You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

What The Fuck.gif
IMG_1710.JPG
IMG_1709.JPG
IMG_1711.JPG

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago
IMG_1711.JPGIMG_1711.JPG
#2 8 years ago

Stupid more like it.

Glad to see the game on location, but not much respect for the title.

It's gonna get beat
faz

#3 8 years ago

Actually, it's up there for a reason. Nobody will push their carts by it or knock into it with their laundry. This place is so amazing. They have like $200,000 worth of pins in MINT condition. Like MINT. I was shocked.

IMG_1709.JPGIMG_1709.JPG
#4 8 years ago

Is that Safecracker on top of the washers??

Chris

#5 8 years ago

Holy cow! Context my friend... context.

I thought this was one pin in a laundry. That's TOTALLY amazing!

Where is this??

faz

#6 8 years ago

Looks like sunshine laundry in brooklyn. Is it?

#7 8 years ago

I can just imagine how much lint gets into these machines.

#8 8 years ago

Amazing... And I got laundry to do... where is this place?

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I can just imagine how much lint gets into these machines.

My fear was a bottle of bleach dumping over the glass.

Don't think beer seal will help much.
faz

#10 8 years ago

Every time I see pictures of that place I gotta wonder about the humidity. Not like those ceiling fans do much to help. Those machines have to have some issues with moisture over time I would think.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from pin15:

Amazing... And I got laundry to do... where is this place?

Sunshine Laundromat in Brooklyn I think based on the crazy lineup. Nate from C2C pinball talks about it sometimes.

#12 8 years ago

Commercial machines designed for all kinds of locations. No need to worry.

#13 8 years ago

the stangest thing I can see is nobody is playing one of those pins when the pic was taken.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

This place is so amazing. They have like $200,000 worth of pins in MINT condition. Like MINT. I was shocked.

It's always cool to see pics of the Sunshine Laundromat - thanks for posting!

After hearing about it so much on Coast2Coast, it's a future must-see for me the next time I'm in NYC.

#15 8 years ago

It is Sunshine. I'll take more pics next time I go. It's the perfect 45 minute bike ride from my place. There's also a Monster Bash, Attack from Mars, AC/DC BIB, SPider-Man Black, Indiana Jones, Cactus Canyon...i mean...it's insane. And oh yeah, one of these...

IMG_1710.JPGIMG_1710.JPG
#16 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

Glad to see the game on location, but not much respect for the title.

Any guy that puts a BBB on location is a bad ass in my book. That IS respect for the title

#17 8 years ago

Sunshine is awesome and the games are well taken care of.

#18 8 years ago

Some one should do a brief write up of Sunshine Laundry. If it already done please post its location.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Some one should do a brief write up of Sunshine Laundry. If it already done please post its location.

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=sunshine+laundry+brooklyn

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

That IS respect for the title

I guess our opinions will differ. I feel putting a machine in harms way is not respectful. Bleach, laundry soap, lint, moisture....all evil.

Like I said originally, I am grateful for an op putting the game on route. That IS a huge thing and given the clarification that this is a gameroom with a laundromat rather than a laundromat with a lone game in it.... I have conceded that this is a different story.

Putting a game on route is always a risk but I believe that game of this beauty deserves to be in a proper arcade (that CV too). Galloping Ghost comes to mind. I'm not even crazy about seeing this game in a bar....beer seal or not.

People were calling the guy who put a BBB at expo crazy...but I totally disagree. Most of the people at Expo had a considerable respect for the games. If it was going to get the play counters increased, Expo was definitely the place and appreciated by those that love the hobby.

I wish the op well and the games. It takes only one dopey college student to put a bottle of bleach through the playfield glass.

faz

#21 8 years ago

One point of further clarification. We're not talking about STTNG (also there) that's a great game but is not a piece of artwork.

IMO BBB is an original piece of artwork demanding far more respect than most other games.

faz

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

One point of further clarification. We're not talking about STTNG (also there) that's a great game but is not a piece of artwork.
IMO BBB is an original piece of artwork demanding far more respect than most other games.
faz

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

faz

I wonder if a patron who loses a quarter because of a coin jam or plays a game that lasts only a minute will refrain from kicking the front door because it is "a piece of art"?

#24 8 years ago

Games are meant to be played and enjoyed.
Glad to see them out on route.
Rather than hoarded and hidden away.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

faz

What The Fuck.gifWhat The Fuck.gif

Great place !! Nice to see

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

Them's fighting words, and I am not kidding!

#27 8 years ago

This place looks freaking absurd by the way. I would have the cleanest clothes on earth.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

This place looks freaking absurd by the way. I would have the cleanest clothes on earth.

