s-l500 (resized).jpg
61S-B-2wPcL._AC_ (resized).jpg
20191230_172402 (resized).jpg
20191230_172327_HDR (resized).jpg
20191230_172847 (resized).jpg
20191230_172927 (resized).jpg
20191230_172249 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

So thinking of some easy mods to my Black Pyramid... I saw on Ebay someone sells target decals... 4 of them are based off the Black Pyramid Artwork... but the 5th one is a Medusa Head... this got me thinking... What about changing the pop bumper caps and rings to the Red Medusa Style caps and rings... also add the target decals (plain white and yellow is boring) and then changing out the 3 drop targets to the Red Medusa drop targets... if you cant' remember what the pop bumper lights show for scoring... or the bonus multiplier from the drop targets... you can read the instruction card... I think I would also add the translucent red flippers also... any thoughts? I am going to LED the game also... as it is quite dark in certain spots on the playfield...

#2 4 years ago

not even one response? I will post pics after I get everything done...

#3 4 years ago

Anxious to see what your game looks like when done! I LOVE Black Pyramid but haven't done anything to mine. I'm thinking of LEDs since it looks almost dim next to my other games that have LEDs in them. I'm also thinking of adding the Polk 10" sub to it to pick up and amplify those super deep lows for certain feature scoring. Black Pyramid is a really fun game to play. "Poor man's Indiana Jones"!!

2 weeks later
#4 4 years ago

Updated pics... LEDs... Medusa pop bumpers and drop targets... Yellow flipper rubbers... Regular bulbs in most of back glass... Fire/flicker led for torch on back glass...

20191230_172249 (resized).jpg20191230_172249 (resized).jpg20191230_172927 (resized).jpg20191230_172927 (resized).jpg20191230_172327_HDR (resized).jpg20191230_172327_HDR (resized).jpg20191230_172847 (resized).jpg20191230_172847 (resized).jpg20191230_172402 (resized).jpg20191230_172402 (resized).jpg
#5 4 years ago

No love for Black Pyramid???

#6 4 years ago

You need a 3d printed black piramid on the playfield!
Or a sarcofocas or what its called
Maybe a scarab beetle too!

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

No love for Black Pyramid???

There isn;t a massive mod market for Classic Bally/Sterns to be honest. Black Pyramid isn't universally loved either.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

Updated pics... LEDs... Medusa pop bumpers and drop targets... Yellow flipper rubbers... Regular bulbs in most of back glass... Fire/flicker led for torch on back glass...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow!! very nice i picked one up years ago for 100 bucks and to my surprize it worked!! Just needed some love and care I gave it to our fellow Louisiana pinsiders(my old hometown) and they gave it a lot of love and care and they are enjoying it..

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There isn;t a massive mod market for Classic Bally/Sterns to be honest. Black Pyramid isn't universally loved either.

Yes very true,The one i picked up was going to the dump if it didn't sell so for the love of our hobby i bought it

#10 4 years ago

While watching a youtube video by TNT amusements on Black Pyramid, I saw that they added an LED behind the moving center target.
I think it was from this place:
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-modding/noflix-target-light/387/noflix-target-light-cool-white?c=2271
Not sure if this is the exact item, but it is similar.
If I had a Black Pyramid, this would be the 1st type of mod that I would do...

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

You need a 3d printed black piramid on the playfield!
Or a sarcofocas or what its called
Maybe a scarab beetle too!

Great ideas... And I have access to a 3d printer... Let me see where they will fit...

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

Great ideas... And I have access to a 3d printer... Let me see where they will fit...

Maybe print flipper bat toppers with scarabs!

#13 4 years ago

Sometning like this but then 3d scarabs instead of spiders

61S-B-2wPcL._AC_ (resized).jpg61S-B-2wPcL._AC_ (resized).jpg
#14 4 years ago

On mine, I have put colored bulbs under all the white inserts. And some colored bulbs in some places of the GI. Like this, it's more colourful. I will put pictures or video later.

I've added a metal wire to protect the left bulb, near the left star.

On another Black Pyramid, I've seen a nail at the beginning of each lane, to reduce the entrance and make it harder. I'm not for this. Well adjusted, this pinball can be really hard. It's the case of mine.

I don't like the Medusa bumpers because it's not a Medusa, nor the Medusa targets because each target has its own insert colour on the playfield.

#15 4 years ago

I found some small Resin Egyptian pieces on Ebay... Will see when they get here... coming from China so could take a while...

#16 4 years ago

These should be perfect!

s-l500 (resized).jpgs-l500 (resized).jpg
#17 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Really? Here is a mod I did to mine back in the summer of 2009. I invited a bunch of pinheads to my house for a party. They asked if it will be easy to identify my house. Yes, very easy. The mod comes in big rolls.
BlackPyramidDown (resized).JPGBlackPyramidDown (resized).JPG

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Really? Here is a mod I did to mine back in the summer of 2009. I invited a bunch of pinheads to my house for a party. They asked if it will be easy to identify my house. Yes, very easy. The mod comes in big rolls.
[quoted image]

WHY??? actually if it was a basket case I understand... the pin has fairly easy rules... and I think it is a very hard pin to master... I like it...

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

WHY??? actually if it was a basket case I understand... the pin has fairly easy rules... and I think it is a very hard pin to master... I like it...

Man!! That hurts just looking at that

#20 4 years ago

Black Pyramids get no love. All the games from Bally of the cheap squeak era are like that.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

Black Pyramids get no love. All the games from Bally of the cheap squeak era are like that.

I see,but it's still a pin have to have some place in the pin heart

#22 4 years ago

A video with gameplay to see the colored bulbs :

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

I see,but it's still a pin have to have some place in the pin heart

Yeah, it has a place... Strapped to a bed of live fire ants... You can score on this game, but all it takes is one small miss and you can be done for that ball. Sometimes, you never get a flipper on the ball. The ball is almost always out of control and to hit the side lanes, the shot has to be very accurate which almost requires the ball to be trapped to execute the shot . Add to that, when the ball comes down the inlanes, there is a little "bump" right before the flipper to mess up your shot. I tell people that I know that this game is "annoying" and to avoid it.

#24 4 years ago

Sounds to me like Annoying means hard... I find the game to be a lot harder than people think... It is a great multi player game... as for the "one small miss" that is what makes it a good game... try not to mess up... the side lane shots are harder than they look... mine is a keeper...

nice video with the colored bulbs... looks good...

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

It was more than a basket case. I got a call from a friend saying she knew a guy who rescued a pin from a fire. It sat in his garage for a long time and he decided he was not going to do anything with it; so free if I pick-up. I asked if she knew the title and she said "Indiana Jones I think".

Hooked up the trailer and took off like a rocket only to find Indiana Jones means some kind of adventure theme. Saved from a fire means this was on the first floor of a second floor fire. It got filled with water. His rescue was to throw it in a garage and watch the mold and rust compete to take over. He said he plugged it in but nothing happened. He's lucky nothing happened.

The only things untouched were the boards. Pulled them out, tossed the cab in the yard for the party then to the dump soon after. But I like to pull out the picture once and a while to make people freak out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thinking-of-some-easy-black-pyramid-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.