(Topic ID: 49400)

This is not a "rebirth" of pinball... its a bubble.

By lowepg

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1020.jpg
    202_booble-gum.gif
    imagesCAXX2T9R.jpg
    Pinball-Stripper.jpg
    040313-pm-img-01.jpg
    RedPillBluePill-crop.jpg
    image.jpg
    Back-to-the-Future-back-to-the-future-.jpg
    bubble2.jpg
    bubble3.jpg
    bubblegum1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmanguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 10 years ago

There's a lot of retro arcades opening up. I don't think it'll ever be like what it once was but I'm 25 and all my friends have a blast on my pins, even the ones who've never seen one in real life before. Yeah they may drop in popularity but I don't think it's as bleak as your making it out to be. Prices will drop but there will still be demand from collectors especially if they were cheaper. I know many people in their early 20s who tell me they'd love to own a pin if it were cheaper. If someone can lower production costs that's where I really see a rebirth happening.
    Kids will still enjoy pinball if their exposed to it, it's just in this day and age most route machines are in horrible condition

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from jsauce85:

I think there will always be a collectors market and people going in and out of this hobby but with the fact that arcades rarely exist and pinballs aren't there main focal point the kids today won't have memories of them or even really know what they are. So ten maybe twenty years it will probably disappear into a thing of the past.

while i agree i have a feeling that more kids today are being exposed to pins through collectors then kids who are now in their teen years were when they were growing up. I know when I was growing up mainly in the late 90's I can only think of maybe 2 locations that had pins at that time, when I was in my late teens I started seeing alternative/punk clubs start having a pin around and now most of the trendy hipster pubs and clubs have at least one pin in them

If the market starts dropping and prices get cheap enough you'll see LOTS more people under 30 buying a pin, maybe it won't be as large a variety of pins around though as I don't know if this kind of buyer is looking to buy multiple pins

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from accidental:

Could the increase in older pin prices be down to the fact that new people are discovering pinball but don't want to pay for a NIB? Someone must be buying them and unless all the collectors have decided to ramp up their collection sizes, it must be due to new collectors entering the market, right?

ding ding ding

#37 10 years ago

I really think the lower end pins are rising in price because that's what the new comers can afford.

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from PurpleTophat:

Yeah that's me! I'm 33 and I hardly ever played pinball as a kid. I couldn't shell out the 50 cents when I knew my game would only last a minute or two at best, so I was all about the vids at the arcade. I truly discovered pinball through a local game repair guy who replaced a monitor on my MK2 arcade game. He invited me over to a game party, and there I discovered his amazing room of a dozen of so B/W gems in mint condition. Fell in love right then and there and so did the wife.
    Would I love a CV, MM, MB, etc? Hell yes! Can I afford those? Hell no! I have a RCT, and I'm so happy I could piss! Literally, I could piss all over with happiness! I hope beyond hope that someday I can add a POTC to sit next to her. I'm hoping that if I get two and they get along well, they may have babies...

I'm considering trying to add an RCT to my collection next to go with my RBION and WW in the lawlor collection I seem to be acquiring lol, was a fan of the RCT games growing up and I want something with more ramp shots that won't send me broke.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmanguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-not-a-rebirth-of-pinball-its-a-bubble?tu=pinmanguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.