They might not let you play pinball in just your boxers.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Is that Safecracker on top of the washers??
Chris

Ultimate shaker motor!

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Fine, fine, I'll take em off ...

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I wonder if a patron who loses a quarter because of a coin jam or plays a game that lasts only a minute will refrain from kicking the front door because it is "a piece of art"?

The place is obviously staffed, and front door kicking is probably met with same or worse.

#32 8 years ago

Does anyone know who runs this place, or if they're on any pinball forums?

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Any guy that puts a BBB on location is a bad ass in my book. That IS respect for the title

I agree and anyone who brings a BBB to a freeplay pinball festival for hundreds to play is bad assed also.

#34 8 years ago

Looks like a great place to play some pinball, but I'm not sure BBB is unprecedented on location.

Doesn't LTG have one at SS Billiards?

#35 8 years ago

I have been to a few Barcades but never a Laundrycade!

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

This is exactly why I own my own pinball machines.

#37 8 years ago

Interesting timing... There was a story in the WSJ yesterday about this place. He's trying to get a liquor license! I stay with friends in Sunset Park when I'm up there, def gonna have to check it out! I'm hearing lots of pinball noise from Brooklyn lately.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

If it really is a piece of artwork, then all the better being on location where any 10yo kid could go and experience it for a quarter.

#39 8 years ago

This is amazing. How anyone can think these are pieces of artwork and shouldn't be on location I can't understand. Most of the people I know with super high end machines don't really play them. And to be honest the more expensive my collection got, the less I played them. I sold off a lot of it. BBB is a super cool game. I'd be psyched to see one on location. Next time I'm in the area I will definitely put some quarters in.. the pinball machines. I hate laundromats.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Darcy, don't know if you saw this or it was posted already somewhere else. Its a write-up in the Wall Street Journal about Sunshine Laundromat.

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2015/04/14/in-brooklyn-the-laundromat-as-hangout-the-wall-street-journal/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog: http://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pbsupernova?ref=hl

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PinbalSupernova

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYkP5URZoS8NApETWc7uBmA/feed?view_as=public

#41 8 years ago

how can anyone with a large amount of quarters and a large wait time, not try one while doing laundry?

I know I would have to! THANKS FOR SHARING sweet lineup

#42 8 years ago

wow and Pete Rose is co manager. so cool.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

I guess our opinions will differ. I feel putting a machine in harms way is not respectful. Bleach, laundry soap, lint, moisture....all evil. faz

Really??? Evil?? What about Beer, cigarette smoke, rough patrons?? Or god forbid a pin is place in chucky cheese with all those double flippin bitch ass kids?? GASP!

These machines are built to EARN money and take abuse, not be babied and stashed away to be played a hundred times per year.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

Really??? Evil?? What about Beer, cigarette smoke, rough patrons?? Or god forbid a pin is place in chucky cheese with all those double flippin bitch ass kids?? GASP!
These machines are built to EARN money and take abuse, not be babied and stashed away to be played a hundred times per year.

Hmmm. Is Chuckee Cheese the worst location for a pin, abuse-wise? It's got to be up there.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Hmmm. Is Chuckee Cheese the worst location for a pin, abuse-wise? It's got to be up there.

Got me thinking .... probably that's why operaters in Holland put them in Coffee-Shops.
There they will have Love and Peace around them

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Coffee-Shops.
There they will have Love and Peace around them

I dunno- I watched Special When Lit again recently and I'm pretty sure there was a segment about the deviant 70s coffee houses and how the waitresses and patrons would get all hopped up on caffeine and dance on tables while they weren't busy working out their base urges on the pinball machines....

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

wow and Pete Rose is co manager. so cool.

joking right?

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from Law:

I dunno- I watched Special When Lit again recently and I'm pretty sure there was a segment about the deviant 70s coffee houses and how the waitresses and patrons would get all hopped up on caffeine and dance on tables while they weren't busy working out their base urges on the pinball machines....

Coffee-Shops Holland vs Coffee-Shops America
Quite a difference

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

I guess our opinions will differ. I feel putting a machine in harms way is not respectful. Bleach, laundry soap, lint, moisture....all evil.

I would venture to guess that a good percentage of pinball machines in residences share space in the basement with washers and dryers. Moisture and lint that gets through the filter are vented outside. If they are not, that homeowner doesn't likely own a nice pinball machine if any at all.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

...in chucky cheese with all those double flippin bitch ass kids??

that is one fantastic piece of writing dude...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 209.00
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-an-amazing-sight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.