(Topic ID: 49400)

This is not a "rebirth" of pinball... its a bubble.

By lowepg

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1020.jpg
    202_booble-gum.gif
    imagesCAXX2T9R.jpg
    Pinball-Stripper.jpg
    040313-pm-img-01.jpg
    RedPillBluePill-crop.jpg
    image.jpg
    Back-to-the-Future-back-to-the-future-.jpg
    bubble2.jpg
    bubble3.jpg
    bubblegum1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pdxmonkey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 10 years ago

I can't speak for Cary NC, but I can tell you out West pinball is back!
    In Portland we have new locations popping up regularly with a pretty solid line up of games throughout the city.
    Ground Kontrol which has an amazing 20+ pins is rotating games in and updating them with Leds.
    There are even lines to get in on weeknights!!! Shit there's even hot girls in there now!
    5 years ago you could go on a Friday with zero crowds and zero girls.
    Brand new arcade with tons of pins just opened in Lincoln City OR that I'm dying to check out too.

Seattle is rocking a ton of pins last few times i was there, maybe the locals can chime in but it's not just Shorty's anymore…. Seattle pinball museum just got a Woz and that sounds like a road trip ASAP. The Seattle pinball show grows every year in attendance and this year they moved to a bigger venue to accommodate the crowds.

Pin a Gogo in Northern CA is packed with people and pins, pretty excited thats in two weeks! Last year the organizers where talking about the exponential growth each year. I believe they have expanding into the party next door this year.

All that being said; those examples may not be enough to bring pinball to the state of 1992 but to say it'll burst and be gone in a decade is hardly the case.

#51 10 years ago
    Quoted from roc-noc:

Pictures or it didn't happen.

Seriously just picked em up inside ground kontrol image.jpgimage.jpg

#193 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

If you are going to the seattle show (in tacoma) this year we should zip up to seattle and check out the pinball museum and their woz etc. They got a ton of great titles there

Sounds great to me!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pdxmonkey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-not-a-rebirth-of-pinball-its-a-bubble?tu=pdxmonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.