Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1109141519a.jpg
1109141519.jpg
1109141531.jpg
1109141518a.jpg
1109141518.jpg
1109141518b.jpg
1109141507.jpg

#1 5 years ago

So I just picked up my third pin. It's a Bride of Pinbot that was a container game imported from Germany in 2003 and sat in a warehouse until today. Never even powered on since it left Germany. Playfield looks pretty good but has yellowing where there is no mylar. Not sure if that will clean up or not. Under playfield looks really clean, no hacks. The changed the transformer taps for me and I put a standard plug on it when I got home. Fired right up! All lights working, head calibrated and it plays! Sweet!! Paid $1,000 cash. I have a new decal set on the way but didn't realize until I picked it up that the original art is decal as well. Thats not going to be fun to remove. Here's some pics:

1109141507.jpg1109141518.jpg1109141518a.jpg1109141518b.jpg1109141519.jpg1109141519a.jpg1109141531.jpg

#3 5 years ago

Played one for the first time this weekend. Fun Game.

#4 5 years ago

This was my 3rd pin also. The next gen decals are gorgeous and with a good heat gun it's not too much of a pain to remove the old ones. Be very careful with the rails when you remove them though, damn things are hard to replace.

Also if you're not happy with the playfield PPS just put up the pre-reserve for the repro today.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/product/bride-of-pinbot-playfield/

#5 5 years ago

Welcome to the bride of pinbot club =)

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Played one for the first time this weekend. Fun Game.

Same here - hadn't ever had a chance to play until the HAAG this weekend - fun game that was in beautiful condition.

#7 5 years ago

Very nice choice , BoP is one of my favorite !! Classic

#8 5 years ago

your pick up is just in time ! playfields are finally around the corner, plastics are now out there and 2.0 soon to follow.

#9 5 years ago

That should clean up nicely, some of the yellowing will come out but not all. Don't over clean it as it will pull up paint. Use magic eraser and alcohol on the ball trails and swirl marks (again gently). Then polish with novus 2 and wax. Don't pull the mylar, you'll want to, but just forget about the bubbles... It's to risky on this title.

#10 5 years ago

Congrats - Nice Pickup!
Sounds like you got a pretty good deal.

BOP - "Play Me!"

#11 5 years ago

$1000 !!! I'm jealous, great find.

#12 5 years ago

Mine someone pulled up the Mylar and pitted the play field. Then touched it up improperly. Been waiting on the new play field to do a restore. I paid more than that for mine sight unseen. You got a great deal.

#13 5 years ago

installed the jumper to make the region america and played a few games. Everything seems to work and the head does the initial calibration but when I got to metamorphosis mode, when the next ball was hit up the ramp, the head turn halfway towards face number 1 and stopped half way. When I power cycled the game, it did the recalibration again and again when it was moving from face 4 to face 1, it's like it had resistance for that transition but did make it all the way to face 1. Should I be concerned about that? I'm assuming there is some linkage or something in there than needs maintained. Maybe I'll open it tomorrow after work. Very happy with this purchase! Fun game

#14 5 years ago

Nice find! One of the best alpha numeric games made! Wish I could help out on the face concern. Someone here with one will be able to chime in though. Enjoy a great game!

#15 5 years ago

And now it's time for the forth pin...BBH.

#16 5 years ago

It's not unusual for the face to get confused. I'd go into set up and do the head calibration and the other one (switch test or something)? Then it should work itself out.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Mar:

It's not unusual for the face to get confused. I'd go into set up and do the head calibration and the other one (switch test or something)? Then it should work itself out.

A common issue with the face assembly is cracked /cold solder joints on the pins of the small under playfield relay board. reflowing the pins on the board usually solves a lot of erractic head problems. Vibration from the game seems to cause these to develop cold joints.

The other common issue is Burned GI connectors and header pins on the Power driver board.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from ranchdrsn:

That should clean up nicely, some of the yellowing will come out but not all. Don't over clean it as it will pull up paint. Use magic eraser and alcohol on the ball trails and swirl marks (again gently). Then polish with novus 2 and wax. Don't pull the mylar, you'll want to, but just forget about the bubbles... It's to risky on this title.

That PF yellowing is common on the game, especially the non Diamond Plate games. It is the lacquer that Williams used at the time, turns yellow/brown over time while the PF under the mylar stays clear. Bubbling of the mylar above the PF inserts is bad also, does not look good but typically does not usually effect gameplay too much. I just left mine alone, did not try to pull mylar. I would go real easy with the magic erasure because it acts like sand paper and can eat into the PF paint real quick on this era of game. I used simple green and a soft-bristle tooth brush to clean the black stuff along the edges of the mylar taking my time and going slow. Good luck with you BoP and WELCOME TO THE BILLIONAIRES CLUB....

#19 5 years ago

Good find, new helmet, new or flame polished ramps make a big dif. in the looks of the game, get Cliffys ramp protectors also. The game does not like leds in the playfield. If they bug you the OCD board is the way to go then. Just bought CPR's new backglass and it's beautiful. This is one game that's worthy of a full resto. RingMaster is doing a full resto on his check it out. I love my Bride.

#20 5 years ago

Personal fave.I have a real nice restored one with a NOS playfield.check CPr for all kinds of repro stuff including mini play field.Have fun,Scott

#21 5 years ago

You can also purchase a complete set of new ramps from Starship Fantasy, the company that purchased Pinball Inc. from James. Cliffy protectors for sure should be added. Upper mini PF and new faces for the cube as well as new PF plastics and mirror backglass available from CPR. The Ghost busting Rom v.8.b will solve most of the LED ghosting in the inserts and fix the multi-player billionaire club bug as well.

