Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by rotordave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0505 (resized).JPG
    There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

I'm thinking to sell my whole collection, the problem is that all pinball is 240v since it's located in Dubai, I converted some of them from 120v to 240v. it's simple process.

most of my pins are bought NIB, most of them with no wear and tear, some upgraded with fidelity speakers and shakers, here is a list bellow, I need a an estimate of the prices

- Iron Man original, with shaker and speakers, converted to LED (excellent condition)
    - X-men LE wolverine (excellent condition)
    - Tron pro, led (excellent condition)
    - The Hobbits SE, just arrived months ago, excellent condition with the super thick decal and pf protection
    - Cirqus Voltaire, need some cosmetic repair, I would love to change the pf and decals, it works good though
    - Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, need lots of repair, screen not working, some mechanic not working, pf looks really good though.
    - NBA Fast break need some work, mechanic need repair, playfield and decal are decent

sorry not adding pictures, would be much easier, but my games are in different locations, couple in my current house, some are in different house.

shipping the pinball to US might cost around 1k-1.5k by sea in container, not sure but approximately

#2 6 years ago

Um, yeah.....OK.

I spoke too soon

#3 6 years ago

Sooooo...is this a for sale ad? If so where's the price?

#4 6 years ago

Osama Bin Scammin

#5 6 years ago

He/She is just asking for some help with pricing. Highly doubt he's been here for 6 years just to scam.

Here's my thoughts:

IM - $4800
    TRON - $5500 and way up depending on mods
    Hobbit SE - $7k
    CV - $6800-$7k

Don't have any experience on the others. Also, Pics would really help.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

He/She is just asking for some help with pricing. Highly doubt he's been here for 6 years just to scam.
    He's my thoughts:
    IM - $4800
    Hobbit SE - $7k
    CV - $6800-$7k

Shipping those game from Dubai to the USA not at those prices... too much risk in that distance of shipping... maybe local pick up prices

#7 6 years ago

Wow. Can't imagine there are many pins in Dubai.

Prices above seem reasonable.... Then most likely going to have to discount for bundle deal and what some may view as risk of buying sight unseen internationally. I think you at a min mum should go get some pics.

I

#8 6 years ago

Its going to take some kong sized balls to wire someone in the middle east that kind of cash, even if they've been a Pinside member for 6 years. They would have to have a few legit people to vouch for them for sure. Plus the price would have to reflect the risks.

#9 6 years ago

Maybe try to sell locally first? Probably not a huge pinball market in Dubai, but it would be significantly easier to sell there rather than sweat international shipping and current conversion, plus the fact that an international transaction like this will spook many of your potential buyers, and therefore drive your potential selling price down considerably.

#10 6 years ago

Yes I was giving local US market prices. To sell to the US you should be prepared to offer some reassurances via pics, contact info and even an escrow service. Even with this you will need to heavily discount my figures above. Try local first.

#11 6 years ago

How did you get machines to Dubai in the first place?
    You bought Hobbit a few months ago but don't have any idea of it's value?

#12 6 years ago

Click on his post history and check out his posts. Seems legit to me.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Way ahead of you. Seems others would rather jump all over them first rather than doing some research. Pretty easy to connect the dots here.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Seems others would rather jump all over them first rather than doing some research.

yup...

#15 6 years ago

I love how someone downvotes the op and then doesn`t even add one single post to the topic. Unbelievable ! I gave the op an upvote to bring him back to zero.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I love how someone downvotes the op and then doesn`t even add one single post to the topic. Unbelievable ! I gave the op an upvote to bring him back to zero.

+1

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Seems like deja vu to me.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/instead-of-selling

#18 6 years ago

Ok, good luck

#19 6 years ago

Some of the replies are useful so thank you guys,

if you go back to my threads you'll know more about my pins and some interesting stories, some pins bought from US some bought locally through the distributor and a collector.

I'm only thinking to sell and been away from pinball for so long, I'm not sure about the prices now with all the remakes and vault editions.

I'm not listing my pinballs for sale yet, I'm sure I'm in the advice section lol I do not know many collectors here in Dubai, I know one who have an awesome lineup and he got his TH 3-4 months ago, but we are very few to be honest.

I sold my AFM long time ago to Mike (GAP), I purchased X-Men from him as well, anyway I'm not here to convince someone that I'm not scammer, I'm only need some advice on prices

The reason I listed my TH just to show you my whole collection.

