Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 308 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Craig
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What do you like best about working out?”

• Enhanced Confidence 6 votes
      19%
    • Muscle mass building 3 votes
      9%
    • Schweddy Balls 8 votes
      25%
    • Cardio workout+endorphins 14 votes
      44%
    • Nutpunch!!!!! 9 votes
      28%

(Multiple choice - 32 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BakcAtP.gif
    old-man-gym-1.png
    one-weird-tip.png
    DSC00692.JPG
    belly-tape-measure.jpg
    image.jpg
    wasp__eva_longoria_by_t2theim-d3dqbq6..jpg
    image.jpg
    officespace.jpg
    kaboom-usa.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 308 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
    #251 10 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Sounds like you've done enough for one day , you should reward yourself with a beer . How was Iron Man 3 ?

Yeah, I'm spent...

It was good and the best of the three IMO. It had some good action sequences (a couple were even genuinely exciting) and some nice character moments along the way. I'd recommend it.

If you go, be sure to stay through the credits. The scene at the end is pretty funny.

#252 10 years ago

WOW, I take a break from pinside for 3 days and come back to find that you guys have totally taken this thread off the rails and crashed right thru Grandma's living room. (all good stuff & I don't even drink beer)

#253 10 years ago

Hi There,
    Here's some pics from the Grouse Grind and another mountain that is also 5 minutes from my house named Seymour. Did a hike in the winter to the top!

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#254 10 years ago

Sorry Seymour Mountain pics were denied. Pixel count too large.

#255 10 years ago

Here is a shot from Vancouver with the mountains I hike in the Background.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#256 10 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Yeah, I'm spent...
    It was good and the best of the three IMO. It had some good action sequences (a couple were even genuinely exciting) and some nice character moments along the way. I'd recommend it.
    If you go, be sure to stay through the credits. The scene at the end is pretty funny.

Congrats on 50K karma jarjar, must be all the double posts!

#257 10 years ago

Dinner Time!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#258 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Congrats on 50K karma jarjar, must be all the double posts!

Yes, I figure if it isn't worth posting twice it isn't worth posting at all.

#259 10 years ago

Centerflank,

Here is your inspirational cheerleader to keep you pumped up and motivated!

kaboom-usa.jpgkaboom-usa.jpg

#260 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Thats quite interesting, Ill look at that some more later on tonight.

After a beer or 5

Looks like an interesting app ... Will give it a whirl.

rd.

#261 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Centerflank,
    Here is your inspirational cheerleader to keep you pumped up and motivated!

I feel like I'm watching the Toni Basil video for Mickey!

#262 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I feel like I'm watching the Toni Basil video for Mickey!

Nice. Did you know she was in Easy Rider?

#263 10 years ago

Blondetall: Hi, boys. What's happening? We need to talk about your nude pics.

(Y'all): Yeah. The pics. I know, I know.

Blondetall: Yeah. Did you get that memo?

(Y'all): Yeah. I got the memo. And I understand the policy. And the problem is just that I forgot the one time. And I've already taken care of it so it's not even really a problem anymore.

Blondetall: Ah! Yeah. It's just we're putting self-tilts on all the nudies pics now before they go out now. So if you could go ahead and try to remember to do that from now on, that'd be great. All right!

officespace.jpgofficespace.jpg

#264 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Blondetall: Ah! Yeah. It's just we're putting self-tilts on all the nudies pics now before they go out now

Is buttfloss still OK?

#265 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

We need to talk about your nude pics.

Totally agreed, I have images disabled so I dont have to see the filth these guys post.

#266 10 years ago

I just don't want to get fired at work for reading threads on break and scrolling across a nude chick. lol I personally don't care if you post them, but just tilt the ones you deem probably not appropriate for those of us looking while at work, or the kiddies that may be lurking around.

#267 10 years ago

I'm sure you do, Centerflank. Wouldn't want to damage your poor virgin eyes with all this filth. lol

By the way, I was reading this thread and got hungry with all the food pics. I need to start those pinball push-ups too. I don't drink beer, but I do sit on my butt at work 8.5 hours a day, and that doesn't help.

#268 10 years ago

*OT* Ive been eating fairly well and no longer drinking beer for right meow, hitting the weights tonight! Wait thats on topic, who started this thread?

VVVVVVVV Definite fail!

#269 10 years ago

Crap, I forgot to work 'meow' into my post above. Word of the day fail.

#270 10 years ago

I play pinball fully clothed!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#271 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Blondetall: Hi, boys. What's happening? We need to talk about your nude pics.

Thanks for the reminder! I forgot this topic went skin-to-win earlier on. Now then... Back to page 4!

#272 10 years ago

Yeah, I didn't figure you all would mind going back to check out the nude pics again. lol

(The sad part is, if a thread is tilted and hidden from view, that just makes me want to look at it more because it must be good.)

3 months later
    #273 10 years ago

Hey centerflank ,losing weight yet? or is Beer winning?
    I think I am losing my battle.

#274 10 years ago

Pinball is doing it to me too
    I do amateur boxing and since I got into pinball, no scheduled fights and up a weight class.

1 week later
    #275 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

Hey centerflank ,losing weight yet? or is Beer winning?
    I think I am losing my battle.

yeah, not feeling so much slimmer, been working a lot, I think I dropped a few pounds but nothing worthwhile, I just straight up LOVE drinking beer!

Perhaps one of you guys could dress up in a wasp outfit and chase me around the job site

#276 10 years ago

Perhaps one of you guys could dress up in a wasp outfit and chase me around the job site

i wouldn't run! no sir!

wasp__eva_longoria_by_t2theim-d3dqbq6..jpgwasp__eva_longoria_by_t2theim-d3dqbq6..jpg

#277 10 years ago

Now I'm questioning myself if I've misunderstood all this time what a centerflank is.
    I assumed it was some important position on a rugby or lacrosse team,
    but now I'm wondering if it is referring to a fat cut of meat in the center area. Hmmm.

