(Topic ID: 94130)

This is not an exciting time for Pinball !

By stretch2

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

001-wonka-edited.jpg
    gggggggg.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    Ruby WOZ.jpg
    predator-arnie-980x653.jpg
    train-wreck.jpg
    Playfield.jpg
    image-11.jpg
    LW3.jpg
    JP.jpg
    George Popcorn.gif
    2577021946_ba985189b5_o.jpg
    hA4FEED92.jpg
    Season_4_-_Heisenberg.jpg
    1211357550323.jpg
    I hate Iron Maiden.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 9 years ago
    Quoted from BaltimoreLauren:

The trolling and amount of butt hurt in this thread is fantastic. Glad I joined these boards now..

Welcome to the mudfest! We have a lot of personal and emotional issues here.

#102 9 years ago
    Quoted from BaltimoreLauren:

The trolling and amount of butt hurt in this thread is fantastic. Glad I joined these boards now..

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-the-hec-is-it-with-you-people-and-this-hobby

Kum ba ya, my lord. Kum ba ya

#103 9 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

It's cartoony, derivative hackery, if you ask me.

I'd rather have cartoony derivatives than photoshopped "style guide" locked stuff.

Bad hand drawn still trumps the best "these are the approved PR images you may copypasta" any day. IMHO.

#104 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

Pinball has never been better...PERIOD.

I kind of liked it 20 years ago.

#105 9 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Nothing I'm not used too!

Regardless. hello everyone!

#106 9 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Have you never heard of Metallica? It has some of the best artwork ever seem in pinball and complete code with v1.6.

This ^

#107 9 years ago

George Popcorn.gifGeorge Popcorn.gif
    #108 9 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

The indie pin startups I can think of are:
    -Zidware
    -Spooky
    -Riot
    -Whizbang
    -Heighway
    -Spain pinball (forgot their name, they made that beautiful Captain Nemo pin)
    -Dutch
    -A few others I can't remember..

Don't forget JJP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#109 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Don't forget JJP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Homepin. I'm still waiting on that Thunderbirds.

#110 9 years ago

Bowen eating popcorn?

#111 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Everyone forgets Nascar. As it should be.

Ha. Classic.

#112 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Bad hand drawn still trumps the best "these are the approved PR images you may copypasta" any day.

Or not.

JP.jpgJP.jpg

LW3.jpgLW3.jpg

#113 9 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Thanks. 1st time I've smiled in 2 days.

#114 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I'd rather have cartoony derivatives than photoshopped "style guide" locked stuff.
    Bad hand drawn still trumps the best "these are the approved PR images you may copypasta" any day. IMHO.

You make a good point. I prefer dd to the photoshopped stuff. I like the late 70's early 80's stuff better.

#115 9 years ago

Touché, sir. The DE stuff is almost universally embarrassing.

#116 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

The DE stuff is almost universally embarrassing.

I think some of it turned out pretty well.
    Playfield.jpgPlayfield.jpgimage-11.jpgimage-11.jpg

#117 9 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Disclaimer : You'd have to be deaf, dumb, and blind, to not find these times exciting.
    Disclaimer to Disclaimer : Heck even Tommy would find these times exciting !

...some funny...and true stuff there...

#118 9 years ago

TFTC's artwork is amazeballs. Every time I really look at the playfield, I find something new. Did you know Hulk Hogan, Slash, Axl, and Flavor Flav all have an appearance?

#119 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Did you know Hulk Hogan, Slash, Flavor Flave, and Axl all have an appearance?

I saw Al Bundy on the translite.

#120 9 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

-Spain pinball (forgot their name, they made that beautiful Captain Nemo pin)

Quetzal Pinball

http://www.quetzalpinball.com/

Marcus

#121 9 years ago

Lets not forget about the P3 too!

Pinballs are starting to posses true computing power. Soon they will be pushing polygons on the display in real time.

#122 9 years ago

Ive been doing Coinop for many years almost 2 decades and there are highs and lows but you ride the wave, I remember buying pins by the truckload years ago for 300-500...good titles. also remember buying vids that are now insanely overpriced like discs of Tron for 6000-7000 and mine is still in the game room that I didnt pay anywhere near that price but I still have it and love it for the love of the game and the nostalgia it reminds me of my youth. I remember turning down MMs for 2500.00 thinking why would I ever pay that for a pinball and of course I am now in on the remake for 8k lol. Times change, things get hot and cold but Ive learned a few things about this hobby over the years that I will never forget, There just games and can be replaced, remade or whatever you wanna call it but the Friendships you make are why I do it, Second DO NOT get into Coinop/Pinball as an investment that will bite you in the ass every single time no hobby no matter what it is will always pay off, and lastly I see so many Newbies get in spend a bunch of money and get out just as quick not realizing what its all about, find someone that has been doing it awhile, go to shows get on pinside and just plane Network it goes far. Just my two cents on all this talk about Good for Pinball/Bad for pinball and Remakes/Refakes lol just have Fun life is to short.

Joe(acejedi)

#123 9 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

Let's face the facts. STERN answers to an investment group. Mustang is a great game with horrible sales.