Anyone that has purchased the new CPR BoP backglass, what type of bulbs lamps are you using with it? LEDs don't look good on mine. Also, my CPR backglass is not lined up with clear lamp spots on the insert panel. Anyone else have to adjust your insert panel to line up with the clear lamp holes on the new backglass??

#22 5 years ago

FYI the original is not a decal, its the standard white vinyl laminated plywood that is screened over. Its decal-like but it is direct screen printed. Why are you going to redo the cab its still holding the reds, not fade in the pics, although can't see both sides. Head looks like it needs to be cleaned, but why molest a cab that, at least in the pics, is in good shape?

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Good find, new helmet, new or flame polished ramps make a big dif. in the looks of the game, get Cliffys ramp protectors also. The game does not like leds in the playfield. If they bug you the OCD board is the way to go then. Just bought CPR's new backglass and it's beautiful. This is one game that's worthy of a full resto. RingMaster is doing a full resto on his check it out. I love my Bride.

OCD for $150 or LED patch ROM for $20...

#24 5 years ago

I had alot of fun Shop'n and adding Leds to the BOP i had ..

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

FYI the original is not a decal, its the standard white vinyl laminated plywood that is screened over. Its decal-like but it is direct screen printed. Why are you going to redo the cab its still holding the reds, not fade in the pics, although can't see both sides. Head looks like it needs to be cleaned, but why molest a cab that, at least in the pics, is in good shape?

Good question! The person I got this pin from actually had two units for sale (both imports). One had a slightly better playfield but a horrible cab but was from South America and had been molested/hacked up via crappy repair work. He ended up doing me a solid and giving me this one for the same price; slightly more yellowed playfield but better cab and pretty much un-molested as far as previous repairs. I had already ordered the decal kit last week thinking I was getting the rougher cab but even so, this cab could definitely use a decal job. The head and cab are two different colors and both are definitely existing decals. It will also be nice to fill the holes/imperfections in the cab. I plan on keeping this machine, at least for the time being, and prefer a really clean cab.

#26 5 years ago

Cleaned the pin really well last night. Ramps could use flame polishing and the heartbeat ramp has a crack in it (I may end up replacing it). There are a few basic clear plastic pieces that I think prevent air balls that are badly yellowed and could use replaced. On the head, I went through the diagnostic and set the head to rotate. It does two full rotations (8 face changes) and on the very last transistion (human face back to original robot face), it stops for about one second exactly half way through the change (same exact point that it stops during gameplay) then continues to move. It seems maybe a gear has lost a tooth? I will try reflowing the solder points on that board and see if that changes anything.

The test report says I have a ground fault - row 6 black/blue (I think, I didn't write it down) as well as a head switch error. It was 2 AM when I got it put back together from cleaning so I didn't look into it any further. Seems like the flippers are a bit weak as well. I'll try cleaning the sleeves tonight. Extremely happy with this purchase.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I had alot of fun Shop'n and adding Leds to the BOP i had ..
ยป YouTube video

Looks good! Did you use the ghost buster LEDs?

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from hiljak:

Good question! The person I got this pin from actually had two units for sale (both imports). One had a slightly better playfield but a horrible cab but was from South America and had been molested/hacked up via crappy repair work. He ended up doing me a solid and giving me this one for the same price; slightly more yellowed playfield but better cab and pretty much un-molested as far as previous repairs. I had already ordered the decal kit last week thinking I was getting the rougher cab but even so, this cab could definitely use a decal job. The head and cab are two different colors and both are definitely existing decals. It will also be nice to fill the holes/imperfections in the cab. I plan on keeping this machine, at least for the time being, and prefer a really clean cab.

The head cab being different colors is common. In your case they both appear to be a purple color at least. A lot of them have full on blue rather than purple on the heads. I wouldn't change it. Its in good shape and gives the game history. Mine had gouges out of the head, I have the decals but have not gotten to doing it yet, and I won't be doing the cab.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from hiljak:

call it patina!

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

The head cab being different colors is common. In your case they both appear to be a purple color at least. A lot of them have full on blue rather than purple on the heads. I wouldn't change it. Its in good shape and gives the game history. Mine had gouges out of the head, I have the decals but have not gotten to doing it yet, and I won't be doing the cab.

I appreciate your input but in this case, I'm going to put new decals on the cab. I already have paid for the decals and for me personally, once the new decals are on and the cab is looking minty, I'll never look back and wish it was more beat-up for authenticity. Personal preference there.

#31 5 years ago

A European BOP was my third machine as well. Congratulations! Mine had a couple old Greek coins in the cabinet when I first opened it.

This could well be an expensive thread for me as I didn't realize the remake playfields were about to hit the market. I'm really glad I popped one in my Mata Hari when they available; while it was a pain to do the swap, I'm glad I did it. To date I've held off replacing the ramps because I figured their condition "matches" my playfield condition.

BTW your ground short could be battery damage on the MPU.

-Rob
-Visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

#32 5 years ago

In case anyone else finds this later by search, the ground fault error was resolved by reflowing the relay PCB contacts under the playfield. The reason switch 67 (face position switch) was always showing as on was because that switch needed adjusted. It's a normally closed switch and should open when the face is in position 1, 2, and 3. It should read closed when on face 4 and when in transit between all face positions. For mine it was positioned in a way that never allowed the switch to open. Access the switch from the top by removing the helmet and one of the face plates.

#33 5 years ago

Congrats. Great score for the money. BoP is such a unique theme. In today's world of non-stop licensed themes, BoP will hold her own. Repro playfield are coming soon from PPS if you really want to spiff her up.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

The Ghost busting Rom v.8.b will solve most of the LED ghosting in the inserts and fix the multi-player billionaire club bug as well.

Uhhhh where can I get that?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Various Other Swag
Circus Maximus
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside