Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 308 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Craig
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What do you like best about working out?”

• Enhanced Confidence 6 votes
      19%
    • Muscle mass building 3 votes
      9%
    • Schweddy Balls 8 votes
      25%
    • Cardio workout+endorphins 14 votes
      44%
    • Nutpunch!!!!! 9 votes
      28%

(Multiple choice - 32 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BakcAtP.gif
    old-man-gym-1.png
    one-weird-tip.png
    DSC00692.JPG
    belly-tape-measure.jpg
    image.jpg
    wasp__eva_longoria_by_t2theim-d3dqbq6..jpg
    image.jpg
    officespace.jpg
    kaboom-usa.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 308 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
    #101 10 years ago
    Quoted from Elfman:

or me it is about the carbs. I had to give up beer about a year and a half ago. Moved to liquor (and dropped almost all carbs from my diet) and lost 70 pounds.

Fyi for people who think liquor is the way to go.
    Fat = 9 calories per gram
    Alcohol = 7 calories per gram
    Protein = 4 calories per gram
    Carbs = 4 calories per gram

1 fluid oz. of booze = 29.5735 grams
    80 proof or 40%(average estimate) = 11.829 grams of alcohol
    =
    82.8 calories

#102 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I've put on a few pounds too. Do I look fat in this picture? I feel like a pig.

Oh no not at all, you look gorgeous

#103 10 years ago
    Quoted from KloggMonkey:

=
    82.8 calories

What the hell are calories? Actually, they aren't anything...that's why I don't trust them

#104 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

What the hell are calories? Actually, they aren't anything...that's why I don't trust them

That's because you know how Atkins works!

#105 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

For years I was able to go from 148-work, to 151-easy.

Quoted from RobT:

Good to know. I'm about 175.

If you guys are worried about these numbers, better check yer gender. At 190, I'm slim.

#106 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If you guys are worried about these numbers, better check yer gender. At 190, I'm slim.

Well I assume you're taller than me. I'm 5'10 WITH the hair.

#107 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm 5'10 WITH the hair.

5' 11" I have hair too, but it doesn't add any height.

#108 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If you say so, fatty.

#109 10 years ago
    Quoted from KloggMonkey:

Fyi for people who think liquor is the way to go.
    Fat = 9 calories per gram
    Alcohol = 7 calories per gram
    Protein = 4 calories per gram
    Carbs = 4 calories per gram
    1 fluid oz. of booze = 29.5735 grams
    =
    82.8 calories

Bet you can't just have one.

~83 calories doesn't sound like much, but that ish adds up when you're pouring doubles in a snifter or over ice and go through three to four drinks no problem. ... or maybe that is more of a ..... nah, it's definitely a

#110 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I hear that. I lost some weight in the last two years at 189 I looked sick. I am back to 210 and happy. At one point I was 268. I'm 6"'1"

#111 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

If you say so, fatty.

I think you can find a foto of o-din at about 180 here-
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-do-you-have-a-pole-fishing

Do I look fat? Not that I pay much heed. I like food and booze. But really don't consume much beer any more.

#112 10 years ago

Ive hired a fitness trainer and sent my wife on a month long cruise, It should work out quite well.

images.jpegimages.jpeg

#113 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

It should work out quite well.

^ ^

A few pounds are one thing, but man having this much weight is unhealthy to say the least.
    WARNING obesity video

#114 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

^ ^
    A few pounds are one thing, but man having this much weight is unhealthy to say the least.
    WARNING obesity video » YouTube video

I love the plate of cookies just outside the woman's reach to the right of her bed.

edit-isnt that Jamarcus Russell?

#115 10 years ago

I had a friend that was an EM. He said that they got a call about an obese lady having a heart attack. Actually it was just a fork trapped in her roles of fat that she rolled over on in her bed.

#116 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I had a friend that was an EM. He said that they got a call about an obese lady having a heart attack. Actually it was just a fork trapped in her roles of fat that she rolled over on in her bed.

Well, cmon odin, if I had a nickel every time that happened, I could afford a MOPLE getting flipped.

#117 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I love the plate of cookies just outside the woman's reach to the right of her bed.

Thats called arm exercises^ gotta keep limber.

Quoted from o-din:

it was just a fork trapped in her roles of fat that she rolled over on in her bed.

Luckily I am not eating.

I always wonder how when using the toilet, it must be murder on them. (shudder the thought)

#118 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Well, cmon odin, if I had a nickel every time that happened, I could afford a MOPLE getting flipped.

You want me to tell you the one about the lady that was putting on eyeliner while driving?

#119 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You want me to tell you the one about the lady that was putting on eyeliner while driving?

Yes, please do!

#120 10 years ago

I just did! That and the fact she didn't notice the car stopped at the red light in front of her.

#121 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I just did! That and the fact she didn't notice the car at the red light in front of her.

No fun pic or video?

#122 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

No fun pic or video?

Yeah your keeping us in suspense.

#123 10 years ago

Centerflank,
    Thanks for sharing the pic, but it looks like she's doing the work part of the workouts, and you're still standin there with your normal confused look on your face.

