Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by boilerman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161211_201849 (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

i have stripped plenty of playfields over the years and the game name and number screened on the upper left on the pf has ALWAYS been black. i noticed melody was screened in light blue. anyone ever see anything other than black?

20161211_201849 (resized).jpg20161211_201849 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Nope. Never seen anything but black lettering.

#3 7 years ago

prob ran outa black, and needed to finish the last few in a run??

#4 7 years ago

Normally they screen all of one color together. My guess is they put the game name on the blue screen instead of the black screen which is unusual.

#5 7 years ago

Those crazy AAB versions.....

#6 7 years ago

I wonder if maybe all "Melody" models had this. Can anyone check?

#7 7 years ago

My Williams 1954 Spitfire has 'Spitfire' screened in blue.

#8 7 years ago

Seems I've seen blue before on a machine also, but I don't recall it on Melody, or actually,
    on any 60s/70s Gottlieb..

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

Seems I've seen blue before on a machine also, but I don't recall it on Melody, or actually,
    on any 60s/70s Gottlieb..

Hey Mopar. Check your PM.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Hey Mopar. Check your PM.

No PM popped up. This happened before also, and I later found out a PM didn't arrive that I sent
    till days later. Maybe it's because I joined the group fairly recently..
    You had a Gottlieb in Blue? You're certainly welcome to email direct. timnewarkny at gmail dot com

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_of_Style:

prob ran outa black, and needed to finish the last few in a run??

That would be unfortunate for the rest of the playfield :O

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

No PM popped up. This happened before also, and I later found out a PM didn't arrive that I sent
    till days later. Maybe it's because I joined the group fairly recently..
    You had a Gottlieb in Blue? You're certainly welcome to email direct. timnewarkny at gmail dot com

Actually, you have answered the question I pm'd you about. I thought I knew who you were based on your location, and you have confirmed that by your email address.
    I met you once many years ago at one of the Rochester shows.
    I was up in your area recently. Geneva.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I met you once many years ago at one of the Rochester shows.
    I was up in your area recently. Geneva

Do you remember what show? The Dome was alright, but the one at the Armory I liked best.
    Sounds like you're on the East Coast. Give me a heads up if you plan again on being in the area.
    You're welcome to stop in anytime. Geneva's not that far at all.. (T)

#14 7 years ago

It was at the dome. That was the only one I ever attended up there.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

It was at the dome.

The Dome was a nice time. George and I snuck up in the balcony with some beers
    and had a great view of the show. I think I brought a 14' United to that one..
    BTW- where about are you from?

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

George and I snuck up in the balcony

It has been awhile. I got thinking, that was the Armory. The Dome I first brought a Flipper Clown,
    and then a Bally Ball Bowler which started the bowling tournament thing..
    Say Jr., are you from Olean?

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

It has been awhile. I got thinking, that was the Armory. The Dome I first brought a Flipper Clown,
    and then a Bally Ball Bowler which started the bowling tournament thing..
    Say Jr., are you from Olean?

We're veering off the topic, and are having a private discussion that we should take to PM. I sent you another message. Check and see if it came through. Try to PM me, and I'll see if I get it.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

i have stripped plenty of playfields over the years and the game name and number screened on the upper left on the pf has ALWAYS been black. i noticed melody was screened in light blue. anyone ever see anything other than black?

Would you be willing to submit your image to the IPDB?

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from I_P_D_B:

Would you be willing to submit your image to the IPDB?

i will upload a larger resolution image to ipdb

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

done

#21 7 years ago

That's kinda cool. I've never seen that either.

#22 7 years ago

my thought was that they screened the name/model number on the last screen (black ) for hundreds of titles, why change change the process. i thought maybe they were using a new screener, but sing along was black and i would guess the same screener would of done the 4 sing along flavors.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

Thank you, I now have it. Say, I just saw this thrad, where repro Melody playfields were sought?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1967-gottlieb-melody-new-playfield-production-wpoll#post-2984866

Does anyone reading this know if anyone is remaking them?

Boilerman, how long have you had your Melody with your "blue-letter" playfield in it? BTW, what serial number is your cabinet?

Thanks,

Jay

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from I_P_D_B:

Thank you, I now have it. Say, I just saw this thrad, where repro Melody playfields were sought?
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1967-gottlieb-melody-new-playfield-production-wpoll#post-2984866
    Does anyone reading this know if anyone is remaking them?
    Boilerman, how long have you had your Melody with your "blue-letter" playfield in it? BTW, what serial number is your cabinet?
    Thanks,
    Jay

jay as far as i know melody pf has NOT been reproduced
    i have had my melody for about a year and a half or so. it has been in the restore Q and i finally got around to it
    serial #02412
    i did notice that melody model number was 20 higher than the other 3 but they were produced about the same time
    melody--model # 258 -- 10/67
    sing along-- model #237 --09/67
    harmony- model #238--08/67
    troubadour model#238A --10/67

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-a-first and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.