Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TaylorVA
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 9.07.51 AM (resized).png
    #1 6 years ago

I responded to several individual threads but wanted to make a post about the Third Hand Rivet tool being back in stock.
    I picked one of these up several years ago and it is the most versatile riveting tools for pinball. Traditional rivet presses do not afford the flexibility that
    the third hand does. I've used it for awkward jobs like Wh2O boulders and the Doctor Who subway ramp. I have a table top bench and will clamp the press to stabilize it as well.

http://www.arbortime.com
    Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 9.07.51 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-04-07 at 9.07.51 AM (resized).png

#2 6 years ago

Bumping for a good post. Just ordered this. Thanks, Taylor!

Marc

1 week later
    #3 6 years ago

Saw this online recently and bought one. Didn't need it yet but probably will in the future. I wanted to get one in case they went out of stock.

http://www.arbortime.mountainminded.net/html/the_better_tonka_rivet_tool_-_.html

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from T-Tommy:

Saw this online recently and bought one. Didn't need it yet but probably will in the future. I wanted to get one in case they went out of stock.
    http://www.arbortime.mountainminded.net/html/the_better_tonka_rivet_tool_-_.html

Thanks for posting this. How did you order as there doesn't appear to be a way of ordering online.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer73:

Thanks for posting this. How did you order as there doesn't appear to be a way of ordering online.

send him a email, unless he finds a different clamp that will work these might be made again as the Pony Clamp has been discontinued.

Thanks Taylor, scored one myself, arrived yesterday

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

send him a email, unless he finds a different clamp that will work these might be made again as the Pony Clamp has been discontinued.
    Thanks Taylor, scored one myself, arrived yesterday

Excellent, glad you got one. I snagged two of this last run, sold one to a friend and figure the other would be a good backup or loaner.

#7 6 years ago

Send him an Email at [email protected] Tell him what you need and he will send you a paypal invoice.

#8 6 years ago

This works awesome!

#9 6 years ago

got mine last week.....easy to use and works great!!!!

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from T-Tommy:

Send him an Email at [email protected] Tell him what you need and he will send you a paypal invoice.

Thanks, I did that y'day. Hopefully he will be in touch soon.

#11 6 years ago

I sent in an order and he replied the last with the Pony clamps has been spoken for and these are now out of production. He has a new version with a forged clamp, which he says is a bit lighter duty but I can't imagine that it wouldn't do everything needed for pinball, that will be available in may at 89.95. You can get on a list for availability.

#12 6 years ago

TaylorVA Thanks for posting this...was able to snag one of the last of the Pony Clamp version!

#13 6 years ago

Yes me too, thanks again. Order placed and will be shipped today.

#14 6 years ago

If someone still wants one of the original clamps I will sell the extra one I have. No need to hold onto it if someone can use it. Will sell at cost+actual shipping.
    Just lmk.

#15 6 years ago

Does it come with the dies needed for ramps and plastics? Sorry, never used one before. Thanks!

#16 6 years ago

TaylorVA,

I'll buy the clamp if it's still available

Thanks,
    Jody

#17 6 years ago

hi pinballer73 can i ask what it cost to get it shipped to Melbourne Australia?

Thanks

#18 6 years ago

I had several reach out about the press. I will go down the line in order they were received.

#19 6 years ago

Mine came late last week. Looks great although I have not had a chance/need to use it yet, but I am happy to have it!

Marc

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from markandsophie:

hi pinballer73 can i ask what it cost to get it shipped to Melbourne Australia?
    Thanks

Sure, it was $34. Shame we hadn't placed our order together.

#21 6 years ago

mine was about $30 USD to Newcastle area

#22 6 years ago

also Taylor after listening to your podcast I got the Pinball Wizards book through Wordery, arrived yesterday, thanks for the story and learning about the book

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

also Taylor after listening to your podcast I got the Pinball Wizards book through Wordery, arrived yesterday, thanks for the story and learning about the book

I live about 2 hrs from Adam so he plays with a lot of guys I know, reading the book was really weird when I started reading about people I have played against. We forget sometimes how small our world is.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/third-hand-rivet-tool-back-in-stock?hl=t-tommy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.