I sold my older collection thou, AFM, LOTR, TF, started new collection, now thinking to sell my current collection,

Thanks guys, thread can be locked,

some guys are.. wow sorry for asking ..!!

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from BinGhanem:

All the guy did was ask a legitimate question and it came to this. Just brutal !

#21 6 years ago

Coughcoughjackoffcoughcough.

#23 6 years ago

I was just in Dubai a few weeks ago ... Shame this wasn't posted then, or I could have swung past and made a happy deal!

bummer.

rd

#24 6 years ago

Babba booey babba booey Howard stern

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from BinGhanem:

if you go back to my threads you'll know more about my pins and some interesting stories, some pins bought from US some bought locally through the distributor and a collector.
    I'm only thinking to sell and been away from pinball for so long, I'm not sure about the prices now with all the remakes and vault editions.
    I'm not listing my pinballs for sale yet, I'm sure I'm in the advice section lol I do not know many collectors here in Dubai, I know one who have an awesome lineup and he got his TH 3-4 months ago, but we are very few to be honest.
    I sold my AFM long time ago to Mike (GAP), I purchased X-Men from him as well, anyway I'm not here to convince someone that I'm not scammer, I'm only need some advice on prices
    I sold my older collection thou, AFM, LOTR, TF, started new collection, now thinking to sell my current collection,

Are you seeking advice on what would be a good price for a package deal to an international buyer?

Or advice on what they tend to sell for individually to a local buyer?

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Here's my thoughts:
    IM - $4800
    Hobbit SE - $7k
    CV - $6800-$7k

remember if you buying in bulk, the prices should be a better price to tempt someone willing to buy it all ,and have them do the work to piece it out.

#27 6 years ago

You had me at "sorry not adding pictures". How fucking lazy can you be?

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

remember if you buying in bulk, the prices should be a better price to tempt someone willing to buy it all ,and have them do the work to piece it out.

Absolutely. The OP was just looking for prices, which I gave based on my experience. With every layer of complexity/risk those go down.

Quoted from turbo20lbs:

It's not a matter of being lazy. All the games aren't in one location. Any serious buyer is going to get detailed pics. OP asked a simple question. Why it had to turn into this is beyond me.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from BinGhanem:

I'm so sorry your post was met with such foul behavior from a fellow American. Not all of us voted for the Orange Fruitcake, but that guy sure made it easy for bigotry to come bubbling up to the surface. Please feel free to enlist my help in selling your games. I'm happy to coordinate or even act as a free escrow service--even if you were to sell pinball machines out of France, Spain or Italy, as opposed to Dubai, most people in the USA would be leery about sending cash sight unseen.

#30 6 years ago

If you are not enjoying them there's no reason to have that much money tied up into them. Sell them and move on. If you want games again in the future you can always buy more later down the road. Sometimes I think I should sell off most of mine.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

I'm so sorry your post was met with such foul behavior from a fellow American. Not all of us voted for the Orange Fruitcake, but that guy sure made it easy for bigotry to come bubbling up to the surface. Please feel free to enlist my help in selling your games. I'm happy to coordinate or even act as a free escrow service--even if you were to sell pinball machines out of France, Spain or Italy, as opposed to Dubai, most people in the USA would be leery about sending cash sight unseen.

So in your view the fact that Trump was elected led directly to PACMAN's post. Really? That's quite a stretch. So insensitive or even insulting remarks were completely unheard of on Pinside prior to November 2016? I'm calling BS.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

Not all of us voted for the Orange Fruitcake, but that guy sure made it easy for bigotry to come bubbling up to the surface

And why did we have to drag incendiary politics into this?? Does it have to be brought into every discussion these days? Give it a rest.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

The guy/gal is just asking for an estimate on the value of what he/she has. Why is everyone being so hostile towards the OP? I have a feeling if the location said Georgia or South Carolina this thread wouldn't have as many hateful and obscene comments.

#34 6 years ago

Free escrow service? Somebody won't like that.

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from jj44114:

Free escrow service? Somebody won't like that.

How so?

#36 6 years ago

Considering the titles, the risk and time required to ship, sight unseen, the fact it's a bulk purchase etc, I would think that the most you would get is maybe $18-$20k?

