(Topic ID: 230780)

This diner in Kentucky

By leonml

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

#1 5 years ago

Anyone know what the story is here this machine is listed from Kentucky to chicago, etc. As a restoration project has anyone looked or have any info. If you'd prefer, message me.

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “New CPR backglass. Fully working with full leds. Flippers are good and strong. Playfield does have an overlay on the diner/patron area. Cabinet does have some planking on the can. ...”
2018-12-03
Louisville, KY
2,000 (Firm)
Archived after: 128 days
Viewed: 855 times

#2 5 years ago

Rumor has it there is a decal on the playfield that the seller does not want to acknowledge...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disclosing-playfield-decals-in-for-sale-ad#post-4706609

Edit:looks like decal was added to description

#3 5 years ago

I messaged the seller about the details regarding the decal and I was told to “fuck off”.

Buyer beware.

#4 5 years ago

Im not even joking. This machine is listed on craigslist from east coast to midwest. Must be a restoration project with an owner in denial. I am headed to va and check listings all the way there.

#5 5 years ago

Im guessing if all else is ok, it's worth 1500sh at best. Stick 1200 into it in pf and plastics at a minimum.

#6 5 years ago

Usually when a pin appears across the country in multiple locations on Craigslist, it is a scam.

Tread carefully

#7 5 years ago

I’ve dealt with Robert many times actually and have played the game in question. It is a real game and not a scam. Robert is a good dude and I have probably dealt on over 10 machines with him. It does have decals over the characters and some other inserts I believe. I don’t think Robert knew that when he picked the machine up and I believe he dropped the price and added it into the ad. He has always been straight forward with me regarding machines and I will deal with him many more times in future I’m sure. I don’t believe he was openly trying to deceive anyone, probably just didn’t realize it was that big of a deal.

I agree that decals should always be mentioned in the ad details. They aren’t a deal breaker for me but I can see where they would be for others.

That being said... $1200-1500 for a clean players Diner with all LED and a CPR mirrored backglass is a ridiculously low offer. If I thought he’d take $1500 for it I’d be putting the cash in his hand tonight.

#8 5 years ago

Hes legit.
Also has a demo man for sale. $2800

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Hes legit.
Also has a demo man for sale. $2800

Yep. That used to be mine lol. It is a beautiful machine

#10 5 years ago

Buyer beware.

I mentioned the decal to him and he said fuck off. He knows about it and wasn’t going to mention it until this all came up.

To me, that’s a red flag. What else isn’t he disclosing ?

#11 5 years ago

Dont buy it then. Wheres the problem?

I inquired about the machine a couple weeks ago, and he mentioned it right off the bat.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Dont buy it then. Wheres the problem?
I inquired about the machine a couple weeks ago, and he mentioned it right off the bat.

Assuming the seller really said this.... Where's the problem? Are you serious? A prospective buyer inquires and the seller says to fuck off? Yeah that's enough for me to walk away and warn others bc that's just a dick move. Now I think 1 warning is sufficient.... No need to post the same message twice though.

#13 5 years ago

I have bought from Robert before. Was an easy deal and he gave me a big game at a great price. No issues.

#14 5 years ago

Thx Jmountjoy, Chuck and Dante!
Yeah I’ll admit I told Blackbeard to fuck off after he was rude and called me a scammer. I told him I would disclose the decal before trade or sale. Then after I reduced the cost he messed with me again leading to my reply. It takes one to be rude first before I lose my cool.
Anyways the game is pending pickup and the buyer knows. He’s happy with it.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Robert4pinball:

Thx Jmountjoy, Chuck and Dante!
Yeah I’ll admit I told Blackbeard to fuck off after he was rude and called me a scammer. I told him I would disclose the decal before trade or sale. Then after I reduced the cost he messed with me again leading to my reply. It takes one to be rude first before I lose my cool.
Anyways the game is pending pickup and the buyer knows. He’s happy with it.

