• Latest reply 11 years ago by Joshmx19
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WOZ.png
#1 11 years ago

Am really thinking of selling my Spider-Man to get Wizard of Oz! Now wondering if I do sell it for how much.

#2 11 years ago

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I don't think you are providing enough information to accurately answer your question. But, in general a SM will go for anywhere between $4K to 8.5K, depending on the model, etc.

Tom

#3 11 years ago

Thanks Tom ill be putting more info in a bit.

#4 11 years ago

8.5k ?!?! Yowsa!
(although, with that being said, I've had an offer of 8k on my SM Red before).

Routed Beaters = ~anywhere in the 4k Range

Nice (documented) HUO = ~6k range

Spiderman Black = ~8k range

#5 11 years ago

Why don't you wait for Woz to actually come out? That way you get to play SM for another fee months.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I've had an offer of 8k on my SM Red before

...and you didn't take it?? Wow, I'll sell mine right now for $8K!

#7 11 years ago

Why don't you list a reasonable price so I can buy it and you can ship to me??!!!

#8 11 years ago

I can't imagine swapping Spidey for WOZ...but hey, different strokes...

#9 11 years ago

I would consider keeping SM and buying WOZ. I have WOZle coming soon. Recently purchased SM HUO. It is a keeper. Treat yourself to a second game.

#10 11 years ago

how can anyone imagine anything until woz is complete. i would just wait as well if i were you. no rush even if they start shipping in a month or two. you would be waaaay back of the line.

#11 11 years ago

I'd wait until finished woz comes out before making any decisions. There will be plenty out there.

#12 11 years ago

I agree,
Even if you did wait, there would still be enough machines (even a few non-10K LE's ) hanging around for a while when WOZ is finally delivered to the masses.
Hang on to the Spidey!

#13 11 years ago

With 1000 LEs and then even more standard editions already preorded, I cant imagine a scarcity problem with this title by the time they catch up to the preorders.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from vex:

how can anyone imagine anything until woz is complete.

Cuz I've played it. Granted - not with finished software...but it was enough to know I'd rather play Spidey.

#15 11 years ago

If you put money away now you might be able to buy a reg NIB and keep SM.

#16 11 years ago

Agreed ... Save $134 per week and you will have $7000 in one year, that's about when the normal models will be being made. Sweet!

Dave.

#17 11 years ago

Thanks guys ! Ill wait untill it comes out

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

...and you didn't take it?? Wow, I'll sell mine right now for $8K!

It was awhile ago and he wasn't very well versed on pin pricing and bought into the fact that mine is an "LE" but this was before actual LE's so it's really not any different than a regular spidey red. But it wasn't for sale so that was that

#19 11 years ago

Yea two very different games. I agree with the others keep SM such a classic & play WOZ when it comes out and if you like it a lot get it at that time.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

I would consider keeping SM and buying WOZ. I have WOZle coming soon. Recently purchased SM HUO. It is a keeper. Treat yourself to a second game.

LOL...coming from someone who has 30+ pins. The OP asked whether he should swap games and you tell him to keep his game and shell out another $7000. Pretty sure he could think of that himself if his finances permitted.

"Hey JCJP, whadda thinking? Just buy every game you think is cool and to hell with what you can afford!"

Okay, on topic: agree with the posters who said hold on to the spidey for a while longer til the reviews are out on completed WOZ code and gameplay. JJP will be making plenty if these and you can get one NIB if you like or buy one used for sure due to the numbers already ordered by others.

#21 11 years ago

Glad I've got both!.....If I had to get rid of one without even playing WOZ yet its bye bye Spidey!.......

Never my Lotr LE but as much as I like Spidey, and I probably will never let it go, it would be gone in a second if I had to choose...

#22 11 years ago

I own sm and I have played wozecle. woz is more beautiful, but spidey is way more fun. i think.

#23 11 years ago

I have played Woz and if you like a fast flow game you will be sad. If you like a slow and awkward game and looking at the pretty lights and artwork while being pounded in the eardrums with a never ending soundtrack of the same song and slot machine soundbites you will be so stoked with woz you may blow a hole in your pants.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

I have played Woz and if you like a fast flow game you will be sad. If you like a slow and awkward game and looking at the pretty lights and artwork while being pounded in the eardrums with a never ending soundtrack of the same song and slot machine soundbites you will be so stoked with woz you may blow a hole in your pants.

Sounds great, just what I've been waiting for.

Time to buy a needle and thread for my pants.

#25 11 years ago

Lmao !!!

#26 11 years ago

so my offer of $4250 probably dont count for squat now...But I think they would be a great 2 pin set up if thats all you have room for...

