11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by BinGhanem
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider binghanem.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I really love playing pinballs and would love to try them all, but sadly as most of you know I live in Dubai and there is no market for that here.

If I want to try a game, this going to be almost impossible, I have to trust my guts. This is not a problem, but if I decide to sell a pin or two I'm going to lose at least 1000$ minimum due to shipping "Dubai to US or Europe"

for example I have a good condition LOTR been trying to sell for so long, I even went to E-bay and offer shipping world wide.

I'm afraid I'll have to quit this hobby sometime in the future because of this, I really don't want to though.

Probably a distributor in UK can help? I know someone, but he want to buy my machines really cheap, I prefer someone just sell my machine and take a %age or something similar.
    shipping should be cheaper than US

any other thoughts ?

#4 11 years ago

thanks for the reply guys, what I think is, buying LE's and pins such as MB and AFM won't lose their value and they usually increase so lose factor is very minimal, I might keep doing that.

the club idea is great, I'm trying to help people buying pins, but it is very hard to turn ppl into pinheads specially when they never played pinball before.

I do travel to UK a lot, I would love to know some of the dealers that have good reputation.

Thanks

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I thought homes came with money faucets in Dubai - left one for dollars, right one for Euros.

No, only black slimy liquid

Buying is not a problem, selling is .

Probably, I have to keep all pins I buy, not a bad idea

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider binghanem.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-hobby-is-very-expensive-around-here-sigh?tu=binghanem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.