As a guideline, check out the approximate value that they are selling for on Pinside. Give a 25-30% discount based on the trouble of logistics, then subtract the shipping cost, and that would probably be a fair place to start.

#37 6 years ago

I hate to have to moderate people...
    So please remember two Pinside rules: "Be Nice" and "No politics".

OP, sorry to see you leave the Hobby. Was planning to visit Dubai someday... you must feel lonely playing pinball there!

#38 6 years ago

It would be very difficult to find a private collector to buy the entire collection. Single sales of machines are prohibitively expensive due to shipping costs. Maybe you can ship them to a dealer (sucks b/c they don't pay much) or to a show and price them for quick sale.

IM - $4000
    TRON - $5000 and way up depending on mods
    Hobbit SE - $6200k
    CV - $6000k
    ... and they'll be gone by the time the show is over. Either way you gonna take a hit unless you happen to hook up with the right buyer that takes all machines. Miami has a seaport and the APE show will be in 2/2018 from what I hear (not 100% sure yet). Maybe check some other cities for seaports and pinball shows.

#39 6 years ago

First of all. I'll vouch for Binghanem. He's a real nice dude who happens to live in Dubai. We spoke several times. IMHO he should get kudos for collecting pinballs over there.

At least show him some respect, some of the comments here really are uncalled for. I have instructed the mod team to crack down on these types of unfriendly posts so you'll see more heavy handed moderation towards such nasty posts and, hopefully, a friendlier Pinside.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

First of all. I'll vouch for Binghanem. He's a real nice dude who happens to live in Dubai. We spoke several times. IMHO he should get kudos for collecting pinballs over there.
    At least show him some respect, some of the comments here really are uncalled for. I have instructed the mod team to crack down on these types of unfriendly posts so you'll see more heavy handed moderation towards such nasty posts and, hopefully, a friendlier Pinside.

I figured you would vouch for him. Way to go Robin!!! Was hoping you would jump in.

#41 6 years ago

I love it im moving to dubai

#42 6 years ago

Dubai is an interesting place, been there a few times. I've skied in Dubai...an interesting experience. Surprised there aren't more pins there as it is largely an international crowd where the vices you can't undertake in other countries in the region you can do in Dubai, like drink. It's kind of like the Vegas of the middle East, just not big on gambling (or some other things.). It's largely a hotel type place where the nightlife is centered on hotel. I'd think pins would do well in the environment.

I think shipping will hurt this deal and the pins will have to be discounted quite a bit, plus the votage has to be reconverted, not a huge issue, but an issue nontheless.

A nice set of games, though. Good luck!

#43 6 years ago

Sorry about the politics and reference to 45, but I stand by the apology.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from bitternerd:

How did you get machines to Dubai in the first place?

Now that is just plain dumb. Not all of us pinball ppl live in the US.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

Yeah, sorry you feel the need to bring up politics because you are still so but hurt that your candidate lost. How so "tolerant" of you to call our president names on an open forum like a spoiled child. Really shows your class! I am sorry that other people around the world has to see how much you hate your own country! So sad! But looking at your forum name I see lawyer so that all makes since!

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from RoadRunner:

Now that is just plain dumb. Not all of us pinball ppl live in the US.

Sorry, I read his post several times and I didn't see where he said that all pinball ppl live in the US. Can you quote that part?

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from TxJay:

Yeah, sorry you feel the need to bring up politics because you are still so but hurt that your candidate lost. How so "tolerant" of you to call our president names on an open forum like a spoiled child. Really shows your class! I am sorry that other people around the world has to see how much you hate your own country! So sad! But looking at your forum name I see lawyer so that all makes since!

Stay classy, TxJay. I understand wanting to be the first to be moderated after Robin told everyone to simmer down, but you're just showboating here.

#48 6 years ago

PL apologized, should be nuff said.( and I disagree with his perspective) One might consider the values of taking the high road, albeit the tuff road!

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

Still winning YUGELY! LOL

#50 6 years ago

Ok.

From this post on, political jokes, jabs, comments, replies, etc, will result in perm ejections from this thread.

Move this discussion back to the topic of helping the OP come up with fair pricing for his games.

If you get ejected, open a moderator feedback and we can discuss reinstatement.

Thanks.

Marcus

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thinking-to-sell-my-whole-collection?hl=bitternerd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.