16 65 days ago

Oh dude. I am SO sorry for your loss. Your wife was a very dear lady and I consider it a pleasure to have known her (albeit only casually). I was thinking about you two a couple weeks ago and can't imagine what your going thru right now.

Jeff, I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Again, so sorry for your loss.

Keith

#17 65 days ago

I’m so very sorry for your loss.

#18 65 days ago

Wow, what a touching post.

Your dedication to your marriage and celebration of her as a person are especially heartwarming in light of the loss you now face. I pray Diane be perpetually in the brilliance of the Lord's presence.

-Rob
-visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model 78, D, E, H & S Skee Ball

#19 65 days ago

Terrible news Jeff. Diane was such a bright spot at shows over the years, and I am happy to have known her, even if just a bit. We have missed you guys at MGC the past few years. She was a beautiful person inside and out. Much love and prayers for you and your son.

-Chris Matte

#20 65 days ago

I cannot imagine what you are going through. Deep condolences.

#21 65 days ago

A terrible loss. I'm sorry for you and your family and friends.

LTG : (

#22 65 days ago

I’m so sorry for your loss. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless you guys!

#23 65 days ago

Very sorry to hear of her passing, I wish you and your family strength moving forward Jeff. There are plenty of shoulders here if you ever need one.

#24 65 days ago

My condolences

#25 65 days ago

I am very sorry. She sounded like a wonderful person who you made a lot of great memories with. My best wishes to you and your son.

#26 65 days ago

So sorry to hear this Jeff.

You have remained so upbeat during these years of Diane being sick. You have said many times while visiting the warehouse "the show must go on". I am sure that going on without Diane will be very difficult for you and your son, but stay strong and don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything.

#27 65 days ago

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May she RIP.

#28 65 days ago

Prayers go out to you and your family

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside