Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by lb45
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What would you think of a poll functionality on the Pinside forum?”

• Great! I love polls! 20 votes
      83%
    • Mwah, it's cool, but I don't really care about polls. 3 votes
      13%
    • Neh, please don't bore me with other people's opinions. 0 votes
    • A poll? What's a poll? 1 vote
      4%

(24 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Animated_Gif_Sexy_(7).gif
    #1 14 years ago

Tonight, I was messing around with some new functionality for our forum: polls!

I got it working (I think), but before I invest more time in it I would love to hear how you - our beloved visitors - feel about a poll function on the Pinside forum.

So, let me know by voting in the box above. And if you don't like polls then also let me know (yeah, I know ... the irony in that).

Curious!

By the way: feel free to comment on the subject as well

#2 14 years ago

polls are cool Robin,come up with some good ones.

#3 14 years ago

Not living in Europe I don't have much experience with Polls

#4 14 years ago

Well I can imagine a vote on one of your pinball ladies photos, BD

Other examples of polls could be:
    - The latest Stern announcement, what do you think abouth the theme?
    - New functionality vote on the Pinside - vote it and we will built
    - What do you use to clean your playfield?
    - Favourite pinball manufacturer.

Etcetera...

#5 14 years ago

Racy photos ? ME !!??? I have no idea what you are talking about BTW I just got off the phone with Wolfman an hour ago. He'll be here tomorrow afternoon. I'll post up some pics of the A-Go-Go and maybe one or two of the jukeboxes. Gotta find a model to pose with them though.

A PinBabe pic of the week poll ? I'm all for that

Animated_Gif_Sexy_(7).gifAnimated_Gif_Sexy_(7).gif

#7 14 years ago

Just a couple of ideas> what new technology would you like to see Stern do with pinball and what new titles or themes for new pins?

#8 14 years ago

Polls are a lot of fun to do. All those are good suggestions for polls Robin. Aside from getting thoughts on new Stern designs, polls may alleviate some needless forum threads on stuff like, whats the best PF cleaner to use for X under this situation (Novus 1, Novus 2, Novus 3, etc).

Also thought pinside needed something fun on the home page. The marketting slogan thing is fun to read, but I feel there needs something more so I can make Pinside my permanent homepage. VP forums is my home page and they put up a "fan facts" ("did you know?") info pane on the welcome page. Lots of fun little pinball facts that people like myself love to check out. Stuff like, the cows in alot of pinball games, Tina Fey as the voice for the damsel in Medieval Madness, the legal battle that went on over the art in Space Invaders, the batteries on Elvira's bed for Scared Stiff's backglass has a sexual story behind it (flashlight was placed next to it to avoid concerns), or that Bram Stoker's Dracula was originally meant to be a pinball for Alien 3.

#9 14 years ago

I think it's good gives the site a little more depth

#10 14 years ago

I dislike political polls, but here would be good for sure! Something different.

Would anyone be able to start them?

#11 14 years ago

I'll do !
    First Pool :

How many people are ready to put the car outside the garage , to install more pins.

( I heard some people wondering replace the term "car" with "wife" ?=)

Haha ..

Votes are open :

#12 14 years ago

Can we have a choice to move BOTH the car and wife outside, in order to make more room lb45? If so, put me down for that one.

I can't have a GF or wife sleep under a machine. Might screw up the bottom of the cabinet during a nightmare.

#13 14 years ago

I think polls are fun too. They're quick and an easy way to see what everyone is thinking.

#14 14 years ago

I vote for putting out the wife, her car, and the kids !! I'll keep the dog and more pinballs inside.

#15 14 years ago

I agree BD. nice vote. (not to steal a George Carlin joke - RIP) If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't the people from Holland called holes?

#16 14 years ago

Thanks for the laugh VT8man .. I guess the people who migrate from Austria to Holland should be called A-Holes ?

#17 14 years ago

Ouch it hurts to hear the real truth...

#18 14 years ago

be nice to Robin! Holland is awesome! I was there!

better than canaDUH!

#20 14 years ago

How about a Kentucky hillbilly-but I do own shoes.

#21 14 years ago

Poll Result :

- Majority off pinsiders are ready to sell their cars , and get the bus daily if necessary, to store a few pins more in the garage

- A few (..,..) are ready to live in the garage with their games : do it now . Just install a small bed , for the nights when you wife make much noise .

- others didn"t answer because they are already in the bed they have installed
    or can't respond to this survey because they share the login of pinside with their wife.

100% are addicts . Yes we are - OMG - So good.....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-a-test-topic-please-ignore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.