DSCN0673.JPG
DSCN0672.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Big under taking

DSCN0672.JPGDSCN0672.JPG DSCN0673.JPGDSCN0673.JPG

#2 11 years ago

At least everythings easy to get to.

#3 11 years ago

Nice!, What's the story behind this machine? I would be curious to see the other side

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from xkane47:

Nice!, What's the story behind this machine? I would be curious to see the other side

Hercules. ( check http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl )

LTG : )

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from xkane47:

Nice!, What's the story behind this machine?

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from rlevin:

Big under taking

You could have left it upright and just got on a creeper and slid under the open bottom doors.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You could have left it upright and just got on a creeper and slid under the open bottom doors.

To change the oil and filter?

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

BAZINGA!

#9 11 years ago

I'll bet it needs some really big balls

#10 11 years ago

From what I read it used a cue ball (or size of cue ball 2 1/8")

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, to see if you can solder and not drip any on your face.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Nice. I'll leave that to the experts!

#13 11 years ago

I just watch a video on youtube, this thing is a monster!! wow

#14 11 years ago

Are these worth anything or just a white elephant?

#15 11 years ago

They are very neat at a show. great WOW factor I have one every year at PINBALL EXPO AND OHIO pinball show... come play By the way last year i changed a playfield on one of these. mike pacak

#16 11 years ago

I still cant get over the size of this thing. Just saw it for the first time in another post a few days ago. You could put three coin doors across the front...

Definatly going to read the story behind this one.

#17 11 years ago

S L O W E S T and most boring game EVAR.

#18 11 years ago

If it ever stops working there is an alternate use for it.

unforgiven-ned-3.jpgunforgiven-ned-3.jpg

#19 11 years ago

Does it have a tilt bob in it? Can someone nudge it?

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Tony01:

Does it have a tilt bob in it? Can someone Nudge it?

Yup. The one at PPE tilts rather easily, actually.

We got a game of split flipper tommy dollars on it. 8 players, so 8 dollars on the table.

#21 11 years ago

I used to play one years ago at Canobie Lake Park in Salem NH... SLOW SLOW machine, but still way cool.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from rlevin:

Big under taking

Hmmmm, looks like blondetall's tartis

#23 11 years ago

If you replace the original cue ball with a tracl ball which is just slightly smaller BUT lighter the game plays much faster.. really

#24 11 years ago

I remember walking into "Fun And Games" arcade in Framingham Mass when this thing came out. It was just a monster. They put it right in the center of the second room and it was popular for about a week. Then we all went back to our regularly scheduled games. It may not have changed the world, but it was back when pinball manufacturers would take risks and put out something like that.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from smokey_789:

Hmmmm, looks like blondetall's tartis

That looks further along than the Tardis right now. Two jobs puts a slowdown on the remodeling.

Any update on the open house dates OP?

#26 11 years ago

Does it have a tilt bob in it?

I believe they look something like this-

th-15.jpegth-15.jpeg

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

They're a big attraction. Everyone who sees a Hercules for the first time HAS to play a game. Excitement ususally lasts for exactly one game, because gameplay is slow and boring.

Like starting in a speedboat race with an oil tanker.

#28 11 years ago

There's usually one brought to every pinball show (have to be insane to load that). Still remember playing one as a kid in Tucson Arizona at some western theme park

#29 11 years ago

The arcade at Cedar Pointe still has two of these in decent working order. They are huge and a pretty cool novelty. Not the greatest player, but still fun IMHO.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I get solder on my face working at a bench.
I may need practice.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

They have a couple of things working against them value-wise. Like many old arcade video games, they're huge. Only sold locally. Imagine paying to have one shipped across the country. Secondly, there can't be a lot of parts available for them any more. Guys that are keeping them running are doing it for the hobby. No one is getting rich fixing Hercule's.

Quoted from Fatsquatch:

That's not the point. It's the biggest friggin pin ever made. By a mile. Like Orbitor 1 or Safe Cracker, if you see one at a show, you should play at least one game. One and done. Notch your belt and move on.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

I get solder on my face working at a bench.
I may need practice.

Or some magnifier glasses so you don't have to get so close! Foster Grant makes some with lights in the fronts near each earpiece. Personally, I like 3x's for really close work.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Like Orbitor 1 or Safe Cracker, if you see one at a show, you should play at least one game. One and done. Notch your belt and move on.

I agree on Orbiter 1 and Hercules, but Safecracker is actually fun and was an entirely new spin on pinball, a timed game, not 3 balls and done. I really enjoyed SC back in the day and I still have a few of those tokens it gave out in my token collection.

I know it has it's detractors, as does EVERY pin, but I like it and would love to own one. Too bad they're way overvalued right now.

#34 11 years ago

There has been one at Blainebrook bowl in MN for all you northern pinheads

Chris

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Bingo machines are more exciting than Hercules.

2 weeks later
#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Ring-Them-Bells:

Bingo machines are more exciting than Hercules.

I struggled to get through three balls. I wonder if you could have a lightweight aluminum ball machined to speed it up?

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

I struggled to get through three balls. I wonder if you could have a lightweight aluminum ball machined to speed it up?

They should make a big ass TZ powerball for it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-how-you-work-on-the-worlds-largest-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.