It's gonna be epic here on Pinside when you post a photo taken of you working out in pink tights wearing high heel shoes.

#124 10 years ago

Only this.
    th-1.jpegth-1.jpeg

#125 10 years ago

Centerflank,
    Thanks for sharing the pic, but it looks like she doing the work part of the workouts, and you're still standin there with your normal confused look on your face.
    It's gonna be epic here on Pinside when you post a photo taken of you working out in pink tights wearing high heel shoes.

I work out naked, but here is a real pic of my wife, she was upset I dont post pics of her in skimpy outfits, I tried to explain how many perverts on pinside there are, but she is proud of herself.

67533_10201321330542104_50345858_n.jpg67533_10201321330542104_50345858_n.jpg

#126 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I work out naked, but here is a real pic of my wife, she was upset I dont post pics of her in skimpy outfits, I tried to explain how many perverts on pinside there are, but she is proud of herself.

Did you make that pic as small as possible before posting it just to tease the perverts???

#127 10 years ago

But really don't consume much beer any more.

Same for me. Maximum 1 beer / day:

going-to-have-just-one-beer.jpggoing-to-have-just-one-beer.jpg

#128 10 years ago

You guys had me up late last night. You ever make a pot of coffee, but forget to put the decanter in place? Well, I just did.

#129 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You guys had me up late last night. You ever make a pot of coffee, but forget to put the decanter in place? Well, I just did.

Haha, I woke up at 7am to get the kids off to school, fell asleep on the couch at 8 and woke up@1230! LOL! looks like another late night of pinside wackiness tonight!

I also did that coffee trick once

#130 10 years ago

Actually getting back into pinball helped to motivate me a little.....those things are HEAVY.

But that's the problem....I started lifting again but still don't do cardio......hate cardio.

So now I weigh about the same as I did when I was fatter (5'9" about 185lbs) but I did manage to convert a lot of that fat weight into muscle. Still need to lose about 15lbs and keep the muscle.

People have noticed the change, so I joke that I WIP'd myself into shape.....that's Weights, Ice Cream and Pizza.

#131 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

looks like another late night of pinside wackiness tonight!

Yeah buddy wouldnt be the same ^ if it wasnt wacky.

#132 10 years ago

Yeah buddy wouldnt be the same ^ if it wasnt wacky.

Well see, im on my 5th beer already, might get a little belligerent tonight!!!!!! Oh Yeah!

images-6.jpegimages-6.jpeg

#133 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

im on my 5th beer already,

2nd here

Drink_em_up!.gifDrink_em_up!.gif

#134 10 years ago

I might earn some ban votes tonight, was an odd day today that I started drinking early

image-1.jpgimage-1.jpg

#135 10 years ago

Beer.JPGBeer.JPG

#136 10 years ago

This hobby is making you drunker, more drunkkre.......

#137 10 years ago

I love this guy from "Special When Lit".

7i1aDxA.jpg7i1aDxA.jpg

#138 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

This hobby is making you drunker, more drunkkre.....

Joe_Walsh.JPGJoe_Walsh.JPG

#139 10 years ago

Got down to 156 today so a 15 pack was in order. Bu bu bu tomorrow I'll do better!

#140 10 years ago

Hey c-flank you should probably eat something. I'll head over to Carls if you like.

#141 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Hey c-flank you should probably eat something. I'll head over to Carls if you like.

Never had Carl's!

But of course I've rolled on the floor Baywatch drunk many nights.

#142 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Never had Carl's!

They are local, been around for a long time. I think they have merged with Hardees. Lately
    they have been selling more than just burgers.

#143 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

They are local, been around for a long time. I think they have merged with Hardees.

Right I was in Cali once, but I think I only ate Del Taco...which wasn't horrible, but no Taco Bell.
    Now up north in Seattle at Mr. Taco....just embarassing...no idea what a taco is.

#144 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

but I think I only ate Del Taco...which wasn't horrible, but no Taco Bell.

Del Taco is far superior to Taco Bell, but we have so many real Mexican outlets around here, sometimes it's hard to choose.

#145 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

...but we have so many real Mexican outlets around here, sometimes it's hard to choose.

That's usually where the breakdown begins. I don't give a shit aboot "real Mexican" places; I like Taco Bell.
    All around where I am is full of bored white "foodies." If you don't like a place, it's because "you don't like authentic XXXX food." What I like, is food that tastes like something; or "flavor" as the masters call it. I've eaten a lot of "Mexican" food in Texas that was awesome but I guess that's "Tex-Mex" so it doesn't count.

Anyway...maybe I don't like the "authentic taste," of Mexican food? But what could be more Mexican than tasteless food slathered with Chinese Parsley?

#146 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

so many real Mexican outlets around here, sometimes it's hard to choose.

Not hard for me to choose.

http://www.bordercafe.com/#

Jose_tejas.JPGJose_tejas.JPG

#147 10 years ago

This thread is making me phat.

#148 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Lately
    they have been selling more than just burgers.

wonder why this was banned?

#149 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

wonder why this was banned?

It wasn't banned, it was replaced

There are 308 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-hobby-is-making-me-fat-well-fatter/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.