1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Crile1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CFA1C7AB-F630-46E0-B83A-3923B2DA09AB (resized).jpeg
    63AD1DE1-FE9A-4E40-A2CC-0F097A1FE53B (resized).jpeg
    157185AE-B49C-4AF9-90C9-DAA0E1D0F600 (resized).jpeg
    #1 1 year ago

Hi guys, Need some help, looking to install mirror blades on my Williams Cyclone, but its reasonably tight. Have any on you used varying brand names in the past and noticed or preferably measured one thickness versus another brand? Much appreciated!

#2 1 year ago

I emailed pinball life about a month ago because my Deadpool pro is tight. I asked for the thickness of the mirror blade including the double sided 3M tape Vs art blades.
    This was their response:
    The mirror blades thickness is .0275
    The blades art blades thickness are .02.

Disclaimer!
    I have not ordered yet to confirm.

#4 1 year ago

The mirror blades thickness is .0275

So about 0.7mm???

#5 1 year ago

I thought the same thing. If they are that thin I don’t believe they could take an errant air ball. Then again, if you get a ball to hit them I bet most mirror blades will probably dent. Hopefully someone that has a set lying around can chime in on the thickness of mirror blades and their ability to withstand a direct hit. Here are some pics of foil for your enjoyment.

I suspect Pinball life didn’t measure them with the 3M tape, but I can’t be sure without pics. Westsiderkg yes, about .7mm. Shoot Pinball life an email and see what they say. I might pull the trigger on a set of mirror blades and art blades from Pinball life this week. Art blades for my GZ, mirror blades for my Deadpool. I will load up a cart and see if I am willing to pull the trigger.
    I just messaged Tilt Graphics, maybe they will get back to me. If not I will email them as well.

157185AE-B49C-4AF9-90C9-DAA0E1D0F600 (resized).jpeg157185AE-B49C-4AF9-90C9-DAA0E1D0F600 (resized).jpegCFA1C7AB-F630-46E0-B83A-3923B2DA09AB (resized).jpegCFA1C7AB-F630-46E0-B83A-3923B2DA09AB (resized).jpeg63AD1DE1-FE9A-4E40-A2CC-0F097A1FE53B (resized).jpeg63AD1DE1-FE9A-4E40-A2CC-0F097A1FE53B (resized).jpeg
    #6 1 year ago

You can get thinner than what Cointaker sells, but you won't be happy.

For instance, there are chrome films that people use to cover bumpers on antique cars. The look is good, but they show every bump/imperfection. They are really thin, but when you raise/lower the playfield the scratching is going to be a problem.

I like these:

https://cointaker.com/products/ballywms-remake-mirror-blades

I use this tape to hold them on, the screws are... problematic.

https://www.amazon.com/Sugarman-Creations-Professional-Industrial-Underlayment/dp/B01JB0J226/ref=sr_1_4

Clean all surfaces with windex to get any residual oil/grime. Then go over any surface that this tape will attach to with alcohol. Anything over 90% will probably work.

The tape alone is enough to hold the mirror blades in place, if you MUST use the screws, we drill out the hole in the mirror blade so that the screws sit absolutely flush.

Good luck!

#7 1 year ago

I just installed my first set of pinball life. I liked them. A bit “thinner” because they are held by adhesive and not screws. Faster and better delivery than Cointaker.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thinnest-mirror-blades and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.