#278 10 years ago

Yeah, I'd run too if this dude was chasing me around ....

"I ... Gotta BEE somebody, BEE somebody now ..."

image.jpgimage.jpg

#279 10 years ago

Remember pinball is not causing fat. Eating too many calories is the only reason. Exercise is awesome but not if you eat too many calories
    You guys can do it!!!! Fingers on flippers not forks

#280 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I just straight up LOVE drinking beer!

F yeah! Why does it have to taste sooooo good

The little working out I do anymore is so I can crush beers and scotch.

2 months later
    #281 10 years ago

Ok Centerflank,

How well did you do on your fat reduction program lately? It's been 2 months now.
    Should we applaud, or groan and gag?

We are well into the 2013 football season (not sure if this is a help or hinderance),
    ...and I believe you have two more pins in your collection, so that should have kept your attention to spend time exercising while playing pinball and flippin away.

Have you been implementing the Banger-Trilogy technique of playing pinball while running on a treadmill?

If you have good news to report, then pics or it didn't happen.
    If you have bad news then please no pics. Hope we don't need to start calling you centerflunk.

belly-tape-measure.jpgbelly-tape-measure.jpg

#282 10 years ago

Uh,well, I did just move the elliptical trainer over to the side of the basement where my pins are, did 40 minutes last night, overall not so great, work really kicked my butt this summer and led to much beer drinking.

On the bright side, since I did buy 2 more pins just recently, I have no $ left to drink this winter, so I got that going for me.

Oh and Im making HobbitLE payments as well...Ill be on the elliptical again tonight sweating off a good 500calories.

#284 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

On the bright side, since I did buy 2 more pins just recently, I have no $ left to drink this winter, so I got that going for me.

You can come and drink at my house , I'm a bad influence .

#285 10 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

You can come and drink at my house , I'm a bad influence .

What you doing tomorrow night? LOL!

#286 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

What you doing tomorrow night? LOL!

Playing pinball and drinking beer .

#287 10 years ago

Popped the tire on my new bike. Bought a new tube but keep forgetting to put it on. Gotta get some miles on that thing!

#288 10 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

So far, it holds about two loads of laundry.

LOL

#289 10 years ago

The beer made you fat. Period. And for that, I lift my bourbon to you good sir!

If it's really bugging you, at least you have shoveling snow to look forward to for a workout...

Otherwise, dust off that old stationary bike and pedal for points while playin dem pins son!

#290 10 years ago

How about installing a 2nd set of flippers remotely onto the exercise bike and position the bike in front of the pin you are playing so you can see the playfield while riding/exercising.

I haven't fully figured out to handle nudging the machine with this new set-up other than positioning the bike so that it touches the front of the pin.

1 year later
    #291 9 years ago

Lets do a wrap up on this thread, was so much fun ridiculing our (my) fatness.....Proud to say Im down to 183lbs from around 230lbs last mid summer, was doing good till the past holidays (bumped up to 205lbs) but rededicated myself hardcore the past 2 months! (183lbs is official lightweight status for the Milwaukee Rumble)

Fun video shoulder pressing 60b dumbells! Don't forget to do some physical fitness, you'll be happier and live a little longer hopefully!

#292 9 years ago

Those would be 70's if you didn't have the gloves on

Great work though brotha! Keep it going.

#293 9 years ago

Can't wait to hear about the Rumble. Maybe a pinsider could record and share it

#294 9 years ago
    Quoted from Nibbles:

Those would be 70's if you didn't have the gloves on

Are you referring to my super tight T-shirt (brand new-not even pitted yet) or my sweet Nike FORCE sweatpants? LOL! Ive had those since 8th grade (1991)

Quoted from Erik:

Can't wait to hear about the Rumble

Only bad thing is its run+operated so horrifically, I don't like sitting around 3+ hours waiting to fight after the event has started as you don't really know when your fight is so you try to keep amped up. Last year I fought, I think it started at 700pm and I didn't fight till 1030pm or something....Bushleague!

#295 9 years ago

No pain, no gain!
    DSC00692.JPGDSC00692.JPG
    (That's me ascending the upper switchbacks on Mt. Baldy for those that care... )

#296 9 years ago

Where do you spar in your area? We have a great gym in Madison, Ford's, but most rings are few and far between.

#297 9 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

Where do you spar in your area? We have a great gym in Madison, Ford's, but most rings are few and far between.

I usually just sparred with some of my Rugby friends, i never went to a gym/ring. Just worked my heavy bag a lot back then.

Been taking Kickbox classes at the YMCA that my wife teaches, those are really good 30min workouts.

Edit---Dont forget to vote in the new poll

#298 9 years ago

I actually lost 40 pounds since I shifted to my new house

was 297
    today 256

just walk, lay off soda, watch portions

keep active

feels good to be in a 2X that wasn't pulled out to fit

#299 9 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I usually just sparred with some of my Rugby friends, i never went to a gym/ring. Just worked my heavy bag a lot back then.
    Been taking Kickbox classes at the YMCA that my wife teaches, those are really good 30min workouts.
    Edit---Dont forget to vote in the new poll

Congrats on the weight loss. How old are you? I'm 48 and still active. The ring teaches a lot. Before I had access to one (30 yrs ago), we'd have to stand with one heel against a wall, couldn't move it, and the other guy would tee off. No hitting back, just defense. Kind of like what can happen in a ring, but the real ring was an eye opener for me. Good luck with your fight!

#300 9 years ago
    one-weird-tip.pngone-weird-tip.png
    There are 308 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-hobby-is-making-me-fat-well-fatter/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.