I politely messaged you letting you know there was a huge decal over the characters and you really should disclose it. I was interested in it. You didn't bother to change your ad. Of course I'm thinking deceptive seller.

I highly doubt you had any intention on informing anyone of anything, as after my messages you should've changed your ad to include the decal.

I think you're a liar.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I politely messaged you letting you know there was a huge decal over the characters and you really should disclose it. I was interested in it. You didn't bother to change your ad. Of course I'm thinking deceptive seller.
I highly doubt you had any intention on informing anyone of anything, as after my messages you should've changed your ad to include the decal.
I think you're a liar.

Reread thread. I was disclosing. I think your a Troll.

#17 5 years ago

In defence of Robert, I've offered him a lot of trade offers....some might not have been the most appealing to him and he's always been polite. I'm thinking it would have taken a lot to get that kind of a response from Robert.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Robert4pinball:

Reread thread. I was disclosing. I think your a Troll.

You’re a liar dude.

Why didn’t you put it in your ad then? You put other details in there. Why leave that out? Even when someone mentioned it to you?

You shouldn’t be trusted.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

You’re a liar dude.
Why didn’t you put it in your ad then? You put other details in there. Why leave that out? Even when someone mentioned it to you?
You shouldn’t be trusted.

And yet he is. By a lot of people. If he says he didn’t realize it had decals, I believe him. His ad states it now apparently. NBD.

Robert turns and burns game a lot (or at least he used to). Never heard of anyone having a problem in their dealings with him. So I think it’s a bit much to say he can’t be trusted.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And yet he is. By a lot of people. If he says he didn’t realize it had decals, I believe him. His ad states it now apparently. NBD.
Robert turns and burns game a lot (or at least he used to). Never heard of anyone having a problem in their dealings with him. So I think it’s a bit much to say he can’t be trusted.

He never said he didn't know. That's the issue. He KNEW it had the decal. I mentioned it to him AND he acknowledge that he knew. Yet it didn't quite make it to his ad until this thread.

My whole intent was to save someone the agony of wasting time and gas money to go see something that has a decal that wasn't mentioned. Makes sense, correct?

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

He never said he didn't know. That's the issue. He KNEW it had the decal. I mentioned it to him AND he acknowledge that he knew. Yet it didn't quite make it to his ad until this thread.
My whole intent was to save someone the agony of wasting time and gas money to go see something that has a decal that wasn't mentioned. Makes sense, correct?

Yep. And you accomplished what you wanted. The ad states it now. And the game has sold.

#22 5 years ago

Had a good deal with Robert just recently, he held a game for a few weeks for a friend of mine until I could drive down and get it for him.

#23 5 years ago

Thanks everyone for defending me Chris Yesh and tsskinne.
As for Blackbeard and I it’s pretty simple. We just won’t ever deal with eachother. Maybe it wasn’t the best taste to say fuck off to another pinsider but hey I love the pinball community and the hobby, passion in general. I’ve met a lot of awesome people along the way and just don’t take being called a scammer lightly. Especially on pinside.

So you know what. I’m sorry Blackbeard for saying that. Maybe next time you shouldn’t blatantly call someone a scammer when they really aren’t. If you see all the games Ive owned in the past and no bad reviews than I’m probably an honest candidate to buy or trade from.

#24 5 years ago

No hard feelings and maybe scammer was a bit much.

I just didn’t want someone to drive a distance to see something I thought could be better advertised. That’s all.

Glad the pin sold.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I just didn’t want someone to drive a distance to see something I thought could be better advertised. That’s all.

Glad the pin sold.

Translation: Please don't blacklist me. I know that someday you might have a really sweet deal on a game I want, so...please don't blacklist me!

#27 5 years ago

OP bought the game?

#28 5 years ago

It’s a Christmas miracle

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Glad the pin sold.

Cool. Thanks for understanding and I see your point
Glad everyone can put all of this behind them.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-diner-in-kentucky?hl=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.