8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by super8man
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Undergoing some major life changes and just not sure I can go back to pinball. To let the reality set in easier, I was thinking of selling Gorgar. I am in the Sacto, California area.

I am in no hurry and can wait until PAGG to unload but in the meantime feeling things out...not after top dollar or anything, but my life is not what it was and I can no longer spend the time on fixing the Williams demon that is Gorgar and the 40-pin connector, etc...and yeah, it's just a fuse - the F2...

Cheers,
    Mike

#2 8 years ago

Sorry to hear you are going through some rough times, Mike. I hope everything works out for you.

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from super8man:

Undergoing some major life changes and just not sure I can go back to pinball.

I'm in my 2nd month as a first-time pinball owner, and I'm wondering without getting too personal what that means to say "just not sure I can go back to pinball."?

If you can elaborate, as to what that means it would give me more insight into what I'm just
    now getting into.

When someone says "undegoing some major life changes", for me that means they're getting a divorce, having a new baby in the family, or have decided not to spend more money on more pins so it's a financial decision. Or, it could be a spiritual decision, one where the demon that is Gorgar doesn't fit too well into. I personally couldn't see a born-again Christian wanting a Gorgar in their home.

Like I said I don't want you to say any more than you want to, I don't need to know ALL the details, I'm just wondering if you can explain what the "just not sure I can go back to pinball" statement.

I hope everything works out for the best for you. Obviously there are people here that are HERE if you need to talk. Take care dude!

#4 8 years ago

Yeah, it's a bit like that...for the foreseeable future I will not have hours on end to get into trouble shooting pins. I like them a lot, don't get me wrong.

So, if someone is interested, let me know.

Cheers,
    Mike

#5 8 years ago

Sounds bad Mike. I wish I could do something to help.

#6 8 years ago

Hope things get better Mike, We'll say a prayer for you.

God Bless

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from super8man:

Undergoing some major life changes and just not sure I can go back to pinball. To let the reality set in easier, I was thinking of selling Gorgar. I am in the Sacto, California area.

I am in no hurry and can wait until PAGG to unload but in the meantime feeling things out...not after top dollar or anything, but my life is not what it was and I can no longer spend the time on fixing the Williams demon that is Gorgar and the 40-pin connector, etc...and yeah, it's just a fuse - the F2...

Cheers,
    Mike

I'm sorry to hear that and always remember the good times always
    outnumber the bad times Life is filled with up and down moments
    keep your head up it will pass and always keep the good Lord in your heart
    and in your mind.

#8 8 years ago

Hey mike sorry to hear about this. on the upsode i would be interested in purchasing your gorgar. i live somewhat nearby. PM me to discuss.

#9 8 years ago

Well even if you sell all you machines you can always start up again in a few years?
    I hope you dont leave us - you have given some great advice to our members on SS pin repair

#10 8 years ago

I hope things getter better for you in the future. I know of people that have had to sell there collectibles for various reasons, including myself about 3 years back. It doesn't mean it is "forever" you can always come back to it in the future when the conditions are right if you want to. Good luck with your sale.

#11 8 years ago

Maybe if you don't need to sell, you could just pass your games onto family and friends who have space in their gamerooms/homes. Then possibly in the future they can return to you.

Good luck.

#12 8 years ago

I'm sorry to hear your life has taken a downward turn Mike. I know it will be rough but, hang in there, you'll emerge stronger and better prepared to deal with the curves life throws our way.

#14 8 years ago

Never give up the fight ! I understand how you feel .. kinda like when I got my first words from my doctor about cancer. Find some joy in the little things and moments.

#15 8 years ago

Things will get better Mike.You will be in our Prayers!

#16 8 years ago

Do what you have to do, man. I'm sure if you like pinball enough, it's not an easy decision for you, so the reason you've considered it has a much deeper consequences than getting a fuse replaced, or a new high score.

Roger Sharpe said he thinks what people like about pinball is the "inevitability of an outcome". I know I don't handle life well when I'm in a situation that I have no control over. Sounds like you have come to a point where you can have some control, and it's a better path than to stay on the current one.

Good luck, Mike!

#17 8 years ago

If you want to start a fund for Mike, great, I am in. But don't discount prayer for those in need. You'll be surprise what prayer can do for those that believe.

Take care Mike...

#18 8 years ago

I helped someone I really didn't know in PA that had cancer from agent orange, but he passed in January. We had served in the Vietnam War together and ate some of the same dirt, but I never met him. Coin play for 12 hours. Eight pins selling themselves. I'll put everything in the house on coin play, raffles and food. I know I can get a few Pinsiders to come over and party and maybe more! Maybe some Pinsiders would help me set this up too. We'd have to work out some details, Mike. PM me and let's see if we can help. I've did this before last year. Ref:
    http://citizensvoice.com/news/ohio-man-plans-fundraiser-for-local-vietnam-veteran-1.951385#axzz1MNb8wovY

#20 8 years ago

This thread is drifting............

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Thinking the same thing. Perilously close to going right off a cliff.

I don't what Mike's situation is, but I wish him the best. If there is anything we can do to help, I'm sure he'll let us know.

Based on his post, I'd say the first thing somebody could do is give his Gorgar a good home.

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Heard any good jokes lately?

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Based on his post, I'd say the first thing somebody could do is give his Gorgar a good home.

This is what im trying to do.

#26 8 years ago

dudes c'mon robin's been cleaning messes left and right lately. this isn't the place
    best wishes mike, hope you make it through ok, and can somehow find your way to pinball again in the future.

#27 8 years ago

If you don't have anything good to say, don't say it.

Sorry to hear you have bad times coming. My thoughts are with you.

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from BigJoe:

This is what im trying to do.

Cool! Hope it works out. It would be nice for it to go to a fellow Pinsider. That way Mike will know that the machine will be well cared for.

#29 8 years ago

Thanks everyone. No, no fund needed (yet). Without blame (it always takes 2), I find myself potentially facing being a single Dad (not what I want) so the pins will have to go...Like I said, I will probably simply wait until PAGG and lug them over and see who has cash. I do love the advice and problem solving on this site but at this point and for at least a year or more I can't see devoting my mind to this endeavour. I need to devote every waking moment to my young boys and it's a good thing. This site is still number one and I still read it daily when I can have a moment of normalcy.

Cheers,
    Mike

#30 8 years ago

Best of luck to you Mike. I went through a divorce (not my idea) a few years back myself. It was rough to say the least and I didn't even have the added pressure of children depending on me. So I can only imagine what you're going through...

It took awhile for me to get back to a place of normalcy, but once I did things got better one day at a time. For what it's worth I've come out of it for the better in the end. Hang in there!

Jason

#31 8 years ago

Thanks Jason. It helps hearing people say good things.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 19.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Bent Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    $ 229.99
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 117.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 400.00
    Boards
    Great American Pinball
    $ 279.95
    Cabinet - Toppers
    COINTAKER.COM
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside