1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinRat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220423_224758 (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

I have to give props where props are due. This goes out to Wizards Pinball Palace @ One Well Brewing in Kalamazoo MI. My wife and I made the trek from the Chicago area over the weekend to attend Pinball at The Zoo. We decided to stay overnight and were lucky enough to get a room around the corner from One Well Brewing. So after a lenghty day at PATZ and a couple hour rest, we headed over to One Well Brewing. We did a quick walk through at 1st and were amazed at the quality of the pinball line-up at this place. Heavy on Stern and the Bally/Williams era. There was a wall of video games, a couple of pool tables, air hockey and foosball too. Literally something for everone. However, the focus here was modern pinballs.

OK, let's grab some beer 1st and play later. We sat at the bar and each ordered an amazing array of beers on a couple of samplers. The beer list of their brewed beers was quite impressive and varied. Let's just say that the Maple Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout @ 13% APV was outstanding.

OK, it's pinball time. Everything is 75 cent per game or 3 games for $2.00. No tokens, no game cards, pure cash. There are over 50 pinballs and each was clean, 100% functioning and palyable. There was not one machine that we played that had weak flippers or non functioning features. This was the most pristine collection of machines, for public use, that I have EVER seen. Sorry, but it puts PHOF to shame. I think there were only 2 games shut down, JJP GNR and something else. I got to play the heck out of Halloween CE with the latest code. I have zero clue as to why you guys are bailing on this machine. I think I played the cleanest and most perfectly working CV & WCS ever there. My wife played the heck out of RUSH and wants one. The kicker is, she could care less about RUSH. She also enjoys Mando. We both like TMNT, but cant stand the theme. Anyway, the point is if you are anywhere in the area, this is a MUST VISIT location to get your pinball fix. We stayed to about midnight playing. Already looking forward to doing it again next year.

20220423_224758 (resized).jpg20220423_224758 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #2 1 year ago

Thanks for this post, I help do the maintenance on the owners games there, just over half the pins and all the arcade games I am there twice a week sometimes more. The others are maintained by a local collector who operates the other pins and we both try our best to keep the games as nice playing as possible. It is a constant battle with 50+ pins on location being beat up 10ish hours a day everyday . Its nice to hear people appreciate it thanks again.

#3 1 year ago

It's nice to hear people appreciating not only the selection of games but how well they are maintained. mc8045 and I both try to keep things up and running. It can be a daunting task at times.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from mc8045:

Its nice to hear people appreciate it thanks again.

Quoted from schudel5:

It's nice to hear people appreciating not only the selection of games but how well they are maintained

So the both of you know, my wife and I were so impressed that over Memorial Day weekend we went to Grand Rapids to relax and Saturday afternoon we drove down to Kzoo and spent about 3 hours there for beer n pinball!

2 weeks later
    #5 1 year ago

bump for a great place!

#6 1 year ago

One Well is fantastic. Best place for pinball that I've visited in Michigan, though admittedly I haven't been everywhere yet.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-deserves-a-huge-shout-out-wizards-pinball-palace-mi?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.