(Topic ID: 14953)

Thinking of trading down The Shadow. Anyone ever do this? In Central PA.

By Jgel

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Well I have this Shadow that is in incredible shape. I am now thinking of trading down. Either a two for one with +/- a little cash or just getting one machine + cash in return. I have been wanting to try a few older machines. Haunted House/Black Hole has been on my mind and a few others. Any one every do a two for one deal and trade down?
I love the Shadow but it gotten on the easy side. I score close to 1,000,000,000 every game. Anyway, in anyone in driving distance has anything on my want list let me know.

#2 12 years ago

I have a T2 for trade. Let me know what you think.

#3 12 years ago

How much for a straight sale?

#4 12 years ago

I have been thinking about trading my TRON LE for a 2 for 1. If I could find a LOTR + TAF I would probably take it.

#5 12 years ago

Sure. Trade up or down, doesnt matter. EVERY pin gets old eventually....

My desire for the new greatly outweighs my lust for the old. LONG LIVE PINBALL!!!!

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

How much for a straight sale?

I am trying to not just sell it. If I do, I know I will use the cash on something else. It's the last one I have and I don't have a lead on anything or I would just sell it. Are both of yours keepers?

#7 12 years ago

I've got an EATPM and a HS coming up for sale trade very soon....

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

2 for 1, sweet! Do it, Jgel!

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

PM sent.

#10 12 years ago

All PM's and emails replied to so far. Let me know if anyone else is out there with an option.

#11 12 years ago

I would only trade an A-lister for 2 B-list pins.

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Yea I am not sure how this is going to play out. Have gotten a few PM's that I am thinking through, but I don't want to get rid of something like the Shadow for 2 dogs either. But maybe 1 and some cash or two nice pins.

#13 12 years ago

For sure! Trade any way you want or that makes sense for your collection and likes.
I've got an AFM up on the chopping block right now becasue it's too similar to MM for me, and I'm looking to get a Tron Pro for it plus a bit of cash.

#14 12 years ago

As some of my PM's have asked, I am not limited to my want list. Just let me know what you have.

#15 12 years ago

I traded my cactus canyon for: totan, demo man, dracula, world cup soccer. Sold Dracula and wcs for $4200. Planned to sell demo man but ended up loving it. Never selling totan.

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I traded my Cactus Canyon for: totan, demo man, dracula, World Cup Soccer. Sold Dracula and wcs for $4200. Planned to sell demo man but ended up loving it. Never selling totan.

Well, that is an awesome trade!!!

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Haunted House/Black Hole has been on my mind and a few others.

Have you played them? I thought I wanted to give them some time in the collection until I actually got a chance to play them...then decided against it. Way too slow for my tastes...

Tracy

#18 12 years ago

Shadow is fantastic don't do it!

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I don't know that I consider Shadow an "A-lister". But even if others do very few titles are in huge supply. As long as he gets back a game or two that he enjoys isn't that what really matters?

Tracy

#20 12 years ago

There's nowhere to trade but up from TS!

#21 12 years ago

I would LOVE to get a Ripley's Believe It or Not. But trading takes forever trading up. Most people want to move up, or across it seems.

#22 12 years ago

Antone else? Waiting to see if I get any other offers before I make a decision. Also waiting to hear back from a couple of you guys.

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There's nowhere to trade but up from TS!

Why do you dislike TS?

Dan

#24 12 years ago

I love the Shadow. I would say it has been the most fun I have ever had on a machine. That being said I have played it enough and want something new. I want to see if there is a machine that I might like better. After I play more machine I might get another Shadow if it is the best I play. I score over 1 billion almost every time. I would love to keep it, but I can't afford 5 machines at this point. So it's play and change for me.

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

So it's play and change for me.

Well said.
I have played many pins and there are only a few that I would keep and "never" sell. I looked at your list and there is 3 tops that I would consider a "keeper" These are games that you will keep longer then most. The problem I have with my small collection is that I use to have alot more. Had to sell due to my situation at the time. There was only 1 that I could not part with. So if i were you I would look for a fun pin and dont plan on keeping anything. I thought TZ was a keeper. I was wrong. I thought TAF was a keeper, wrong again. You will know when you find that special someone. The one that makes you warm and fuzzy inside. Then you wont be able to part with it and you will just "save your lunch money" up to get another. It may be a pin other bash. Everyone is different. Tho i would buy another TZ. Down the road. Its about #8 on my list.

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

I love The Shadow. I would say it has been the most fun I have ever had on a machine. That being said I have played it enough and want something new. I want to see if there is a machine that I might like better. After I play more machine I might get another Shadow if it is the best I play. I score over 1 billion almost every time. I would love to keep it, but I can't afford 5 machines at this point. So it's play and change for me.

I understood your motivation. My question quoted TheLaw's comment, so I am wondering why he doe not like the game.

Dan

#27 12 years ago

It just doesn't interest me. I don't like the big mechanisms on the ramp, don't like the upper playfield thing, I just don't like the shot layouts. And I don't like the looks, looks Sega-ish to me.
But to each their own.

EDIT: I tried it again last weekend becasue I know how many people love it, but it just doesn't jive with me.

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It just doesn't interest me. I don't like the big mechanisms on the ramp, don't like the upper playfield thing, I just don't like the shot layouts. And I don't like the looks, looks Sega-ish to me.
But to each their own.
EDIT: I tried it again last weekend becasue I know how many people love it, but it just doesn't jive with me.

I hate the backglass for sure. None of the aftermarket ones has really done it for me either.

But it has great sound and terrific animation. The diverters are a great way of doubling rampways without using up additional space, and the upper playfield is probably my favorite feature.

It's really funny how we have such different opinions on so many matters. I don't know about the Sega-ishness, but I have always thought for a B/W games, the flippers have a different feel. Never been able to figure that one out.

Dan

#29 12 years ago

Yeah there's something about it that reminds me of Segas...same with DM. Can't stand the look. Although TS looks better than DM. It;s the same way JD looks like a Data East to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 37.50
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thinking-of-trading-down-anyone-ever-do-this-in-central-pa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.