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

Right. Because that is what the finished game will be like. That's the downside to letting people like you play early demo versions. Time will tell, and pretty soon now. The game is built solidly, will play plenty fast (adjustable flipper strength, yo!) and will have a ton of great tunes **that aren't in the pre-release software yet***. I have no doubt the rules will crush too.

OP: SM is a keeper too imo. I would say wait on the WOZ for now--the killer preorder deal is long gone, so check it out when released.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Right. Because that is what the finished game will be like. That's the downside to letting people like you play early demo versions. Time will tell, and pretty soon now. The game is built solidly, will play plenty fast (adjustable flipper strength, yo!) and will have a ton of great tunes **that aren't in the pre-release software yet***. I have no doubt the rules will crush too.
OP: SM is a keeper too imo. I would say wait on the WOZ for now--the killer preorder deal is long gone, so check it out when released.

From everything I have heard that song is here to say and I really doubt they are going to change the geometry of the game to the point where it isnt slow. I have played games with adjustable flipper strength, meaningless! Its a wide body, it plays like a wide body. Its also beautiful and innovative I wasnt trashing the game but SM is pretty much the opposite of WoZ so one has to think the OP got SM because he enjoys that type of game.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

From everything I have heard that song is here to say and I really doubt they are going to change the geometry of the game to the point where it isnt slow. I have played games with adjustable flipper strength, meaningless! Its a wide body, it plays like a wide body. Its also beautiful and innovative I wasnt trashing the game but SM is pretty much the opposite of WoZ so one has to think the OP got SM because he enjoys that type of game.

He probably enjoys more than ONE type of game.

#30 11 years ago

don't do it! SM is a keeper just like LOTR and TAF! there's are games that should never leave a collection unless the selling price is so absurdly high that you HAVE to take it

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

He probably enjoys more than ONE type of game.

You know what he laughed at what I said, that was my intention. Im done with you.

#32 11 years ago

I got SM and star wars so I'll play WOZ at the TPF and see how it is. But from what I hear SM is a keeper it is nice has CT LEDs and chrom trim and coin door and lit ramps unless WOZ blows me away!

#33 11 years ago

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from JCJP:

Am really thinking of selling my Spider-Man to get Wizard of Oz! Now wondering if I do sell it for how much.

You would probably also want to trade your car for a new pair of sneakers too....LOL

#35 11 years ago

If you are sick of SM, trade it for something that is available now. Wait for your chance to play WOZ and if you like it, order one. Then play the replacement pin until your WOZ gets built. You're not married to your one pin! Nothing wrong with one at a time like you have - but it does not have to be the same one, year in and year out.

#37 11 years ago

put the crack pipe down until woz comes, finished, play it, then decide.

#38 11 years ago

I played the game extensivley too; and last time I checked the software can not change how the games geometry. The layout for lack of better terminology is very poor; and the mini playfield are very boring too. No software can fix this game in my mind. I am just saying their is nmo way that WOZ is even close to spidey. I played spidey when the software was beta version and was not far along at all and it blew WOZ away.

#39 11 years ago

Personally I did not like spiderman when I played it. I have not played WOZ but I like the theme. I think a lot of it comes down to theme, I think that WOZ looks like something I would like versus Spiderman. Also my wife is a huge Wizard of Oz fan so it helps to keep her in the hobby.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

That's the downside to letting people like you play early demo versions.

Daaaammn, StevenP.
I can't believe I actually agreed with your view 100% on that post! Has Hell frozen over?!?
(Thumbs up for you buddy! )

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I played the game extensivley too; and last time I checked the software can not change how the games geometry. The layout for lack of better terminology is very poor; and the mini playfield are very boring too. No software can fix this game in my mind. I am just saying their is nmo way that WOZ is even close to spidey. I played spidey when the software was beta version and was not far along at all and it blew WOZ away.

WOZ.pngWOZ.png

#42 11 years ago

I've got a BSM... it will be sitting next to my WOZ. I think the two would be a good pair, but if flow is not the be-all and end-all for you... WOZ may turn out to be the better player's machine. Although, it's too early to say until we get us some serious idea of the rules.

3 weeks later
#43 11 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Sounds great, just what I've been waiting for.
Time to buy a needle and thread for my pants.

I've been forced to change my mind on WOZ. It is easily the greatest pin ever made, it has everything you could ever want. Everyone should buy it right now, JJP & WOZ & Hobbit future of pinball and mandatory in my opinon. BUY BUY BUY NOW NOW NOW.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.95
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 91.00
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thinking-of-selling-my-sm-to-get-woz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.