image-859.jpg
image-230.jpg
image-735.jpg
image-345.jpg
image-636.jpg
image-366.jpg
trip.jpg
ft.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from rockotaco1:

I must be insane. I just got back from a one day 1,235 mile journey all by my lonesome. The hunt for Fish Tales is over! I'm really stoked, got an amazing deal on this machine. It sat in storage from 1998-2006 and then it was moved to a vacation home and probably saw less than 100 plays over the next 8 years. Cabinet is a 9/10, Playfield is an easy 10/10. The insides are extremely clean and the game plays flawlessly. I know some of you will probably want to know how much I paid for it, but it's my little secret hehe. I worked hard to get this deal to happen, and it was a now or never type situation. I jumped on it immediately.
This is just a little bit of proof that if you bust your butt hard enough, you can still find amazing deals. They are definitely out there. I am extremely happy to finally have this game in my collection. Perfect timing for the Color DMD too. Woo hoo! Tomorrow I will probably grab some shots of the playfield. I was really shocked when I saw how nice it looked in person. Definitely justified my driving efforts. I should have stayed at a motel but I was all hopped up on caffeine, combos and some chocolate lol. If I started to nod off I definitely would have pulled over to a rest stop or motel though. I used to drive a sweeper truck third shift for 5 years for a living, so it's kind of in my blood I guess. It is officially time for bed. I've never driven this far in my life by myself in one go around. I'm definitely crazy lol. It's worth it though for the love of pinball IMO.
You will be unwrapped tomorrow. Oh yes, you will be unwrapped.

ft.jpg 119 KB

trip.jpg 10 KB

Yup, you got me beat, 900 miles for me but mine worked out better money wise for the trip. I'm a courier and had a delivery to the city where the game I was buying was to be picked up. After the delivery I drove 7 miles, picked up the game from a fellow pinsider and drove home. ALL ON THE BOSSES GAS TAB. And because it was a high paying run my boss gave me a $300 bump on my pay check.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Wow, Rocko, you and I both made MASSIVE drives over the weekend. I drove from Melbourne, FL to Dayton, OH - 1020 miles - in 16 hours. I totally and completely 100% understand your enthusiasm and pain/recovery. I was starting to see imaginary friends the last half hour of my drive.
Congrats on your FT!!!! Man, that is some serious dedication.

What did ya get?

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from MonkeyGrass:

I love the dedication!!
Last year, a friend and I flew to Chicago, rented a U-Haul, and drove back to NC - for Police Force. He had a serious "thing" for that game. Of course, we find out when we get there, that the game is in a 3rd story converted attic/gameroom (complete with non-code narrow spiral staircase - I have NO idea how he even got it up there) and after 2 hours of nearly killing ourselves trying to get it down 3 flights of narrow stairs, we finally got it loaded in the U-Haul... only to have the truck refuse to start. Awesome!!
Next day, we get the truck swapped out, and end up with one that had a bad ECU!! At this point, the truck is loaded (with the pin and several personal belongings as he was relocating to NC) and we discover the problem as we're lurching and stuttering down Lake Shore Drive, in rush hour, with a Screw-Haul truck that won't go more than 45 mph and is bucking and lurching like a mechanical bull!! Now, keep in mind that this is the 4th of July. No service centers are open, we're pretty much stuck with this POS truck, so we decided to at least try to make the trip...
I kid you not - 2 1/2 days later, we finally make it to NC. It was brutal and we had serious doubts as to whether the truck was even going to make it thru WV. 15-20 mph the whole way thru the Blue Ridge. Nauseous, back aching and head throbbing from getting tossed around like popcorn inside a hot air popper. Fortunately, we took video of the ordeal and sent it to to VP of Customer Relations. Not only was the truck, gas, food and hotels, paid for by Screw-Haul, he even got his $1000 back for paying the movers. Which essentially, made the pinball machine FREE!
However, I would gladly kick out $1k to not go thru that ordeal EVER again. In the end, we got the pin, and it was practically free. So it was worth it, I guess... but wow man, that was one hell of a road trip! :O

I'll say that was some trip. Good one to laugh about 20 years from now when you two get together.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

My DeLorean back with a turbocharged VR6 engine installed, Eibach lowering springs, Spax performance adjustable shocks, Megasquirt 3.0 EFI, and Wilwood brake setup. Went in Nov 2013 and drove it home on Sunday.
All work listed was done at SEO Motorsports.
Boy, was it worth the money.

Home_1.jpg 76 KB

Finished_1.jpg 66 KB

Lookin good. I sat in the Back to the Future DeLorean on the Bonneville Salt flats when the current owner drove it out there.... not to race.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from ranchdrsn:

Did something similar for a FT before I got mine now. Not quite the 1500 miles, but 500 and an entire day wasted because the seller was an idiot... I was in and out in 10 min, nearly punched the guy I was so pissed.

Ohhhh....I've never had that happen before.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

12,500 (OBO)
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-how-you-know-you-love-pinball-just-drove-1235-miles-in-one-day?tu=mustangpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.