(Topic ID: 49400)

This is not a "rebirth" of pinball... its a bubble.

By lowepg

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1020.jpg
    202_booble-gum.gif
    imagesCAXX2T9R.jpg
    Pinball-Stripper.jpg
    040313-pm-img-01.jpg
    RedPillBluePill-crop.jpg
    image.jpg
    Back-to-the-Future-back-to-the-future-.jpg
    bubble2.jpg
    bubble3.jpg
    bubblegum1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider purpletophat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

I really think the lower end pins are rising in price because that's what the new comers can afford.

Yeah that's me! I'm 33 and I hardly ever played pinball as a kid. I couldn't shell out the 50 cents when I knew my game would only last a minute or two at best, so I was all about the vids at the arcade. I truly discovered pinball through a local game repair guy who replaced a monitor on my MK2 arcade game. He invited me over to a game party, and there I discovered his amazing room of a dozen of so B/W gems in mint condition. Fell in love right then and there and so did the wife.

Would I love a CV, MM, MB, etc? Hell yes! Can I afford those? Hell no! I have a RCT, and I'm so happy I could piss! Literally, I could piss all over with happiness! I hope beyond hope that someday I can add a POTC to sit next to her. I'm hoping that if I get two and they get along well, they may have babies...

#111 10 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I speak French
    Onion = On yawn

That's cajun, not French!

1 week later
    #196 10 years ago
    Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

We had a birthday party for my son and his buddies today at the 'Tropical Fun Zone' and there are 2 pins. I was happy to see that many! Monopoly played good but was FILTHY. Steelers NFL was pretty nice. Everything else was redemption. Aside from myself, I saw 1 other guy play them in the 2 1/2 hours I was there.
    The kids LOVE getting tickets and cashing them in for (worthless) prizes. This is an 'instant gratification' world we live in folks and it's getting worse with each generation. (Are there many in their 20's or 30's not in credit card debt?) Pinball just doesn't hold their attention long enough.
    Why not make a redemption kit with software that awards tickets for hitting certain targets or accomplishing certain objectives/modes, etc. Safecracker was on the right track.

Stern has been testing redemption pinball for a while now in the Chicago area. They had an AC/DC and a Tron set up to spew tickets at Gameworks in Schaumburg for a while, and just recently I was at another place in the area that had an X-Men that had actual ticket animations on the DMD. I found it annoying, but if kids like it, then whatever I guess. The wife and I earned enough tickets to get a pack of Starburst and a Kit Kat for the ride home, so I guess it's not all bad.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider purpletophat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-not-a-rebirth-of-pinball-its-a-bubble?tu=purpletophat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.