13%
  • Creature from the Black Lagoon 27 votes
    43%

(63 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5D76F982-D48B-49C4-909E-35AFA7116955 (resized).jpeg
#1 10 months ago

We own #Fish Tales, Attack from Mars and #Creature from the Black Lagoon - all heavily modded.

We also own a Godzilla Prem, an Alien Poker (under restoration, currently) and have a TNA CE on order.

We’re probably going to sell one of the three 90s B/Ws to make room for a second modern Stern (probably JP2).

I prefer difficult pins and I’m just starting to get into competitive/tournament play in London (so, I’m hoping to improve my play over time).

I’m reluctant to sell our Fish Tales because I hand-built a replacement fish topper.

Does anyone have strong views on which of the three Bally-Williams I should sell? Or how I might make the decision?

5D76F982-D48B-49C4-909E-35AFA7116955 (resized).jpeg5D76F982-D48B-49C4-909E-35AFA7116955 (resized).jpeg
#2 10 months ago

I'm not a Creature fan so I voted that way. It sounds like you have a connection with Fish Tales. If you play competitively and like deeper games maybe sell the AFM. Really just personal preference.

#3 10 months ago

Put two quarters in your pocket. Play each game. If you had fun, put a quarter on the glass. If you didn’t, don’t put a quarter on it. When you’re done, sell the game that doesn’t have a quarter on it.

I can’t know what game you like the most. Only you know which games you enjoy. This forces a decision. And in the end, if you can’t make the decision, don’t sell any of them. Wait until you can before selling. Because if you’re not “done” with a game when you sell it, you’ll end up paying more for it later.

#4 10 months ago

Sell the Godzilla.

#5 10 months ago

Watch your poll!!

#6 10 months ago

I voted AFM, though admittedly I hate the art. I'd keep the B/Ws..

#7 10 months ago

Fish Tales no doubt

#8 10 months ago

If you wanna be a better tournament player, you should keep the B/W games. Modern Sterns come and go, FT, AFM, Creech are all winners

#9 10 months ago

Personally I'd sell Fish Tales too - i like sci-fi and monster stuff so i'm biased in that direction......

Sold my AFM for top dollar (at the time) just before the remakes were announced...still wish I hadn't. Love the campy humor, the jumping martians, strobe multiball....

#11 10 months ago

Sell the one you play the least.

#12 10 months ago

CFTBL - it is fun but pretty repetitive. There are lots of Easter eggs once you see past the Creature MB, but AFM and FT are way ahead of it.

#13 10 months ago

Fish tales would be my choice didnt last long when I owned one. AFM is a classic and CFTBL is one of my favorites.

#14 10 months ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Sell the one you play the least.

We play them all - when they’re working We’ve had Fish Tales for more than two years now (our first ever pin), got AFM in November and CFTBL earlier this year (and it promptly developed a fault with the screen we’re waiting to fix).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 9.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

12,500 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thinning-the-herd-bally-williams-classic-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.