Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Insane
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
FB_IMG_1484356201696 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1484356228416 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1484356308952 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1484356376286 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1484356400566 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1484356411630 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1484356446529 (resized).jpg
20160729_184640 (resized).jpg
93d6bb50b1ebcd2400450fee0aca6098 (resized).jpg
0602141528 (resized).jpg
IMG_0012 (resized).JPG
Hercules (resized).jpg
FridgeHauler (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 2 years ago

This is how you haul a pinball machine when your wife takes your pinball hauler grocery shopping and you need to get a game home! Made it 30 miles with no problem but lots of stares from other cars

20161227_134206 (resized).jpg

20161227_134215 (resized).jpg

20161227_134154 (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

Oh god, you're crazy. Why not take off the head and enclose the whole thing inside the car?

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Oh god, you're crazy. Why not take off the head and enclose the whole thing inside the car?

Had to get home... plus I still dont think it would of fit because of the way the seats folded down they were in the way. I did stop and add another strap that i connected to the seat mounts just for extra support. trust me this thing was not going anywhere. The look on my wifes face was priceless when i pulled in our driveway like this!

#4 2 years ago

Were the front wheels off the ground?

#5 2 years ago

This reminds me of how my date nights usually end up.

#6 2 years ago

Cool, What make and Model year is that car?

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from cyroute:

This is how you haul a pinball machine when your wife takes your pinball hauler grocery shopping

She thought it would stop you from getting antoher pin, you showed her! Nice job

#8 2 years ago

Drac almost had you poppin' wheelies

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Cool, What make and Model year is that car?

2013 Nissan Versa

#10 2 years ago

Buy a small trailer. You'll be able to move 4 pins on an 8 footer and a small car (1 in car and 3 on trailer)

image (resized).jpeg

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

Buy a small trailer. You'll be able to move 4 pins on an 8 footer and a small car (1 in car and 3 on trailer)

Showoff!!

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

This reminds me of how my date nights usually end up.

Haha that reminds me of another pin I picked up on vacation in Myrtle Beach wife wanted to go to yard sales etc... so I started to surf craigslist and found a Mata Hari about 20 miles away. We had nice dinner reservations that night but she agreed to check out the pins since it was cheap 300.00. We ended up getting the game and had to pack two sets of golf clubs 5 peoples luggage and all the other crap we brought and bought on our 10 day vacation in a Hyndai Sante Fe. You couldnt get a credit card to fit in the back of that car on the way home. Never did make our nice dinner...

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

I prefer to rent the UHaul trailers. They are covered, cheap, and you don't have to worry about where to store the trailer when it isn't used.

#14 2 years ago

My normal pin hauler is a Dodge Durango have no problems getting two pins in that thing. I could probably get three EM's in it with heads off. I also have friends with a trailer for bigger hauls but this day I improvised.

#15 2 years ago

I ended up getting a 5'x8' trailer after I realized my Explorer / Pin Hauler was not enough when you need a fridge hauler.

I did this down the highway and can't believe they didn't pull me over. It would not go in any further since it was hung up on the dome light. (I did have a strap when driving)

FridgeHauler (resized).jpg

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I ended up getting a 5'x8' trailer after I realized my Explorer / Pin Hauler was not enough when you need a fridge hauler.
I did this down the highway and can't believe they didn't pull me over. It would not go in any further since it was hung up on the dome light. (I did have a strap when driving)

Geezus, I would've yanked that dome light just to get it in more. Even if you broke it, a dome light is cheap compared to a citation or an accident. At least you had a strap.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from cyroute:

This is how you haul a pinball machine when your wife takes your pinball hauler grocery shopping and you need to get a game home! Made it 30 miles with no problem but lots of stares from other cars

Thank you for this. Laughed for like 3 minutes.

#18 2 years ago

Frickin awesome!

