6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Hi, my name is Steve. I have been a pinball collector, sort of, off and on for years now. Mostly off for the last 10. Starting a business there was no money for pinball, then starting a family there was no room! We finally bought a house with a nice finished basement last year. So now there is room. Previously I have owned a medieval madness, my all time favorite game, a scared stiff, a black rose, and two guns n roses. Now finally after 10 long years I can finally afford another MM. Well it's about 6-7 months away, need to pay some business equipment off first, but there is a light at the end of this long dark pinball'less tunnel. Im planning on a new MMR, unless I find a smoking deal on a used one. Now for my question, I know I'm still a few months away, but I'm just a little excited! I never had a new in box game before. What do you do when you get them? Do you play them right away or do you wax the balls and playfield? Anything else to do before you fire them up to help preserve them or are they ready to go? Steve

#2 6 years ago

Welcome Steve.

For a new in the box pin. I like to unbox and get on it's legs and backbox up. Then check under the playfield, inside cabinet, and backbox for anything that came loose. Check that all connectors are on and in tight.

Then I like to clean the playfield in the easy to reach areas. Clean the balls and put them in. Level the game and set playfield pitch.

Then plug in, turn the game on and see where you are at.

If it powers up, make any adjustment changes I want. Play a ball. If all good, if I'm open I start a new game and let a customer have the first game.

LTG : )
    Disclaimer : Since you are looking into a MMR, I'd make friends with their tech support guy pronto. You may never need him. But if you do....................

#3 6 years ago

Thanks, Lloyd, right? I remember you from RGP years ago. Are the MMR's that troublesome? I'm still a little torn on what to buy. I'm an auto tech by trade and half the fun for me is tinkering with them. However I don't want to pay similar money for a used one when I can get a new one for 8k. I just enjoy the game, and don't need need collector quality or nib. But at the same time I don't want to pay 7k for a project.

#4 6 years ago

MMR has been 0 trouble so far and I’ve had it for 2 years and play it regularly. You’ll love it!

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dodgefolks:

Thanks, Lloyd, right?

Yes.

Quoted from Dodgefolks:

I remember you from RGP years ago.

Thank you.

Quoted from Dodgefolks:

Are the MMR's that troublesome?

No. I was kidding. I'm doing tech support for PPS/CGC Remakes, and JJP. Remakes have been great. Tech support is light. ( same with JJP games )

LTG : )

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-an-introduction-a-question?hl=dodgefolks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.