Partially true. Gary Stern has complete control of the company. But he must keep the investment group happy. They have been VERY happy since 2010. Mustang is basically on pace to be the lowest selling pinball since Ironman, If it wasn't for the car guys and non-pinheads it would be considered a complete flop. There is now lots of unexpected room on the production line this summer. MMR is going to help a lot in the July/August time frame, but Stern still has a lot of spare capacity until the next game is announced/produced. Demand is there for certain remakes, so the decision was made to go with it. The main issue Stern has with the remakes is the licenses are much more expensive now than they were originally.

I personally think it is the best time to be in pinball since the late 90's.

#124 9 years ago

I never collected baseball cards, but when they started reprinting old cards again, I believe it killed the hobby. I would hate to see something similar happen to pinball.

#125 9 years ago

Well, there's always this to look forward to....(I know I bloody am)

#126 9 years ago

With the amount of quarters I dropped into games in the 70s and 80s I could have bought that IM at least twice. Put that in your smoke and pipe it.

#127 9 years ago

Comparing pinball to baseball cards is like comparing pinball to grapes. Baseball cards are 100% collectable, pinballs to most people are less than 20% or 30% collectible. You've got the collectors, the fixers, the players and now the investors (which are found these days bitching about the latest "refake").

Quoted from NYP:

I never collected baseball cards, but when they started reprinting old cards again, I believe it killed the hobby. I would hate to see something similar happen to pinball.

#128 9 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

And it won't. Why? Pinball Machines are made to be played and enjoyed. The idea of using it as some sort of investment opportunity is relatively new and is probably the worst part of the hobby IMO. Getting rid of overinflated prices will do nothing but HELP the hobby by allowing more pins to be owned by more people.

#129 9 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

You can't play a baseball card.

#130 9 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

it wasn't reprints that killed the hobby...

#131 9 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

And it won't. Why? Pinball Machines are made to be played and enjoyed. The idea of using it as some sort of investment opportunity is relatively new and is probably the worst part of the hobby IMO. Getting rid of overinflated prices will do nothing but HELP the hobby by allowing more pins to be owned by more people.

A voice of reason cries out in the wilderness. Bring them ALL down, I say!

#132 9 years ago

So ironic.

I was actually going to post something in one of the other threads that was started complaining about all the whining, and say that I hadn't really seen that much of it.

Now I understand.

#133 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

So ironic.
    I was actually going to post something in one of the other threads that was started complaining about all the whining, and say that I hadn't really seen that much of it.
    Now I understand.

Fate can be cruel at times........

#134 9 years ago

A
    train-wreck.jpgtrain-wreck.jpg
    from the beginning.

#135 9 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

Quoted from ccotenj:

it wasn't reprints that killed the hobby...

I'd like to think that it died because grown men woke the heck up and thought "Wait, I'm paying HOW much for a rectangle of cardboard with some printing on it? Christ, I gotta stop this."

#136 9 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

It's cartoony, derivative hackery, if you ask me.

2577021946_ba985189b5_o.jpg 114 KB

So what are you looking for in the art?

#137 9 years ago

Very strange movie about the love/death of pinball (among other things)...

Quote from movie: "If the bastards can kill Pinball Circus, they can kill YOU."

#138 9 years ago

I think this is a great time for pinball, reruns, best Sterns yet being made and more to come, SkitB, JJP, many other small companies throwing their hats in the ring. How could one think its a bad time???

#139 9 years ago

just spent 2 hours wrestling with some stubborn mechanical issues on my STTNG, then fired it up and hit the picard maneuver a couple times in a row, reached the final frontier with 7 artifacts, got a bunch of borg super jackpots and ended with about 9 billion. id like to see someone have that much fun with baseball cards.

#140 9 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I hate guys that call me dude.... Anyway good rant. Of course its all subjective...dude.

Dude... SWEET! (I'd MUCH rather be called dude than 'sir' )

#141 9 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

My ignore list blew up like so many pinball investment portfolios

You are lucky...I can't hit ignore.

#142 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I also disagree. Exhibit C:

predator-arnie-980x653.jpgpredator-arnie-980x653.jpg

(Or is this really supposed to be Zombie/Shar-Pei Arnold?)

#143 9 years ago

Aurich is going to make a hot chick decal to cover that

#144 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

You are lucky...I can't hit ignore.

Relinquish your modhood and rejoin your lecherous pin brothers! Of course you must go through hazing again

#145 9 years ago

I think it's exciting with JJP and several other companies also starting up. I also like some of the new Sterns but also glad to see other companies giving it a try. Competition has been needed.

#146 9 years ago

The only thing I bummed on is I want new titles. And with remakes it is less likely to see new titles anytime soon. I want some walking dead!

#147 9 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

Shar-Pei Arnold

That's how he looked before his latest surgery.

#148 9 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Relinquish your modhood and rejoin your lecherous pin brothers! Of course you must go through hazing again

Camping with Centerflank is the hazing ritual right? Ha!

#149 9 years ago

The first time is the worst

#150 9 years ago

So Williams/ballys and sterns are making re-runs .....so are the data east next ?

I'm waiting for a jersey jack wizard of oz re-run .......

There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-not-an-exciting-time-for-pinball/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.