(Topic ID: 213235)

This is INSANE: Homebrew Pin design is one thing, but a waterslide?

By c508

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 125 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Pickle
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 10.34.01 AM (resized).png
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
IMG_2283 (resized).JPG
verruckt (resized).jpg
tp (resized).jpg
2018-03-21_indictment__miles_swkc__filed_redacted.pdf (PDF preview)
Verruckt (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider c508.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I'm sure most everyone has heard of the tragic, avoidable and pointless death by decapitation at Schlitterbahn in summer of 2016. The indictment is horrifying...

I can understand a high school dropout homebrew pin designer not knowing how to use math, geometry and physics to layout a pin or test it. But to do so at a (supposedly) reputable waterpark where lives are at risk really is insane (incidentally also the name of the ride "Verruckt").

These guys make Kulek look like a genius.

Verruckt (resized).JPGVerruckt (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Full indictment follows.

2018-03-21_indictment__miles_swkc__filed_redacted.pdf2018-03-21_indictment__miles_swkc__filed_redacted.pdf

#4 6 years ago

I have seen their commercials from the 70s... looks like a lot of (risky) fun, but people were a lot less litigious then.

Still feel like I missed out though.

#9 6 years ago

Those guys are definitely going to jail... so much evidence that goes beyond negligence into actual wanton disregard for safety practices and human life territory. I would not be surprised if they plea bargain and focus all of their energy on getting the lowest possible sentence instead of trying to defend their actions (and inactions).

No way the personal injury suit makes it to court unless the goal is to bankrupt the park. Whoever represents the family in that one is probably going to be able to retire afterwards.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider c508.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-insane-homebrew-pin-design-is-one-thing-but-a-waterslide?tu=c508 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.