#19 2 years ago

That was in my driveway, He didn't want to do it but I didn't want my wife seeing another pin in the garage, we hauled a 3 pins and arcade home that day, thank goodness she was out when we pulled in my driveway!! made for a hell of a picture and arrived safely

#20 2 years ago

Awesome, thats' a classic. In Illinois I would worry about the road salt, one reason I don't cycle in the winter.

#21 2 years ago

You get an "ATTA BOY" for that one.
Not sure I would have risked it.

#22 2 years ago

Nice! I could have went to pick it for you.

#23 2 years ago

All these pictures remind me of birthing videos I had to watch back in the day.

#24 2 years ago

Much braver than I, glad it made it home safe!

#25 2 years ago

If not picking it up in that car meant you wouldn't get the game, every one of you in this thread would have picked it up in that car too.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

All these pictures remind me of birthing videos I had to watch back in the day.

"had" to watch... ?

lol

#27 2 years ago

Been there... done that...

Hercules (resized).jpg

#28 2 years ago

Oh, you were that guy? Dave Manthey sale?

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

"had" to watch... ?

I know, right? Damn public education sex-ed classes of the early 80's.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

That was him, I remember it too. Love that Tommy gate and extra long truck bed...

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

DANG! But who the hell wants two Hercules pins? Or has the space to dedicate to those monsters?

#32 2 years ago

Go big, or go home

IMG_0012 (resized).JPG

#33 2 years ago

Found an arcade at Goodwill. Had to take it with me at the time, this is the result.

0602141528 (resized).jpg

#34 2 years ago

Congrats on BSD. Remind me to never follow you guys on the freeway....... carry on!

#35 2 years ago

Nice work OP

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

DANG! But who the hell wants two Hercules pins?

I helped Paul Reno move these for a customer of his. He asked if I could help move a couple of games. I said sure.... doh!

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

#38 2 years ago

Actually, there were 3 of those beasts. And they are still in my way....
And Foo still speaks to me

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from cyroute:

Had to get home...

Hurry... Get it inside before it fades. Nice red on the side cabinet.

#40 2 years ago

Its the beer you need to worry about hauling

93d6bb50b1ebcd2400450fee0aca6098 (resized).jpg

#41 2 years ago

Rent a pickup truck with hitch, haul your trailer.
Rent a van, and don't haul your trailer.
It would have been around $50 (with fuel and mileage costs included).

Winter season normally never ends well in these circumstances.
You were fortunate, there was no precipitation, poor driving conditions, and you did not get pulled over.
What was done was illegal and dangerous, if the car was driven on a state road or interstates in PA.
The ticket would have cost more than the rental.

#42 2 years ago

Thats awesome!@!! Queue the music

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

DANG! But who the hell wants two Hercules pins? Or has the space to dedicate to those monsters?

You can make a lot of dough when someone wants one and you're the only seller.

#44 2 years ago

I've done 6 games on a 6 foot f150 bed

20160729_184640 (resized).jpg

#45 2 years ago

Most of these trips are 100 plus mile trips one way. Two were over 300.

FB_IMG_1484356446529 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1484356411630 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1484356400566 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1484356376286 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1484356308952 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1484356228416 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1484356201696 (resized).jpg

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

That was in my driveway,

I knew I recognized that property. Nice job boys. I like pic #2, where you can see a large enclosed trailer available in the background.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I saw that and thought it must have been Dave's collection also.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Did the fridge work when you got it home? I've always heard that you should never transport or store a refrigerator in anything but it's normal upright position.

#49 2 years ago

IMG_1145 (resized).JPG

IMG_1143 (resized).JPG

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Did the fridge work when you got it home? I've always heard that you should never transport or store a refrigerator in anything but it's normal upright position.

Yes, still working to this day and that picture is at least 7 years old. The reason I picked it up like that was it was 2 days before Christmas and my mother had asked me to store food for the holidays. My refrigerator died so I panicked and ran to the Sears scratch & dent store. (great deals maybe 1/2 price, band new, just pick one where the imperfection will be against a wall)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 109.99
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wappingers Falls, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Customs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside